4.8 and 6.0 history repeating

Neleth-KT

Do you see similarity of both patch ?

The biggest problem with 4.8 wasn't because they removed lands but because they removed and renewal instances and removed all old rewards along with it
Primal Spirit,Leather RB shoulders,Kahrun armors were popular before 4.8 hits if they didn't lazy and move instances entrance to Cygnea and keep it the way it was before 4.8.
Like old RB,old raksang so farming kahrun still possible,move AM,EF entrances to Cygnea.The reaction of 4.8 will be much more positive.

6.0 could done same removes lands and stuff but keep old instances and skins nobody will complain.
We don't want you to remove skins and later adding to crash shop.That's just lame and laziness.

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Do you see similarity of both patch ?

The biggest problem with 4.8 wasn't because they removed lands but because they removed and renewal instances and removed all old rewards along with it
Primal Spirit,Leather RB shoulders,Kahrun armors were popular before 4.8 hits if they didn't lazy and move instances entrance to Cygnea and keep it the way it was before 4.8.
Like old RB,old raksang so farming kahrun still possible,move AM,EF entrances to Cygnea.The reaction of 4.8 will be much more positive.

6.0 could done same removes lands and stuff but keep old instances and skins nobody will complain.
We don't want you to remove skins and later adding to crash shop.That's just lame and laziness.

Dejavu, I am sure I read something like this in the old forums, in a similar format for the older updates.

6.0 will be welcomed better than 5.0 was since at 5.0 it was the first item they removed plenty of stuff, they ruined the appearance of the characters which was their biggest mistake and in general changed th game so drastically for the very first time. Now we are used to tradeable medals, tradeable items etc and they will remove all that but they also "fix" things and simplyfy the game BUT we are already used to getting the game a face lift and now we will expect it.

Sure thing, deleting skins is a bad thing, they are a side thing to the game and it only offers the people the ability to be unique.

Well, I love skins, but I honestly don't see so much of an issue with things being deleted. You know what they say, you never know what you really have until you lose it? I honestly don't see anyone going around wearing elten skins or verteron or idk what other maps are being deleted. I know for many people these places are full of memories and whatsoever, that's fine really, but do you know how confusing it is for a new player to go into a game and see a bunch of maps that have no important quests or anything that he actually needs to do in them? Cause that's what would happen if they moved the quests to the remaining areas while keeping the old ones.

Anyways, you still have some time to farm those skins and as you said, eventually they'll be added to shops and stuff (which happened to primal hats), Kahrun armor is craftable, Steel Rose too so there should be a work around.

Also aggree with the uniqueness part that @Arxaggelos-KT mentioned, but that's just me as a collector speaking. lol

Imho, the problem with 4.8 was it removed active, popular zones, not that it removed a small handful of instances. 6.0 removes redundant zones (though I have a fondness for Illuma/Norsvold and wish it was Cygnea/Enshar going away instead). People don't even look at many of the low level instances these days. Their loss won't even be noticed by currently active and new players.

Skins will still exist and NCsoft might even sell the ones we can't craft/run/etc for. Korea isn't changing that anytime soon until/unless they add them to aetherforging in the future.

6.0 brings a ton of changes I do and do not agree with, but deleting dead zones and dead instances and streamlining the game isn't a bad thing the way removing KataDan was.

I get that, to you, AM/EF/Kahruns/LeatherShoulders was a big deal (and Kahruns was added to aetherforging in a recent patch), but I think, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't what stabbed the shit out of Aion for the playerbase as a whole in 4.8. Skins were the least of our problems in all the 4.8 changes.

Right now it's very hard to tell which skins remain and which ones are being removed. For example around Draupnir Cave I managed to get about 2 pieces that resemble the 1 Star officer skins you can get in the Academy/Priory, cloth hat and I believe chain pants.

Overall 6.0 isn't bad, it's actually a very good patch. You know what's gonna be bad? NCWest nerfing the patch, its drops, its items and I'm mostly concerned about the membership option. It works like Prestige Pack in Korea, but you never know, their cash shop is nothing but Quna and premium membership. Quna is also a possible concern.

37 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Imho, the problem with 4.8 was it removed active, popular zones, not that it removed a small handful of instances. 6.0 removes redundant zones (though I have a fondness for Illuma/Norsvold and wish it was Cygnea/Enshar going away instead). People don't even look at many of the low level instances these days. Their loss won't even be noticed by currently active and new players.

