AP-Trading Update

Arctic

11 minutes ago, Vashiro said:

My guess is the stripping AP or not will be depending on the magnitude of damage/trade. 

I assume people that ate permanent bans are those who currently are  super high in ranks of have gotten over millions within weeks while perhaps not so dedicated offenders are on very low ranks speaking below Officers ranks get only their AP items stripped and get a temporary suspension. Someone has shown on the unofficial discord a screenshot where NC specifies that if they get collect a 2nd strike on their account that it leads to a permanent suspension. 

I think the solution provided is fair and well thought through and I am happy that they've taken their time with the investigation.

Lets be clear, they do not have the manpower to "investigate" case by case.

Most likely a sniffer tool searching logs.

I dont think they even look at the size of the offence, and since its not transparent they can PR this anyway they like.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aion Team
27 minutes ago, Emiya said:

Just need to remove the AP traders from the leaderboards.   Announcements would be nice if they are just thrown into even a tweet tag.  #banwave     There's your announcement.  But yeah thank you for this info at least.  Restores much faith.

Got confirmation that the board updates periodically - and when it does any permanently banned users will be removed. Didn't get confirmation on suspended though.

Thank you for the first real update. Hopefully this means NC will continue to enforce these rules and not just punish a few people as an example. I guess the next few weeks will be the deciding factor whether a lot of us will be returning back to the game or not.

Honestly the only way to try to fix this mess and hope for a real decent server is to accept this was a monumental failed and do a re-launch with 1.5.

Just open a new server. Have an active gm monitoring racial influx and actively blocking bot (especially from chat), Suspend and verify ASAP any players with an high amount of AP gain or an high amount of kill for either trading or cheat, make a 200%xp event for a month or at least make it very fast until lvl 40 (which is mostly the reason why most casual stop playing because it was too much solo grind before having group dungeon to do) Change battlepass pet for permanent one and reduce the price FFS. Change fort schedule for east coast, not west, so at least european have a tiny chance of joining. Lower the world gold drop %, Remove the nyerking candies from the shop and platinum coin/enchant stone from the first month battle pass. Add a tones of cosmetic  and dyes to the shop instead and maybe, maybe this game have a chance to survive.

Because ATM there's absolutely no reason to come back even if 1.5 is release. Both servers are screwed in their own way.

It's too little, too late.

Really happy this is being addressed. For preventions sake - Hopefully the development team already has some automated mechanism to catch players abusing this in the future.  Alarming on players with abnormal AP gain within certain period or alarming on logs showing the same two high ranked players killing each other over and over again would be a start. Relying on player reports alone would be a fiasco if this is the only mechanism going forward - really hoping we won't have a repeat of history in the forums. 

@Kibbelzif this is something the dev team is working on, might also be worthwhile to include that in the announcement to restore some kind of confidence in the playerbase. If nothing of this sort exists, can you relay to dev team to add it?

35 minutes ago, Odow said:

Honestly the only way to try to fix this mess and hope for a real decent server is to accept this was a monumental failed and do a re-launch with 1.5.

Just open a new server. Have an active gm monitoring racial influx and actively blocking bot (especially from chat), Suspend and verify ASAP any players with an high amount of AP gain or an high amount of kill for either trading or cheat, make a 200%xp event for a month or at least make it very fast until lvl 40 (which is mostly the reason why most casual stop playing because it was too much solo grind before having group dungeon to do) Change battlepass pet for permanent one and reduce the price FFS. Change fort schedule for east coast, not west, so at least european have a tiny chance of joining. Lower the world gold drop %, Remove the nyerking candies from the shop and platinum coin/enchant stone from the first month battle pass. Add a tones of cosmetic  and dyes to the shop instead and maybe, maybe this game have a chance to survive.

Because ATM there's absolutely no reason to come back even if 1.5 is release. Both servers are screwed in their own way.

It's too little, too late.

Completely disagree.  The game on Siel still has a healthy population, LFG still popping every night for groups in different level ranges (FT, SR, Adma, DC).

The game will survive just fine because people enjoy playing it, otherwise they'd be playing any of the multitude of games released between 2009 and now.  Aion just has a special kind of place in our gaming history to drop it so readily.  I very, very small percentage of players threatening to leave because that are unhappy with the publisher or developer actually leave.  If that were a real thing, there wouldn't be any posting about it, they'd just unsub and move on, no need to to spew vitriol along the way.  

1.5 will be healthy and fun and have a large population engaging in Dredgion and Dark Poeta, and it's an added bonus that they are including Kromede's Trial in 1.5, as it is a great leveling tool, especially during XP events.

The playerbase's frustration is no doubt warranted, and lots of things are said in life in general out of frustration.  But at the end of the day, it's a video game that costs as much as a trip to McDonald's for some, and even those spending $$ on the game would otherwise be spending that money on a different hobby or recreational activity.  This is our recreational time, it will survive just fine.  

