AP-Trading Update

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

First, we'd like to thank the community for their patience while we conducted our investigation of AP trading. We would also like to thank everyone who reported this abuse via our official support channels.

This morning we issued our first wave of suspensions and bans related to this issue. Within the wave, the most egregious abusers have been permanently banned; those players who abused the in-game mechanics to a lesser extent have been issued suspensions, with related AP items removed from their accounts.

This process required serious investigation and consideration, but we are committed to ensuring that punitive actions are handed out appropriately and proportional to the magnitude of the offense. In the coming weeks we will be actioning additional waves of accounts.

We want to remind all players that intentionally trading kills to acquire an unfair advantage over others is considered a violation of our User Agreement. After we complete this initial review, we will continue monitoring for activity which fits this criteria and action accounts as necessary - which may include a permanent ban on your account.

For anyone who needs to hear it: engaging in AP trading puts your account at extreme risk for suspension or bans!  

Going forward, we will not provide individual updates for each wave as we have here, but we wanted to update the community specifically in this instance since it was our first investigation.

Thanks again to everyone who waited patiently while we conducted this investigation.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great news, good job NCsoft!  @Kibbelzare you also checking the people who traded officer kills for godstones? there was also people selling the officer kill quest that rewards a godstone for irl money. i do hope you take the ill-gotten godstones away too as they provide an unfair advantage in pvp. should be easy to check to see if they just killed the same person over and over. etc

17 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Going forward, we will not provide individual updates for each wave as we have here, but we wanted to update the community specifically in this instance since it was our first investigation.

@Kibbelz With much respect, this is a mistake. One of the reasons the community has been so upset and dissatisfied is the lack of communication. You should continue to communicate each and every time bans occur. We do not ask you to be specific, just continue communicating. When we think NCSoft cares about this game, it makes us care about the game and want to continue to play.

Just now, DevilNefilims-DN said:

Great news now if ncsoft decides to release 1.5 next week maybe im gonna resub, otherwise good luck extending another month this patch without content me and my friends we gonna quit if no 1.5 next week

A lot of people theorize that it will come when this daeva pass ends (next week.) Hope they are right.

Just now, Yoloranger said:

hmmmm ... the guiltiest players, from AN HERO and AN VILLIAN, still top the Abyss rankings.  If they've been banned, would they still be there?

Might take 12h I think to update ranks or until tomorrow, who knows. Depends now wether they stripped Abyss Points from temporary suspended accounts as well.

Honestly not giving any announcement seems like a bad decision. Maint infos could just include a line with "Number of accounts banned due to AP trading this week: x" if any bans took place.

Either way thanks. Hopefully we won't see obvious AP traders still logging in after this....

EDIT: @Kibbelzthey're also being stripped of their AP....right? Because this isn't specified and removing items without removing whatever AP they still have is only going to do half the job in quite a few cases.

Just need to remove the AP traders from the leaderboards.   Announcements would be nice if they are just thrown into even a tweet tag.  #banwave     There's your announcement.  But yeah thank you for this info at least.  Restores much faith.

13 minutes ago, Stachee said:

Honestly not giving any announcement seems like a bad decision. Maint infos could just include a line with "Accounts banned due to AP trading this week: x" if any bans took place.

Either way thanks. Hopefully we won't see obvious AP traders still logging in after this....

EDIT: @Kibbelzthey're also being stripped of their AP....right? Because this isn't specified and removing items without removing whatever AP they still have is only going to do half the job in quite a few cases.

My guess is the stripping AP or not will be depending on the magnitude of damage/trade. 

I assume people that ate permanent bans are those who currently are  super high in ranks of have gotten over millions within weeks while perhaps not so dedicated offenders are on very low ranks speaking below Officers ranks get only their AP items stripped and get a temporary suspension. Someone has shown on the unofficial discord a screenshot where NC specifies that if they get collect a 2nd strike on their account that it leads to a permanent suspension. 

I think the solution provided is fair and well thought through and I am happy that they've taken their time with the investigation.

@Kibbelz I have to admit I'm very pleasantly surprised by this. The community greatly apprecaites this action and the communication.
For extra clarification so that we fully understand the action that has been taken:
* PvP combines: were PvP combines removed e.g. PvP weapon under a Lannok etc
* Godstones from officer kills, removed?
* Stigmas/Consumables, removed?

I understand that NC will not want to provide a list of who has been banned, but would it be possible for you to give us the breakdown of perma bans/gear strip numbers on actioned accounts?

It is promising to hear that NC will be continuing to do these investigations going forward, but I'm sure we would all like to know when future waves of these happen. It will foster a bit more trust between the community and NC that action is actually being taken.

Thanks again, keep punishing these players that are hurting the game we love.

Archived