Classic servers - Estimated release date?

Pipum-EK

33 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Aion classic can be released at the same time FF14 gets released because FF14's player base is 99.95% PvErs. New world and Elyon are both promoted with PvP as one of its main features. 

All be it even if Aion classic gets a perfect release there are still going to be issues that are going to drive players away from the game simply because it is very hardcore when it comes to players ability to grief.

The issue will be releasing Classic alongside other big releases. It's happened many times before, if one company releases a game when there's a big one out there coming, there's always poor sales since players have to be split, knowing well that most are working adults and have maybe not so much free time. I'm not concerned too much about the release date more than I wonder about what kind of model will it be. Subscription? Gold Pack thing like in EU?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

So, your first thought is log into forums, deny my opinion and then assume I haven't been playing for years. I think you got the wrong person, even more so, delusional if you think NCWest has been doing any "good" job.

Maybe stick to talking about the topic on hand rather than target random people on forums? Save yourself the trouble.

my point is NCsoft is never releasing patch notes 1 hour before the patch goes live. It always come 1 day before or the night Kibbelz/Cyan usually posts maintenance notes

3 minutes ago, Arkanus-DN said:

my point is NCsoft is never releasing patch notes 1 hour before the patch goes live. It always come 1 day before or the night Kibbelz/Cyan usually posts maintenance notes

Cyan hasn't posted on these forums for a whole year. I thought you knew this?

You guys are going to get me extremely pissy real quick. I have no clue why @Kubei-DN is going off into a tangent about pay models, the thread is about when to release / when it will release. Frankly I have no clue why this topic is still alive as it won't have any meaningful influence on when the game will actually be released and further discussion at this time does nothing but make Classic vulnerable.

I don't know why you guys think Classic can hold its ground around anything new, especially since NCSoft has a horrible reputation. Releasing during a dead period would be wise. End of discussion really.

9 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

You guys are going to get me extremely pissy real quick. I have no clue why @Kubei-DN is going off into a tangent about pay models, the thread is about when to release / when it will release. Frankly I have no clue why this topic is still alive as it won't have any meaningful influence on when the game will actually be released and further discussion at this time does nothing but make Classic vulnerable.

I don't know why you guys think Classic can hold its ground around anything new, especially since NCSoft has a horrible reputation. Releasing during a dead period would be wise. End of discussion really.

Because Korea has decided to release Classic under a subscription model, and is very successful. It would make sense to question that alongside with the Western release. It's not that hard to connect the dots.

On 6/5/2021 at 7:40 PM, Kubei-DN said:

Lack of advertisement usually leads to little to no success.

NCWest is extremely slow at what they do, so it may come by the end of the year, or after that.

This is so true... NCwest really under uses their advertisement budget... If they were smart they'd be sending out emails to all the players they can, old and new, to get the hype up. They also could and should do the bring a friend promo again like they use to have where each account could invite 1 new player for X amount of free NCoin for both of them, they had it limited per account so you couldn't really abuse it. They also could be doing live Twitch Streams to tease us. There's so much they could be doing right now to bring the hype, but instead they just post on their dead social media that no one gets notifications for anymore due to lack of inactivity. 

6 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

This 100%. It does not matter whether Classic come out before or at the same time as New World. Elyon is complete garbage gameplay. Current Aion is better than Elyon ever will be so no need to worry about Elyon pulling from Aion. New World will pull from Aion no matter what they do.

Here's my reasoning behind the release date though, NCwest typically follows suit with how PlayNC does their Aion Anniversary stuff. Classic was essentially an anniversary "gift" to players. I fully believe it will also be an anniversary or later release here for that same reason. They tease it now without any announcement to get players hyped then put it out during or at the end of our anniversary events. I don't see it being ready in the next two months at all, and it's best to be realistic and expect it to be here later rather than sooner.

EU gets 7.9 part 2 this month so we will most likely see it end of July similar to how we got part 1 a month later, so sit back and relax and they'll eventually announce a release date.

@Vinley-KT @HealingSquid-KT @Pharoahra-DN @Kubei-DN

You guys are saying NCWest better release Classic before Elyon, or not at all and how they should market it better and not by mouth or this and that, but they have no clue of what other MMORPGS are doing and why are they successful or not, nor do they ever had a reasonable strategy on when to say or do something.

NCWest be like:

werwer.jpg

14 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You guys are saying NCWest better release Classic before Elyon, or not at all and how they should market it better and not by mouth or this and that, but they have no clue of what other MMORPGS are doing and why are they successful or not, nor do they ever had a reasonable strategy on when to say or do something.

I never said "they better", at least that wasn't my aim. I know for a fact Classic will not release anytime soon, but rather closer to the end of the year. I was saying, if NCWest wishes for some success with Classic, they could release it earlier before the big titles hit the scene. Needless to say, since I can't hold myself commenting on Elyon here... I can't say Elyon is any good, it's basically a washed down BDO mix with TERA controls, one big map with a horizontal line going across and that shows "factions" on each side. Even Humans and Elves have no visible differences from each other except for the ears. I only did OW PvP as Mystic against other Mystic which went on forever and we got bored.