Skins will still exist and NCsoft might even sell the ones we can't craft/run/etc for. Korea isn't changing that anytime soon until/unless they add them to aetherforging in the future.

6.0 brings a ton of changes I do and do not agree with, but deleting dead zones and dead instances and streamlining the game isn't a bad thing the way removing KataDan was.

I get that, to you, AM/EF/Kahruns/LeatherShoulders was a big deal (and Kahruns was added to aetherforging in a recent patch), but I think, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't what stabbed the shit out of Aion for the playerbase as a whole in 4.8. Skins were the least of our problems in all the 4.8 changes.

I agree that in 5.0 they literally removed everything that worked, they tried to revive the abyss and it is a dead zone once again. It is partially due to the fact that teleporting to that massive thing is made hard on purpose, people just think twice having to go to abyss for anything.

Katalam and Danaria were amazing maps with everything they offered, fast pad pvp, camps for the quests that were relevant, and amazing sieges.
Tiamaranta with the daily mini sieges and Tiamaranta Eye which could give you exclusive pve for a day, another amazing feature.
And lastly Idian Depths, a really tight area full of people, trying to lock the enemies to make it a safe zone.

Those things worked and they got removed before they expired. Meanwhile I still haven't been in the whole Norsvold map (I am an Asmodian), I have been in Illuma once or twice since I loath rifting and the other maps kept are literally useless for anything other than those who go there to do the instances, and only because they kept the instances to those maps.

