Forums

Tia Eye NPC and rewards

Crazyhorse-DN

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hey folks, it's a fair request so here are the new prices that we're waiting to update to live. They are higher than the previous prices due to the high amount of Gold Protectorate Coins being collected. When determining the new prices, we looked at the average rate players were getting the coins and made a first pass using that information, and then we made a second pass where we brought the prices down a bit to account for natural tailing as the event progresses. These will be the final prices.

Items Price
Royal Sentinel's Weapon Box 1250
Royal Sentinel's Chest Armor Box 800
Royal Sentinel's Leg Armor Box 600
Royal Sentinel's Gloves Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoulder Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoes Box 450
Omega Enchantment Stone 250
Tempering Solution 350
+11 Manastone Selection Bundle 350
+12 Manastone Selection Bundle 550
[Title] Capable 1500
[Title] Mogul 1500
Tempest Commander Soulstone 100
Iron Wall Commander Soulstone 100
Defense Commander Soulstone 100
Contribution Commander Soulstone 40

We are actively working on bringing back the event merchants as soon as possible. It will require server downtime and we were hoping to get them back up during tomorrow's maintenance, but unfortunately we were not able to get the required build in time for tomorrow.

If these prices actually go live, you are going to be causing a large amount of your already small player base to quit-- especially with the arrival of new content, new games in that of Archeage, Bless Online, FF15 etc. 

When this Tia Eye event had first opened, it had rejuvenated a lot of players' hopes in this dying game. There was finally a way to reach end game gear, to gear out alts, to enjoy a nostalgic part of Aion's past. There was a PvP aspect to the event, and a PvE aspect as well. People were FINALLY GETTING TO ENJOY YOUR GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME.

A bug was later found where mobs could be looted as a league, and instead of fixing the issue and changing it so that prices remained but loot was allowed for Group only, you guys decided to allow the bug and readjust the prices later. HUGE MISTAKE.

These prices you guys listed here is THE biggest "nyerk you" to every single player who partook in this event, spending their time to farm and grind these past few days. Yes, it was a choice, but it was a choice INFLUENCED by the ORIGINAL listed prices made by your team. The original prices had encouraged a lot of players to sit through painful mindless hours of grinding as an opportunity to finally experience the game on an even playing field compared to those that "pay to win" 

Yes, people had known that the reason the NPC was taken out and the event was allowed to run was due to you guys monitoring the event, recording the coin intake per player. You guys failed to realize, however, that although there were people who grinded this event, there were also casual players who only have limited amounts of time to log in and play, let alone farm coins, and even some who took time off to participate in this event. Did you guys even ask yourselves: How long does it take to get "X" amount of coins in an hour? Would farming "X" amount of coins for "Y" price be a sustainable and fair process? Is mindlessly farming/grinding even enjoyable gameplay? 

Seems like the only things you guys are good at are: screwing with your player base, pissing everyone off, and shitting all over your own game. Good luck, should've left this shit game sooner instead of being hopeful that it would ever get better!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Win-KT said:

You still didnt get it... There is more players behind that quit then players that are still playing. Do u think its fun 1 shot someone? Or end up a idl with 50-5? or see other team just leave because they dont wanna fight? I prefer see everyone geared and have a real pvp they see 2 or 3% of the players geared.

The game is more dead each day... its not fun at all being geared alone.

I get it 5.8 has been out for 2 months.  I doubt most have finished armor, weps, and accs to the new stuff from 5.8.  Tbh being 2 months behind imo is not that far.  If you have 75 gear you would be equivelent to most of the population.  I agree with you on one thing though this event made the server alot more active, busiest I have seen it since merge.  So to see activity go down will be sad but honestly being able to get top tier gear by mindlessly farming in league is beyond silly imo.

Yeah I think it should be 100 or 150 for each omega and non tradable. 250 is way too much and once again you are helping the players who have an alt army... really poor choice NCsoft.   I missed a week of Evergales and I would of had better rewards doing that.  It sucks that you guys make a mistake on your end and now the entire player base has to suffer.

Why can't you make a new drop or rather "coin" and call them "TIA coin"  from the fatty mobs on top of the already gold coins and have 2 npcs for this event next to each other.  One NPC will have the new updated prices for the gold coins and the other npc will have the old prices for group loot??? That way we can get the eye back to its intended form. 