And yes, I did play Elyon closed beta a while ago. It's really nothing special.

For me the most important about Aion is a choice.

Aion 6.0 destroyed our choices to choose from skins, housing, craft everything melt together into PvP ultimate goal because that suppose most people believed what they should do.

Let me give some example to help you understand why this is bad let say most people like pop music so we erase every other types of music because only minority  listening or Marvel is only studio that making good superhero movies so we erase all other superhero movies from other studios. Would that make you happy ? You don't happy because you can't make a choice. And that's NC did to us simplified everything and forced you to do what they think it's best for you and what you suppose to do without giving any choices.

I think everyone should respect other people opinions if they don't want to do PvP or seek ultimate power don't assuming they're inferior or stupid. They just doing what they like. Only stupid people think their tools are their ultimate powers and without them they're useless.

I'm not even going to comment how NC should do or do not it's just waste of time. Only money talk can change their opinions not how the game should operating.

They've been teasing a Classic post every 2 days on Twitter and Facebook at noon for the past 10 days...

They're not going to do that for 6 months and release classic at the end of the year... That would be the most cringe marketing blunder of all time, even for NCW standards.

It also doesn't matter if elyon is bad, which it is; historically, MMO players tend to flock to each new MMO release. It's why every company in the industry tries pretty hard to stagger releases.

But whatever, speculation doesn't matter much at this point, but I'm pretty confident it's going to be sooner rather than later. Maybe wrong, and if so, it just makes NCW look even more incompetent given their attempt at building up hype every 48hr for the past two weeks. I just hope they have more planned than some fringe automated social media posts to market a game in 2021... 

8 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

I just hope they have more planned than some fringe automated social media posts to market a game in 2021... 

This is where i say do not get your hopes up to much, Word of mouth was their promotion method for MxM.

52 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is where i say do not get your hopes up to much, Word of mouth was their promotion method for MxM.

Oh man... I forgot about MxM, that game was actually amazing. If it wasn't for the atrocious lag because they built it on a P2P networking system, I think it had insane potential. Skins were a bit lazy and some balancing issues but damn I had a lot of fun. Real shame.

It's amazing how good NC's developers are at actually producing quality games with some amazing ideas and mechanics, and how bad the overall company is at virtually everything else. If you removed the leadership driving their products into the ground, or setting them up for failure, and let the developers actually focus on what they do best they'd likely be operating some of the most played games in the world. Their developers are insanely talented! Everyone else... not so much...

3 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Oh man... I forgot about MxM, that game was actually amazing. If it wasn't for the atrocious lag because they built it on a P2P networking system, I think it had insane potential. Skins were a bit lazy and some balancing issues but damn I had a lot of fun. Real shame.

It's amazing how good NC's developers are at actually producing quality games with some amazing ideas and mechanics, and how bad the overall company is at virtually everything else. If you removed the leadership driving their products into the ground, or setting them up for failure, and let the developers actually focus on what they do best they'd likely be operating some of the most played games in the world. Their developers are insanely talented! Everyone else... not so much...

The quality of work being done by everyone at NCSoft right now is so abysmal. They posted an event today and yet again, it barely makes any sense, has the wrong rewards pasted into it and is just a freaking mess. Of course they post it at the end of the day where everyone has left and so we'll just have to see tomorrow if we can even figure out what is going on with it. 

It is also very obvious that no one over here knows what is going on/with the game. I'm worried for classic because of this... We'll see  what kind of crazy shit people can come up with to exploit things w/o the GMs realizing in a decent amount of time (e.g. the stormwing egg transfer fiasco that happened here). 

13 minutes ago, Crush said:

The quality of work being done by everyone at NCSoft right now is so abysmal. They posted an event today and yet again, it barely makes any sense, has the wrong rewards pasted into it and is just a freaking mess. Of course they post it at the end of the day where everyone has left and so we'll just have to see tomorrow if we can even figure out what is going on with it. 

It is also very obvious that no one over here knows what is going on/with the game. I'm worried for classic because of this... We'll see  what kind of crazy shit people can come up with to exploit things w/o the GMs realizing in a decent amount of time (e.g. the stormwing egg transfer fiasco that happened here). 

Problem is how convoluted and aged the current build of the game is, that unless you play the game religiously, you're unlikely to know anything about the mechanics. This is the problem with NCW staff. They're absolutely oblivious to huge portions of the game and it's painfully obvious. It was never as bad as the things I read about on forums now, and I can only imagine how many things never even get posted to forums, and just ignored because people are just use to dealing with it.

