Weekly Server Maintenance - November 21, 2018

Cyan

4 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

You are discusing with the devs since I have memory :P 

You know that we do not trust so much in the devs. Most of that team do not even know how to play Aion and whats is usefull. And a lot of players has no more patience. I know that you are trying your best (Actually it seems that you are the only one), but people here will need more than promises

I think the development team Cyan is talking about are in Korea and they probably do play their game.

What should be happening (and what Cyan is alluding to) is that the NCWest team communicates the complaints and suggestions from the forums to Korea. Hopefully Korea looks them over and doesn't just give NCWest a blanket "no" on all of them. If a change can be made without destroying the Korean dev's game design, Korea would then script it and send it to NCWest. For example, NCWest could say, "Our players hate the transform system. They want running scrolls back." And the devs would say, "No. Getting rid of the transform system would go against our game design so we aren't going to change that for you." Or NCWest could say, "Our players are having a tough time making kinah. Could we have the on-character shop give 5x the kinah for everything sold?" And Korea could say, "It is supposed to be hard to get kinah in this patch, but we understand the issue your players are having. How about we raise that kinah by 2x?" 

All NCWest can do is promise to -ask-. Korea is going to make the ultimate decision.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spirithq-KT said:

i have one simple question to NCSoft - How new fresh kinah are going to players, ways?

because there are no quests that give kinah (after you became 80 lvl), Arena give 100k kinah if you win, Luna bundle of kinah, other ways for fresh kinah?

Maybe... saving up kinah? I leveled up a character all the way to level 80 with no kinah or item aid from any of my characters. I got there with plenty of kinah.

16 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

NCsterious....... 

Uhm some of the ppl on EK server are more geared then other servers... We've seen quit a few full Ultimate Players, and tons of Legendary +15 players from EK. You guys must have like amazing RNG on that server compared to the rest of us...

EDIT: Also come on, you guys CHOSE to start from scratch, you should expect to be a bit behind those that stayed and played for years and prepped for the new patch... Just saying

the point is, we want a way to be competitive, we don't want to be an easy way for people from other servers to continue improving their gear, while we are practically unable to improve our ... It's not hard to understand what I'm talking about, since we are forced to face players from other servers, and almost 90% of time, we can't compete as equals. I virtue of this, we almost always lose the possibility of fighting for enchants. no enchant, no progress.

@Cyan ncsoft needs to do something about it, time is running out and a lot of people have already left the game again at EK.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I think the development team Cyan is talking about are in Korea and they probably do play their game.

All NCWest can do is promise to -ask-. Korea is going to make the ultimate decision.

Oh. come on Aly!

you are a player. you really like this game and you know a lot. 

Please take into consideration what you saw in the last years. Crafting recipes from 4.X and 5.X, PvP %s increasing with enchants (even more than 100% was possible),maps, quest, instances, if you sell a white item now you can buy 2 potions or you can teleport. What about SW gloves without attack speed many times?. Luna´s mounts that last 5 days.... Please. Really, as a real player think about numbers, rates, proportions. Do you think that a player like you, with all your experience and practice here, would pick the same numbers? same rates? same decitions? Do you believe that Aion in the last years were developed by people like you, or me or many others here? 

I do not think they really play the game. Not in NA, not in Korea. A lot of things looks like just quick settings. 

And NCSoft is just focusing in Korea. They are not so concerned about what happens in the west. Yet, they are failing so hard with many games even in Korea. Maybe the main focus for them now are just mobile games

@Annay-DN summed up like everything I wanted to say.

@Bryos-DN I think what @Spirithq-KT meant was how kinah is being newly generated into the game at an amount more than current kinah sinks not a question of how to get kinah which can be a simple answer of saving up or through broker.

@Yortus-KT I believe 20m is quite a substantial amount for a fresh level 80 character.

@LophT-DN If you group queue from ek server at the right time u might get pugs on the other side most of the time of which half might be afk.

people didn't have to stay for years getting ready to get equipped to 6.0. ncsoft did a lot of events rewarding the players who remained active in the last month of the aion 5.8.

ncsoft practically distributed omegas, temperings and minions; not to mention the event where people failed the stigmas and didn't lose the same ...

