Jump to content
Ele-DN

Fighting fragments

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

**You're

The welcome is all yours. 

---

I believe, by winning siege via losing siege @HealingSquid-KT means people flying into fort and killing guards for GP and then dipping, so they can do it again next attacking siege. But that's way off-topic. On topic, sure, it would be cool to get some frags for lost quick queued IB, but then again, that would lessen the chance to get active and experienced random group members, as they would just AFK for lesser but guaranteed loser fragments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both the siege buff and the rewards for losers in pvp instances are a necessity on Aion, not a whim.

Aion is not, never was and never will be a competitive game, its a permanent farming game, where you NEED to progress each day, otherwise your situatio in the competitive aspects gets worse and worse each day, which encourage people to give up on those aspects of the game or even quit. What I mean is, even if you are not in the mood for siege, or do not have the patience to deal with randoms in IB or something, you still need to go there and do something, even if its the minimum action for the reward, because otherwise you are being left behind in a race.

As far as the argument over encouraging afk by giving fragments, afkers already do afk for the current rewards, and people who set themselves against their alts to avoid real teams already do that. If the game had no rewards for losers and no one was afking, then you would have an argument, but the way things are, the rewards are good enough to encourage pure afking.

And in this case, the reward they are giving for the winners is too good. 20 frags its the equivalent of around 500 GC. 500GC is quite a big ammount, so they must give at least something to the losers.

Edited by Matsukamy-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

And in this case, the reward they are giving for the winners is too good. 20 frags its the equivalent of around 500 GC. 500GC is quite a big ammount, so they must give at least something to the losers.

They will listen to you and nerf the rewards. Is that what you want? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Afterglow-KT said:

They will listen to you and nerf the rewards. Is that what you want? 

If they listen to me, they will not nerf the rewards, because its not what Im suggesting. If they do not listen to me, they will nerf the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fragments for losers ==>  Fragments become Account tradable in 7.2 ==> AFK alts Mega Fest begins ==> instance PvP finally dies for good ==> Me watching more Hentai Anime while my alts afk ==> GG everybody is happy now

Edited by DevilNest-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HealingSquid-KT comparing siege loss rewards to IB loss rewards is comparing apples to apples, but comparing IB loss rewards to the siege buff, which was a necessary system to prevent israphel server from collapsing due to sheer imbalance in 2009+, isn't.

As I said last time, without the buff neither lesser faction on either server won a single siege in the first month of 6.2 and that's exactly how it would have stayed, like early Israphel, forever. I guess I'm just more surprised at the notion that siege is "ruined" by the buff, as you said earlier :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Fragments for losers ==>  Fragments become Account tradable in 7.2 ==> AFK alts Mega Fest begins ==> instance PvP finally dies for good ==> Me watching more Hentai Anime while my alts afk ==> GG everybody is happy now

I was not aware that fragments become tradeable in 7.2.

That indeed changes things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Both the siege buff and the rewards for losers in pvp instances are a necessity on Aion, not a whim.

Aion is not, never was and never will be a competitive game, its a permanent farming game, where you NEED to progress each day, otherwise your situatio in the competitive aspects gets worse and worse each day, which encourage people to give up on those aspects of the game or even quit.

...and this is exactly what Aion does in every part of it when gear, classes and numbers matter. Losing in everything still gives you rewards. IB though doesn't require anything other than 3 people to get in and play it, and of course you still get some rewards for losing, just not the fragments.

 

On 10/30/2019 at 1:10 AM, Ele-DN said:

So, put effort in to something and still lose is still considering afking.

Thats your problem for quick queuing and playing right?

Ele nothing will ever explain to you how the game works because inside your brain you persuaded yourself that your way is the only way.

I remember you are the person that argued that when 2 groups in the Daeva Dash event BOTH afk, they should both get losing rewards because you kept afking and the enemy group got winning rewards because unlike you, they bothered to go at the first fence and get some points while you were absolutely afk. We tried to explain to you who the instance worked with accumulating points but you kept twisting people's words and interpret whatever you were told into your own (non)logic.

Losing in instances you always get the losing rewards, spirit fragments are to the winner rewards. ID requires gear, right classes and coordination so as I said in my prevbious comment, I wouldn't argue against "some" spirit fragments to the losers as well (like 5 or something), on the other hand IB requires nothing to win other than coordinate and play the instance better than the enemies, if you cannot win on IB then you need to learn the game.

You literally get stuck into a word and then you overuse this world while twisting what other people tell you. This is how the instances work, take a seat or better take several seats and take notes:

  • Fact 1: Getting in quick queue -> statistically <- can make you lose more often due to potential empty slots of people that didn't get in or people entering and being afk, or people entering while being under-geared, or people entering and still don't know how to do team job.
  • Fact 2: Getting into any instance with a premade you have better chances to win because you know your team, the classes and you already know their gear by checking and asking them.
  • Fact 3: Getting into a premade doesn't mean anything, whatever fact 1 listed, can still apply to your premade group if everyone is retarded or you don't know how to form a premade properly.
  • Fact 4: Getting in and winning gives you winning rewards, when you lose you get losing rewards, and this leads us to fact 5...
  • Fact 5: Losing rewards are ALWAYS worse than winning rewards. You want to get something that the winning rewards give... then win!

