The transformation system is terrible

Vlaskis-KT

I hate it so much, and i hate it even more because i need to use it or my character move and attack so slow, why change the scrolls it was working just fine? I want to look at my cool looking armor and not to the barney costume, i cant take this game seriously anymore because where i look i see a furry convention,  why just dont boost the base moviment and attack speed so we dont have to rely on this garbage to play? What a turn off when im watching a cutscene and i see a polar bear costume among the fully equiped asmodian army, i know a really simple fix, add a passive skill to all classes that increase moviment speed and attack\cast speed every a few levels up to 30% at lvl 80

1 hour ago, Qjn-KT said:

That 30% boost is not a simple fix. Matter of fact it would make certain classes completely unbalanced.  Imagine a glad with the new berserk skill at attack speed cap with that boost. 

Holy crap thank god there are still some people on this forum who rationalise things internally before posting.

Everyone hates it, why do you even have that awesome character creator if you just want to hide people in some team mascot suit?  Just make people choose from a dog, a cat, a bear, a penguin. Out of all the brain dead ideas I have seen from Korean MMOs and there are a lot. This one takes the cake. I dunno, maybe people in Korea hate looking awesome and think it's fun to run around looking like some butt bear. And the real big slap on the face is how they have the transparent scroll available for real money, and it's not even permanent, so you have to keep buying them. It's like some  guy at NCsoft said, " ok, I hate working on this game and hate everyone who plays it, what can I do to really nyerk them all off and troll the nyerk out of them?  Oh, I know, I'll force everyone to look like a stupid plush toy animal unless they pay me $$$$$, haha, that's going to be funny. Stupid idiots will buy anything"

4 hours ago, Qjn-KT said:

That 30% boost is not a simple fix. Matter of fact it would make certain classes completely unbalanced.  Imagine a glad with the new berserk skill at attack speed cap with that boost. 

Doesnt that already happen with this transformations? I suggest that fix so we dont HAVE to use this garbage system

No, the transformation doesn't reach speed cap until you start using the legendary grade with gear that give speed boost. Not to mention that you lose the transform when you die.

Also were about 2 weeks into the patch, I'm sure the team are looking into the problem, even though we had months of data and research from aion powerbook. So you can say this system wasn't expected.

I honestly thought this patch would be good, 5x was so bad I thought there was no way it could get worse. But they managed it. I have to remember that Aion was pay to play in Korea and when it went free to play they had to change the whole system. But it has always been free to play here, so this is their idea of a free to play game. It's gonna suck. You can have more fun playing games on your cell phone than this. It's just drudgery.

18 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

Not aesthetically pleasing at all (for Elyos either).

I know right, all those guys with their cool looking armor, they don't need to transform into a butt bear to be strong, why do I? Dudes standing there with elite armor on looking like they are ready, mean while there you are looking like you just escaped from some Saturday morning cartoon. Lol, it's funny cause it's stupid.

7 minutes ago, Vlaskis-KT said:

What are the chances for ncsoft to change this system?

We know they don't change it in 6.5. as Korea has that patch already.

Or were you asking what the chances are of NCWest doing something like adding other ways to get transparent scrolls or making them less expensive on the BCM? Either one of those could happen.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

We know they don't change it in 6.5. as Korea has that patch already.

Or were you asking what the chances are of NCWest doing something like adding other ways to get transparent scrolls or making them less expensive on the BCM? Either one of those could happen.

Reducing the prices is a good start, since we cant craft these transformations right? so different from the old speed crolls you need to spent money on it, and thats totally bs

1 hour ago, LeBeowolf-KT said:

Azphelumbra Daevas do what I do 'bout the creepy transformations, don't use them!  Sacrifice the use of them by relying on your other HP & MP buffs, and continuing enjoying the game without them!  Keep on keep'n on. :)

thats not how it works, its not an option, we have to use it because they took the old speed scrolls from us, we dont have other choices and it feels like they made the classes attack and run slower than previous patches to force us to use this garbage system

Don't use them and, yes solo PvE is okay but, PvP or any group or alliance and, you're kicked or dead, or both for not using transformations. Unless you have some of the old 30 min scrolls left, you have no choice but to simply level alts or be a disgusting cartoon critter or a monster that should be killed. We are forced to pay for transformations, then pay again to hide the fool things. We're being forced to pay to see our default characters and, that's what's wrong.

Paying for the boost isn't the problem, it's paying to see default that's the issue to me. I don't mind buying food, beverages or, the old scrolls, enchanting mats, etc... that's fine. What will not do is pay to see the character I created.

4 hours ago, Insertion-DN said:

Aion was originally pay to play...

I liked it better then.

2 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

Don't use them and, yes solo PvE is okay but, PvP or any group or alliance and, you're kicked or dead, or both for not using transformations. Unless you have some of the old 30 min scrolls left, you have no choice but to simply level alts or be a disgusting cartoon critter or a monster that should be killed. We are forced to pay for transformations, then pay again to hide the fool things. We're being forced to pay to see our default characters and, that's what's wrong.

Paying for the boost isn't the problem, it's paying to see default that's the issue to me. I don't mind buying food, beverages or, the old scrolls, enchanting mats, etc... that's fine. What will not do is pay to see the character I created.

They deleted all my 30m scrolls and my 1h scrolls.

I had thousands.

What they didn't delete was 30 5 minute scrolls (untradeable).

Actually I'm wondering if they can legally do that... as the scrolls still exist in game, changing something I paid for... after I paid for it... into something else... fraud?

8 hours ago, Vlaskis-KT said:

Reducing the prices is a good start, since we cant craft these transformations right? so different from the old speed crolls you need to spent money on it, and thats totally bs

*snip*

You can craft them with luna. Both types. The transparent ones are even brokable, so you can make a good amount of kinah by getting them in your luna crafting and then making them.

6 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

Check my video, I got 0 ancient transforms out of 100

Yep, seems fair and balanced

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

You can craft them with luna. Both types. The transparent ones are even brokable, so you can make a good amount of kinah by getting them in your luna crafting and then making them.

luna is premium currency, i was talking about like we could with old scrolls

8 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

I liked it better then.

They deleted all my 30m scrolls and my 1h scrolls.

I had thousands.

What they didn't delete was 30 5 minute scrolls (untradeable).

Actually I'm wondering if they can legally do that... as the scrolls still exist in game, changing something I paid for... after I paid for it... into something else... fraud?

Yes they can, it's digital content not a real tangible item so, it falls under the same right for them to change it as altering the game content and performance with updates. I bought Aion when it was pay to play, pay to own the game and, boy have they ever changed it since then, they replaced what I bout with something else but, that's in the End User License Agreement AKA Terms Of Service that we agreed to to be allowed to play at all.

12 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't play PvP yet cuz I'm at a low lvl & still learning to gain the experience to be proficient in PvP.

Archived