AP-Trading Update

Arctic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tron said:

As far as I can tell the real AP traders were not banned. All the people in those posted videos are still in game on that character.   Is this NCwest proving how stupid its NA community is or was anyone actually banned?

do you even know what ban waves mean ? facepalm , go back to kibbelz original update and read it entirely this time.

2 minutes ago, Migetsu said:

do you even know what ban waves mean ? facepalm.

I am going to assume you just read what I wrote and replied without actually thinking about it.  Just in case I will point out the obvious, why weren't the people shown in multiple videos AP trading banned in the "first banwave".

Just now, Tron said:

I am going to assume you just read what I wrote and replied without actually thinking about it.  Just in case I will point out the obvious, why weren't the people shown in multiple videos AP trading banned in the "first banwave".

their turn will come dont worry ! 

1 hour ago, Migetsu said:

their turn will come dont worry ! 

Yes, "trust in the system" that hasn't worked properly since its inception 12 years ago. The progressive way of dealing with issues, blind trust, don't question anything and hope for the best while everything is in ruins and thinking that theres nothing that could have been done.

11 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

So thats why retail is now down too 1 server?

Im one of those players who have quit but can still post in forums as iv'e logged in during the last 30 days.And its not about spewing vitriol if you dont tell the management whats upset you how will anything ever change.

I even took my battle to nc koreas twitter and facebook and got zero answers about anything so ill take my 3k+ a month spending to something else.I cannot believe people still so blindly defend this companys actions after 12 years of not listening to the playerbase in NA regions.

Aion Retail 12 years old Aion Retail?  Shocking

Your opinion has been duley noted.  I disagree with it, but that's the great thing about opinions ... you are entitled to exactly one of them, as am I. 

If you don't like playing the game, don't play ... I won't have to worry about seeing you on the map while I am playing, and having great fun, enjoying a game I love developed by a company that I don't empower to have enough control over my decisions and my recreational time to make me negative.  I love Aion, I don't really care who publishes it ... when I stop having fun, I'll find another avenue to fill my leisure time.  The actions of those who play the game less than fairly have no consequence to me. 

Their avatar kills my avatar ... oh well, what do I do now??  Oh yeah, respawn lol ...

I'm sorry that the game and/or the developer and publisher doesn't fulfill, satisfy or please you.  Seriously, there is enough drama and negativity in the world today, I for one certainly don't allow it to permeate my fun time.  I hope you find something that makes you smile and keeps you happy.

48 minutes ago, Yoloranger said:

Aion Retail 12 years old Aion Retail?  Shocking

Your opinion has been duley noted.  I disagree with it, but that's the great thing about opinions ... you are entitled to exactly one of them, as am I. 

If you don't like playing the game, don't play ... I won't have to worry about seeing you on the map while I am playing, and having great fun, enjoying a game I love developed by a company that I don't empower to have enough control over my decisions and my recreational time to make me negative.  I love Aion, I don't really care who publishes it ... when I stop having fun, I'll find another avenue to fill my leisure time.  The actions of those who play the game less than fairly have no consequence to me. 

Their avatar kills my avatar ... oh well, what do I do now??  Oh yeah, respawn lol ...

I'm sorry that the game and/or the developer and publisher doesn't fulfill, satisfy or please you.  Seriously, there is enough drama and negativity in the world today, I for one certainly don't allow it to permeate my fun time.  I hope you find something that makes you smile and keeps you happy.

I agree with you to some extent. You have to look at it from another perspective, though. They are cheating the system. It does impact you, whether you care about it or not.

You can say for as long as you want that you don't care for being 2 shot by fully decked out people. But when they completely private you from content that you have to find another game, as you said it yourself, then what good does that do to the game you love?

So, as I said before, it doesn't matter if you "don't care" (which is a lie btw, if you really think about it the long run you will see it's a lie), it does affect you and those around you.

