Aion Classic Petition

Unbeatable-KT

11 hours ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

I really think we should be looking at a server merger of KT and DN vs adding a 3rd(classic) server that spreads an already sparse player base even thinner. Consider for a minute what that will do to the over all health of the game. Lakrum, Crimson Katalam, and Demaha already feel very empty as is. It maybe we successful in other regions but they have the spread to maintain it. I am intrigued by the notion of reliving  some of the old content but at the same time i dont want to see Aion NA servers die even further. Its all ready in the ICU, why try to slap it with a dose of adrenaline when its too weak? Focus on the change and repairs we need first to get more people back. Save that shot for when its stronger. IMO

The point of Aion Classic is to bring back the nostalgic old times, and bring back that original player base that will then integrate back into the current game. Well, that’s the idea of it. KT is dying and DN is dead (at least on elyos side). Combining the servers will create more players in maps like Inggi but that’s it. There won’t be a change in the players in Katalam or Danaria, or Lakrum. There will be the same amount of players, just all in one server. 

Aion classic is supposed to be the way to bring back a MASSIVE group of players. The original players. And have them get back into the game, possibly play more into the current updates. Or spend money on the BCM for skins, motions, buffs etc. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Behaviors would be good if there're rules enforcing even in a japanese server if there's no rules everything will turn into chaos.
So yep everyone can be good if GMs act and punish people who misconduct game rules.

I know it's not reality of how people wanna act or feel  but again I do not wish to live in a lawless world.
I don't have a faith on NCwest managements at all maybe we need NCwest reform first before classic coming to NA ? 😂

I think in Korea they already planned beyond 2.7 (the current goal of classic server).I do not know if we going to have original 3.0 or altered 3.0 or completely reworked 3.0 but I hope they will make pve/pvp/housing/crafting contents for everyone and not forcing anyone to do pve or pvp to play the game.

And no,no more loot boxes p2w gacha those can stay on live server.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Yeah, honestly, the biggest risk for classic here would be NC mismanagement, which of course we will have some, maybe even a lot. 

Another problem is the behavior of players in game, which we know, would be bad as always.

Tbh this is a non factor issue. I have seen plenty of korean's using teleporting hacks in the middle of PvP spamming at us in korean and also the servers are filled with bots.

I say koreans but we have no way of actually knowing if they are. They just spam stuff like gtfo our server foreigner.

12 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Tbh this is a non factor issue. I have seen plenty of korean's using teleporting hacks in the middle of PvP spamming at us in korean and also the servers are filled with bots.

I say koreans but we have no way of actually knowing if they are. They just spam stuff like gtfo our server foreigner.

The teleport thing is not a hack, is what the Koreans call a sidestep. Also, theres the flight bug that can be used to teleport but only in flight pvp.

20 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Yeah, honestly, the biggest risk for classic here would be NC mismanagement, which of course we will have some, maybe even a lot. 

Another problem is the behavior of players in game, which we know, would be bad as always.

I can only imagine how awful it can be if there is the old time rifting. Also probably bots will be like 99% of the population of the server.

Aion classic 1.5 version like we had when it first came to NA would be awesome! 

Make BCM for it cosmetic or potions/scrolls/food/shards only like the BCM was suppose to be when it first came out for it.

Hell they could even just charge a $5 sub fee monthly to play on it and I'd play it everyday. 

8 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

The teleport thing is not a hack, is what the Koreans call a sidestep. Also, theres the flight bug that can be used to teleport but only in flight pvp.

Yea i dunno about that. Why would it be called hacking on our server when players have their run speed set to high on the tool but sidestep in Korea?

Aion becomes 6th most played game in Korea passing WoW and Maple Story 

3 months prior and for the past 2 years Aion hasnt even been in the top 50 in Korea, let alone being currently one of the most played games there behind only huge titles like Pubg and League of Legends.

It's now been a month since release and it has only grown since. From 30K to now peaking well over 50K players and growing. All servers are pretty much at cap.

Important to note retail numbers have basically not moved an inch. The servers are still dead with 300~500 players per server. Also... Important to note this is not F2P, aion classic is mostly subscription based. It's basically killing it in Korea!

44 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

3 months prior and for the past 2 years Aion hasnt even been in the top 50 in Korea, let alone being currently one of the most played games there behind only huge titles like Pubg and League of Legends.