Heck they kept Silentera Canyon which was the most useless map since it was implemented, they never even tried to revamp it and it is still there.

~~~~

For 6.0 the only thing I disagree is making everything soul bound, removing the trading ability and limiting the economy of the server. That could literally mean death to NA Aion.

10 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

For 6.0 the only thing I disagree is making everything soul bound, removing the trading ability and limiting the economy of the server. That could literally mean death to NA Aion.

Dont forget the removal of unicorns, drinkable water and Herobrine.

13 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

It is weird they're going BnS style with the economy, though.

Yes, and I understand having many alts and benefiting from events could be a problem to them but they could make all event rewards soul bound.

What will be the point of going to an instance, getting an item that you do not need if you can't sell it to get some money and buy something that you need from someone else?

The economy of a game is one of the best features of the game, and Aion did a very good job at it.

7 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Thats my way of saying someone should recheck their sources. :P

Wasn't it in the patch notes or the crude translations people did from the Korean one, that the trading ability will be removed and only skins will be  tradeable?
Also try to be a little bit less trolly, you are simply making your posts worthless when you try to sarcasm in such a basic and bad way. Be constructive, nobody likes a shitposter.

- Soul Bind is what we have now, meaning you can trade something freely until equipped. Gear is being made untradable.

- Even then, that is not true. There is still tradeable gear. The crafted one, for example. The only one I am sure of is the top notch one.

- Trading is not being removed, it is still possible. They are removing the ability to trade kinah only.

- They are reducing the market a bit, but other than selling gear, it is mostly still the exhilarating activity we have now.

I can go full troll-mode if you want. Sarcastic brat is only level 1.

3 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Also try to be a little bit less trolly, you are simply making your posts worthless when you try to sarcasm in such a basic and bad way. Be constructive, nobody likes a shitposter.

3 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Ladies, ladies... don't fight! You're both pretty!

21 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Most gears were untradeable before 5.0 and no one complained. Kaisinel/Marchutan sets were the only tradeable things I remember when it came to gear.

20 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Wasn't it in the patch notes or the crude translations people did from the Korean one, that the trading ability will be removed and only skins will be  tradeable?

20 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

- Trading is not being removed, it is still possible. They are removing the ability to trade kinah only.

Player-to-player trade is removed. Personal shop is also removed. All new gears will be untradeable.

What's gonna be tradeable (meaning broker only or legion wh)

• Stigmas + skill books (Daevanion books)
  • BCM Skins
  • Manastones
  • Aetherforging mats
  • Pre 6.0 items such as eternal/mythic armor and weapons (which end up being useless, but used as skins)

Armor/weapon gear skins (drops from mobs) are not tradeable.

→ You will not be able to store kinah in your account warehouse or legion warehouse anymore.
→ Any kinah currently stored in WH will be forever deleted when 6.0 hits, which is recommended you share it between your toons or place it on your main.

22 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

→ Any kinah currently stored in WH will be forever deleted when 6.0 hits, which is recommended you share it between your toons or place it on your main.

Thank you for this heads-up. I've been wondering what would happen to kinah left in there.

The game is near to the end. The players are fewer each day. So few new people comes and most of them does not stay for so long. Event the veterans now are more dependant on events. If we have a nice event with huge rewards we play, if we do not have something easy and interesting, we do not. What they are doing is the easiest thing to do in situations like this. They are making the game smaller. Even in 4.0 we had 3 new maps (and the old ones were still there). But now we are going to have only 1 map for endgame content. We have less servers now, and only 1 map.... We are really few, and they know that we are not going to be more on 6.X . So an smaller game, with some P2W items, to get the last bunch of money from this game is what will happen. 

And I am not sure if there is a way to change that. So many games, newer games, in the market. Having a complete remake of Aion with some marketing to attrack people is something really hard and expensive. Of course it can be done, but is easier and cheaper to put that time and resources on making a new game. 

At this point we can discuss why this happened. We can give our opinions about the updates that damaged the game. The ideas that did not worked with the players. I imagine that wasn´t the intention. Probably they supposed that were good ideas. 

But I think that we are wrong if we try to take 6.0 like a real major update to fix the game. We need to realize that is just a way to make the game smaller and easier to manage. Less maps, less intances, less bugs, less people, less features to manage. It is not about if 6.0 is better than 5.X or better than 4.X or even older versions. They gave up. 

14 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

The game is near to the end. The players are fewer each day. So few new people comes and most of them does not stay for so long. Event the veterans now are more dependant on events. If we have a nice event with huge rewards we play, if we do not have something easy and interesting, we do not. What they are doing is the easiest thing to do in situations like this. They are making the game smaller. Even in 4.0 we had 3 new maps (and the old ones were still there). But now we are going to have only 1 map for endgame content. We have less servers now, and only 1 map.... We are really few, and they know that we are not going to be more on 6.X . So an smaller game, with some P2W items, to get the last bunch of money from this game is what will happen. 

And I am not sure if there is a way to change that. So many games, newer games, in the market. Having a complete remake of Aion with some marketing to attrack people is something really hard and expensive. Of course it can be done, but is easier and cheaper to put that time and resources on making a new game. 

At this point we can discuss why this happened. We can give our opinions about the updates that damaged the game. The ideas that did not worked with the players. I imagine that wasn´t the intention. Probably they supposed that were good ideas. 

But I think that we are wrong if we try to take 6.0 like a real major update to fix the game. We need to realize that is just a way to make the game smaller and easier to manage. Less maps, less intances, less bugs, less people, less features to manage. It is not about if 6.0 is better than 5.X or better than 4.X or even older versions. They gave up. 

I think it all depends on what angle you are looking at it from. For me 6.0 is a very successful major patch regardless of if the game decreases or increases in numbers.

I feel that when the company going in to designing 4.0 they had a large player base so choosing many maps was the correct choice. However with 6.0 all regions are coming off server mergers and struggling with player base they really had no idea if any players would place their trust in the company again. This would of heavily affected their decision on how many maps they would choose to make. 1 map to make the game seem more active to newer players is a top notch idea. The biggest thing to me is visually achievable end game.

Currently for a new player majority would not see an achievable end game goal however with 6.0 when they play and after the first 2-3 weeks they will probably have +10-15 PvP and PvE gear. 

I think you are correct as well this is not the major update that *fixes* Aion. It is however a patch that i feel had much thought behind it. They could of decided to end Aion's updates with all the server mergers happening during the 5.X period but instead they decided to scale progression back and have an end game objective. This then allows developer driven progression through new gear every few patches.

On 24/5/2018 at 7:26 PM, Bryos-DN said:

I was more than sure that you would try to brag about this. Learn the difference between constructive trolling and blatant shitposting you newbie.
Also Git Gut about what you wrote, apparently you didn't read any patch note translations and you simply wanted to come here and hijack the post, pretending you know what we don't and that you didn't even need to explain.

This reminds me the high school drama. So basic.

Archived