Aion Classic Petition

Unbeatable-KT

Hey folks!

Aion Classic released in Korea on November 11, 2020.

One month into it's release, instead of seeing a downward trend in it's population as most releases experience in the first few weeks of the game, Aion Classic has shown a growing trend instead. Going from approximately 30,000 players upon release to about 50,000 players during peak times one month into the server... the game is booming in Korea.

In the past 11 years of Aion, NCSoft has always implemented change (ie. patches/expansions) in the West a few months after they implemented them in Korea. However, this time around, there is doubt whether Aion Classic will come to NA at all.

For the community of people that are looking forward to re-living the nostalgic experience of Aion through it's classic days, this is your perfect opportunity to support the notion of tallying up thousands of petitions and proving to NCsoft that there is a whole community ready to play Aion Classic in NA.

I speak with confidence that this petition will bring Aion Classic to NA, and when it does, see you all in game!

Unbeatable

http://chng.it/VTmDMnQTYd

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I'm not sure if Aion classic will be a thing ,As everybody know everyone who loved classic already playing old versions such as 3.5 and 4.6  in p servers.
And they're very declining right now the reason is simple there's no new update even they have constantly events to keep players log.

Maybe just maybe I think we should have something like 5.8 client but limited level and maps up to dark poeta and theo no inggison a lot of things needs to modify too like KKM and fortress guards etc but then agian that's too much works too much efforts xD

I saw an attempt from 3.5 server that able to bring skin from 4.0 to their version. it's kinda buggy maybe 4.0 client but limited content to 2.0 I dunno o.O
But I'm sure that 2.7 version (Korea classic goal) would be not interested for most people.

Or maybe just use 5.8 client and rework everything from the start ? I mean instead lazy mode rework on some campaign and limited lv to 50 have all quality of life enchantments remove all stupid stuff like  tempering solution and omega unlimited enchantment well you do know how messy 5.8 was xD

Keep classic spirit only thing they should keep is maps quests skins. Reintorduce AP for greater stigma and 12 stigma slots only this time freely equip and no stigmas turning to skills. We don't need insane hard instances that only elite people can do. We need a game that everybody can do anything to have fun.

Let elitism die out I would like a game that's easy for everyone instead a game that you need to gearcheck,dps check,brain check,english check omg this is harder to apply a visa LOL xD

Who care if the game is easier as long as we got people to playing with us.

Hmm I would like to update I'm apology for my assumption of declining of Aion classic(p servers) because no update.

Actually I find that some retro online game servers that already shut down which means no more update(p servers) are really alive and kicking right now.
I could only think because retro online games had no loot boxes (gacha) like I said before fair and fun will follow.

So maybe just maybe what we miss most is a fair game.
And perhaps why RO post-renewal is so fail not because changing of mechanics but because of loot boxes ;D

If we can't buy anything from shop to enchant our ability and stats at all in 6.0 maybe we all might enjoy 6.0 and nobody will really complain like when they introduced linked stigma in 4.8 but nobody can p2w it so everyone kinda happy and ok with it xD

It might very possible for live to survive if nobody can p2w but actually those RNG can obtain only in game.

I really think we should be looking at a server merger of KT and DN vs adding a 3rd(classic) server that spreads an already sparse player base even thinner. Consider for a minute what that will do to the over all health of the game. Lakrum, Crimson Katalam, and Demaha already feel very empty as is. It maybe we successful in other regions but they have the spread to maintain it. I am intrigued by the notion of reliving  some of the old content but at the same time i dont want to see Aion NA servers die even further. Its all ready in the ICU, why try to slap it with a dose of adrenaline when its too weak? Focus on the change and repairs we need first to get more people back. Save that shot for when its stronger. IMO

As much as I have been against a classic server for years.  Honestly I think I am for adding it now.