It's now been a month since release and it has only grown since. From 30K to now peaking well over 50K players and growing. All servers are pretty much at cap.

Important to note retail numbers have basically not moved an inch. The servers are still dead with 300~500 players per server. Also... Important to note this is not F2P, aion classic is mostly subscription based. It's basically killing it in Korea!

40% player base 60% bots. It makes sense why companies do not ban bots in KR now.

45 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Aion has been in top 25 for years on years literally the same site you posted from has had Aion 16,17,18 for the last 6 months. I will agree it is in fact a huge jump but Aion was always only slightly under WoW, Lineage, and BDO in Korea

8 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Aion has been in top 25 for years on years literally the same site you posted from has had Aion 16,17,18 for the last 6 months. I will agree it is in fact a huge jump but Aion was always only slightly under WoW, Lineage, and BDO in Korea

Sorry will edit, checked last 2yrs and it hovers between 16~25 week to week. Edit: apparently I can't edit the previous post. What kind of forum is NCW running, here? lol..

11 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

40% player base 60% bots. It makes sense why companies do not ban bots in KR now.

Every MMO has bots and RMT unfortunately, it's kind of a mute point, and nowhere near "60%."

Just now, Vinley-KT said:

Sorry will edit, checked last 2yrs and it hovers between 16~25 week to week

Regardless yes this is the biggest leap in rank Aion has seen in a long while, there are many many players playing it in the Cafe's everyday now. I wish to note that this is very common for games even though I can't really compare with WoW, Aion is an older game as well so a lot of player even ones who are older have come back to enjoy some time in their time off from work. That being said we have to be honest the comment from @HealingSquid-KT is also, maybe not 100% accurate on the number but, the comment is a true one as well.

33 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Every MMO has bots and RMT unfortunately, it's kind of a mute point, and nowhere near "60%."

I get every MMO has RMT and bots but the amount that are on at the very least elyos/asmo Zikel(the server i am on) is insane. If you attack a bot(or get in their farm location) by accident you are getting zerged down by at minimum 5 other bots. Legitimately watching groups of lvl 50 hit a group of bots and lose to 20+ bots. That is Aion classic right now on KR. 

I saw every official server having bot problems even in ghost servers like Aion NA 😛

I believed it's at the point to no point banning bots now because it's automate system that never give up to tired.
Instead using one email for one account ,I suggest one email for all accounts.

And don't ban bots just ban kinah buyers no buyers = no bots ,same as hack don't ban cheaters just lawsuits cheat makers.
If bots and hacks don't make money for them then nobody will use bots and hacks.

As I said many times before no fair = no fun = no people = no money.
Why a lot of people choose to play in private servers ? because most of them free from bots and hackers xD (doesn't mean it's a paradise just said they deal with this problem)

14 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Why a lot of people choose to play in private servers ? because most of them free from bots and hackers xD (doesn't mean it's a paradise just said they deal with this problem)

P servers free of hackers thats rich its a hacker paradise because its so loosely overseen you essentially do as you please on p servers.

But as far as the bots there are a good number of them but this is normal. Since it runs a seperate client from the Retail I don't believe it runs the same program retail does to combat this only tell will tell if they decide to do anything about this but nonetheless there are plenty of plays and even on Afreeca there are many many more broadcasters for Aion so there is defenitely even with bot numbers unless all of these broadcasters are also using viewbots ^^ lol them maybe you are right and I am mistaken. Anyways all the Classic talk will just have to wait 6mo before we could really assess the strength and viability of Classic there or even begin to think of it anywhere else

I did try somerthing else beside Aion such as Tera, Archeage, BDO and even V4 but non of them make me happy yet :P

I'm moving from 4.6 server to something else like 4.8 simply because 4.6 owner got greedy. My goal is never about gears it's about happiness :)
I know about Elyon (Very sound like elyos lol) but I can't really play on unreleased game  so well I might give a shot when it released xD

Well I'm going to try infamous 4.8 and see if it's really bad as everybody think.
About classic Aion I think it will eventually come here I really wish it's managing by some 3rd party publisher (maybe even gameforge) because I think they should have more power to talk to NC HQ and more ability to change the game.

Again p servers are not paradises they just having lesser bot/hacker problems than retail (I believed so o_O ?)

