Aion Classic Petition

Unbeatable-KT

On 1/14/2021 at 6:15 PM, Jagblade-DN said:

And like that, you can instantly kill any and all respect anyone else has or had for you. Do you watch TV? Watch Movies? If so you'd better stop soon. Video games are no different than these except you control what's happening on screen. Is it also immature to play board games or other table tops? Is it bad to read choose your own adventure books at an age past 30? How about building models? Just what is an acceptable, non-embarrassing hobby for someone a little bit older to partake in?

I've seen some narrow minded posts on these forums but holy nyerk this one takes the cake.

I mean, this guy is a low energy and non-skilled player anyways.  NCWest enjoys these type of gullible players that hand them money, yet complain when nothing gets fixed, yet continue to hand them money afterwards. Thank god he ain't my doctor, that'd be a Y-I-K-E-S in my books dawg. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The stupid thing is tho only select people got the survey, For all we know very few people actually filled it out because they have no interest in Aion at all any more.

It would be nice if @Kibbelzcan get this sent out to the entire community rather than select individuals. 

Yeah that's def a bugger. No idea if it's actually a randomized process either or have they maybe tried to give out the surveys towards the players that are mainly still playing.

Best option would have been to send out the surveys to all the Aion accounts, and then whoever responds responds. But maybe too much information for them to compile lol.

All in all, once again, it's a waiting game, but at least the fact they've included a question on the survey in regards to an Aion Classic is a positive reinforcement towards the idea of it possibly coming in the near future.

Honestly it probably will its NC they port everything to the West in time probably 6 more months like most things. The only thing is they are already taking care of issues and things already on their Classic server they probably will try to adress these issue before sending it here. Also probably have to wait stil on the dev team working on 8.0 content as they just released new content this past maintenance and they will be releasing apsuranta 8.0 around mid April.

The fact they're gauging interest is a good thing; the question though is what the marketing will be like when it inevitably hits. NA in general, post-release, has basically had abysmal to non-existent marketing aside from a few random banners on generic MMO sites, which doesn't exactly bode well for long term MMO growth.

I'd like to see NCWest take the chance approaching some big name streamers that have history in the genre. It has created success for some other games, though it's still kind of an iffy market for publishers because you never know what streamers are going to say when they're asked to try out a game. People like Summit1G however take an interest in any PVP games, MMO's included, and AION is kind of that generation of game that doesn't have recent history's branding and word of mouth for the current "player base."

But anyways, I do think Classic is coming West, the question is if it will come in time. If it comes too late to the game, with things like New World coming out, it can take away from a lot of potential players. Timing is so important with MMO's in such a fickle market. It's why the silence is kind of... Odd. The smart move would be to get ahead of the news, because a surprise announcement doesn't really do much for a game that doesn't really have much marketing or name hype to begin with.

4 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

I do think Classic is coming West, the question is if it will come in time. If it comes too late to the game, with things like New World coming out, it can take away from a lot of potential players. Timing is so important with MMO's in such a fickle market. It's why the silence is kind of... Odd. The smart move would be to get ahead of the news, because a surprise announcement doesn't really do much for a game that doesn't really have much marketing or name hype to begin with.

It was an anniversary present in KR so chances are it will also be an Anniversary gift in other regions as well, September(i think is our anniversary) is when we should see it if they stay true to this.

One thing Aion classic will have going for it is the youtube community actually gets a fair bit of views on the Aion video's so people like Peon and a few other CC's will create video's about its release and play it on release so that will be one thing going for it.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:58 PM, Vinley-KT said:

The fact they're gauging interest is a good thing; the question though is what the marketing will be like when it inevitably hits. NA in general, post-release, has basically had abysmal to non-existent marketing aside from a few random banners on generic MMO sites, which doesn't exactly bode well for long term MMO growth.

I'd like to see NCWest take the chance approaching some big name streamers that have history in the genre. It has created success for some other games, though it's still kind of an iffy market for publishers because you never know what streamers are going to say when they're asked to try out a game. People like Summit1G however take an interest in any PVP games, MMO's included, and AION is kind of that generation of game that doesn't have recent history's branding and word of mouth for the current "player base."

But anyways, I do think Classic is coming West, the question is if it will come in time. If it comes too late to the game, with things like New World coming out, it can take away from a lot of potential players. Timing is so important with MMO's in such a fickle market. It's why the silence is kind of... Odd. The smart move would be to get ahead of the news, because a surprise announcement doesn't really do much for a game that doesn't really have much marketing or name hype to begin with.

Timing is everything and realistically the time was a few months ago. It's still not late but Classic has to release in the next month or 2 to still have some traction for success.