I seldom post to forums anymore however my thoughts are the existing player base needs to realize there is not going to be a massive influx of new or returning players to existing retail.  The game is bleeding people not adding and even if bugs fixed and game improves the returning numbers will not be huge, history has shown that.

So I am for a classic server if the following occurs

Only released in NA.  I believe if released in both eu and na it will spread the player base out to much and doom it to failure.

This one not a must but merge DN and KT to a New server as KT has issues and requires multiple maint a week now.

At this point without an influx of players don't see how the game sustains itself and getting players to come back on a monthly sub for Classic could help sustain both Classic and current Retail.

While I currently don't see myself playing classic I am not blind and realize that adding it now at this point combined with a merge of existing retail could actually improve the game for all.

Thanks

Tyd

I don't care what anyone has to say about it, Aion classic will not work in NA, it just won't.

We literally cry salt the second we hear we have to do any level of grinding, do some people think Aion 1.9 is somehow easier/less grindy? Lmao.

The ONLY way Aion classic could work here in the west is if NCWest heavily monetizes it and we all know how we feel about their scumbaggery, so good luck grinding the medals/AP/Resources you need to be viable.

Also magic boost sins were disgusting.

10 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

Few months? Wow..that's a good joke.

Patches are every 6 months which would line us up with Elyon online.

I guess if you want to fall for the same trick twice, go for it.

What?

I love how your post probably makes a 100% sense in your head, but I've read it multiple times and I still don't understand where to tie in the knots.

I'm just trying to understand your post. Is the thing you're referring to a joke the fact that it will release in a "few months"? Because if that is so, 6 months technically is a "few months", and if so, that really is a good joke on your part.

As for Elyon online, it hasn't even released yet in Korea, let alone have a date to release in NA. Yes the same company is running the show, but the fact that you're comparing Aion to a whole different game, one that hasn't even released... well, as you say... good joke.

As for the last part of "fall for the same trick twice". Once again, I'm sure it makes a 100% sense in your head, but for future reference, remember that people that you are writing to are not mind readers and that you should put more context to what you write. I'm actually curious though, what trick?

10 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Hi I'm not sure if Aion classic will be a thing ,As everybody know everyone who loved classic already playing old versions such as 3.5 and 4.6  in p servers.
And they're very declining right now the reason is simple there's no new update even they have constantly events to keep players log.

Maybe just maybe I think we should have something like 5.8 client but limited level and maps up to dark poeta and theo no inggison a lot of things needs to modify too like KKM and fortress guards etc but then agian that's too much works too much efforts xD

I saw an attempt from 3.5 server that able to bring skin from 4.0 to their version. it's kinda buggy maybe 4.0 client but limited content to 2.0 I dunno o.O
But I'm sure that 2.7 version (Korea classic goal) would be not interested for most people.

Or maybe just use 5.8 client and rework everything from the start ? I mean instead lazy mode rework on some campaign and limited lv to 50 have all quality of life enchantments remove all stupid stuff like  tempering solution and omega unlimited enchantment well you do know how messy 5.8 was xD

Keep classic spirit only thing they should keep is maps quests skins. Reintorduce AP for greater stigma and 12 stigma slots only this time freely equip and no stigmas turning to skills. We don't need insane hard instances that only elite people can do. We need a game that everybody can do anything to have fun.

Let elitism die out I would like a game that's easy for everyone instead a game that you need to gearcheck,dps check,brain check,english check omg this is harder to apply a visa LOL xD

Who care if the game is easier as long as we got people to playing with us.

5 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Hmm I would like to update I'm apology for my assumption of declining of Aion classic(p servers) because no update.

Actually I find that some retro online game servers that already shut down which means no more update(p servers) are really alive and kicking right now.
I could only think because retro online games had no loot boxes (gacha) like I said before fair and fun will follow.

