Weekly Server Maintenance - November 10, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

Maintenance on Aion Classic begins at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) tomorrow. We expect the servers to open back up approximately 2 hours 30 minutes later. You can expect the changes below:

• Daeva Pass Season 6 will begin
  • Siege HP values have not been modified this week. The temporary modifications from last week have been removed.
  • The Korean Development Team is currently working on correcting the siege balance, including HP.
  • Various bug fixes including client crashes.

Thank you!

Miragent/Fenrir is most powerfull set in game even after version 2++ , i am sure they will encrease drop , but later , v 1.7-1.9 . Calm down guys . You cant get top gear in game for free . 

5 hours ago, DevilNefilims-DN said:

Can you guys buff permanently the drop rate for DC just like when we had the double drop rate event, the lack of stones and ways to grind em is ridiculously hard, xpecially with our low population, im still waiting for those changes for NA that we need. thanks

Same situation with DP , multi box + bots . All we need its GM , who will join the game , and use his hands give permaban to all of them . After that we can encrease drop rate , and fix againe Bruh/ Theo . And only after that . 

10 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

• The Korean Development Team is currently working on correcting the siege balance, including HP.

Hey Kibbelz, I appreciate that you share this with us. Even though I'm a bit disapointed there isn't a guy able to modify the values in NA, at least you're transparent and I like it more than NCWest staying silent on the issue and just saying "it's coming".

So thank you for this.

I would just hope you can do the same "localization" about world droprate which are clearly balanced for Korea and not for NA.

9 hours ago, Magnitoz said:

Miragent/Fenrir is most powerfull set in game even after version 2++ , i am sure they will encrease drop , but later , v 1.7-1.9 . Calm down guys . You cant get top gear in game for free . 

Same situation with DP , multi box + bots . All we need its GM , who will join the game , and use his hands give permaban to all of them . After that we can encrease drop rate , and fix againe Bruh/ Theo . And only after that . 

ppl backing these bots is insane. just SMH.

22 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Holy.

Yes, yes, yes. 

This level of transparency, and NCSoft as a whole acknowledging, this is the exact thing that should have been done 10 years ago.

I'm at a lost of words here. Thank you.

Firstly, I would like to thank the GM for sending out a survey on this controversial issue.

If it it Yes, then you will still be able to hang out with your IS buddies, but you will have to find their toon names again.

Some names are already taken on Siel, so keep that in mind.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:08 AM, Magnitoz said:

Honestly right now there isn't enough player population to keep things on the broker, when things are they are extremely over priced vs how much kinah most people can make on average.

:/ 

On 11/9/2021 at 6:23 PM, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

Maintenance on Aion Classic begins at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) tomorrow. We expect the servers to open back up approximately 2 hours 30 minutes later. You can expect the changes below:

• Daeva Pass Season 6 will begin
  • Siege HP values have not been modified this week. The temporary modifications from last week have been removed.
  • Various bug fixes including client crashes.

Thank you!

Thank you for the transparency ❤.

I would just like to also bring up that while I know some of the drop decisions we're done to prevent bots, there are now no stigmas on the brokers for certain builds ... causing a big issue finding chanters that can do S rank DP.

If stigma and world drops increased it would make a big difference in encouraging players to play.

It also seems like the God stone drops for world drops is decreased.. it would be great to see bosses in the upper abyss drop these to encourage world boss farming etc.

Another thing I hear from people leaving the game is that there are not enough medals on the server for gear, and that siels aura is preventing them from playing.

I think if you could sub Siels aura to get extra benefits like 150% xp instead of 100% + perks the longer you keep your sub going instead of not being able to loot items or get xp .. more people would feel encouraged to play.

It would also cause people to stop selling/trading accounts. 

Another big issue is people like Osmar, BMW that use hacks/radar hacks that add even more of a handicap to people playing assassin.

When you que up to dredge you can see on the meter more and more people are running hacks to try to unfairly win dredge which is pretty crazy.

It would also be nice if the auditor spawned more often in dredge as it's causing it to be harder to complete the gold medal quest.

Also what people said with boiling blood drops, it would be awesome if they were increased drops in dredge or DC to encourage people to run the instances more.

It would also be nice if more side bosses were added to Adma and maybe a gold adma set or something to encourage people to run the entire instance instead of just speedma.