I don't really believed in modern games much even old games that keep getting updates because I believed they build with microtransactions in mind to having fun.
But before microtransactions era games can be ruin with a lot of things such as elitism ,racism ,cheats. P2W is a part of problems but not all bad things of the world causing by it. Jealousy made you reacted very negatively to P2W. Yep I can't let all of it go yet 😛I accepted microtransactions have to be there but not to the point it completely overshadow me.

Been playing since around launch in 2009. I loved the game all the way up to 4.7 even if there were some things I also disliked or even hated about it. 4.8 was terrible to me but I persevered. 5.X was even worse but I forced myself to stomach even that. 6.X pushed me out completely. 7.X made me wonder why I even thought I should give it a chance. Make no mistake, I do at least attempt to give the game a shake with each new patch, but each time I end up finding more that I hate than I like. The majority of my friends jumped ship between 4.8-5.0

At this point only a classic server will really bring me back and I know some of them would be willing to return as well if the game they actually liked was re-implemented.  Aion as it is today is not the game we (my friends and I) fell in love with. It's certainly not the game I originally paid hard cash for.

A classic server from our point of view would of course work since so many are already playing in Korea, not to mention anyone playing this games know you can make a KILLING with offering skins etc.

The problem lays with the bean counters and how they view everything. You have to remember, this is the same company that killed City Of Heroes  and that game had a much larger fan base behind it and NCsoft still ignored them.  If you aren't familiar with that story, I suggest you look into it, learn from it and if you're honestly willing to put in the time and energy,  come up with an action plan that will appeal to people who care for nothing more than $$$.

You'll differently have a better chance if you see it from their point of view.

I didn't start playing Aion until 5.1, so I have no lost love for the earlier times. That said, I would give Classic Aion a chance if it were to come here. I don't know that I would last on it, but I'd try it. Basically, why not at this point. I really only log in Aion to do pve with friends, 1-3 hours per day. I used to play 4-6 hours per day on weekdays and up to 12 hours on weekends (yikes lol). Boyfriend only logs in Aion when I ask him to do pve with me. He probably doesn't enjoy it, but just wants to make me happy. 😂 We just don't like the current patches we're getting. The pvp we used to love is gone. There hasn't been a fun pvp patch since probably 6.5 in open world Lakrum. The pve is restrictive in that we basically have to run with our static groups in order to get things done. This is okay... I guess... but I like just throwing out a random lfg and meeting new people. The little side things I used to do back in 5.x, like hunt down old titles and quests and look for cool screenshot places, is pretty much gone. So if I'm not doing pve, there's not much else to do, and I might as well play a different game at that point. (I've finally got through a lot of my backlog of Steam purchases, so silver lining, I guess? lmao) I doubt Classic Aion would hold us forever, but eh, worth some amount of time, I guess.

49 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I didn't start playing Aion until 5.1, so I have no lost love for the earlier times. That said, I would give Classic Aion a chance if it were to come here. I don't know that I would last on it, but I'd try it. Basically, why not at this point.

I played all patches since the beginning. The nostalgia is part of the old innocent times, like I played Lineage II religiously but I would never in my sane life go back to playing that game again. We were just hooked on something new for that time and we were younger and those days the games were on their early baby years.

The thing with old aion was that it was getting upgrades on every patch, Aion 1.0 would be awful by today's standard, imagine a ton of little things didn't exist, like you couldn't shift+right click on an item and buy the amount you want, you had to click each one, auto opening of pouches didn't exist yet, and these are just a tiny mention of a lot of things that make life easier now that didn't exist back then (I can't remember  them all now).

You also had to go to NPCs for the most things while now we have the item window that does it all (which is a 6.x addition so you defo had time to play with some old mechanics).

Obviously the little things mentioned above would be fixed in an Aion Classic.

