Forums

So what is the changes on 6.0?

1s33C4DE-KT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 zones get nuked. The Abyss is removed. Leveling is streamlined, and 1-80 can be done in <12 hours or so. There is only three types of gear left (ancient, legendary, ultimate), stats are changed, your old gear is invalidated, kinah is character bound and player to player direct trades are gone; you have to use the broker now, not everything is tradable (though supposed the good crafted armor is tradable). Scrolls have been replaced by "transforms," unlocked transforms are usable accountwide, there is transparency contract things you can use that make your transform invisible. You can only use your main-type of armor on your characters (templar/glad can only wear plate, etc). The original crafting professions are gone. Aether gathering is gone. Essencetapping still exists, even though I never found anything to gather when I played the PTS (so I wonder if that's sticking around for 7.0 stuff). There is one new endgame zone, and it's shared like KataDan were shared. There are two fort sieges left: Divine and the new Lakrum siege. Some instances get removed and others get reworked. THERE IS A LOT MORE THAN ALL THAT, TOO.

It'll probably be released here in NA in October.

6 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

you can still use direct trade player to player and send items via mail too, the thing you can't trade is Kinah.  You can use kinah for trades only at Broker now.

here is a pick from my old toon in GF server.

qjeWG8o.jpg

I feel like I had the biggest revelation ever. Now I know why and how the trading was disabled in Korea lol

On 9/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

you can still use direct trade player to player and send items via mail too, the thing you can't trade is Kinah.  You can use kinah for trades only at Broker now.

here is a pick from my old toon in GF server.

qjeWG8o.jpg

That's all old gear and items? That stuff is tradeable.

The new items will say right on them if they are tradeable (between players) and if they are able to be placed on the broker. Some things are neither. Some things are both. Some things are one or the other. So you will find things that can be placed on the broker but are not able to be traded between players.

22 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

That's all old gear and items? That stuff is tradeable.

The new items will say right on them if they are tradeable (between players) and if they are able to be placed on the broker. Some things are neither. Some things are both. Some things are one or the other. So you will find things that can be placed on the broker but are not able to be traded between players.

That is correct. It's a bit annoying to see two texts and you have to read both to know what kind of trade can be done.

Sorry for the double, but I figured this was a good enough place to put a post about my experiences on the EU servers.

I had an account there from 2012 when I beta tested Gameforge's ftp model. The gold pack sucks eggs, so I quickly returned to NA when they also went ftp. At the time, NA's ftp>>>Gameforge's ftp. I got an email from Gameforge with a code for some nice things to entice old players to return for 6.X. Sucks that the mount (which is the cutest thing!) is only 30 days, but I figure I am not there to stay.. so I shouldn't complain!

LEVELING. Super easy and super quick. I got to 80 in 4 days and I didn't kill myself to do it. Started a fresh Asmo character. Ishalgan is old school.. in that it is dark. Loved it. I missed the other areas, but I felt like I actually -used- the full remaining areas rather than missing more than half. Some of the reworked areas are amazing (Ishalgan!) and some are not (Red Mane Cavern). All the old, out of date content is gone. No crappy potions or scrolls. No coins that no one needs any more. All the rewards were useful. I got a lot of the transformation -potions-. Not all were useful to my class, but I certainly used any that gave me 30% run speed just so I could run about faster. The story/lore is back and it makes sense again! We have had so many "reworks" of leveling in the past that bits and pieces of the story have been totally lost and little of it made sense. Your very first quests give you a rundown of the lore of the game. The video was very nice. I just hope ours has better translations/voice actors. As you level, you will kill Tiamat and Beritra. It felt really odd to go into DLR and DD -solo- and kick ass with your NPC buddies. After getting over that, I just saw it as an homage to all the pain and suffering we went through to down those for the first time! Quite a few of the old dungeons are solo things. Gives a nice flavor for the past and does show us that our characters are kickass daevas. Probably the only thing I missed from Tiamaranta was the twist that Lephar was Israphel. That area being taken out wiped that whole reveal out of the game. In the rework we don't get to see that, but we do get Israphel sweeping in after Tiamat's death and stealing Siel's relics. Yoink!!! I actually cheered!

