Leveling: 1->80 in one minute

Arhangelos

NCSoft Developers: We need to fight bots, lets destroy 90% of the game while trying to do this.
Also NC Developers: Level 1 to 80 now can be done in 1 minute.

xV2f1F3.jpg

... I am not even mad at this because if it is going to take you 1 day to make a level 1 to level 80 character, might a well have it level 80 already. And I am not mad because it really doesn't matter anymore whatever change they do.

BUT who is going to benefit from this?

1. A player that wants to make a char and play the char, who wouldn't even mind if it took him 1 week to make a level 80 character?
  2. Someone who wants to have a new char ready to farm right after creation (probably because his previous farming bot got banned)?

I can't even see how this would help players. Because making the level 80 char wasn't even the problem, it is the months or $$$ you need to throw to make your character play worthy.
On the other hand this literally helps farmers more. The Risiel set is given for free, which is literally farm perfect.

9 minutes ago, 5s268E08-DN said:

Not to mention that you can make as many level 80 characters as you want at the moment. 

Looks like NCSoft made an oopsiedaisy. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115a2cd330e80b725aad

This is true but do not worry players will get perma banned for their mistake.

4 hours ago, 5s268E08-DN said:

Not to mention that you can make as many level 80 characters as you want at the moment. 

Looks like NCSoft made an oopsiedaisy.

You mean you can make more than 12 characters in the account? If this is the case I'd stay away from it because they will either delete those extra ones or just ban those who did it. Stay alerted people.

The thing is we need a reply from @Cyan just so we know what to expect. The worst thing is them saying nothing about a "Feature" and then decide to ban everyone who fell into the trap.

For anyone who read this, just make sure you do not abuse it for more than 12 chars because you never know what the consequences will be. If they give an announcement it will be better.

It was functional prior to shutdown, I had a free 'prestige pack' left  over from the fall of EK server on event account(now dead with the changes tor tradeables). you still have a max 12 slots, had to delete a char to get the 'instant 80' and frankly... all you get is a level 80 character sittign at temple of wisdom, no gear, no stigmas no kinah and only quests open  are the campaignss to go to Demaha and the 'guide' quests for Windiel/Risel gear.   Don't even get the 3 little items in special cube that give you the free minions and contracts, only appear as a level 1 creation and frankly, only botters/truly lazy/hc p2w might bother with these because you start with so little and frankly total playtime non event time to level might be 14-15  hours total or so IE the 'casual' would likely do it 2 hours/night M-F and screw about most of saturday putzing aroundto get 80 and be better off.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If this is the case I'd stay away from it because they will either delete those extra ones or just ban those who did it. Stay alerted people.

+++++

Don't abuse it, people. You know what will happen.

On topic though, the only benefit I see from insta-level 80 is another Luna/event toon. At least that's how mine will be used.

2 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I did this but forgot you needed a prestige pack for 12...Now i have 11 characters. LOL

rofl.. aye, think the question was regarding

a) bot/gold spammers using this function

and b) going over the 12 

Why I used the 'fresh' prestige thing, thankfully the deleted was like level 1/created for the name reserve...

2 minutes ago, Hackett-KT said:

a) bot/gold spammers using this function

and b) going over the 12 

Unless it is account specific then no you can not go over 12 i know someone who had tried before reset.

Bot/Gold spammers is no different than those who will make 10 accounts worth of easy level 80's for events for faster progression/lazier kinah than luna spam.

indeed dera frand(had to..) but why the test account was nearly dead, most of the worthwhile event items got switched to account bound short any  XXXXgod weapon  or frigida gear boxes and the latter isn't that grand compared to Ultimate Pandora mark gear(higher +x pve stats on frigid vs raw higher base stats pandora and I compared during snowballs got few armor and 1 weapon box and had a chanter alt  in full panda)

we're getting off topic though.

Not off topic because players can take advantage of it just as much as bots can. You could sell the +10 snowballs...well at the very least the parts to combine to make a brilliant fragment. KT-E it was like 220m for both the fragment and white part. If someone had of collected the items on 8 accounts they could of sold all the parts and made 10s of billions.

1 hour ago, Hackett-KT said:

It was functional prior to shutdown, I had a free 'prestige pack' left  over from the fall of EK server on event account(now dead with the changes tor tradeables). you still have a max 12 slots, had to delete a char to get the 'instant 80' and frankly... all you get is a level 80 character sittign at temple of wisdom, no gear, no stigmas no kinah and only quests open  are the campaignss to go to Demaha and the 'guide' quests for Windiel/Risel gear.   Don't even get the 3 little items in special cube that give you the free minions and contracts, only appear as a level 1 creation and frankly, only botters/truly lazy/hc p2w might bother with these because you start with so little and frankly total playtime non event time to level might be 14-15  hours total or so IE the 'casual' would likely do it 2 hours/night M-F and screw about most of saturday putzing aroundto get 80 and be better off.

No stigmas and no kinah and no contracts? Yikes. You would think at least they would do is give the character base gear, stigmas, contracts and a little kinah. Pretty useless to anyone that is totally new. 

All this is going to do is make insta bots and another alt for people to use for snowballs.

16 hours ago, Cyan said:
  • Each account will be able to create 1 level 80 character on each server between now and maintenance on 2/26/2020.
    • To create your character, click the “Character Jump” button at the bottom of the character list on the character selection screen.
    • WARNING: Once used, the character jump cannot be refunded, reused or restored, even if the original jumped character is deleted.

CKQwJSq.jpg

This is our version. Hey NCWest, that string does not support HTML tags...

Once per account. Choose wisely. Same for the TW one a few weeks ago.

I just tested this and i could only make 1 character however i know 2 others that made an entire account worth before maintenance. Potential issue that has already been resolved. I doubt many players went through and done this pre-update.

10 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I just tested this and i could only make 1 character however i know 2 others that made an entire account worth before maintenance. Potential issue that has already been resolved. I doubt many players went through and done this pre-update.

An entire account of level 80s with no kinah, stigmas or transforms. Good for events? Or botting!

It seems that button was not there the whole previous week. It was probably invisible and they kinda activated it like 1 hour before the maintenance (which is when I took the original screenshot). At that point it was possible to make a whole account. After maintenance they did it correctly and only allow it for one char per account.

They messed up then... the bug looked like a legit new feature that was added to the game. Where did it say only one character could be jumped to 80?

I figured they added a insta-level up button to attract people back to the game without any grind to lvl.

Doesn't gw 2 have something similar?

Bumpity bump.

This is from a friend of mine (he is the person who actually told me about this right before maintenance, I made the thread right before maintenance before we even knew about what this was going to be).

He didn't see any discussion over this or any announcement about this anywhere. So he thought it was a feature and he did more than one character in the account. Then maintenance came, they made it into 1 per account and then we got the maintenance GM thread about this.

Days later, after he purchased things, transferred money and even bought some BCM to play the new chars, he got a ban, he thought it was a security check, sent a message and they told him he abused the system of jump characters. He didn't even know what the jump character abuse was meaning.

EVEN if there was a forum announcement about it that iti s a bug and nobody should do more than 1... plenty of people do not even enter forums.

The best solution to this would be to make all chars that were made with this feature to be turned back to lvl 1... like it takes 4 hours to make a char 1->80.

0zsHC36.jpg

I made this meme above but boy was I true?
csZfrNa.jpg&key=d3854a4b938b0b1991c973ee

Archived