^^^^^

Other than that the game had a lot of issues with character imbalance like we have now, or features people disliked, but in every patch we kinda felt like whatever didn't work, they would fix it. And fixing things would also bring new things (that could work or not, but they were first implementations in every patch and had to be tested)

Obviously around the late 4.x patch they started ruining the game with that Eternal Bastion thing that literally was one of the reasons close to 1/3 of the population went away and then 5.x brought a ton of bad things and more people quitting.

~~~

Of course nothing will ever beat 6.0 when ti comes to a game destruction, they went against every common sense possible, deleted years of game design, retardified the game by deleting 90% of it and keeping a petty 10%, they fixed it a little bit in 6.5 and then went full retard on 7.0 patch where every mini patch was more awful than the previous one, reaching 7.7, the most stale patch in history of aion so far (because 6.0/6.2 was awful but people came to try it and stayed until 6.5 which made it playable, 7.0 was active because people wanted to play the 2-button Vandal and really fast became bored on the next patches).

I love the positive posts on this second page compared to some of the toxic posts on the first page.

Instead of commenting to all separate posts, I'll just gather my thoughts in one post, and agree with what a lot of you have said, and also give you a little insight of my own opinion and own experience thus far playing the Korean Classic.

1) Someone mentioned that the game has spiked up the charts in Korea from it being somewhere around the 15th most popular game to play to coming all the way up to it being the 6th most popular game one month into it's release. It's amazing, and that statistic itself should show people what bringing back a Classic could potentially do.

Livo is the guy that created MyAion DPS meter, and he was one of the guys that was with us on discord preparing to start the Aion Classic in Korea. He has the ability to do a count of how many people are on each server and what the server capacity is. When he did exactly this a few days before the Classic released in Korea, it showed about 500 people per server on the retail servers, with 6 servers running. That means there were about 3,000, even if we were to say 4,000 people playing Aion retail in Korea.

When he did his magic when Aion Classic came out that very day, there were 2 servers, 10k players logged in each server, and about 5-8k players in queue for each server during those first hours. There were approximately 30k players on release.

Just more recently he did his magic again, and now the Aion Classic went from 2 servers initially, to 5 servers, each hosting 12k players, with them all being full during Korean prime time, and some even still having queues. That averages out to about 50-60k players currently during the peak times.

The point of all these statistics that I'm pointing out is A) to show you that Aion Classic after a month has almost doubled it's population in comparison to what usually happens with a new game releases and that is usually a downward trend in the population from their releases, and B) that these numbers of 50-60k players currently playing Aion Classic, make the retail numbers of 3k players look quite insignificant.

What this means is that I think a lot of people are doubting the fact how big the release could be in NA. I sure don't think that we will have as high of a player influx ratio (1:17 retail:classic) as Korea did, but I sure as hell guarantee you we will definitely have much more players than we currently have playing our dead retailed game, which is hardly 500 players all together between the 2 servers.

2) Bots.

If people have been playing MMOs for the past decade or more, you shouldn't be surprised to see bots in game. I never had a problem with bots. I run end game content. Is a bot going to join my level  50 instance or take away my level 50 farm? No. Are they going to effect my pvp gaming at level 50? No.

Bots as we've learned from Aion's history and as well as from many other games is an unavoidable part of the game. But why does it bother you? I personally don't see it hindering any of my game play, so what specifically bothers people about bots?

I'm actually curious to know the answer to this question specifically aimed at the people that feel troubled by having bots in game.

As Squid said, there are bots in game, but I can't agree with his % ratio. I'd say the population currently in Korea is max about 25% bots, and 75% players.

But hey, if anything kudos to NCsoft. The bots are buying subscriptions and if it is anywhere close to 25% bots, that means 12.5k of the 50k people are bots, and that would mean 12.5k x $25 = $312,500 coming on a monthly basis from bots. If you ask me, that's keeping the servers running, attracting even more people to join due to the inflated numbers, and even preventing them from resorting a complete P2W system.

Win, win, win.

3) I can guarantee people that we will have a huge player base upon release of Aion Classic. The life (mainly longevity) of the server, will partially depend on NCsoft and how they implement it, but MOST of it will depend on how the community treats it. The current Aion community that plays retail is the most toxic community I've ever played with in the past 20 years of gaming. If anything I'd honestly love to see the current retail players keep playing retail and avoid coming to the classic all together, because that type of toxicity will not help the game. The people that are coming back to the game are more down to earth people and have that capability to regrow the game in a healthier gaming community.