1 hour ago, Wsnow said:

TBH is funny how the ones that was doing it so badly are still in game.

Does anyone know if the bans hit anyone from AN VILLAIN and AN HERO 

I'm not surprised AT ALL. Common practive from NC. NC 101 on how to handle things poorly.

8 hours ago, Tron said:

As far as I can tell the real AP traders were not banned. All the people in those posted videos are still in game on that character.   Is this NCwest proving how stupid its NA community is or was anyone actually banned?

As I said my friend got Perma I honestly don't think he did more than 20k ap. and as of yesterday some of the biggest offenders were still ap trading farming.

Obviously they know they cant be caught.

Sure the community is frothing at the mouth praising the cull.

But, then, why is ap trading still occurring as of yesterday?

Is there a tool nyerking with logs?

3 minutes ago, Musashi said:

E-girl and Rat farmed guards 14 hours a day  for months ran over a hundred DC for their gear.

They hit 50 within the first week

And E -GIRL got perma for killing the bots that were being farmed by others, so effectively he botted himself .

He and rat went on killing spree of elyos ap traders killed them till they quit.

But the owners of the bots are still here.

Be carefull of what you allege.

Good point - I'm not sure why egirl is on this list either.

BTW, in Korea, everyone kills the bots. It's practically encouraged by the GMs over there. Over here in the west, it gets you flagged as an AP trader and banned. Clown world

9 minutes ago, Nsn said:

Good point - I'm not sure why egirl is on this list either.

BTW, in Korea, everyone kills the bots. It's practically encouraged by the GMs over there. Over here in the west, it gets you flagged as an AP trader and banned. Clown world

stop spreading false information farming bots is a bannable offense in korea "ap abuse"

7 minutes ago, Pekopeko said:

stop spreading false information farming bots is a bannable offense in korea "ap abuse"

What are you talking about? I've played Classic in Korea since launch and have never ever heard of anyone getting banned for killing bots. Famous players kill bots on stream regularly. It's not hard to even accidentally kill bots over there.

Edit: Not only this, why is it the player's responsibility to discern bots from actual players? There have been plenty of instances where I wasn't 100% sure if I was fighting a bot or a player in KR. It's NCsoft's responsibility to detect and ban them, not the player's.

This ban wave is a fiasco . I hold no faith on the appeal process either.

All this, is  a gigantic PR nyerkup

They actually banned ppl who farmed hundreds upon hundreds of hours for may be a temporary laps in judgement.

Yes they should be punished but a perma ban should only be in the rarer of cases and hold absolute certainty of intent and scale

3 hours ago, Bip said:

I agree with you to some extent. You have to look at it from another perspective, though. They are cheating the system. It does impact you, whether you care about it or not.

You can say for as long as you want that you don't care for being 2 shot by fully decked out people. But when they completely private you from content that you have to find another game, as you said it yourself, then what good does that do to the game you love?

So, as I said before, it doesn't matter if you "don't care" (which is a lie btw, if you really think about it the long run you will see it's a lie), it does affect you and those around you.

I'm not surprised AT ALL. Common practive from NC. NC 101 on how to handle things poorly.

I get it.  I totally understand your POV and I don't disagree with it as it pertains to information.  What I'm saying is that while I understand the frustration and despise cheating and wrongdoing in all of its manifestations in gaming and IRL, I don't give it the power to make me negative, I don't give it the influence on my social time to effect the fun I have in a game that I enjoy playing.

Do I hate getting ganked, zerged and one-shotted by cheaters or players who play the game unfairly ... not really.  Not 'hate it'.  I don't prefer it, but it's something I knew going into Classic from my experiences in Aion 2009, Aion retail 2021, TERA, Archeage, BDO, Revelation, GWII, SWTOR.  Hackers are going to hack, cheaters are going to cheat and the P2W narrative will be present in 100% of all forums of all games no matter it's validity.