Realistically the best time to open up would have been winter time since well 1) It's winter and people tend to game more during winter rather than summer and 2) Probably an even more important factor would the pandemic lockdown across the world, which might be coming to an ease as vaccinations are rolled out and we might potentially see loosened restrictions by summer time.

As long as it is a TRUE return to the original content and gameplay before they nerfed everything and started westernizing (making everything easy mode for cry babies) then myself and group of friends will make this our main game. If they still cater to those that don't understand that most KRPG's are grindy af then it will not be worth it. We love the grind "challenge" of the game and as an asmo, getting ganked in morheim by a rifter is a rite of passage that really introduced players to pvp very well. The original game has a great story that really instilled that sense of pride in your side, tons of quests, and great systems for those that were actually willing to put in the work. imo. 

1 hour ago, NoNameWasAvalbil said:

As long as it is a TRUE return to the original content and gameplay before they nerfed everything and started westernizing (making everything easy mode for cry babies) then myself and group of friends will make this our main game. If they still cater to those that don't understand that most KRPG's are grindy af then it will not be worth it. We love the grind "challenge" of the game and as an asmo, getting ganked in morheim by a rifter is a rite of passage that really introduced players to pvp very well. The original game has a great story that really instilled that sense of pride in your side, tons of quests, and great systems for those that were actually willing to put in the work. imo. 

Everything you said happened in KR. If you want to be ahead of the curve you spend about $500-$1000 and buy your gear day 1 then by day 2-3 when you are level 30 and you will have full ACC/Weapon/Armor 30 PvP gear waiting for you to go around rifting and killing people in whites/greens.

Essentially they made it so those who are willing to spend have an easy ride in low level PvP but the PvE aspect of the game remains the same. If you are ahead of the curve you more than likely will never run in to the players that do this.

Along with this let me say the grind will be grindier than old retail, Lets put it this way they nerfed kinah rate by nearly 5x the original rate and increased the rate you gain XP through events that we may not even get. This again will not affect players who are willing to buy kinah from bots and are willing to pay a premium for stones/items. Which again does make it profitable for people who grind everything because they can get the stones players need and sell them to them so it kinda is a buff for people who grind in a way i guess.

Edit: Not trying to talk it down just simply stating the experience i had/viewed in KR. Just expect there to be a few level 25 governors is all i am saying.

7 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Timing is everything and realistically the time was a few months ago. It's still not late but Classic has to release in the next month or 2 to still have some traction for success.

Realistically the best time to open up would have been winter time since well 1) It's winter and people tend to game more during winter rather than summer and 2) Probably an even more important factor would the pandemic lockdown across the world, which might be coming to an ease as vaccinations are rolled out and we might potentially see loosened restrictions by summer time.

They problem with the current Aion is the PvP is totally unfair compared to the PvP in Aion Classic. That's not about to change, so there will always be people that won't put up with the PvP imbalance in Aion 7.7 and move to Classic.

If you work at it, you can have just as good PvP  gear in Aion Classic as everyone else.  Grinding AP is a hassle, and some people cheat by killing opposite faction alts for AP, that's assuming multiple accounts are free. The trick is not to go crazy wasting time on alts, roll a toon and stick at it until you have an L50 AP set enchanted up to +10.

23 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Everything you said happened in KR. If you want to be ahead of the curve you spend about $500-$1000 and buy your gear day 1 then by day 2-3 when you are level 30 and you will have full ACC/Weapon/Armor 30 PvP gear waiting for you to go around rifting and killing people in whites/greens.

Essentially they made it so those who are willing to spend have an easy ride in low level PvP but the PvE aspect of the game remains the same. If you are ahead of the curve you more than likely will never run in to the players that do this.

Along with this let me say the grind will be grindier than old retail, Lets put it this way they nerfed kinah rate by nearly 5x the original rate and increased the rate you gain XP through events that we may not even get. This again will not affect players who are willing to buy kinah from bots and are willing to pay a premium for stones/items. Which again does make it profitable for people who grind everything because they can get the stones players need and sell them to them so it kinda is a buff for people who grind in a way i guess.

Edit: Not trying to talk it down just simply stating the experience i had/viewed in KR. Just expect there to be a few level 25 governors is all i am saying.

So when we initially played at the start of classic in KR, people were abusing AP in multiple ways. 1) Buying the 3 month pass and getting the 3? crown rewards (P2W) 2) The AP return item system 3) AP trading. They took out the first 2 so that's out of the question at the moment in Korea, and as for the AP trading, I personally haven't seen any happen when we played on KR the second time around on the new server.

