The Final Nail...

GenericUser40252

So on the second enchantment attempt... it fails...and with it, the weapon is destroyed. A weapon I spent Real World money on in the BCM.

I remember when my Girlfriend, now Wife told me I should give up Guild Wars and go to gamestop and buy this 'New Game' that was coming out called Aion. I did...and I bought the expansion / bonus pack also. I paid my monthly subscription price and began my journey thru this wonderful land.

I remember grinding...and grinding...and grinding. I remember getting 'ganked' by a 'Twink' Sin in the desert and looking at his lvl 30 full Dev set of blue armor with envy.

The abyss was always my favorite place. Friends and Enemies going after sieges.

Change comes.... change is mostly good... sometimes...

I've spent well over ten grand for me and the wife of real world dollars on this game.... the wife left when they closed The Eye.

And now, I am gone.

I know many people that have quit Aion due to excessive RNG failure over the years. It has been bought up in the forums countless times.

I have mentioned previously that I will never buy something on BCM, with real money, which involves RNG, as I consider that to be online gambling.

It does state when you try to enchant that failure could result in the destruction of the item. So honestly you are taking the chance. I would never pay real money for something that has far worse enchant rate than anything else in game and it literally can just go poof before your eyes. I won't tell people what they should or shouldn't spend their money on as I am not their family or financial advisor, but to me at least its plain to see some of the choices people get upset about in this game is their fault.

The game is not perfect at all, never has been, but the mistakes people make and blame on game state is essentially only their own fault. RNG has become more prevelant in F2P games because it is essentially the best way to incentivize players to spend on their games. So we know what this means, if you don't like the temptation of the easy/fast charge trap best suggestion is don't play f2p games.

I wish Aion didn't have so much charge in it but I mean the game is free so it has to make money somehow. At least nothing you can buy you can't get in game with time and effort

The final nail has been long time ago with class imbalance, everything else is just small talk. Tanks hit harder than ex-dps classes and they have the survivability of a world boss. And I say ex-dps because you are no longer a dps class when your enemy takes no damage from you but you take 10.000~20.000 dmg per skill they do to you.

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The final nail has been long time ago with class imbalance, everything else is just small talk. Tanks hit harder than ex-dps classes and they have the survivability of a world boss. And I say ex-dps because you are no longer a dps class when your enemy takes no damage from you but you take 10.000~20.000 dmg per skill they do to you.

Yup. Also getting hit for 70k+ when you're in +15 PvP gear is a bit of a turn off. 

4 minutes ago, Flatten-KT said:

Yup. Also getting hit for 70k+ when you're in +15 PvP gear is a bit of a turn off. 

I didn't get 70k dmg myself but I sure got enough to have like 1/3 of my HP bar go down in 1 hit while I was perma-disabled and 2~3 more hits later I was dead... and it wasn't from another "dps class" it usually is an ex-tank or hybrid. Whoever thought that having templars hitting like they are vandals on steroids, is a good mechanic is an idiot.

I used to be told I am a "cc" class, yeah tel that to all those paralyzing classes, or pulling classes, or perma-stun classes and knockdown classes, now that is what I call a true CC.

1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

Aion RNG is hated by almost 100% of the player base

Noby like RNG except that idiot Sywo who made a video explaining how he likes RNG because it feels like gambling and he was showing his wallet and smiling as if it is an achievement to have to pay to progress.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Noby like RNG except that idiot Sywo who made a video explaining how he likes RNG because it feels like gambling and he was showing his wallet and smiling as if it is an achievement to have to pay to progress.

Who doesn't love people that just shove their money into everyone's faces and waste it on a game thats dead anyways. Wasn't he also the one that said if aion put enchant stones on the bcm he would quit and never come back?

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Who doesn't love people that just shove their money into everyone's faces and waste it on a game thats dead anyways. Wasn't he also the one that said if aion put enchant stones on the bcm he would quit and never come back?

I think he said that yes, he was also the biggest advocate and advertiser of Aion 6.0 and he said "this will revive aion, it is the best version ever" and he was playing it in the test server already so he knew what the game looked like. Everything he ever said in his videos ended up the exact opposite in the actual game.

I want him to tell me 64 numbers out of 1~69 and 25 numbers out of 1~26... I'll use the ones he didn't say to play Powerball and win me a billion in US lottery.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, GenericUser40252 said:

So on the second enchantment attempt... it fails...and with it, the weapon is destroyed. A weapon I spent Real World money on in the BCM.

I remember when my Girlfriend, now Wife told me I should give up Guild Wars and go to gamestop and buy this 'New Game' that was coming out called Aion. I did...and I bought the expansion / bonus pack also. I paid my monthly subscription price and began my journey thru this wonderful land.

I remember grinding...and grinding...and grinding. I remember getting 'ganked' by a 'Twink' Sin in the desert and looking at his lvl 30 full Dev set of blue armor with envy.

The abyss was always my favorite place. Friends and Enemies going after sieges.

Change comes.... change is mostly good... sometimes...

I've spent well over ten grand for me and the wife of real world dollars on this game.... the wife left when they closed The Eye.

And now, I am gone.

Just had to login to ask.. What exactly was wrong with Guild Wars that your wife said that. I mean other than at that point Guild Wars was out for 8 years and was dying? But Guild Wars was still a far better game compared to Aion. I've played both. My opinion of course. Unlimited skill options, you could be 2 classes, pve was excellent, pvp was fun.

On 2/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, Flatten-KT said:

This is what pisses me off the most... i’m in full +15 bitterhorn, pop the 1000pvp damage reducition + 20k shield, comes a CLERIC and kill me under 1 second..... and if I try to deal damage, it’s HP doesn’t even move before i’m dead!

2 hours ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

This is what pisses me off the most... i’m in full +15 bitterhorn, pop the 1000pvp damage reducition + 20k shield, comes a CLERIC and kill me under 1 second..... and if I try to deal damage, it’s HP doesn’t even move before i’m dead!

The whole 7.x patch relies on these broken gear mechanics. 6.x believe it or not, was actually the best (6.5/6.7) because everyone would reach end game gear, there were no tricky items, no special items, nothing weird.

Now it is practically impossible to reach end game, there are things you can't even have to reach it, and getting bitterthorn+15 is defo not even halfway there. Even +15 daevanions/stigmas etc are not enough.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:29 AM, Thorine-KT said:

We are kicking a dead horse at this point. If NCwest/NCsoft had any interest in making it a better gaming experience, they would have by now.  If Aion Classic comes out, I may play that. I think my time on retail is coming to an end.

The problem started when Aion went from the "subscription" business model to "free to play",  almost all MMORPGs that were "free to play" eventually turned into "pay to win"  and that's when the player base starts to leave. They would be better off sticking with the subscription model, and getting the price competitive. eg. $5US/mth. not $15/mth. Games like Guildwars went half way and became "buy to play" which is better than "free to play" but still can drift towards "pay to win" if the management gets greedy.

Archived