Aion Classic Petition

Unbeatable-KT

13 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

Russia will be getting Aion Classic. IT WILL BE P2P WITH A "DAEVA PASS" (Praise the lord) the regional representative stated that delays between each region getting their own release are due to negotiations with NCSOFT and their respective regions. So basically, we'll definitely be getting classic since NCWest is still a subsidiary of NC. No telling when, but we can safely assume that it sounds like NC wants to make sure it has the same P2P model as in Korea.

Yea as expected. I am assuming it will be September for us around our anniversary since we are a subsidiary of NC they will probably use the same release philosophy as KR.

Good news indeed.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

Well it wouldn't make sense for Korea to offer Classic to Russia, or anywhere outside Korea, if they weren't trying to expand its reach. It doesn't make sense from a business perspective. If it was just a test pilot in Korea, or they had kinks to work out before attempting to branch out to other regions, they wouldn't have officially announced in Russia, nor would they be negotiating with gameforge on the build.

So, I think it's safe to say there's no reason for them to refrain from shipping the game to their subsidiary while giving it to 3rd parties. NCWest is probably in the translation phase currently. Hopefully we get the website upgrades Korea has... With character profiles and what-not like we had back in the day in 1.5.

Anyways I think this honestly resolves the question of if NC wants to send it out of Korea, it's going to make the rounds.

Unfortunately NC rarely follows logics of things they suppose to do. It just follow it own satisfaction. A lot of things suppose to happened but didn't. Russia got it is good thing but it doesn't say anything for us NA only thing we know so far is they considering classic in option because survey they sent. I would say don't wait for NC until they said it will happen it's really ok to play anything you want as long as you happy with it.

51 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Yea as expected. I am assuming it will be September for us around our anniversary since we are a subsidiary of NC they will probably use the same release philosophy as KR.

Good news indeed.

It's good news indeed. And honestly, at this point, it does make most sense if it will release in Sept. They already missed their chance it being winter time for most zones and us mainly being locked down during the pandemic. So if they were to open it during the spring/summer would just be stupid as not many people would play as I'm assuming there is people like me out there that want to use the summer time to spend outside than rather inside.

7 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Unfortunately NC rarely follows logics of things they suppose to do. It just follow it own satisfaction. A lot of things suppose to happened but didn't. Russia got it is good thing but it doesn't say anything for us NA only thing we know so far is they considering classic in option because survey they sent. I would say don't wait for NC until they said it will happen it's really ok to play anything you want as long as you happy with it.

Logic or not.

One thing that precedes logic with NCsoft is their tenancy to release the same exactly content that Korea releases at first.

Therefore logic is thrown out the door in this argument. It's also the perfect paradox in this example.

Honestly Korea was thriving long after NA had died. Even EU was performing relatively well right up until the Gameforge takeover.. Then it started going down hill, but KR was doing well, they had celebrity endorsements, in-game concerts, all sorts of shit, while we were dwindling down to 2 servers (that should by all means by 1 at this point..)

Even now relative to population density Korea has roughly 4 times the amount of players as NA on Live (which is now considered pretty dead there..)

Em Minha opinião seria maravilhoso poder jogar o Aion Classic, eu abandonaria fácil minhas transformações ultimate no total duas, fora os gear tudo, para poder voltar a jogar um Aion de Vdd.  

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

surprising turn of events.

That guy needs to learn the definition of a leak. This is a self fulfilled rumor at best, based on nothing but his "source" and reads and sounds more like a fanboy fantasy than an NCSoft move.

This company is notorious for canning dead PC games, turning their entire company into a mobile monopoly and never invests in rework or large scale changes and we're suppose to believe there's going to be an "aion remaster" and a revamp of 3.0+... as well as 8.0+?

I'll believe it when I see it.

4 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

surprising turn of events.

I believed what H.ello said I've been following his channel for a long time.