@KibbelzI appreciate the update and the information.  Many of us are aware, though frustrated often, that you don't have any influence on the information or the timing of what you are asked to relay or post.  This one was huge, even if it's not perfect and doesn't rectify everything ... doing something is better than doing nothing at all.

Peace 

12 minutes ago, Yoloranger said:

I very, very small percentage of players threatening to leave because that are unhappy with the publisher or developer actually leave. 

They do leave though, maybe not this week, but the week or month after. Look at how Aion Retail has deteriorated. It's been leaking players readily since its glory days of 2009-2014.

13 minutes ago, Yoloranger said:

If that were a real thing, there wouldn't be any posting about it, they'd just unsub and move on, no need to to spew vitriol along the way.  

They're giving NCwest the opportunities to address the issues before the game deteriorates like Aion Retail.

14 minutes ago, Yoloranger said:

1.5 will be healthy and fun and have a large population engaging in Dredgion and Dark Poeta, and it's an added bonus that they are including Kromede's Trial in 1.5, as it is a great leveling tool, especially during XP events.

Yeah carrying out the AP traders banwave before the patch 1.5 release is a great move as it gives players a better outlook on the future. The game might still die, but at least we know NCwest have tried.

NcWest  reacted far too late to AP trading and their solution is to open fire on a portion of the player base to satisfy the "community "

Anyone  with gear or Ap is at risk to be banned because at some point or another they used shady methods to counteract the lack of content.

Also

Not sure if they perma banned player for an SR exploit, but if they did it, well its despicable.

Sr is a shit instance with gear that is irrelevant at lvl 50

Get a grip NCSOFT 

4 minutes ago, Musashi said:

Not sure if they perma banned player for an SR exploit, but if they did it, well its despicable.

People were using the no-CD entry quest and then TP hacking to the boxes, making millions of kinah an hour.
I'm all for the SR hate (unfun instance) but those bans were 100% justified for the ones that landed on the right people (personally aware of a number of people that got 7day bans and were not doing this). 

4 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

The game will survive just fine because people enjoy playing it, otherwise they'd be playing any of the multitude of games released between 2009 and now.  Aion just has a special kind of place in our gaming history to drop it so readily.  I very, very small percentage of players threatening to leave because that are unhappy with the publisher or developer actually leave.  If that were a real thing, there wouldn't be any posting about it, they'd just unsub and move on, no need to to spew vitriol along the way.  

So thats why retail is now down too 1 server?

Im one of those players who have quit but can still post in forums as iv'e logged in during the last 30 days.And its not about spewing vitriol if you dont tell the management whats upset you how will anything ever change.

I even took my battle to nc koreas twitter and facebook and got zero answers about anything so ill take my 3k+ a month spending to something else.I cannot believe people still so blindly defend this companys actions after 12 years of not listening to the playerbase in NA regions.

I hope to see another ban next week or the week after. As it stands the 4 AP traders i know are not banned. This makes me very sad, However i have heard people have been banned so that makes me optimistic but still keeping my hope at arms length. 

Either way this is a good start please inform us every time you do a ban wave.

Why not release a list of names that are (perma)banned so that the community knows how much action is being taken?

Seeing as how the bots I have been reporting since 2 months ago are still running around freely, this would greatly help to instill some confidence into NCSofts ability monitor their playerbase.

Another question, seeing as how bots are not being banned, will there ever be a bot ban-wave just like there has been this APtrader banwave? 

18 minutes ago, Wex said:

Why not release a list of names that are (perma)banned so that the community knows how much action is being taken?

Seeing as how the bots I have been reporting since 2 months ago are still running around freely, this would greatly help to instill some confidence into NCSofts ability monitor their playerbase.

Another question, seeing as how bots are not being banned, will there ever be a bot ban-wave just like there has been this APtrader banwave? 

bro slow down, give them 2 months to investigate first

5 hours ago, Musashi said:

NcWest  reacted far too late to AP trading and their solution is to open fire on a portion of the player base to satisfy the "community "

Anyone  with gear or Ap is at risk to be banned because at some point or another they used shady methods to counteract the lack of content.

Also

Get a grip NCSOFT 

Dude, you're actually just projecting all over the place at this point. I know people liked to generalize that "everyone" AP traded, because we saw how many people did, but obviously a large portion of the playerbase did not stoop down to cheating.  A lot of us actually play this game because the grind is fun and part of the reason why you feel accomplished after grinding to obtain your gear.

And what's despicable? The fact that they banned people for teleport hacking in a dungeon? It doesn't matter how "irrelevant" something is, if you do something that breaks the rules at level 10 or at max level, you still equally broke the rules and/or exploited the game and should face in-game consequences just the same.

THANK YOU NCWEST!  

Oh wow... didn't expect to say that anytime soon! This is a great first step to restoring customer faith in the company and game! I hope you guys got the Officer/General Kill traders with this first wave as well!  We truly appreciate you communicating this information to the playerbase and letting us know you are aware of the situation and took action. This is how it should always be!

Next can you address the broken GM Flight buff? It was broken since day 1 of the event. Thank you!

Archived