NCwest and aion 6.2 has killed a beautiful game

RobinGod-DN

Eng:
NCwest and aion 6.2 has killed a beautiful game. They have done as blizzard and their DI for mobile. they have not attended to the community, they do not give priority to the comments of their most loyal followers. the forum of aion is negative. It's been 1 month since the update, apparently only transformed the 6.2 to 90% P2W. I've been uninstalling the game for 1 week. and I just visit the forum and see if things have changed. but everything is the same or worse. I remember that in 4.5 it was characterized by sieges in flight mode. Now even that has been eliminated. I just have to say goodbye to a beautiful game. and welcome another. as for example maplestory2 or league of leguend, even to minecraft. Good luck. and I hope that, as happened to me, do not continue to renounce more people to the game for not paying attention to your audience. Goodbye. By DemonsLord, Aethertech, EK

Sorry my Google Translator. :/

Esp:

NCwest y aion 6.2 ha matado un hermoso juego. han hecho como blizzard y su DI para móvil. no han atendido a la comunidad, no dan prioridad a los comentarios de sus más fieles seguidores. el foro de aion es negativo.

ya ha pasado 1 mes desde la actualización, al parecer solo transformaron el 6.2 en un 90% P2W.

llevo 1 semana que desinstalé el juego. y solo visito el foro y verificar si las cosas han cambiado. pero todo sigue igual o peor.

Recuerdo que en la 4.5 se caracterizaba por los asedios en modo de vuelo. ahora hasta eso han eliminado.

solo me queda despedirme de un hermoso juego. y darle la bienvenida a otro. como por ejemplo maplestory2 o league of leguend, incluso a minecraft.

Mucha suerte. y espero que, así como me paso a mí, no sigan renunciando más personas al juego por no prestar atención a su público.

Adios. By DemonsLord, Aethertech, EK.

How many more threads do we have to get like this jfc. I get that you're unhappy with the patch and that's fine/understandable, but ffs there are already DOZENS of threads about this. Stop being a special snowflake and making your own thread for shit that has been rehashed way too much already.

19 hours ago, Tohur-EK said:

Its not NCwest that makes these decisions but NC Korea. we get what Korea decides is best for us with a little input from NCwest. all NCwest does is translate the game and maintain the servers. you people put the blame on the wrong people

That's what they want you to believe.

It's very easy to say "blame the faceless bogeyman", in reality a branch would have significant control over how they run their operations. Most businesses are like this, local branch deals with local matters and only consults HQ if the policies affect more than the locale. Notice how transparent scrolls can be bought with kinah but are paid for here? Notice how they can set enchanting rates and prevent gear destruction? Notice how they can set drop rates? NCwest has a lot of control, it's absurd to believe otherwise. They simply opt to not do a thing in hopes that players don't make this connection and blame the actual parties in question. Why the hell would a branch need a CEO otherwise?

What I think you are missing, @Delessa-DN, is that any changes to our client have to be approved and coded by Korea. Even fixes are coded in Korea.

As an example.. our player base despises the transformation system and want scrolls brought back into the game. So let's say that the NA player base actually works as one and stops buying from the BCM. At all. No revenue. So NCWest goes to Korea and says, "We are taking a huge hit in sales for Aion. They hate the transformation system and will not play with it and more importantly, will not PAY with it on. Can we go back to scrolls?" Korea is going to say no. Why? Because it's the game design. It would destroy the game design to revert back to scrolls. The transform system is an integral part of their gaming theory. Korea and NCWest might try to ease us into the new system by putting in an event that handed out ancient contracts. (Which they did!) But the system is here to stay.

Another example.. our player base wants enchants to be easier. So NCWest goes to Korea and says, "Our players are really upset at the fail rate of enchants. Can we bump it up?" Korea will say that it shouldn't be easy to enchant. If it is, then players reach max gear too quickly and get bored and will quit. NCWest points out that enchanting is too hard right now and out of frustration, people are quitting and sales are down. So Korea agrees to nudge enchanting just a touch at lower levels. Maybe making it easier to get to 10, while making it still difficult to get to 15.