So maybe just maybe what we miss most is a fair game.
And perhaps why RO post-renewal is so fail not because changing of mechanics but because of loot boxes ;D

If we can't buy anything from shop to enchant our ability and stats at all in 6.0 maybe we all might enjoy 6.0 and nobody will really complain like when they introduced linked stigma in 4.8 but nobody can p2w it so everyone kinda happy and ok with it xD

It might very possible for live to survive if nobody can p2w but actually those RNG can obtain only in game.

I didn't ask you to come in here to suggest a different idea of whether they should release 3.5 or 4.6 or 5.8 or what they should tweak. If you like those patches, that's good for you. As you said it yourself there is many private servers out there that you can join if that's something nostalgic worth living through. The title on the other hand clearly says Aion Classic Petition. It means if you like the idea of having a Classic server in the West, then sign the petition. It's clearly working in Korea. Sure it won't spring up as much as it did in Korea, but I can guarantee you it'll be more of a lively game than the current retail is. That thought in itself is satisfying game play to me.

3 hours ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

I really think we should be looking at a server merger of KT and DN vs adding a 3rd(classic) server that spreads an already sparse player base even thinner. Consider for a minute what that will do to the over all health of the game. Lakrum, Crimson Katalam, and Demaha already feel very empty as is. It maybe we successful in other regions but they have the spread to maintain it. I am intrigued by the notion of reliving  some of the old content but at the same time i dont want to see Aion NA servers die even further. Its all ready in the ICU, why try to slap it with a dose of adrenaline when its too weak? Focus on the change and repairs we need first to get more people back. Save that shot for when its stronger. IMO

I agree with you on this. I personally haven't played retail in about half a year, but having friends still play it, they've vividly described how bad the state of the game is at the moment. So from what I heard, I do agree that DN and KT should merge.

But, the thing that people don't realize, retail is already dead.

I had to download the game and login the other day to login to the forums, and when I did log in to KT during its prime time hours, which keep in mind is the more populated server out of the 2... there were literally 153 Elyos online. That is embarrassing. If you think the retail servers aren't already dead, you are only kidding yourself. There is more people on a Korean Classic server going through a Heiron rift in 1 minute then there is Elyos on KT in a day. Hopefully that gives people some insight of how dead retail is.

The people that are playing retail need to wake up and realize you are living in a bubble. Retail is dead.

I'm a healthcare professional, so I'd like to play off on your ICU analogy. When we try to pretty much bring patients in a manner of speaking "back from the dead" while in the ICU, we succeed at times, and at times we don't. We also know when it's time to pull the plug. You will always have that family member that's in denial that unfortunately there is nothing left we can do for the patient, yet even with just a heart beat and a vegetable state of mind, they refuse to pull the plug on their loved one. I understand. It's hard and it's a decision that not many people want to make. But this exactly what's happening with Aion retail. Denial is written all over the bunch that are still playing it and don't want to face the reality of what's to come in the near future. So this is just a heads up for the ones that are so emotionally invested in the retail, that you should prepare for the worst, because god forbid, if you don't have the emotional maturity to see that you are playing a hardly breathing game now, nyerk do I fear to the few that will probably have mental breakdowns when retail servers do actually close.

3 hours ago, Justalyne-KT said:

As much as I have been against a classic server for years.  Honestly I think I am for adding it now.

I seldom post to forums anymore however my thoughts are the existing player base needs to realize there is not going to be a massive influx of new or returning players to existing retail.  The game is bleeding people not adding and even if bugs fixed and game improves the returning numbers will not be huge, history has shown that.

So I am for a classic server if the following occurs

Only released in NA.  I believe if released in both eu and na it will spread the player base out to much and doom it to failure.

This one not a must but merge DN and KT to a New server as KT has issues and requires multiple maint a week now.

At this point without an influx of players don't see how the game sustains itself and getting players to come back on a monthly sub for Classic could help sustain both Classic and current Retail.

While I currently don't see myself playing classic I am not blind and realize that adding it now at this point combined with a merge of existing retail could actually improve the game for all.

Thanks

Tyd

One post I can agree with and you took most of the words out of my mouth.