It's not entirely NCWs fault because you can't expect them to be able to find staff for every game who actually play the game, or are devoted to it in a way that current aion requires you to be, to actually understand all the new mechanics... It's really the fault of the direction the game took in Korea. I mean I look at aion now and I just see a convoluted mess filled with an unreasonable amount of things that shouldn't be in the game at all. The game didn't have ways to monetize, so the leadership just continuously pressured their developers every patch to put in more and more mechanics that could be sold through the cash shop and progressed only through events. This has been happening now for 6 years and we're at the end result; the game is literally unrecognizable. The first time I looked at my character profile I just went "What the FK is all this shit?"

The best thing that NCW could do for Classic is nothing. We don't need their P2W events, we don't need them to update the cash shop, give us a subscription and leave us the nyerk alone. Lock character creation based on population count, maybe release some new skins every week and stay the FK away from us. That's literally what every classic player wants. The only way they can mess up Classic is by not patching fast enough.

9 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

The best thing that NCW could do for Classic is nothing. We don't need their P2W events, we don't need them to update the cash shop, give us a subscription and leave us the nyerk alone. Lock character creation based on population count, maybe release some new skins every week and stay the FK away from us. That's literally what every classic player wants. The only way they can mess up Classic is by not patching fast enough.

Yes, yes, yes.  I really hope this is what we get but I'm sure it won't be. The only good thing is that in the early patches there just isn't all the 'bloat' that there is on the current patches. No OP gemstones, runestones, advanced stigmas, etc. The amount of OP stuff a whale can get in classic vs 7.X is so much less. 

16 minutes ago, Crush said:

The only real exploit on the level of what the stormwing egg transfer fiasco happened is a cash shop + support exploit. If people can buy battle passes on alts and transfer all the items to their main character through the help of support.

Other than that there really is no game breaking exploit outside of the gifting crowns(in which can you even gift subscriptions on retail?). Other than that game exploits are doing instances with cheats/hacks as well as doing instances during 1.2 with an SM to bug out the boss in DC so people can easily beat the last boss.

1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The only real exploit on the level of what the stormwing egg transfer fiasco happened is a cash shop + support exploit. If people can buy battle passes on alts and transfer all the items to their main character through the help of support.

Other than that there really is no game breaking exploit outside of the gifting crowns(in which can you even gift subscriptions on retail?). Other than that game exploits are doing instances with cheats/hacks as well as doing instances during 1.2 with an SM to bug out the boss in DC so people can easily beat the last boss.

There was also the issue of the first level 50s clearing all the lower forts and then getting all the ap on their lower level alts. They patched that real quick but not sure if we'll get it at release.

Ranting ? :P

I think if someone made aionranting website it would probably the most popular aion fansite ever made xD
But put joke a side they could do just that give us classic and leave game alone without constantly free rewards for just afk etc.

But they wouldn't because that money isn't enough for them ,actually I even believed even whole Aion IP died they could use all money they made start new IP easily there always will be people who keep falling for same thing over and over. I know there's an argue saying if you don't like it don't play it nobody forcing you etc. Well yes but you know you can choose not to have internet or any electrics or water too you can even grow your own food. But we know we can't do that because all dailies thing in our life is systemic bond with those things. Same thing as events nobody forcing you. But you losing a huge opportunity and easily got dominated by other players make your life a lot harder if you missing them. So I see "no one forcing you" as the way someone justified their immoral way of business practice telling you that it's your fault not theirs.

Then again most people think if I don't pay it's not effected me and how any bad things could happen to me ?
You need to look at big picture that every action you did will eventually come back to you whatever it's bad or good.
Simply playing in p2w games you just helping entertain whale players yourself by becoming their victims even watch twich streaming can increasing p2w in the game shop.

Just now, Vinley-KT said:

There was also the issue of the first level 50s clearing all the lower forts and then getting all the ap on their lower level alts. They patched that real quick but not sure if we'll get it at release.

Do you mean farming lower fort mobs outside? Or the instances? I am just going off the assumption since JP is getting 1.2 we will also get 1.2 and due to that there will be no lower fort instances at the start till 1.5. That is an issue for 1.5 that we should bring up when 1.2 is released that is for sure. If it is the mob farming tho the more you know i guess since i never went to the lower forts past 42 i never knew about it.

8 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Do you mean farming lower fort mobs outside? Or the instances? I am just going off the assumption since JP is getting 1.2 we will also get 1.2 and due to that there will be no lower fort instances at the start till 1.5. That is an issue for 1.5 that we should bring up when 1.2 is released that is for sure. If it is the mob farming tho the more you know i guess since i never went to the lower forts past 42 i never knew about it.

Was the instance. They ended up capping the level the following week. Historically NCW never gives us the small single issue patches that Korea gets, we generally get a lot of those thrown in the following patch. Could be pretty catastrophic in this case.

Just now, Vinley-KT said:

Was the instance. They ended up capping the level the following week. Historically NCW never gives us the small single issue patches that Korea gets, we generally get a lot of those thrown in the following patch. Could be pretty catastrophic in this case.

Yea this would be. We def gotta make some noise about it so we do not get that issue in 1.5.

Archived