I'll comment about classic first.
It seems they really wanting to redevelop 3.0 but I want they keep 3.0 spirit such as separated pvp/pve maps ,housing (3.0 without housing isn't really 3.0) ,change the way items drop at least in AM/EF(box instead). About the lore I'm sure it will be something about time travel or multiverses stuff to prevent original event xD

About 8.0, 8.2 ,8.5

Passive skills ? I thinking we'll do more auto attack than skills ? (I hope not I don't want to become mindless zombie click and wait a monster die) or weaving becoming passive ? then yes. But interesting thing is sub/battlepass model they will do in 8.2 can't be done with RNG massively like we have now. We going to have another totally make over before that happened. Things I think it should happened is rework damage from godlike level 200k stuff BS to normal people damage like 10k max like in classic. They could introduced new gears and make old gears useless(like doing 1-10 damage to mobs). Transformation needs to be gone or they might turns that into passive skills(cast/attack/running speed?) Anything good looking transform can reverse back into candies. I doubt about compensate it's clearly giving OP gears to old players wasn't a good idea(transition from 5.8 to 6.0). Maybe they should giving back as ncoin instead as much as 5% as what they spent.
Another thing they needs to address is people can't get new computers now because mining madness(nobody know when it's going to stop). They need to optimized the game engine and requires less powerful computers to play Aion.
Lastly about Aion remastered, I think it will fail because it will be cross platform(mobile!! dun dun dunnnn). Aion should be playing with mouse and keyboard mainly(Because that was selling point of Aion otherwise just making new IP) but not only they should offer to work with anything including game controllers but if mobile counterpart isn't anything more than crafting , broker, selling/buying , mini games then I think it's ok.

However I also do questioning about this leak if it was really a leak or a purposefully leak by NCsoft themselves. Before this a lot of people reluctantly to continues to play on retail because it seems NCsoft just abandoned them and focus on classic version.  This leak will have an effect on people who playing on retail to keep playing. It doesn't make much sense if they going to make it sub/battlepass in 8.2 but without a major change in 8.0(according to the leak).

It also doesn't make a sense for NC to make an effort to revive live version when everyone is playing on classic. But delayed on classic in oversea regions do supporting their attempt to revive live version plan.

Since the leak said 8.0 will released on Q2(within 3 months). I guess we can see if any major changes to RNG ,loot boxes ,P2W or not.

I wondering how many pro-classic players will give a chance to 8.0 but 3 projects on Aion is too much. They should redesign 3.0+launch classic oversea as priority first and 8.0/8.2/8.5 project as second and Aion remastered can wait I mean it can unless remastered is mainly updated engine to run smoother for low end computers and updated character creation(Otherwise don't do it please).

There's literally zero chance an "Aion remaster" is a standalone title. The hypothetical take if this "leak" (its not a real leak) is that a remaster means ported to a new engine.

The amount of development time and cost to smoothly port a game as large as aion to a completely new engine is almost hilariously impossible. Aion is not nearly a profitable enough game, even now with Classic, to warrant an investment of that magnitude, while ALSO developers all over the world are suffering setbacks from COVID. It makes LITERALLY zero sense. This is fanboy fantasy.

They could go the route of Aion remastered the way BDO did with an engine upgrade, with lighting and texture overhauls. That's more plausible, and there's a lot of reasonable third party studios that do great work in this regard in Korea. My guess is, IF Aion remaster is true, it's not going to be its own game as the person in the video made it sound. It's just going to be a visual upgrade to Classic and Live clients.

Also claiming that Live will move back to P2P is laughable. That made the entire video seem even more like a fanboy pipe dream.

The guy is also from EU, no? What source could he possibly have? NC doesn't even have holdings in EU, yet you mean to tell me some guy from EU got ahold of this huge leak? Please.

3.0 being remade is a possibility, that could turn out true, as well as 8.0s timeline. The rest... well, I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, Vinley-KT said:

There's literally zero chance an "Aion remaster" is a standalone title. The hypothetical take if this "leak" (its not a real leak) is that a remaster means ported to a new engine.

The amount of development time and cost to smoothly port a game as large as aion to a completely new engine is almost hilariously impossible. Aion is not nearly a profitable enough game, even now with Classic, to warrant an investment of that magnitude, while ALSO developers all over the world are suffering setbacks from COVID. It makes LITERALLY zero sense. This is fanboy fantasy.