:P

1 minute ago, LophT-DN said:

the point is, we want a way to be competitive, we do not want to be an easy way for people from other servers to continue improving their gear, while we are practically unable to improve our ... It's not hard to understand what I'm talking about, since we are forced to face players from other servers, and almost 90% of the time, we can not compete as equals. I virtue of this, we almost always lose the possibility of fighting for enchants. no enchant, no progress.

I have run into some very competitive EK groups. Not sure what they are doing that you are not, but maybe you could ask around.

And again.. you chose to start on a new server. You had to know that that would put you "behind". There is that word "forced" again. The game is designed to match groups of opposite factions in PvP instances. If you had to wait for groups only from your own server, you would be waiting forever and would not get your runs before the window closed. You were well aware of the game design. You chose to roll fresh on a new server. No one forced you to make that decision. There was no force.

"As equals". The game isn't designed that way. Should they handicap people with skill because they are "forced" to deal with people without any? Should they take away gear from those that worked for it (either in this patch or the last) just because they are forced to deal with people that don't have any? If you don't have gear. If you don't have skill. If you don't have resources. You will progress slower. That's a fact and part of the game. This "equals" bs is just as annoying as the "forced" crap that gets tossed around.

Just now, Shirayuki-DN said:

@Bryos-DN I think what @Spirithq-KT meant was how kinah is being newly generated into the game at an amount more than current kinah sinks not a question of how to get kinah which can be a simple answer of saving up or through broker.

@Yortus-KT I believe 20m is quite a substantial amount for a fresh level 80 character.

@LophT-DN If you group queue from ek server at the right time u might get pugs on the other side most of the time of which half might be afk.

is not everyone who can afford to wait to make pvp events buddy, people have different occupations out of the game.

@LophT-DN Well I don't know about you, but i'm playing from asia, if anything I should be the one who can't afford to wait to make pvp events because i'm cucked by timezone. If i'm not wrong for NA you guys have the 6 hour timeslot at night for these pvp events right? Also pvp currently is (A) you win (B) you lose (C) 10% of the time you get an even fight. Throw competitiveness out the window for now. This a mmo anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Oh. come on Aly!

you are a player. you really like this game and you know a lot. 

Please take into consideration what you saw in the last years. Crafting recipes from 4.X and 5.X, PvP %s increasing with enchants (even more than 100% was possible),maps, quest, instances, if you sell a white item now you can buy 2 potions or you can teleport. What about SW gloves without attack speed many times?. Luna´s mounts that last 5 days.... Please. Really, as a real player think about numbers, rates, proportions. Do you think that a player like you, with all your experience and practice here, would pick the same numbers? same rates? same decitions? Do you believe that Aion in the last years were developed by people like you, or me or many others here? 

I do not think they really play the game. Not in NA, not in Korea. A lot of things looks like just quick settings. 

And NCSoft is just focusing in Korea. They are not so concerned about what happens in the west. Yet, they are failing so hard with many games even in Korea. Maybe the main focus for them now are just mobile games

No. Of course not. I would want a game that was far more "Westernized". 

This game was created in Korea for a Korean audience. Do I wish that were different? Absolutely. Do I think it will ever change? No. We just don't make the company enough money for that to happen.

You are totally right. I have been around a long long time in Aion. My head is stuffed with odd Aion trivia. I have seen the NA servers get custom changes and those small victories have always meant a lot. But there have been far more times that we have clamored for change and had nothing happen. Maybe that's because our concerns were never actually sent on to Korea. Or more likely, Korea just said no. Sometimes the things that bug the Western MMO player just don't seem to bother the Korea player base.

And you might just be correct. That all their PC MMOs are just a way to pay for the start up of their much more profitable mobile games so they really don't care.

I don't know.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

I have run into some very competitive EK groups. Not sure what they are doing that you are not, but maybe you could ask around.

And again.. you chose to start on a new server. You had to know that that would put you "behind". There is that word "forced" again. The game is designed to match groups of opposite factions in PvP instances. If you had to wait for groups only from your own server, you would be waiting forever and would not get your runs before the window closed. You were well aware of the game design. You chose to roll fresh on a new server. No one forced you to make that decision. There was no force.