Another big thing is it would be cool if world boss armor had unique skins :)! 

and maybe if Tahabata dropped eternal armor to encourage people to keep running it after getting their weapons.

Just some ideas 💡  ! Thank you to the developers and community team for always taking things into consideration and reviving this game we all love so much.

Aion and Blade and soul have amazing storyline and lore, I just feel the later updates on the retail versions of both go further from the lore.

It would also be dope if blade and soul and aion classic/retail came to console :p

Thanks Kibs! 

Hopefully this is the thread to put this on, or at least a threat you actually read through @Kibbelz@Loki..  Some thoughts, things to look to touch on, reasoning why to explain/fight for a change, etc.

First off, thank you for looking into a merge, thought its quite late and should have been done while the server still had at least 10% population to have a player base to really move over... but I guess to the 3% or so and the few coming back because of a merge this is a good sight.  I will say, hopefully you plan not to move both servers to a fresh server, but instead save work load by moving IS into SL.  Fewer impacted players, less transfer time, easier on the staff doing it etc.

Balic drop rates.  I obviously don't need to tell you that players want them increased.  But, going to NCSoft asking for it straight out without reasoning doesn't accomplish it getting done.  Reasons why we **need** it.  Unlike the server populations in Korea, NA has a much smaller player base in the past few months.  Regardless of mindset differences between regions, the lower number of players doesn't allow for the ability to farm enough mats at their current drop rate.  This DOES NOT strictly mean drop rates for Boiling Balaur Blood Stain (ID: 152014014), but also materials from level 40 mobs that drop items such as Hard Balaur Scale (ID: 152014007) and Hard Balaur Horn (ID: 152014006) which are used in leveling crafting from 420 to 440.  These mats are impossible to find in bulk as you need ~400 or more to level enough, and they cost currently 500-700k kinah per material.  People are unable to level crafts without spending hundreds of millions of kinah, along with the fact there are not enough bloods in market to support the current population.  Please look into increasing all balic drops by at least 1.5x, as 2x would most likely be too drastic of an increase.

Dredge times.  This has already had a threat that was buried, but needs to be brought up again.  Your general population, since you are charging players to play your game with a sub and cant argue that its f2p in any way with the current state of siels aura, is a bunch of working class who need to go to bed at a decent time to wake up for work in the morning, and work around 8-10 hours a day.  The current dredge times are so random it makes no sense.  Server time of the dredgion instance should be something like 2-4 PM entry time, 6-8 PM entry time, and then 10-12 PM entry time.  If you want to make this even more inclusive you'll allow players to use all 3 dredgion cooldowns and not put a timer longer than 15 minutes so a player can finish a dredge or two within the two hour window if they cant make all the other windows.

Weekly skins.  Please, PLEASE start releasing skins weekly.  This is the easiest source of revenue that players actually want to participate in willingly.  They don't care to shill out money for your pass, but you can make so much off releasing skins the public wants to see again.  At the last Wednesday of the month release a survey with 8-10 skins to put in the game, let players vote 1 time per account on 4 they would like to see in the coming month, release the winners after the week is over one per week for the next 4 weeks.  Rinse and repeat, we get skins quicker which we want and you get to show your boss the increase in money made, we both win.

Cheaters??  How do I even go on about this.  Players have logs, screenshots, videos even DAILY of players cheating.  More than twice a day minimum do I see a screenshot of someone who got Asia High Ping in their dredge with all 6 of those players cheating as hard as possible.  How long does this need to go on for?  Players quit because of the whole AP scandal, players are now leaving because you still cant deal with public cheating which people actively report on and have logs daily of it happening.  PLEASE do something about this, there are at least two whole legions on both Elyos and Asmodian SL that are all cheating inside, its quite absurd at this point.

I think these are a few simple baby steps to take first before listing more, something to actively look into and bring up in your meetings that you have talked about in the past.  Id like to put Siege issues in here but you seem to already be looking into that (hopefully you don't leave the Dux HP still at 400m so that its actually unkillable in 35mins by our population numbers, regardless of gates HP and pvp in between).  Thank you for reading this far if you did, and a like/reply would be helpful to know you did.  

Have a good week - Snacks/Styles

Archived