They could go the route of Aion remastered the way BDO did with an engine upgrade, with lighting and texture overhauls. That's more plausible, and there's a lot of reasonable third party studios that do great work in this regard in Korea. My guess is, IF Aion remaster is true, it's not going to be its own game as the person in the video made it sound. It's just going to be a visual upgrade to Classic and Live clients.

Also claiming that Live will move back to P2P is laughable. That made the entire video seem even more like a fanboy pipe dream.

The guy is also from EU, no? What source could he possibly have? NC doesn't even have holdings in EU, yet you mean to tell me some guy from EU got ahold of this huge leak? Please.

3.0 being remade is a possibility, that could turn out true, as well as 8.0s timeline. The rest... well, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sorry but his points are true.

They are most likely doing visual upgrades they will also possibly add to make aion have crossplay similar to BnS and Lineage but a total revamp is fantasy. Yes this player is most likely EU or RU so the likelihood he knows the VERY few actual players who are apart of the Test server for 8.0 would be extremely rare. They closed Test server info 2.5 year ago to a major issue with the leaks and NC is not going to do this again. Most of the information that gets out is the information they allow the KR content creators to tell and also in the videos they make. The addition to battle pass makes a lot of sense seeing as they do it in many of the other games classic included and will help players with the things they find most difficult in progression and they can pull back more on p2w if they add desirable items to the battle pass for people to buy, but full p2p is a joke

As far as Classic mostly likely the same as classic will get Visual Revamp similar again to how was stated about BDO. The timeline is very odd seeing as it doesn't quite make sense seeing as where the story of the game is going it would lead to another huge dead period of an extremely long drought. 

Until NC states about this and we will know in less than a month this is just he say she said and mostly fantasy

Hi I would like to talk about the concept about redevelop 3.0 based on this leak, we don't really have anything to talk about classic now wouldn't we ? 😜

Since they changing lore means some if not a lot of quests going to change too I wish they could add QoL stuff like showing which mobs/objects needs for quests. It would be really bad if you don't know what you looking for like original 3.0. Custom chain(from 5.x) would be nice for anyone who's not played classic before. I'm not sure about skill changes but there're some skills seriously weak such as noble servant that I think deserve to upgraded. I'm sure a lot of people would be against early introduce classes like sw, gunner into this new 3.0 because they're totally imbalanced.

Maybe kahrun chain could have magic boost + heal boost in same time so clerics wouldn't need so many multiple sets ? I really don't like concept of mace being limited to 9% cast speed in 3.0 sure heal will be OP with 20% cast but you can lower amount of heal and cd to make up for it(and actually it doesn't need to boost 20% at least keep adding speed each patch a bit more with every new level cap). I personally like concept of diverse weapons(cast speed spear, great sword, bow for fun lol improved spear stigma tree and ranger traps). Staff can have a lot of crit spells to make up for lacking of cast speed.

Kahrun symbol should be able to buy all 3.0 instance skins(I already said this multiple times I know).

Lastly about the lore I can simply said the boss from argent manor sense destruction coming in 4.8 and escaped thru vortex and space time to 3.0 Tiamat and informed her about Berita and then she proceed to spank Berita ass ? 😄😘

Just a joke you know xD

Rumors, innuendo, wishful thinking, and a bit of utter BS here and there.

All I want to know is WHEN.  How NC West does it's thing is all well and good.  That is their concern not mine.

I know that if they don't launch it here I'm going to have to figure out how to play it either on the UE servers through game forge, or on the RU servers, or on the KR servers..  either way there is going to be a frustrating level of hoops to jump through to make it happen.

I have no doubt it will launch in NA.  I will happily play a monthly Sub.... no issues.. I went and relogged into my account on the current US build and found myself utterly confused.  There is so much.. well...  crap that I really can't make heads or tail of anything.  Yep I went and made a lvl 80 toon.. no clue about the stupid levels of make this, make that make that boost  ARRRGGG!,

Unappealing, unwanted crap all designed to get me to nickle and dime myself to death and do the pay to win thing in a game filled with cartoons and... I don't even know what to say.  Where the sense of accomplishment?  Where's the story?  Where's the lore?

Gimmie Classic.. NOW!  The current version has zero appeal to me...

Hustle it up NC West.  Want my money?  Then give me a product worth spending it on.    

Archived