NCWest isn't changing drop rates, though. When we have an event that boosts drop rates, notice that we either have to pick up a buff or one is set on the whole server. Korea coded that buff. NCWest chooses when they want to give it to us. Theoretically, NCWest could put that on us all perma, but then it would hardly be something special. The same with the buff that prevented gear destruction. Had NCWest asked if they could have put that anti-destruction buff on us perma, Korea would have shut them down because the exploding gear was an integral part of the game design of that patch. (A failed one, since it was removed when the game changed.)

On 21/11/2018 at 9:38, Tohur-EK said:

Its not NCwest that makes these decisions but NC Korea. we get what Korea decides is best for us with a little input from NCwest. all NCwest does is translate the game and maintain the servers. you people put the blame on the wrong people

When they say "THIS IS FROM NCSOFT KOREA". We have Aion GameForge and Aion NA. They are the same game with different method. For example, Aion GF, the coffer of MS gives 500k of Kinah. In contrast, Aion NA only gives 2-4k from Kinah, does this come from NC Soft Korea? Do not be foolish enough not to realize that the game has been annihilated just to fill the pockets of NCwest, or not? Aion GF gives 2 Scrolls of transformation per week on their website. Aion NA you have to pay to win. Does this also come from NC Soft Korea? The above comments do not investigate. And they live on illusions.

https://imgur.com/a/66b487q

On 11/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, Tohur-EK said:

You are wrong my friend. NCSoft KR do not control everything. Every publisher has some degree of freedom, and this was explained on EU at some point . Yes they can't change major things, the main content, as in Transformation system, Skills, Maps, Main instances etc. They do have however some control on: Drop rates, Enchantment rates, Luna shop, BCM, Gold sand trader, Drops from instances etc. KR controls the content, or most of it, but it's every publisher decision, how they promote the game, what offers they make to players, to increase the revenues according to each region. KR doesn't care about NA and EU, never did, and never will. they make the game/patches give them to publishers and that's about it. 

Let me give you an example, Aion was very successful in KR. 6.2 as a patch as it was released in KR was a very nice patch, good prices on BCM, nice drop rates, decent enchantment rates, gold sand trader had nice items with decent kinah price, balanced with the new in game kinah availability. On NA and EU BCM prices are exaggerated, Gold sand trader has Ridiculous prices for some of the items there (see shards), EU has awful drop rates (thank god NA kept similar drop rates as KR) and so many other differences.
Why would KR release a different version in EU and NA, since the version released in KR was well received, and most importantly, since EU and NA players were very hyped and thrilled about KR 6.2 patch?

@Aly-DN

You're assuming all sorts of things that flies in the face of how a company would logically operate. If a company operated as you think NCsoft does, the bureaucracy would be such that it would put our own government to shame and they'd be bankrupt. In previous companies I've worked with never were local branch decisions routed to HQ UNLESS it was a policy that involved more than that one branch. That's why you had to phone HQ to let them know and let them decide. NCWest blaming South Korea is simply a bogeyman that anyone who's worked in an international company can say is pure and utter hogwash. It does deceive ignorant players though. Unless NCsoft runs a radically different system than any company known, I stand by my statement that NCWest has significant authority to adjust the game as they see fit. It's not Korea's fault, it's theirs.

• It's their fault to pull transparent transforms from kinah store; notice they put a transparent pack on the ingot store for once a week? That could be unlimited and in the kinah store like it is in other regions.
  • It's their fault to not increase enchanting rates; previous enchanting events have demonstrated that they can change the rates at will
  • It's their fault entirely to even give compensation gear to begin with which is the primary driving factor behind these complaints - they didn't have to do it.
  • It's their fault that you cannot buy legendary PVP stones on BCM like Korea can. This is what's causing the imbalance as well as even people who can spend and are willing to pay to catch up cannot. As such, compensated players keep their god mode. This is like the "twink" situation all over again only this time with the express blessing and support of the managing company.