 

On 10/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, Ele-DN said:

Actually no, I was following the logic of what people are telling me. Make a premade group because it takes much more work than quick queue and deserves fragments for doing so. I had 3 empty arenas yesterday all b2b, 45 mins of afking for? 

Did anyone tell you that if you make a premade you deserve fragments? Quote the person please. Because if someone said so, then I give my bet that iti s you with another account trying to give credit to your logic.

You had 3 empty arenas because people dodge fights to take advantage of not having to fight and lose points. This is a totally different subject here.
The arena dodging could easily be fixed by a ton of suggestions we made in the forums.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

..and this is exactly what Aion does in every part of it that gear, classes and numbers matter. Losing in everythign still gives you rewards. EXCEPT IB that nothing matters except the fact you can play the thing. You still get some rewards for losing, just not the fragments.


 

Except that what you said is incorrect, its not just IB, and its obvious that to the developers here, its not related to this instance in particular, but its about the fragments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
47 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:
  • Fact 5: Losing rewards are ALWAYS worse than winning rewards. You want to get something that the winning rewards give... then win!

Say what?

 

10-21-19_12-08-34-AM.png

10-16-19_09-23-58-PM.png

You get better rewards for losing.. so  give up early then right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Say what?

 

10-21-19_12-08-34-AM.png

10-16-19_09-23-58-PM.png

You get better rewards for losing.. so  give up early then right?

 

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Fact 5: Losing rewards are ALWAYS worse than winning rewards. You want to get something that the winning rewards give... then win!

OK you are either not good at English or you are slow, the losing rewards are always worse than the winning ones, I never thought I had to mention this and I only mentioned this as sarcasm and god forbid if I ever had to repeat this sentence for someone to understand, which I JUST HAD TO DO.

Are you really that slow?

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
11 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

 

OK you are either not good at English or you are slow, the losing rewards are always worse than the winning ones, I never thought I had to mention this and I only mentioned this as sarcasm and god forbid if I ever had to repeat this sentence for someone to understand, which I JUST HAD TO DO.

Are you really that slow?

Where am I question that? Yet a tie game with near ending game score gets WORSE reward than loser reward. 

 

Also theres so many things wrong with the full post you posted.

Edited by Ele-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ele-DN:

You must just enjoy typing. I just read through this entire thread and felt like banging my head against the wall. You post the same thing over and over just worded differently.

Come on, after all this just agree to disagree and give it a rest because you obviously do not listen when ppl with experience try and point things out to you or, voice an opinion you do not agree with.

Your giving me a migraine!

 

Edited by Aieryn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

@Ele-DN:

You must just enjoy typing. I just read through this entire thread and felt like banging my head against the wall. You post the same thing over and over just worded differently.

Come on, after all this just agree to disagree and give it a rest because you obviously do not listen when ppl with experience try and point things out to you or, voice an opinion you do not agree with.

Your giving me a migraine!

 

In short:

XwXyW16.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

In short:

XwXyW16.jpg

"losing doesn't give you anything worth the time being there" 

 

Fixed for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

"losing doesn't give you anything worth the time being there"

Fixed for you

...then don't lose!

There I fixed it for you.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
5 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

"losing doesn't give you anything worth the time being there" 

 

Fixed for you

If the losing rewards are so repugnant to you, then don't even try because you will lose sometimes. (Or all the time, in some cases.)

Apparently you want a game, Ele, that gives you everything all at once just for breathing air. Aion isn't that game. In fact, I don't know a single game that does that.

Good luck in your search, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

If the losing rewards are so repugnant to you, then don't even try because you will lose sometimes. (Or all the time, in some cases.)

Apparently you want a game, Ele, that gives you everything all at once just for breathing air. Aion isn't that game. In fact, I don't know a single game that does that.

Good luck in your search, though.

But if you remember correctly, we had a similar never-ending thread that she started back in Daeva Dash event because she was mad that when she would afk, the enemy team would get 6 keys while she would get 3 because the enemy team bothered to go to the 1st fence, and even if she also bothered, the enemies were faster than her so she still got the losing rewards. She argued that to get 6 keys you had to finish the race even though we kept explaining to her that the team that has most points is the one that "wins", because this is how THAT specific instance was made. And in every post she kept twisting what we said, added her own interpretation and her own logic of how it should have been more fair or something.

He plea here is that she wants to totally afk and still get every reward possible in the game. It sounds as if she has like 10000 alts and she begs to make sure they can all get geared or something just by afking.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But if you remember correctly, we had a similar never-ending thread that she started back in Daeva Dash event because she was mad that when she would afk, the enemy team would get 6 keys while she would get 3 because the enemy team bothered to go to the 1st fence, and even if she also bothered, the enemies were faster than her so she still got the losing rewards. She argued that to get 6 keys you had to finish the race even though we kept explaining to her that the team that has most points is the one that "wins", because this is how THAT specific instance was made. And in every post she kept twisting what we said, added her own interpretation and her own logic of how it should have been more fair or something.

He plea here is that she wants to totally afk and still get every reward possible in the game. It sounds as if she has like 10000 alts and she begs to make sure they can all get geared or something just by afking.

Ele has alwasy being like that, where he thinks that just because its him, he should have the best rewards just because, regardless of everything or everyone else. Although we have told im, or given advice on what he can or could do to improve, but now, his way is the only way and all of us are wrong.

Insanity-Einstein.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×