4 minutes ago, Fondue-KT said:

If these prices actually go live, you are going to be causing a large amount of your already small player base to quit-- especially with the arrival of new content, new games in that of Archeage, Bless Online, FF15 etc. 

When this Tia Eye event had first opened, it had rejuvenated a lot of players hopes in this dying game. There was finally a way to reach end game gear, to gear out alts, to enjoy a nostalgic part of Aion's past. There was a PvP aspect to the event, and a PvE aspect as well. People were FINALLY GETTING TO ENJOY YOUR GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME.

A bug was later found where mobs could be looted as a league, and instead of fixing the issue and changing it so that prices remained but loot was allowed for Group only, you guys decided to allow the bug and readjust the prices later. HUGE MISTAKE.

These prices you guys listed here is THE biggest "nyerk you" to every single player who partook in this event, spending their time to farm and grind these past few days. Yes, it was a choice, but it was a choice INFLUENCED by the ORIGINAL listed prices made by your team. The original prices had encouraged a lot of players to sit through painful mindless hours of grinding as an opportunity to finally experience the game on an even playing field compared to those that "pay to win" 

Yes, people had known that the reason the NPC was taken out and the event was allowed to run was due to you guys monitoring the event, recording the coin intake per player. You guys failed to realize, however, that although there were people who grinded this event, there were also casual players who only have limited amounts of time to log in and play, let alone farm coins, and even some who took time off to participate in this event. Did you guys even ask yourselves: How long does it take to get "X" amount of coins in an hour? Would farming "X" amount of coins for "Y" price be a sustainable and fair process? Is mindlessly farming/grinding even enjoyable gameplay? 

Seems like the only things you guys are good at are: screwing with your player base, pissing everyone off, and shitting all over your own game. Good luck, should've left this shit game sooner instead of being hopeful that it would ever get better!

A-MEN

as someone who has dont 5+ FM a week, Dredge every day, EC quest every day........and is nearly done every part of the new equipment I don't see how 5 coins per soulstone is a bad thing? 

1: More people with more gear = more competition = more fun, lets face it aion is not about skill its about gear.

2: You still require AP/Spinels to upgrade the gear.  It costs about 20-25 million AP to complete a whole set with at least one weapon and about 1500-2000 spinel medals JUST for the upgrade cost not even the original 75 abyss.

3: More people with more gear = higher demand for Omega/Tempering/Feli and those are frequently a reward in p2w events/BCM so why not???

4: uhhhhh 6.0??????? Dx 90% of the game is getting removed/changed in the next patch so why would it matter if people got equipment now? gear shouldnt be this hard/expensive to get.....considering how powerful it is everyone should have easy access to it now after two months.  

at the very least everything on that list should be 50% of the current prices and the titles/spinel coin gear may as well be removed due to relevance.....

Before the price jack you could solo junk mobs around the eye and farm 5 coins in about 10 minutes (assuming you have slow feet and mobs are scarce).

10 minutes to a soulstone. That's pretty good incentive to join this event and have a good time doing it.

Big thanks to all the guys who started forming leagues day 1 and forever ruined this event. You knew that Tia mobs were never set league loot. You knew you were abusing the event when you did it. But you did it anyway because you're a Dave. And Daves always mess things up for other people.

40 minutes ago, Chizow-DN said:

Umm, who are you to judge what people do with their time off? It's not different then taking off time for something else you like. Get out of here with your judgmental self.

Should we congratulate them for over farming and to help NCsoft calculate the new prices?

3 minutes ago, Deidara-DN said:

Before the price jack you could solo junk mobs around the eye and farm 5 coins in about 10 minutes (assuming you have slow feet and mobs are scarce).

10 minutes to a soulstone. That's pretty good incentive to join this event and have a good time doing it.

Big thanks to all the guys who started forming leagues day 1 and forever ruined this event. You knew that Tia mobs were never set league loot. You knew you were abusing the event when you did it. But you did it anyway because you're a Dave. And Daves always mess things up for other people.

People forming leagues to mindlessly farm 5x fatty per 6 minutes was not the problem here, sure do that for a week and everyone has 5-10k coins and the prices have to be high. I don't really know of anyone who wanted to farm fattys but we were indirectly forced too.  Some how NC messed this up when all they needed to do was swap it to group loot like it was intended. 