On the other hand, if you have played any of the recent expansions of Aion, remind yourself that the Classic has a lot more grind to it before you come to play it. I personally love it as it actually feels rewarding compared to any of the items I've obtained in the past few expansion of the current retail. I currently play the Korean Classic, and I don't think I can describe in words how rewarding it feels just to get 1x L30 PvP accessories after a few days of pvping or grinding. You have to come in with a mentality that you won't be served everything on a silver platter, and you won't have all the best gear within a month such as the current retail gives you the opportunity to do so. I've always been an elite when it comes to playing any game, and Aion is one of them, and I thought that since I don't play as much as some of the Koreans do (surprisingly some are on 24/7), and that means people are already more geared than I am, I can still have fun focusing on the fact that I'm reliving the nostalgic feeling and not feeling bummed out that people are that ahead of me.

Point is, if you're an elitist, and you only have 2-3 hours a day to play, come in with a more casual mentality and you will enjoy your gaming experience. You have to keep in mind, the hours you put in the Aion Classic directly reflects your progression. Which if you ask me is like any skill in life. Any other players that are more so casual, come in with the mentality that you won't be given out free shit as some of you that play retail have began to expect the company to do so, but instead, take your time in leveling and gearing, and just keep at the back of your mind that it is a journey that will take months and not weeks... but that in itself will be the reason for you to play the game that much longer than in comparison to people playing a new retail expansion, getting their new items and quitting within a month.

THE CHERRY ON TOP

It has been only 2 days that the petition has been up and we already have 112 signatures.

That's the same number of Elyos active during prime time on KT (the more populated of the 2 servers in NA).

Keep spreading the word and sharing the link to the old friends that might be interested in playing a true Classic.

12 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

1) Someone mentioned that the game has spiked up the charts in Korea from it being somewhere around the 15th most popular game to play to coming all the way up to it being the 6th most popular game one month into it's release. It's amazing, and that statistic itself should show people what bringing back a Classic could potentially do.

Livo is the guy that created MyAion DPS meter, and he was one of the guys that was with us on discord preparing to start the Aion Classic in Korea. He has the ability to do a count of how many people are on each server and what the server capacity is. When he did exactly this a few days before the Classic released in Korea, it showed about 500 people per server on the retail servers, with 6 servers running. That means there were about 3,000, even if we were to say 4,000 people playing Aion retail in Korea.

When he did his magic when Aion Classic came out that very day, there were 2 servers, 10k players logged in each server, and about 5-8k players in queue for each server during those first hours. There were approximately 30k players on release.

Just more recently he did his magic again, and now the Aion Classic went from 2 servers initially, to 5 servers, each hosting 12k players, with them all being full during Korean prime time, and some even still having queues. That averages out to about 50-60k players currently during the peak times.

The point of all these statistics that I'm pointing out is A) to show you that Aion Classic after a month has almost doubled it's population in comparison to what usually happens with a new game releases and that is usually a downward trend in the population from their releases, and B) that these numbers of 50-60k players currently playing Aion Classic, make the retail numbers of 3k players look quite insignificant.

What this means is that I think a lot of people are doubting the fact how big the release could be in NA. I sure don't think that we will have as high of a player influx ratio (1:17 retail:classic) as Korea did, but I sure as hell guarantee you we will definitely have much more players than we currently have playing our dead retailed game, which is hardly 500 players all together between the 2 servers.

The only issue that I have with this is Aion being the 16th most played game in Korea it could not be possible if there were only 3k-4k players on Retail. There is no way that it would even meet this mark for months on end. However I do think days before the patch hit as there was a cap on the anniversary event and Tia eye had ended the prior week less people weren't wishing to grind garden and the daevanion skill books and later items were much less worth. Also I can assure you that my legion has about 248 give or take players in it and during siege WB runs we generally have 3 alliances worth of legion members go and Siege/PvP instance times we see close to all of those players logged in. We aren't even close to the largest legion so I am unsure how our legion alone would equate for half the server population. 

Again not discounting the good increase seen from Classic but there are many players I see even now at 1am logged into retail both are working quite well plays are coming back and forth with the Pangea event going on in Retail. It's less of a whats better and more its making the game better as a whole. I have heard from some of the players I play with on Classic they will be leaving to go back to WoW for Shadowlands. Also some wont be renewing this month and only play during the free times so they can play Cyberpunk

So, the question is

Is anyone from NC listening ? Are they seeing this ? Anyone from NC will say anything OFFICIAL regarding classic comiing to NA ?

Bringing this to NA should be effortless, translation is already done, voice acting probably entire done. I don't see a reason why this would be hard to implement.

Archived