I also agree with the fact that if Aion Classic does release in NA and EU, that it would be much better news for EU's servers than for NA servers... especially in terms of longevity.

But keep in mind, nothing is certain at the moment. The theory is that since EU Aion is run by Gameforge, which only started running  Aion in it's late 2.7 patch, which they technically don't have the rights to release Aion Classic. It's theorized that NCSoft might reject giving GF publishing rights, in which case that would bring the EU population to the NA Classic server. Think about it though. Is there a reason why they moved servers from Texas to Virigina? I don't know... but I do know the European players that still currently play on NA went from like 200 ping to about 90-100 ping. Furthermore, we all know NCSoft. They're greedy and they're in for the cash grab. Wouldn't you as a greedy company, knowing the fact that you have  50,000 players playing your Aion Classic in Korea in comparison to the 4,000 players that played 7.7 before it released... wouldn't you want to keep all that income for yourself and rather not have a 3rd party company take away all your riches?

Either way, that's all theory, but if anything, it makes the most sense now. So in the end, if it does release only in NA, it is a huge win. Those servers will be packed and live for quite a long time, especially with an EU population playing with us.

On the other hand, worst cast scenario being that EU will get their own Aion Classic... well then yeah, that means less population for NA and also won't live as long, but... BUT... it would still be a better playing a populated classic even for a year than playing a dead retail game.

2 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

I don't care what anyone has to say about it, Aion classic will not work in NA, it just won't.

We literally cry salt the second we hear we have to do any level of grinding, do some people think Aion 1.9 is somehow easier/less grindy? Lmao.

The ONLY way Aion classic could work here in the west is if NCWest heavily monetizes it and we all know how we feel about their scumbaggery, so good luck grinding the medals/AP/Resources you need to be viable.

Also magic boost sins were disgusting.

Aion Classic WILL WORK.

I also like to bold and underline words to make them seem definitive.

Oh and if you're wondering why I know it will work... well I also can predict the future and know that "it just will".

4 minutes ago, Aelar-DN said:

You are delusional if you genuinely think classic will work here in the west.

I thought I was the healthcare professional here and the only one with the right to diagnose people? Are you?

Seek psychiatric help from your local mental health facility.

- your friendly healthcare professional

Here is some psychoanalysis I'll provide for you, for free.

What is your purpose here in this topic?

What did you achieve by "predicting" that Aion Classic will never work in NA?

You do realize this topic is for people to sign a petition if they like the idea of a classic server, and for the people that don't want it, don't have to. You do realize that if you sign the petition, you are fighting for the cause... and if you don't sign the petition, well less signatures means less chance of showing that we really do want it, and that's technically fighting against the cause.

So if you're so against an Aion Classic, all you had to do was ignore the petition and not sign. Simple as that.

But no, you had to come on here, to voice your opinion, and not only that, but also have delusional thoughts that you do know what will happen as if you could predict the future, even though there is so much variables within the process that no one knows what could happen.

So the question is why? Why do you feel so obliged to post that it won't work?

Is it perhaps because you are fighting for the idea of it not succeeding so that your experience on retail could be better knowing the fact this won't kill retail? Or if you're not playing retail, is it because you can't see yourself playing Classic whether that's due to reasons of growing up, having responsibilities, having less time to dedicate to the game, or any of the other multiple reasons that will hinder you from being relevant in this game and thus you won't want to feel irrelevant within the Aion population as most North Americans fear exactly that.. being irrelevant. OR, if you're not playing retail, and you're certainly not going to be playing Aion Classic, then it digs even deeper into the idea that you are that sad of a person that comes to post on these forums for merely seeking out attention and feeling of relevance, or even worse... the sadistic thought that you live a miserable life to the point that you want others to suffer such as you do, and in this case you knowing the fact that you won't play Aion Classic for whatever reason, you don't want others to get the joy of it while you can't experience that?