GEAR. You get leveling gear just by doing quests.. and it's good stuff! You get wings, feathers -and- bracelets, too. So do -all- the quests. (As I mentioned, you will want those transformation potions from the quests for the run speed alone.) There are nifty "tutorial" quests where the the game shows you how to do things like.. set up a custom chain, put on a title -and- open mana slots. And there is the first pay2win option that I saw. Your new gear won't have mana slots. You have to open them with items you can earn in game or buy in the cash/kinah shop. The more of those you have open, the more stats you will have. Someone that pays in and opens them all right away is going to kick some serious booty. Ftp players will lag behind. 

CONSUMABLES. The new power shards are useable by all classes and make your attacks stronger.. even your magical ones. Minium is locked to a certain type of minion. You need A Type to upgrade an A minion. The skills on C minion are better than they were, though! It seems like most of the mounts and titles you can buy/earn in game are temporary. (The cash shop still has perma mounts, but I don't see titles.) Our old titles and mounts are still around, so that is just something new players will have to deal with.

SKILLS. The rework of skills seems fine.. at least for cleric. I do miss some of them and mana management is harder, but I can get used to it. Things do seem more streamlined. 

PAY2WIN. So aside from the ability to open mana slots quicker, those transformation scrolls are going to make some serious money for NCSoft. It seems to be pretty easy to earn transformation potions in game, but the scrolls (which unlock a certain transform perma) are tough to find. The cash shop seems to be the main source and they are RNG. So you will have to but many many many or get super lucky to get the top ones. AND.. you need -another- type of scroll that allows you to take the form you already unlocked. More money. You can buy things with kinah. You can buy gold bars and then buy things with gold bars. You can "craft" things with luna (the luna crafts in EU are things like.. new power shards, mana slot opener items and the scrolls you need to access your already unlocked transforms). And ofc, you can plunk down your real money.

WEIRD THINGS. Guestblooms are gone. You can still get the quest for the items to feed them. You can still buy things with guest petals. But you can't buy the guest blooms at all. Weird, right?

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The story/lore is back and it makes sense again! We have had so many "reworks" of leveling in the past that bits and pieces of the story have been totally lost and little of it made sense. Your very first quests give you a rundown of the lore of the game. The video was very nice. I just hope ours has better translations/voice actors. As you level, you will kill Tiamat and Beritra. It felt really odd to go into DLR and DD -solo- and kick ass with your NPC buddies. After getting over that, I just saw it as an homage to all the pain and suffering we went through to down those for the first time! Quite a few of the old dungeons are solo things. Gives a nice flavor for the past and does show us that our characters are kickass daevas. Probably the only thing I missed from Tiamaranta was the twist that Lephar was Israphel. That area being taken out wiped that whole reveal out of the game. In the rework we don't get to see that, but we do get Israphel sweeping in after Tiamat's death and stealing Siel's relics. Yoink!!! I actually cheered!

Killing Tiamat without even going to Tiamaranta, and Beritra without even going to Katalam and Danaria where it all began, just feels wrong to me. Maybe you might call it "summarized" in a positive tone, but I call it "watered down". Yeah, you'll probably just rage at me again for "nostalgia", but force-summarizing the campaign for everyone is just wrong. One thing I really hoped I could do last time was run through the entire campaign from Poeta/Ishalgen to Tiamat to Fregion, but that dream is entirely shattered now. At the very least they could have made it a choice when you create your character to choose the full or summarized story. Now nobody can experience or re-experience the real journey anymore.

How does going to DLR and DD solo feel odd? It was the same in Tiamaranta's Eye campaign and Cygnea/Enshar campaign.

I don't mind old dungeons becoming solo, as long as they don't remove or change the side quests, which they probably did anyway.

56 minutes ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Killing Tiamat without even going to Tiamaranta, and Beritra without even going to Katalam and Danaria where it all began, just feels wrong to me. Maybe you might call it "summarized" in a positive tone, but I call it "watered down". Yeah, you'll probably just rage at me again for "nostalgia", but force-summarizing the campaign for everyone is just wrong. One thing I really hoped I could do last time was run through the entire campaign from Poeta/Ishalgen to Tiamat to Fregion, but that dream is entirely shattered now. At the very least they could have made it a choice when you create your character to choose the full or summarized story. Now nobody can experience or re-experience the real journey anymore.

How does going to DLR and DD solo feel odd? It was the same in Tiamaranta's Eye campaign and Cygnea/Enshar campaign.

I don't mind old dungeons becoming solo, as long as they don't remove or change the side quests, which they probably did anyway.