What you didn't experience however was actually a realization that the above ways of abusing AP only made a very small fraction of  the population. When you played with us at the start, we all were like "oh wow, these guys are finding every bug and abusing the hell out of it, and so many are doing it". Nope. When we started on that second new server, there was no way to abuse AP other than AP trading, and like I said, we've all played endless hours and haven't seen that happen. What did happen was us realizing that the few of us English people that played there were casuals compared to their most of the population.

What I mean by that is this. Here in NA, every time I played Aion, I would consider myself as one of the elites. The time and money put in made me one of the top geared people. Over there in Korea, 2 months into that 2nd new server that we started, I finally got my first lvl30 pvp armor piece at which point there were people running around with 40e full armor set. And no they didn't cheat. They literally played pretty much 24/7 and grinded that out.

My point is while I consider myself as one of the elites here in NA when I play and with the time and money I put in here... over there we (english community) were literally casuals. I give kudos to the Koreans, but they're on some next level steroids for literally playing 24/7 and wasting much more money than I've ever wasted in this game.

There's another private server that I dunno which version they based on but I assuming lastest version(I assuming from shadowly figure transformation that they used for a NPC) everything they customized seem perfect, got all skins up to the lastest version yet emulated classic element with combat and limited at lv 65. So I think they set up everything right but what wrong is economy in the server it's really really wrong the price is extreme somehow. Maybe because past events that ruined it or maybe something else nobody even try to sell skins from instances. I don't know if this is because late classic design problem or simply because influence from super pro player. I'm not definitely looking for Aion classic where pro players dominated. I'm looking for more casual game.

Maybe we're hoping for more than classic where staffs need to seriously manage controlling economy,hackers and I'm really against for Aion becoming an esport game esport means pro and pro means money means no fun.

I purpose that we should have 2 versions of game where one standard for elite players and another for casual players where p2w,money,pvp is severe limited.

3 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

What I mean by that is this. Here in NA, every time I played Aion, I would consider myself as one of the elites. The time and money put in made me one of the top geared people. Over there in Korea, 2 months into that 2nd new server that we started, I finally got my first lvl30 pvp armor piece at which point there were people running around with 40e full armor set. And no they didn't cheat. They literally played pretty much 24/7 and grinded that out.

The new servers came out with 1.5 no? That means they had dredge and AP instances yea? I forget what came out with 1.5 but i have been keeping track of the ranking systems.

I can say that the new servers been closer to what NA retail looked like with few people having gear and mostly people who have no gear having the high ranks early on. It does look like the gear people earned on the new servers seems legit. 

the problem with ALL ncsoft games is that they are NOT made for free-to-play CASUAL players... it's just doesn't work...

that's why the interest is so low and even bringing back older versions can't really attract newer players and retain them for long time.

People will log in classic, will realize you either have to pay or have to grind 24/7 for months to actually be able to enjoy end game content... 

and then they will leave and go play something else.

That's what happened initially with old aion... and that is what will happen with classic couple of months after its release...

What MMO model works in korea VERY RARELY works in the west... and ncsoft probably knows this better than anyone. 

Whatever little player base they got on latest retail servers now will just be split between classic and retail if they release classic server....

There's no way in hell people are coming back to grind 24/7 like 10 years ago when they were in college or school...

That's not happening.

The best MMO model that works FOR EVERYONE is something you can play on the weekend for couple of hours with your friends and do END GAME PvP or PvE dungeons

No version of Aion offers that - ncsoft games just don't work this way, they are not designed to be played like that.

And that's why they can neither attract nor keep their players.

In 2021 players look for completely different types of MMOs... old models are just outdated, simple as that

Here's a challenge for y'all:

"Try to do the hardest endgame PvE dungeon with a pug group successfully in less than 1 hour in ANY ncsoft game!"

it's not only impossible... it is DESIGNED ON PURPOSE to be impossible!

Is this a good game design? :)))

Does this look like a good enjoyable game design in 2021?

That's why the whole MMO genre is in decline - its core design is just flawed.

PvP is another joke....

Almost all modern MMOs equalize PvP stats in arenas.... there's no such thing in Aion....

Am I PvP'ing against a player or Am I PvP'ing against his wallet??!?!?

Which one is it?

Outdated game designs don't have a place in 2021.... I'm sorry

41 minutes ago, Nymphala-DN said:

TLDR

Outdated game designs don't have a place in 2021.... I'm sorry

This is going to come as a shock to you, but there's actually a generation of people that exist after you, and there's also millions of working adults that are WFH, on-call, or 4 day work weeks that have plenty of time for MMOs. Classic servers have been the biggest success in the industry. WoW Classic more than doubled its subscription numbers. Lineage as always is booming.