"As equals". The game isn't designed that way. Should they handicap people with skill because they are "forced" to deal with people without any? Should they take away gear from those that worked for it (either in this patch or the last) just because they are forced to deal with people that don't have any? If you don't have gear. If you don't have skill. If you don't have resources. You will progress slower. That's a fact and part of the game. This "equals" bs is just as annoying as the "forced" crap that gets tossed around.

it's easy to think like this when you enter an instantiated pvp against EK people and think "wow, win without effort" :)

"@LophT-DN If you group queue from ek server at the right time u might get pugs on the other side most of the time of which half might be afk. "

he's right in saying, when you play in EK you have to pray to fight against a pug or afk group :)

"Should they take away gear from those that worked for it (either in this patch or the last)"

working hard doing Fire Temple and more.

ncsoft fedou you(and old server players), what reason you have to want changes, none I believe :P

it's easier to face groups that can't fight equals, it's not about player skills dude, it's about gear ^^

2 minutes ago, LophT-DN said:

it's easy to think like this when you enter an instantiated pvp against EK people and think "wow, win without effort" :)

"@LophT-DN If you group queue from ek server at the right time u might get pugs on the other side most of the time of which half might be afk. "

he's right in saying, when you play in EK you have to pray to fight against a pug or afk group :)

"Should they take away gear from those that worked for it (either in this patch or the last)"

working hard doing Fire Temple and more.

ncsoft fedou you(and old server players), what reason you have to want changes, none I believe :P

it's easier to face groups that can't fight equals, it's not about player skills dude, it's about gear ^^

The salt is real.

Enjoy that.

Just now, Shirayuki-DN said:

@LophT-DN Well I don't know about you, but i'm playing from asia, if anything I should be the one who can't afford to wait to make pvp events because i'm cucked by timezone. If i'm not wrong for NA you guys have the 6 hour timeslot at night for these pvp events right? Also pvp currently is (A) you win (B) you lose (C) 10% of the time you get an even fight. Throw competitiveness out the window for now. This a mmo anyway. 

i'm not from US too xD

sieges starts 1:00 a.m. to me most of time

11 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Then I dont understand the purpose of that question, because that is not true unless you have billions of kinah, like myself, and dont mind spending some of that away, just because you can. All that can be solved by just knowing when to spend and when to save.

I also have little clue of what new players have to do with it, because thats what my reply was aiming for.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

The salt is real.

Enjoy that.

as I said, we just want a way to make the pvps instantiated in a competitive way, this is not a problem that I, or you can solve, it is up to the company, both that the message was addressed to a company gm or cm, dunno :)

18 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Have to say I agree. The first week or two of 6.2, whenever we entered IDL or Dredge and got an EK premade, we just laughed at our assured victory. We had one EK premade that had 2 clerics and we had 0 (just me, a chanter) and we wrecked them. Fast forward two more weeks and they're actually putting up quite a fight now. Tbh, they're catching up faster than I thought they would.

1 minute ago, LophT-DN said:

as I said, we just want a way to make the pvps instantiated in a competitive way, this is not a problem that I, or you can solve, it is up to the company, both that the message was addressed to a company official :)

You want your cake and to eat it, too. You want things easy because you made the decision to start over. You want what people who have put years into this game and you want it -now-. You hide it behind words like "forced" and "equal" because everyone knows that force is bad and equality is good.

You want a private word with the company? PM Cyan. You post here and you open yourself up to other players seeing right through you.

Other players on EK have managed to gear themselves up sufficiently to beat many pre-made groups from KT and DN. Not sure what they did that you aren't. (Probably spent less time weeping.) But maybe you could ask them.

I think we are facing hard times in the game. IMO, for us, the players, is not a good idea to fight each other in this way. Of course we all have different opinions about what is right and what is not. But I imagine that nobody here is really satisfied with 6.2. I, miself slowed down those internal wars cause I do not find them usefull right now. 

lets see:

of course that people from EK are facing a lot of issues related with gear when they have to go cross server. Probably some of them found a way to get gear faster. Maybe some of them want to make a guide for the other players about that. And on the other hand, I think that is normal. EK has only 1 month there. A lot of people wanted a fresh start (why? they probably have reassons for that). IMO 1 month is so few time to get something nice. Players from DN and KT have a lot of gear, kinah and items from before. I even found my old boots and shield in some way usefull for PvP. We have some oldies, and in EK you do not. It is not supposed that we can get endgame gear in just 1 month. The game could be so boring and short in that way. 

what about avoiding mixing players from all the servers? well, probably the biggest issue about that is the amount of players wanting to do an instance at the same moment in each server. I can imagine that our waiting times can be much bigger if we can only play with people from our server. We had to chose between being able to play something without waiting 30-40 mins or having a similar enemy team on the oposite side. Actually NCwest tried some options for this and none of them worked totally fine. 