You could mindlessly farm Kumuki for end game gear in 5.6. So I don't see what the difference is in being able to do it now. 4.8-4.9 had the Mysterious merchants that allowed you to get easy end game gear too. Getting easy PvP gear via events is nothing new.

4 minutes ago, Gaup-KT said:

as someone who has dont 5+ FM a week, Dredge every day, EC quest every day........and is nearly done every part of the new equipment I don't see how 5 coins per soulstone is a bad thing? 

1: More people with more gear = more competition = more fun, lets face it aion is not about skill its about gear.

2: You still require AP/Spinels to upgrade the gear.  It costs about 20-25 million AP to complete a whole set with at least one weapon and about 1500-2000 spinel medals JUST for the upgrade cost not even the original 75 abyss.

3: More people with more gear = higher demand for Omega/Tempering/Feli and those are frequently a reward in p2w events/BCM so why not???

4: uhhhhh 6.0??????? Dx 90% of the game is getting removed/changed in the next patch so why would it matter if people got equipment now? gear shouldnt be this hard/expensive to get.....considering how powerful it is everyone should have easy access to it now after two months.  

at the very least everything on that list should be 50% of the current prices and the titles/spinel coin gear may as well be removed due to relevance.....

exactly what I am trying to say... maybe cuz I am using an alt he wont take me serious, I am happy to see one geared person share this opinion as well

4 minutes ago, Gaup-KT said:

2 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

exactly what I am trying to say... maybe cuz I am using an alt he wont take me serious, I am happy to see one geared person share this opinion as well

I have 0 issue with people becoming more geared just personal opinion is should have to put a bit more effort into it then what this was offering.  Not so much the gear but effort required .  So it is more the event and how was being run then with the playerbase

tbh for a coin here and 3 coins there the price's seem kinda high. ya it would be nice if the prices were a little bit lower and the items untradeable so us less geared could maybe try and catch up to make the game a little more competitive, but that dont seem like its going to happen. maybe nc gets a kick from watching a player in all lvl 80 gear +25 or higher with +7 acc or higher  kill someone in 65 or 70  or 75 gear not fully enchanted same with acc, who knows. as far as chest keys, im sure we will get stuck with them in our inventorys cause they spawn rates seems to slow with so many ppl in the eye, unless they put box's on the landing the last week for ppl  to use un-used keys on. think its time to just wait for 6.0 to come out and see what happens then, just play as usual and it i get slaughtered by someone 10x as geared as me then oh well so be it.

11 minutes ago, Gaup-KT said:

7 minutes ago, Gaup-KT said:

People forming leagues to mindlessly farm 5x fatty per 6 minutes was not the problem here, sure do that for a week and everyone has 5-10k coins and the prices have to be high. I don't really know of anyone who wanted to farm fattys but we were indirectly forced too.  Some how NC messed this up when all they needed to do was swap it to group loot like it was intended. 

Two very contradictory posts.  Why not just let it on league loot then if more players with more gear is more competition, right.  (Nod your head or you will look like you dont agree with your first post)

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hey folks, it's a fair request so here are the new prices that we're waiting to update to live. They are higher than the previous prices due to the high amount of Gold Protectorate Coins being collected. When determining the new prices, we looked at the average rate players were getting the coins and made a first pass using that information, and then we made a second pass where we brought the prices down a bit to account for natural tailing as the event progresses. These will be the final prices.

Items Price
Royal Sentinel's Weapon Box 1250
Royal Sentinel's Chest Armor Box 800
Royal Sentinel's Leg Armor Box 600
Royal Sentinel's Gloves Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoulder Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoes Box 450
Omega Enchantment Stone 250
Tempering Solution 350
+11 Manastone Selection Bundle 350
+12 Manastone Selection Bundle 550
[Title] Capable 1500
[Title] Mogul 1500
Tempest Commander Soulstone 100
Iron Wall Commander Soulstone 100
Defense Commander Soulstone 100
Contribution Commander Soulstone 40

We are actively working on bringing back the event merchants as soon as possible. It will require server downtime and we were hoping to get them back up during tomorrow's maintenance, but unfortunately we were not able to get the required build in time for tomorrow.