It's not perfect, but I understood that when I signed up.  When I get ganked and griefed, I just go do something else or I start a LFG recruitment for a group to help me PvP them, which is also fun.  But don't get me wrong, I totally understand everyone's frustration.  You pay for a product, it's imperfect, the developer and publisher do not work at a speed that satisfies you, you quit and you feel cheated.  Got it.  I'm just not there yet.  No game has ever gotten me to the point where I'll quit based on what others do unless they, collectively, create an environment where I'm not having fun during my recreational time.  Some of you are there, I'm just not.

To me, I can be doing any of a dozen things in Aion that entertain me.  If I'm stopped on one path because I can't survive or unfair gameplay blocks my way, then I'll go do something else, as long as that something else is also fun, which for me it is right now.

No one in here is wrong to be frustrated and even mad, but you have to admit that the sheer amount of negativity and vitriol, pure anger sometimes, is overwhelming and over the top dramatic.

You pay $30 for a bad meal, you complain to the manager, you write a bad review, maybe make a phone call or send a letter.  You don't go on relentlessly in 40 different forum threads about the same thing over and over again.  It gets tired and the validity of the original problem gets lost because your audience quit listening.

Aion Classic will survive.  It's an amazing game.  I hope the developers, the publishers and the community management team do a better job moving forward while understanding that their intended audience is having problems with their performance.  I promise you, they read the grounded, logical and articulate statements about displeasure and dissatisfaction much more than they read the flaming, negative, personal and derogative ones ... you know, those that account for 50% of threads and posts, all saying the same thing.

I personally hope all of you stay in the game.  I would love to see you on the map, or in a dungeon or a siege.  I'll give @Kibbelzand NCWest time because  I know it's not an easy road to travel.  Regardless of this being a recreational endeavor, one paid product is no different than another where contingent liability is concerned.  There are legalities involved in banning anyone from using anything that they paid for.  Evidence has to be irrefutable, undeniable and able to hold up against legal precedent.  It's just a game, but it's a product that people pay for.

Anyway, sorry in advance, I don't proofread, so this is probably full of grammatical errors.

2 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

I'll give @Kibbelzand NCWest time because  I know it's not an easy road to travel.  Regardless of this being a recreational endeavor, one paid product is no different than another where contingent liability is concerned.  There are legalities involved in banning anyone from using anything that they paid for.  Evidence has to be irrefutable, undeniable and able to hold up against legal precedent.  It's just a game, but it's a product that people pay for.

I don't think that you pay for the product itself in this case. You pay for additional stuff. Not sure how that holds up legally but I'm sure NCsoft has that covered lol.

• Aion Team

Given some of the recent comments, it seems helpful to re-iterate that we will be actioning additional waves of accounts over the coming weeks. Each of the investigations we are performing require thorough consideration, and we are aware that additional accounts in violation are still active (hence the intention for additional waves). Thank you for your patience as we ensure that this is dealt with appropriately.

37 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Given some of the recent comments, it seems helpful to re-iterate that we will be actioning additional waves of accounts over the coming weeks. Each of the investigations we are performing require thorough consideration, and we are aware that additional accounts in violation are still active (hence the intention for additional waves). Thank you for your patience as we ensure that this is dealt with appropriately.

I want to let you know that many people who did AP trading have traded all their belongings to and alt account because they know they will get a ban in their main account. Check the logs for these trades and ban the alts accounts too.

I have read their comments in discord posts and other social media.

8 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for the comment and the reaffirmation. I think that beyond the noisy minority most of us just want these bans to be appropriate & support any extra effort on your part to ensure that legitimate players remain out of them.

15 minutes ago, Splinter said:

I want to let you know that many people who did AP trading have traded all their belongings to and alt account because they know they will get a ban in their main account. Check the logs for these trades and ban the alts accounts too.

How do you move AP items to another account?

14 minutes ago, Splinter said:

What if someone give their stuff to you and you get banned.

Archived