You can stop the white knight actions on a company that doesn't even pay you to do it.

20 hours ago, RobinGod-DN said:

When they say "THIS IS FROM NCSOFT KOREA". We have Aion GameForge and Aion NA. They are the same game with different method. For example, Aion GF, the coffer of MS gives 500k of Kinah. In contrast, Aion NA only gives 2-4k from Kinah, does this come from NC Soft Korea? Do not be foolish enough not to realize that the game has been annihilated just to fill the pockets of NCwest, or not? Aion GF gives 2 Scrolls of transformation per week on their website. Aion NA you have to pay to win. Does this also come from NC Soft Korea? The above comments do not investigate. And they live on illusions.

https://imgur.com/a/66b487q

We get contracts from all instances with a 50% probability of drop (including Mirash) while EU doesn't have that. They get the 2 contracts per week, but I managed to get around 14 just from running instances.

The issue sparks when you try to compare two different publishers expecting the same result.

On 11/21/2018 at 6:18 AM, RobinGod-DN said:

Eng:
NCwest and aion 6.2 has killed a beautiful game. They have done as blizzard and their DI for mobile. they have not attended to the community, they do not give priority to the comments of their most loyal followers. the forum of aion is negative. It's been 1 month since the update, apparently only transformed the 6.2 to 90% P2W. I've been uninstalling the game for 1 week. and I just visit the forum and see if things have changed. but everything is the same or worse. I remember that in 4.5 it was characterized by sieges in flight mode. Now even that has been eliminated. I just have to say goodbye to a beautiful game. and welcome another. as for example maplestory2 or league of leguend, even to minecraft. Good luck. and I hope that, as happened to me, do not continue to renounce more people to the game for not paying attention to your audience. Goodbye. By DemonsLord, Aethertech, EK

Esp:

While I know its not all NCWest's fault for what has happened to my favorite game for I place the blame equally. Aion had a very good story which is now gone along with many of our maps we enjoyed exploring. However I won't re-hash other replies and posts I've made on this subject by stating them all over again.

I will only state that my time on Aion consists of logging in, then fluttering around Dragonrest for a lil bit. Drop down and kill something, take off and flutter some more, then go shop some on the exchange, until I get bored which usually happens in about an hour, then I log off until I get an itch to fly around Dragonrest again which usually is about three days and I'll repeat the process.

When you consider I used to spend all day on Aion (when I had the time of course) and was always excited for the next time I could get lost in the game, compared to what I do now its just a shame.

I'm holding out for more content and maps hopefully to be added later on but with things as they are it may be a long time coming. 

Simple solution.   Don;t buy their crap on the BCM and don't log into the game.   Voting with your wallets and time is the best way to bring attention to the fiasco of 6.2.  For me. I have not uninstalled yet in hopes they see the error of their ways but will stay out of the game for now and if nothing changes then it will no longer be on my rig and I will say good bye and so long.   Have been here off and on since Beta, was given the key by NC West after they shuttered Tabula Rasa, yet will have no qualms about walking away since all the effort and work put into that years of playing were pretty much wiped out with the new release.   Now it is but a shell of its former self.   Though I wish I could give away all of my stuff, alas, they have taken this away from us as well.

And here is another egocentric guy who really believe on his mind that as he is not playing anymore, the game is dead... again.... honey please..... YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT, not even in your home, even less up here... so stop trying to make "aion death" happen....

Its-Not-Going-to-Happen-Mean-Girls.gif

Specially, not because of you people....

On 22/11/2018 at 7:38 PM, Mirelium-KT said:

You are wrong my friend. NCSoft KR do not control everything. Every publisher has some degree of freedom, and this was explained on EU at some point .

No, sir. this is NCsoft NA. same as NCsoft in korea. the only one that can customize the game as private server is Gameforge cuz they only are external publisher. NCsoft west is the real nc soft for us. but under the same company. ex: coca cola company in USA and coca cola company in KR. and gameforge is like a walmart that only sell the product in a rlly fail way to other EU ppl. that's why Aion EU is a nierk. 

Archived