Aion needs, more than ever, a report system

iPhoneX-DN

It is recurrent day-to-day to see the number of toxic players flooding the servers without punishment. Xenophobia, racism, homophobia and more!

Unlike other locations and games, the Aion NA does not have a functional system for this type of behavior that degrades common sense and causes most new players to give up.

There is a system, its called grow a thicker skin, because this is the Internet, snowflake. LFG is the perfect example that there are all kinds of people in the world, some bad, some that have different perspective on life and joke about stuff that you may or may not like. At least 90% of of the stuff said there are just jokes. If you dislike it, just block them. There you have, one "functional system" which literally does miracles. :P

Now for cases that cannot be solved and are actual situations, yet another functional system, you can send in a ticket, which a section called "Report a player".

Sending a ticket is sufficiently time consuming that it prevents people from willy-nilly reporting every single tiny little less-than-totally-politically-correct word that is posted in LFG.

Blocking someone is super easy and quick. It can be done and undone as often as you mood strikes you!

So if someone is just being annoying and mildly irritating, block them! Problem solved.

If someone has really come unhinged and what they are saying actually rises to the level that you want to waste 5 minutes of your life in order to get them a 3 day time-out from the game, report them. Problem solved.

The error starts from the moment that the players themselves think it is something simple and superficial. I would not be opening a topic here if it were me. I deal very well with the internet environment because I work online and with a giant community. Aion is a passion for me. But closing your eyes and turning your face to what is happening inside the game is unacceptable. There are numerous games that have penalty types for toxic players, including Aion's Korean servers. These have a great result. Aion is a game, not real life. It's no excuse for new players to come into the game and feel bad and soon give up. No wonder our server has few players. I believe that people who say that this is bullshit, are the ones that make the server worse every day.

Where did you get the idea that NCWest doesn't penalize players that say things that are racists, sexists or homophobic? 

The post above your states that someone they knew got a 5 day ban for saying something racists. I know multiple players that have received 3 day bans for using naughty words.

You wanted a quicker way to report players. My point is that a quicker way will result in players with very thing skins who live in their very own little snowflake bubble reporting everyone and their brother. The avenue available to use to report players is sufficiently time consuming to make sure that those players who are actually being over-the-top insulting are going to be reported. And those players -are- punished.

I watched someone get banned for telling someone to go kill themselves. Seen others banned for blatantly racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and other such remarks.

But I've also seen players get butthurt over "yo momma" jokes, so making it easy to report would be unwise.

Also, just because you're offended by something someone says doesn't mean it's bannable (political remarks especially).

Block and move on.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:39 PM, iPhoneX-DN said:

It is recurrent day-to-day to see the number of toxic players flooding the servers without punishment. Xenophobia, racism, homophobia and more!

Unlike other locations and games, the Aion NA does not have a functional system for this type of behavior that degrades common sense and causes most new players to give up.

Nope, I disagree on this statement. I've seen quite a few people who have received a 3/5/7 day suspension for racist, homophobic, misogynistic comments on LFG or even if it happens in a private conversation.

Of course, you can use the block function to solve minjor issues, but if you really wanna be helpful, submit a ticket depending on the situation and report those people even though it would consume some of your free time. It's not about getting "a thicker skin", people should feel comfortable playing and enjoy their time with friends, no matter what your culture background is. Sadly, there are some toxic people around every game, who take their anger out in-game. I can assure you that NCWest will take actions if you take your time to submit a ticket with the needed proof! 

Yes, there are some trolls on each server but those usually do not strike below the belt, so keep in mind not to report every little thing! Speaking about the heavy stuff which doesn't belong in any community. lol

•Make the block list endless.

•Don't be soft.

I like these 2 ideas. When I played there were plenty of people who would just trash talk in lfg. Say what they want cause in real life they would just get they lunch money taken. If you let words really bother you then idk how you made it far in life already due to I think honestly all of us here are outa school. 

I agree the report system should be simplified and quicker. Players HAVE to take responsibility for what they say.

"oh but this will only help special snowflakes who will report everyone", if someone is reported but didn't do nothing wrong they won't be punished; so there's nothing to fear, right?

31 minutes ago, Moa-KT said:

"oh but this will only help special snowflakes who will report everyone", if someone is reported but didn't do nothing wrong they won't be punished; so there's nothing to fear, right?

...except the Support would be flooded with troll reports. If you're not willing to spend those 2 minutes (or so) to report someone, who has offended you, then that offence wasn't so severe and you have practically nothing to report, right?

31 minutes ago, Mayinne-DN said:

...except the Support would be flooded with troll reports. If you're not willing to spend those 2 minutes (or so) to report someone, who has offended you, then that offence wasn't so severe and you have practically nothing to report, right?

so-much-THIS-fireworks.gif

Archived