It's completely watered down! I think I said as much. That's part of why it felt odd. The rest of why it felt odd is that I was one of those people putting together a group to down both (A)DLR and DD back when it was hard. I remember watching videos and teaching and failing and trying again. Just going into those instance make me clinch. So yeah.. it's odd to do it solo.

As for forcing someone to summarize, I don't understand what you are saying. Those of us who already leveled to 75 won't be back-playing the new campaign. We aren't forced to do anything. Our characters already played the story the way we played it back in the day. But if we want to start a new character, we will be forced to play the new campaign. That's the only one available and that character will have a similar experience that our old one did just at a faster pace, which is better than what we have now where the campaign is missing big chunks and things don't make sense. 

And yes. The quests and the flow of the dungeons are often different. Again.. that is something we would notice if we take our level 80 in there or start a new character. But to someone new, they will always be that way.

11 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

It's completely watered down! I think I said as much. That's part of why it felt odd. The rest of why it felt odd is that I was one of those people putting together a group to down both (A)DLR and DD back when it was hard. I remember watching videos and teaching and failing and trying again. Just going into those instance make me clinch. So yeah.. it's odd to do it solo.

As for forcing someone to summarize, I don't understand what you are saying. Those of us who already leveled to 75 won't be back-playing the new campaign. We aren't forced to do anything. Our characters already played the story the way we played it back in the day. But if we want to start a new character, we will be forced to play the new campaign. That's the only one available and that character will have a similar experience that our old one did just at a faster pace, which is better than what we have now where the campaign is missing big chunks and things don't make sense. 

And yes. The quests and the flow of the dungeons are often different. Again.. that is something we would notice if we take our level 80 in there or start a new character. But to someone new, they will always be that way.

What I'm saying is that the campaign is forcibly summarized now. You don't get to pick the long or short version. It's not like I'm asking them to design 4-7 new maps from scratch. The maps were already there, the story was already written. It's so much wasted content.

Also, let's say it takes 2-3 years to play through a character till you get bored of it. You don't even get enough time to replay the other faction from scratch before they nuke everything again. Even so, replaying the entire story isn't that boring if you haven't played for a very long time and just want to re-experience the whole thing again.

Just now, xiilieaxz-DN said:

What I'm saying is that the campaign is forcibly summarized now. You don't get to pick the long or short version. It's not like I'm asking them to design 4-7 new maps from scratch. The maps were already there, the story was already written. It's so much wasted content.

Not wasted. As you say.. condensed. And to my way of thinking, that's a good thing. I leveled an alt not too long ago. I just did the gold and dark blue quests. Even doing all of those there were huge chunks of the story that were missing (for the missing maps.. as you pointed out) and very little of it made sense. There grand sense of (in a booming voice) YOU ARE A MIGHTY DAEVA was missing and had been for years, imo. Large portions of the map weren't even used. It was such a waste.

Having just played through the new campaign from 1 to 80, I am satisfied. There are, ofc, still things missing that I loved from the 9 years that I have played Aion. But all in all.. I am satisfied. The sense of grandeur is back. The sense of being a pretty big freaking deal is back. They even give you a nice sense of -why- the fight against the Elyos is personal to you. (Need to play through as an Elyos to check out the changes there!) The storyline is connected. It flows.

But then again.. I think it's possible to be nostalgic without being afraid of change. I miss the old Aion. I miss that feeling when I hear the old login music. But I understand that the game has always been about endgame and endgame isn't level 50 and Dark Poeta any more. RIP Dark Poeta.

16 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Large portions of the map weren't even used. It was such a waste.

Actually every part of each map was utilized, sometimes even every mob. Quests are what make me spend time in each area and that's how I get to know them. It's a real shame they chose to auto hide light blue quests, that so many people don't even know those quests exist anymore. So many of them were fun and interesting. Eg. trying to sneak around Frillneck nests to get their eggs in Tolbas Forest (my favorite area in the game) for a "special" omelette. Some quests sent you to secluded areas so you can learn about the different places in the world (Eg. Edendell in Tiamaranta). Without all these extra areas the game is just a boring linear game.