@Hime Are you...nyerking stupid? You're entire Dev, and fiscal analysis team must have been smoking the lowest grade form of rocks- to have come up with this. There were 4 possible ways to address the event and you've somehow managed to fumble-nyerk your way,  to come with 1+1=5.  Instead of solving the endless farming loop you've placed us in, you have stumbled upon a way to make it(this Tiamaranta Eye event) worthless. because you found it financially-"unfavorable to your backend"... rather than thinking of the player community wants and needs for in-game peripherals. It is unclear to me what you think you solved, and how this is inherently the answer.  Macroeconomics taught me that everything you've changed fundamentally equates to you  take a razor to your wrist and without thought of the player community, you'll leave behind. I mean what are these forums for? Can anyone on your Dev team read? Your company keeps laying the groundwork for the "don'ts" of the MMORPG world and I really think you competitors are taking great notes. Way to solidify that you really are- a snake eating its own tail. 

4 minutes ago, GumBall-DN said:

@Hime Are you...nyerking stupid? You're entire Dev, and fiscal analysis team must have been smoking the lowest grade form of rocks- to have come up with this. There were 4 possible ways to address the event and you've somehow managed to fumble-nyerk your way,  to come with 1+1=5.  Instead of solving the endless farming loop you've placed us in, you have stumbled upon a way to make it(this Tiamaranta Eye event) worthless. because you found it financially-"unfavorable to your backend"... rather than thinking of the player community wants and needs for in-game peripherals. It is unclear to me what you think you solved, and how this is inherently the answer.  Macroeconomics taught me that everything you've changed fundamentally equates to you  take a razor to your wrist and without thought of the player community, you'll leave behind. I mean what are these forums for? Can anyone on your Dev team read? Your company keeps laying the groundwork for the "don'ts" of the MMORPG world and I really think you competitors are taking great notes. Way to solidify that you really are- a snake eating its own tail. 

Yeah What this guy said ^^

So for a full purified 80 armor set, it will now take 255hours of just grinding fatties.

There is 168 hours in 1 week, if someone had 8 hours of sleep per night, and played for 16 hours per day, 7 days per week, they would farm for 112 hours in that week,

so it would take them over 2 weeks for farm just the Armor set from scratch.

and thats someone who has 16 hours of free time per day.

so lets say someone works for 8 hours per day, sleeps for 8 hours, and plays for 8 hours, which is unrealistic but i'll still use it as an example, they would be able to farm for 72hours per week, assuming they can farm for 16 hours on the saturday and sunday, it would take them 3.5 weeks or 24* days to farm JUST the armor. 

Do you see the issue here NCSoft?

How do you expect players to be able to progress for this event? Your prices are unrealistic, your very small community of players are dwindling, and you're forcing us to commit literally our entire life to farming an event for gear that is being replaced completely next patch. 

Also if theres any mistakes here I apologize, I posted this from my phone.

two ways for you to truly enjoy the game:

- be a zombie and farm the nyerk out of coins. (maybe) you will get enough materials and manastones.

- have (lots of) money so you can have anything you need from luna's game.

NCsoft don't want the casual and non-hardcore players to be awarded since 4.0 patch. Thats why the game if suffering the most on its playerbase

2 minutes ago, Digs-KT said:

So for a full purified 80 armor set, it will now take 255hours of just grinding fatties.

There is 168 hours in 1 week, if someone had 8 hours of sleep per night, and played for 16 hours per day, 7 days per week, they would farm for 112 hours in that week,

so it would take them over 2 weeks for farm just the Armor set from scratch.

and thats someone who has 16 hours of free time per day.

so lets say someone works for 8 hours per day, sleeps for 8 hours, and plays for 8 hours, which is unrealistic but i'll still use it as an example, they would be able to farm for 72hours per week, assuming they can farm for 16 hours on the saturday and sunday, it would take them 3.5 weeks or 21 days to farm JUST the armor. 

Do you see the issue here NCSoft?

How do you expect players to be able to progress for this event? Your prices are unrealistic, your very small community of players are dwindling, and you're forcing us to commit literally our entire life to farming an event for gear that is being replaced completely next patch. 

Also if theres any mistakes here I apologize, I posted this from my phone.

+1

i am pretty much done with aion. there is no way a average player can ever get close to getting geared .

had high hopes from this event.. instead got a punch in the throat .

Archived