The game came here in the eastern shape. Not sure if even koreans like how it is now. And as some people here said, it is really hard to get changes just for us. We can only have hopes with small things like rates or bugs or minor settings. It is pointless to ask Cyan about changes in the maps, instances, trasnformations or other big things. I guess Cyan is reading what we say. But in some point over him, the messages are lost. They never reach somebody with power. Or maybe they do, but that people just do not care. Actually I can imagine that is becoming so frustrating for Cyan what he have to do and what he can do. He probably hates many of us and is thinking "why I did not take that other job when I had the chance?"

Just now, Aly-DN said:

You want your cake and to eat it, too. You want things easy because you made the decision to start over. You want what people who have put years into this game and you want it -now-. You hide it behind words like "forced" and "equal" because everyone knows that force is bad and equality is good.

You want a private word with the company? PM Cyan. You post here and you open yourself up to other players seeing right through you.

Other players on EK have managed to gear themselves up sufficiently to beat many pre-made groups from KT and DN. Not sure what they did that you aren't. (Probably spent less time weeping.) But maybe you could ask them.

forum serves as a channel of communication with the company, as well as tickets and private messages. You can comment on all messages, no one is censoring you here, just making it clear that the message has been addressed to someone who might be able to carry it along ^^

Ibought my acc in 2009, $99,00, azphel time, i was in elyos-DN in 5.8, I saw and i did the events, I'm aware of everything that was given to players who were not inactive and really, one thing you're right, I chose to play on the new server with my friends.

being strong inside the server, even with items +10 ancient and a legendary weapon is just the starting point to state that among servers is still very uneven.

A hug and have a great afternoon :)

Just now, Azzmaria-KT said:

I think we are facing hard times in the game. IMO, for us, the players, is not a good idea to fight each other in this way. Of course we all have different opinions about what is right and what is not. But I imagine that nobody here is really satisfied with 6.2. I, miself slowed down those internal wars cause I do not find them usefull right now. 

lets see:

of course that people from EK are facing a lot of issues related with gear when they have to go cross server. Probably some of them found a way to get gear faster. Maybe some of them want to make a guide for the other players about that. And on the other hand, I think that is normal. EK has only 1 month there. A lot of people wanted a fresh start (why? they probably have reassons for that). IMO 1 month is so few time to get something nice. Players from DN and KT have a lot of gear, kinah and items from before. I even found my old boots and shield in some way usefull for PvP. We have some oldies, and in EK you do not. It is not supposed that we can get endgame gear in just 1 month. The game could be so boring and short in that way. 

what about avoiding mixing players from all the servers? well, probably the biggest issue about that is the amount of players wanting to do an instance at the same moment in each server. I can imagine that our waiting times can be much bigger if we can only play with people from our server. We had to chose between being able to play something without waiting 30-40 mins or having a similar enemy team on the oposite side. Actually NCwest tried some options for this and none of them worked totally fine. 

The game came here in the eastern shape. Not sure if even koreans like how it is now. And as some people here said, it is really hard to get changes just for us. We can only have hopes with small things like rates or bugs or minor settings. It is pointless to ask Cyan about changes in the maps, instances, trasnformations or other big things. I guess Cyan is reading what we say. But in some point over him, the messages are lost. They never reach somebody with power. Or maybe they do, but that people just do not care. Actually I can imagine that is becoming so frustrating for Cyan what he have to do and what he can do. He probably hates many of us and is thinking "why I did not take that other job when I had the chance?"

agree.

It's often complicated to have your hands tied ^^

I'm not talking about a lie, the events of the thin version 5.8 gave a lot of resources to the players that stayed active, as I said, I even took a lot of these resources in danaria, stigmas +9, kinah, many enchants, many temperings, etc.

Unfortunately, when you catch someone playing a fresh server and put face-to-face with a legacy server, the difference is huge, since the best way to get enchants is in instantiated pvps. we can no longer enchant gear pvp with enchants dropped in the dungeons, this generated a certain balance years ago when they launched the kharun, the beritra, etc. ^^

Archived