To end this session, there is reasons for all actions, whether applied consciously or subconsciously, and if  you dig a bit deeper, you'd understand why.

In your case, I am curious to know... why?

Once again, what is your purpose in this topic?

Signed! I know a lot of old school players who would want this server. I also don't think it would take a lot of the active people on retail away, they won't want to leave behind the gear they've RMT'd, BCM'd or grinded their fingers down to the bone for.

I don't expect it to be a very long term success, but it will be a ton of fun for a few months to a year I suspect. 

6 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Here is some psychoanalysis I'll provide for you, for free.

What did you achieve by "predicting" that Aion Classic will never work in NA?

You do realize this topic is for people to sign a petition if they like the idea of a classic server, and for the people that don't want it, don't have to. You do realize that if you sign the petition, you are fighting for the cause... and if you don't sign the petition, well less signatures means less chance of showing that we really do want it, and that's technically fighting against the cause.

So if you're so against an Aion Classic, all you had to do was ignore the petition and not sign. Simple as that.

But no, you had to come on here, to voice your opinion, and not only that, but also have delusional thoughts that you do know what will happen as if you could predict the future, even though there is so much variables within the process that no one knows what could happen.

So the question is why? Why do you feel so obliged to post that it won't work?

Is it perhaps because you are fighting for the idea of it not succeeding so that your experience on retail could be better knowing the fact this won't kill retail? Or if you're not playing retail, is it because you can't see yourself playing Classic whether that's due to reasons of growing up, having responsibilities, having less time to dedicate to the game, or any of the other multiple reasons that will hinder you from being relevant in this game and thus you won't want to feel irrelevant within the Aion population as most North Americans fear exactly that.. being irrelevant. OR, if you're not playing retail, and you're certainly not going to be playing Aion Classic, then it digs even deeper into the idea that you are that sad of a person that comes to post on these forums for merely seeking out attention and feeling of relevance, or even worse... the sadistic thought that you live a miserable life to the point that you want others to suffer such as you do, and in this case you knowing the fact that you won't play Aion Classic for whatever reason, you don't want others to get the joy of it while you can't experience that?

To end this session, there is reasons for all actions, whether applied consciously or subconsciously, and if  you dig a bit deeper, you'd understand why.

In your case, I am curious to know... why?

Once again, what is your purpose in this topic?

What are you talking about?

It won't work in the west.

You, and everyone else will be QQ'ing about how grindy and slow it is before you even get your 3rd piece of 40e. Just stop.

44 minutes ago, Aelar-DN said:

You, and everyone else will be QQ'ing about how grindy and slow it is before you even get your 3rd piece of 40e. Just stop.

This man is already playing classic in korea...

52 minutes ago, Aelar-DN said:

Why are you deflecting? Why not just answer the question?

Just to entertain what you said, I am actually playing the Korea Aion Classic right now. Already level 50. Halfway through my pvp accesories. Can't deny it takes time and effort, but if you want a game that doesn't, play Solitaire... or even Aion retail... you can get to 80 in a day no problem. Gear? Don't even have to lift a finger, I'll just buy it all.

Edit: I have literally 0 complaints while having played it in Korea for the past month with about 50 other English speaking people. Well I should say 0 complaints about the game. The only complaint that's not game related is that we are playing with 200 ping with Exitlag and that we are surrounded by Koreans, which makes it harder to run things, but as for the game and the way it released into it's classic state... 0 complains.

3 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

What?

I love how your post probably makes a 100% sense in your head, but I've read it multiple times and I still don't understand where to tie in the knots.

I'm just trying to understand your post. Is the thing you're referring to a joke the fact that it will release in a "few months"? Because if that is so, 6 months technically is a "few months", and if so, that really is a good joke on your part.

As for Elyon online, it hasn't even released yet in Korea, let alone have a date to release in NA. Yes the same company is running the show, but the fact that you're comparing Aion to a whole different game, one that hasn't even released... well, as you say... good joke.