10 minutes ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

Actually every part of each map was utilized, sometimes even every mob. Quests are what make me spend time in each area and that's how I get to know them. It's a real shame they chose to auto hide light blue quests, that so many people don't even know those quests exist anymore. So many of them were fun and interesting. Eg. trying to sneak around Frillneck nests to get their eggs in Tolbas Forest (my favorite area in the game) for a "special" omelette. Some quests sent you to secluded areas so you can learn about the different places in the world (Eg. Edendell in Tiamaranta). Without all these extra areas the game is just a boring linear game.

Aion has always been a boring, linear grind. Always. At launch we actually had to go and grind mobs to level sufficiently to get the quests at the next quest hub! Lol. Dodging PvP and -running- to the next area because there were so few flight paths and no mounts -and- who could afford (or even -make-) run speed scrolls. Sigh. Those were the days. I remember them, but damn.. I don't want to ever go back to them! 

Aion has also always been about endgame. Look what happened in the last patch when the slowed to a crawl leveling? People left. In droves.

What the developers have done now in 6.x is a positive, needed step. I am glad they respected the storyline and the history of the game so that even when they streamlined the process, they still respected what came before.

Reading Aly's post makes me excited to check out the new campaigns.

As someone who hasnt touched the patch yet, I have a question. Is it a different storyline set in the same world as the original (as in acknowledging all events of the previous patches) or the same storyline but with different setting?

Like, are you actually fighting Tiamat or is it still like the TS and DLR in Enshar/Cygnea where you fight an illusion?

15 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Aion has always been a boring, linear grind. Always. At launch we actually had to go and grind mobs to level sufficiently to get the quests at the next quest hub! Lol. Dodging PvP and -running- to the next area because there were so few flight paths and no mounts -and- who could afford (or even -make-) run speed scrolls. Sigh. Those were the days. I remember them, but damn.. I don't want to ever go back to them! 

Aion has also always been about endgame. Look what happened in the last patch when the slowed to a crawl leveling? People left. In droves.

Well they did improve on the slow leveling that I didn't find any leveling problem at all when I started playing. And I know about dodging PvP because that's literally what I've been doing while doing spy quests in Norsvold.

I don't agree that Aion was all about end game. There was so much more to do like Steel Rake and rift quests. They were what warmed you up for end game.

The problem in the last patch was that they squeezed all the grind to 10 levels. Nothing is more boring than grinding 0.5-1 level per day. The pacing was fine for a very long time before that. Just like deleting almost all sieges because of overscheduling, they're overdoing it again by making the game 99% end game.

I believe you are actually fighting them. You do touch and orb and get transported. But there are surprises (or at least one!) that I won't reveal. You actually fight Tiamat and she dies. You actually fight Beritra and he does take off.. leaving his claw behind. So just as in DD, he is around somewhere waiting.

As an Asmo, it's the same story-ish. "THIS is the new daeva? Aren't they one of Ulgur's Raiders?!" It's all about being recognized as special and looking to the future though some of the details have changed. The same people show up, but in slightly different ways.

I think I am going to go level and Elyos now and see how that has changed!

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I believe you are actually fighting them. You do touch and orb and get transported. But there are surprises (or at least one!) that I won't reveal. You actually fight Tiamat and she dies. You actually fight Beritra and he does take off.. leaving his claw behind. So just as in DD, he is around somewhere waiting.

As an Asmo, it's the same story-ish. "THIS is the new daeva? Aren't they one of Ulgur's Raiders?!" It's all about being recognized as special and looking to the future though some of the details have changed. The same people show up, but in slightly different ways.

Please tell me Belbua is not just some random uncle captured in a pod now.

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I'm waiting for NA's release before I do an Elyos! Want to level up a glad in the new patch!

9 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Reading Aly's post makes me excited to check out the new campaigns.

As someone who hasnt touched the patch yet, I have a question. Is it a different storyline set in the same world as the original (as in acknowledging all events of the previous patches) or the same storyline but with different setting?

Like, are you actually fighting Tiamat or is it still like the TS and DLR in Enshar/Cygnea where you fight an illusion?

Oh boy you are settting yourself for such a disappointment. I never really cared about any lore/quest stuff but the way they deleted all the work they did before caught my attention, everything is pretty much the same except that

this (quest example) :                                                                            became this:

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"                         "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

. go do something                                                                                   . kill/collect something

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa                            *collect rewards*

. go do something

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 

. go do something

. go do something

~90% of the cutscenes went puff and the dialog (lol) is just "you proceed with the conversation" for all the quests.

The new quest experience is a carbon copy of the norsv/iluma camps.

Archived