While yes the genre has more fickle players, that doesn't mean there isn't a place for grindier games. BDO is pretty much a never ending grind and yet it's one of the most played games out there among any genre.

What I find funny is the know-it-alls that claim no MMO can work anymore despite every bit of evidence to the contrary (pretty much every classic launched to date) are the ones still playing an MMO with 100 people logged on, and one of the worst slot machine cash shops in all of gaming. I'm going to go ahead and say your interests in entertainment isn't very mainstream.

I'm not one to rub it in but it's going to be "interesting" to see these people react to Aion classic's performance in the West relative to retail. I mean, there's 3 western private servers that have 2-5K in population numbers running classic versions of the game. Are you really so naive to think a retail version can't work when literally euroaion has 40x more players than both your laughable servers combined?

*Something that works everywhere else in the world* - Americans: "ThAt CaNt WoRk! MuRiCa!"

MMO's are different in every region they won't be the same in any of them FF is a prime example big here and EU. But on JP/Asia server I can't even tell you and Korean friends who play that game they say its dead beyond belief. WoW does etremely well in NA and EU not so much in KR. BDO is a game that does well in Korea and other region but that is due to the fact of it being sandbox you can grind hard if you want p2w if you want and play casually if you so desire it doesn't matter. Will you ever be an "elite pvp'er"? No, but you can still have fun in the mosh pit PvP that is node wars. I have been gearing my Maewha I am probably more geared than most average players sitting up at over 300 AP and 350 DP but I can still get 1 shot but thing is I have played for years and haven't spent a dime and thats fine with me.

I am not trying to say that Aion Classic isn't a good thing but there is good reason it needs to run through a good period of test in KR before it comes to NA. NCwest is notorious for not putting good effort into policing or maintaining much in its games so the issues that has happened in KR will happen in NA and they will be worse. More hackers, more cheaters, and gold sellers. They have recently moved a good part of the dev team to work on the new map update in KR so the chance that the issues still a problem in KR will change are low. They need more time to iron out these things because with how things are currently on our live servers it would be an utter mess if we got it in a month to 2 months. I can probably see it coming in September along with our anniversary and honestly I would have no complaints with that release date.

From what I have seen and currently see yes there are a good amount of people playing Classic but the complaints on the game are directed at Classic issues not being addressed and players being mad about the amount of resources being put into new content instead of equally distributed between Retail and Classic.

I will be happy to see Classic if it is annouced for September and hoping to see mobile crossplay for Retail like they have in Korea it makes the grind more managable as long as it comes with the auto combat which I would be totally fine with if we get reworked auto-combat like only on weekends. Then I can enjoy Classic with friends who wish to play that while still progressing in Retail via my phone at the same time

TL;DR Classic in NA is fine as long as we give it the appropriate amount of time to iron out the issues

29 minutes ago, Ereliya-KT said:

TL;DR Classic in NA is fine as long as we give it the appropriate amount of time to iron out the issues

I think the final point you made is good, and accurate, but the often made claim of significant region differences is generally skewed to very a limited scope and often dosen't account for region density. WoW is the worst offender of that. It's still the single most played MMO in every region, including Korea, yet is cited as you said; as dead. The MMO market is way more saturated in Korea, yet WoW is still able to maintain it's popularity despite that.

Aion was the 1st and 2nd most played game in every region upon release. It at one point had over 6 million subscribers. NAs numbers died long before EU and Korea did. That's not region differences; that's region management. NCW was completely uninvolved in the game. We weren't even getting many of the events that they were getting in Korea, all the while NCW would continuously regurgitate "We CaNt Do CuStOm ChAnGeS" yet the cash shop and website would counter that claim. NCW was incompetent and the community manager back then would often even get in to flame wars with the very community he was suppose to support on the forums.

1.9s merge and server migration was the biggest contributor of NAs problems, and it caused NAs playerbase to drop almost instantly upon release. The problem was never Korea; it was NCWs incompetence, because god forbid they had to hire more people to handle translation data, or invest more resources into anything. It was poorly managed.

Even now, CMs reach out to the community for what? When? To give maintenance time once a week? Lol?

Imagine you working for a restaurant and your customers did nothing but complaining and raging at you and your boss don't want to listen anything that changed their style of work and they believed in their experience, pride, ego whatever(Even changes for better income happy owner and customers) and no one really try to help you on this at all. There's no reward from this you might even get a backslash if you try to change things too much.

Imagine yourself in their shoes can you do much better under these conditions ? 😏
Conditions above is not something I imagined but actually my real life experience.