As for the last part of "fall for the same trick twice". Once again, I'm sure it makes a 100% sense in your head, but for future reference, remember that people that you are writing to are not mind readers and that you should put more context to what you write. I'm actually curious though, what trick?

Wow..imagine thinking a few months is 6 months. You might as well say that for a year as well. Why not just classify a year as few to.

I think you need to seek your own advice and go for medical help. Watching you stream classic and seeing how brain dead bordum really shows what you prefer in aion.

Good jokes all around

7 hours ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

I really think we should be looking at a server merger of KT and DN vs adding a 3rd(classic) server that spreads an already sparse player base even thinner. Consider for a minute what that will do to the over all health of the game. Lakrum, Crimson Katalam, and Demaha already feel very empty as is.

But Lakrum, C.Katalam and Demaha are shared servers, so DN and KT are already merged there, the reason they are empty is there is little to no incentive to be there and now we have plenty of maps again (they didn't delete a map whent hey implemented the Timeless Terrace) and in a dead game this makes every map empty.

1 hour ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

Wow..imagine thinking a few months is 6 months. You might as well say that for a year as well. Why not just classify a year as few to.

I think you need to seek your own advice and go for medical help. Watching you stream classic and seeing how brain dead bordum really shows what you prefer in aion.

Good jokes all around

Imagine being so low on the IQ scale that your little brain can't possibly wrap around the fact that 6 months is a few months. I'm personally mind blown by the level of your intellect.

I mean I know you'll probably have a hard time with this one... but think about it for a few minutes... or even take a few days because it might be quite a brain blaster for you. How else do you give someone a vague estimate (in intervals of months) without giving them an exact time? I'll give you a little hint. The answer is ... a few months.

And if you think my stream is boring... imagine how miserable and boring your life must be to be watching a boring streamer play Aion. Pathetic.

3 hours ago, Flatten-KT said:

Signed! I know a lot of old school players who would want this server. I also don't think it would take a lot of the active people on retail away, they won't want to leave behind the gear they've RMT'd, BCM'd or grinded their fingers down to the bone for.

I don't expect it to be a very long term success, but it will be a ton of fun for a few months to a year I suspect. 

I feel like all I've doing so far is trying to knock out toxic people out of this topic in response with toxicity on my end, so a post like this is a delight to read for a change :).

I completely agree with you and I, like you, have the exact thought that this Aion Classic will definitely not last as long as the retail has for the past 11 years, but even if they last for 1-2 years, that will be more then enough time for everybody to enjoy Aion for one last time.

Aion Classic should come.

Retail is already dead. Both servers are pretty much close to the EK server levels.

Is there anyone, ANYONE who actually loves spending time in this version of Aion ? I pretty much doubt it.  I think most people who are still here only play because they can't let go. 

I don't believe in any possible change that could bring back this version to popularity.  And I doubt NC will be able to make enough money to keep these servers opened for a long time.

It was way harder to lv up in the 5x era than it is on classic. There's no problem in being slow, as long as it is slow for everyone. The problem with the game happen when there is an big barrier separating players. 

Had to download the game just to post support for this on the forum... lol.

So since I had to download it anyways, and i've been reading the thread, I logged into retail a few times today... Never saw more than 150 people logged on at once on a sunday evening.. Saw as low as 90.

Hate to tell you, but nothing is pulling players away from your game at this point... it's already dead. After seeing those numbers in person, it really blows my mind how the game is still even up and running. I quit a private server because the numbers were BETTER than current retail and I still considered it dead.

So yeah.. I'd love to see a classic, and i'll bring a ton of people with me! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Imagine being so low on the IQ scale that your little brain can't possibly wrap around the fact that 6 months is a few months. I'm personally mind blown by the level of your intellect.