5 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

I think the final point you made is good, and accurate, but the often made claim of significant region differences is generally skewed to very a limited scope and often dosen't account for region density. WoW is the worst offender of that. It's still the single most played MMO in every region, including Korea, yet is cited as you said; as dead. The MMO market is way more saturated in Korea, yet WoW is still able to maintain it's popularity despite that.

The thing I see so often which is hard to put numbers behind I could cite some websites but they are not in english, but in Korea, WoW is really not that popular it has about the same number of active players as BDO or PoE or even BnS and Aion its really not that much it doesn't even begin to compare with Maplestory or Dungeon and Fighter in Korea which are hands down the more popular MMO's despite how much older they are. You can say sure it does well in NA/EU and the fact that it keeps up with these games in KR means that it is good but if you just look at regions indivudually a game that dominates the genre in NA and EU does not do the same for KR because it is not the normal style game for them. 

Despite this we all know NCwests issues and the issues with Aion in general this is why we need the time to make sure most of the issues are fixed from Korea that way there is less to worry about when it comes to NA since its not going to get the care from NCwest once it makes its way here

I am not against Classic but I am against rushing something that is not really even that great in its current state. A lot of my legion mates including my sister and her husband quit Classic and play Retail again and only play Classic for maybe an hour a day with most of their time on Retail again and with the new update coming to Retail they might even play Classic even less. This is due to the many issues that NC has pointed out with Classic and said they will address but now with so much of the development team working on New Retail content who knows when they will actually make good on the promise they made of addressing those issues

I stopped playing retail Aion around about the 6.2 patch after coming here from EU servers, when NA went free to play. I invested a lot of time and money into this game only to see a lot of what I had worked for taken away with every new patch!

I lost my 5 star status, most of my kinah, my palace and finally I lost my patience and decided I'd had enough and quit. I have logged back in sometimes to say 'Hi' to old friends, but they got fewer and fewer each time. I missed the game but it was always the 'older' version I missed, the versions where flying was actually part of gameplay and sieges. The versions where I didn't HAVE to look like a stuffed toy to be able to run or do significant damage.

Some old game friends recently persuaded me to join a classic 4.6 p.server and I suddenly found I could actually enjoy playing  Aion again. I also found a lot of my other old friends had also found this same server (now I know where they went!) I must admit losing all socketed manastones for a single fail is hard to stomach but it's no worse than when it was happening on retail servers, when that mechanic was removed from the game we all got soft!

There are benefits though, no PTW items on the shop, no Gold Spammers (I logged into NA server last week and the only chat I saw was Gold Sellers!) and Admins that can actually be contacted.

P.S

@Unbeatable-KT

I am 67 years old and I STILL play games - deal with it!! 

Growing old is mandatory........................growing up isn't

I don't appreciate ageism from anyone, I have played Aion with people older than me and we are just as good and just as entitled to be here as younger players.  Worse still I am female just in case that is also a problem for you!

I believe I come bearing gifts!

-ciLQLxG10Y.jpg?size=1817x417&quality=96

Russia will be getting Aion Classic. IT WILL BE P2P WITH A "DAEVA PASS" (Praise the lord) the regional representative stated that delays between each region getting their own release are due to negotiations with NCSOFT and their respective regions. So basically, we'll definitely be getting classic since NCWest is still a subsidiary of NC. No telling when, but we can safely assume that it sounds like NC wants to make sure it has the same P2P model as in Korea.

I disagreed that if Russia got classic this will guarantee NA will get it as well just because NCwes is subsidiary of NCKorea. But I think it kinda decided the fate of live, classic will be main focus of NCsoft now.

What I do question about Aion now is will NCsoft content with Aion(PC) sale performance(It will never reach mobile counterpart level not any time soon) and not trying something like massive p2w like mobile counterpart again.

Still waiting to see what they will do after 2.7 version if they updated I believed it will be highly altered of original 3.0

Well it wouldn't make sense for Korea to offer Classic to Russia, or anywhere outside Korea, if they weren't trying to expand its reach. It doesn't make sense from a business perspective. If it was just a test pilot in Korea, or they had kinks to work out before attempting to branch out to other regions, they wouldn't have officially announced in Russia, nor would they be negotiating with gameforge on the build.

So, I think it's safe to say there's no reason for them to refrain from shipping the game to their subsidiary while giving it to 3rd parties. NCWest is probably in the translation phase currently. Hopefully we get the website upgrades Korea has... With character profiles and what-not like we had back in the day in 1.5.

Anyways I think this honestly resolves the question of if NC wants to send it out of Korea, it's going to make the rounds.

Archived