I mean I know you'll probably have a hard time with this one... but think about it for a few minutes... or even take a few days because it might be quite a brain blaster for you. How else do you give someone a vague estimate (in intervals of months) without giving them an exact time? I'll give you a little hint. The answer is ... a few months.

And if you think my stream is boring... imagine how miserable and boring your life must be to be watching a boring streamer play Aion. Pathetic.

It's not hard to not see your stream with the little views aion gets as a whole. It's funny how you claim my life is boring when you stream a dead game with stream numbers that reflects exactly what you bring to it, nothing. It is rather funny seeing you get mad and all. I don't prefer retail or classic aion as l am indifferent and don't care.

Do you think NC cares about players opinions? Look at what the game has become. If they cared, the game would be miles different to what it is now.

Edit:

and to players thinking 80k is good for a mmo...that's dead game numbers guys.

11 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

What kills the game is class imbalance, RNG and lack of fun/content.

I do not understand how people think classic won't have these but lets see how they implement it if they ever do.

I mean when I think back to classic, balance was a primary problem due to design, and a lot of those siege fixes such as times, hellfire getting locked to one faction and never flipping, divine dredg being bugged, commanders being tanked in a side room by two people.. etc... A lot of changes were implemented to fix things that caused balance to be a major problem, it was just done way too late. The other thing was the server merge of 1.9, combined with a new server location at the very same time, was one of the biggest mismanagements of all time. Hundreds of people quit pretty much the day of the merge.

The other part is, NA at that point was EXTREMELY far behind Korea in patches, our patches were extremely slow and had more problems. We also never got mini-patches the way Korea did with fixes and balance changes, we had to wait entire major patches for things which was absolutely ridiculous.

Aion is a pretty unique game in that server balance is tied directly to the games content and specifically, the faction's available content. That was poor design in my opinion, siege rewards are enough, and factions should have never been completely locked out of anything. It took NC until 4.0+ to realize that problem and fix it.

Now I don't know all the details of classic because I haven't bothered playing it, but, we already see a lot of QOL changes that didn't exist in that era. Forts on a timer, remove shock available pre-2.0, exp rates buffed, UI enhancements, etc...

Population is pretty much capped as well. Servers have around 12,000 player caps and 3 of them are constantly full, with one hovering between 6-10,000. That's while retail servers remained the same (6500 player caps, but 300-500~ online per server, korea retail is pretty much dead as well...)

31 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

I mean when I think back to classic, balance was a primary problem due to design, and a lot of those siege fixes such as times, hellfire getting locked to one faction and never flipping, divine dredg being bugged, commanders being tanked in a side room by two people.. etc... A lot of changes were implemented to fix things that caused balance to be a major problem, it was just done way too late. The other thing was the server merge of 1.9, combined with a new server location at the very same time, was one of the biggest mismanagements of all time. Hundreds of people quit pretty much the day of the merge.

The other part is, NA at that point was EXTREMELY far behind Korea in patches, our patches were extremely slow and had more problems. We also never got mini-patches the way Korea did with fixes and balance changes, we had to wait entire major patches for things which was absolutely ridiculous.

Aion is a pretty unique game in that server balance is tied directly to the games content and specifically, the faction's available content. That was poor design in my opinion, siege rewards are enough, and factions should have never been completely locked out of anything. It took NC until 4.0+ to realize that problem and fix it.

Now I don't know all the details of classic because I haven't bothered playing it, but, we already see a lot of QOL changes that didn't exist in that era. Forts on a timer, remove shock available pre-2.0, exp rates buffed, UI enhancements, etc...

Population is pretty much capped as well. Servers have around 12,000 player caps and 3 of them are constantly full, with one hovering between 6-10,000. That's while retail servers remained the same (6500 player caps, but 300-500~ online per server, korea retail is pretty much dead as well...)

Yeah, honestly, the biggest risk for classic here would be NC mismanagement, which of course we will have some, maybe even a lot. 

Another problem is the behavior of players in game, which we know, would be bad as always.

Archived