Forums

Evergale AFK why no kick ???

BigHero-KT

On 28/02/2018 at 8:20 PM, Crazyhorse-DN said:

I agree too many are Afking in EG but saying it's a bunch of Generals is Bs. I know of 1 or 2 that afk all the time but until it's fixed or some remedy found not a lot we can do. I do Eg every evening and over and over it's the same afker's sometimes more then half the alliance and it's not at the end or when we are losing by a large margin it's from the start. It needs to be addressed with more the a memo saying it's not fair to your fellow player.

I never said that all afkers are generals, just pointed out that some are generals that afk when "little ranks" try to get more ap and purify mats and keep loosing entries. Most of the players that are generals already have 2 or more pieces of the lvl 80 ap set, while alot more ppl dont have none. I see generals that do premades, lead alliances etc, and push for all, while others just join and afk. That is very sad.

No. For mains, too. See? These people don't care about anything other than easy. They don't have time. They don't have the skill. They don't really care. Some aren't even actually afk. They are very much at their keyboards, but just don't want to play. They weren't going to run Evergale at all if they weren't going to afk. So a chance at a win is better than no chance at all.. no matter how small the chance of winning is. Give them nothing for a lose and they will still afk for even that small chance at a win.

They already do that for afkers. You see the participation % at the end of game? When you play on a losing or winning game, you can get less than 100% (w/e that means) and if you afk as soon as you go in, theres way less chance of it not being 100%.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:43 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Ncwest is a bad publisher that is why this can continue to happen and ruin peoples experience.

I would like to ask what other games have you played where the afking in pvp instances were the publisher's fault.  I played wow for a few years, it happened in that game.  I can go on but the point is, you cant dictate what another player does or how they play.  Is it frustrating, indubitably.  The kick feature is to worst option to apply in any situation.  I can and will be abused and not stop the underlying problem of it being the player not the publisher.

14 minutes ago, Ymad-DN said:

I would like to ask what other games have you played where the afking in pvp instances were the publisher's fault.  I played wow for a few years, it happened in that game.  I can go on but the point is, you cant dictate what another player does or how they play.  Is it frustrating, indubitably.  The kick feature is to worst option to apply in any situation.  I can and will be abused and not stop the underlying problem of it being the player not the publisher.

Kick feature is a horrid option i agree. Maybe mmos need to take ideas from other genres instead of just trying to do a WoW style game. Example CS-GO or Dota 2 both have low priority ques if you afk at the start they can report you problem solved. It will get abused by people who hate each other at the start for the Lols but after the first week people will just accept they have to participate in the instance. Then the abuse from players hating each other will stop as well knowing they need more people to participate.

I think the solution is rather simple.

You shouldn't be able to log in your asmo and elyos at the same time when doing EC or any AP/GP instance for that matter.

I don't have any solid proof that people actually do that,but I've seen many complaining about it.

It's super easy to notice who is duoboxing,IP adress is known to GMs.And if that's the case ,problem is half solved.

Also it's not that hard to make EC or other instances objective based.

For example,if you want to get something out of the instance ,you'll have to do this ,that and so on.Or reach a waypoint ,defend it for some time.

I've noticed that massive disconnects are based on reaching specific places or doing specific things in EC.. I've got send log nearly 6 times trying to run past Kaisan.

Adding/fixing kick system is the easy option :).

I like your belief in people to do the right thing.  But the games we both mentioned have a greater player base that Aion.  Meaning we are all going to run into the same people more often than not.  I like the idea of kicking and penalizing afkers, but in all practicality, its going to make the game more toxic.  My suggestion is to just leave it as is.  We will still get those who are queued with their friends and afk.

4 minutes ago, Lerio-KT said:

I think the solution is rather simple.

You shouldn't be able to log in your asmo and elyos at the same time when doing EC or any AP/GP instance for that matter.

I don't have any solid proof that people actually do that,but I've seen many complaining about it.

It's super easy to notice who is duoboxing,IP adress is known to GMs.And if that's the case ,problem is half solved.

I have multiple computers, different IPs.  Now what? 

I totally agree there is a problem with afking.  Let's get that clear.  It pisses me off as well.  The problem comes back to finding a solution that is not going to be more toxic to the community.

Here's an example, I have an Asmo and an Elyos account.  I log on both for Evergale, one has a premade on asmo side.  I play the Asmo toon and afk the elyos toon cause I cant win vs a premade.  Should I get penalized for being part of a pug that has zero chance and is getting spawn camped? 

It has been brought up premades are a problem.  I dont agree with that either.  I shouldnt tell you how to play the game and I really dont want you to tell me how to play the game.  If I want to go through the trouble of making a premade of my legion and friends, I really dont care if the other side is pugs or a premade. 

I have reached a groundbreaking conclusion:

There is no solution to the afk problem. 

1 minute ago, Ymad-DN said:

I have multiple computers, different IPs.  Now what? 

I totally agree there is a problem with afking.  Let's get that clear.  It pisses me off as well.  The problem comes back to finding a solution that is not going to be more toxic to the community.

Here's an example, I have an Asmo and an Elyos account. 

I log on both for Evergale, one has a premade on asmo side

I play the Asmo toon and afk the elyos toon cause I cant win vs a premade. 

Should I get penalized for being part of a pug that has zero chance and is getting spawn camped?

There is a solution to the afk problem. 

Everything wrong with this comment.

You must be punished.

You are part of the problem.

There is always a solution to problems (you).

33 minutes ago, Lerio-KT said:

Everything wrong with this comment.

You must be punished.

You are part of the problem.

There is always a solution to problems (you).

Again, I am agreeing with you about the afk problem.  I gave an example of how to avoid what you suggested.  Punished how?  And why am I part of the problem if I afk with all the other people who know we cant do anything against a premade?  Are they part of the problem as well? 

As to there is always a solution to problems, what are they? You stated to block duo clients running in evergale.  I told you how it can be avoided, yet your solution is I need to be punished and I am the problem.  Thats not a solution, that is an opinon on a getting around your duo client situation.

The problem is player based not NCsoft based.  Just like the video of Katalam Elyos talking they found a work around to the newest anti cheat, things can be avoided to cheat or afk.

What are your thoughts on a single person from every alliance/group being able to kick without discretion?  You believe that is a viable solution to the afk problem or will it add to the toxic nature of Evergale?

46 minutes ago, Ymad-DN said:

The problem is player based not NCsoft based.  Just like the video of Katalam Elyos talking they found a work around to the newest anti cheat, things can be avoided to cheat or afk.

You tested the new work around?

Have you checked NCsoft logs vs Xign logs? 

BDOs biggest ban wave came when the cheaters thought the work around was working good so they started using the cheats again then KABLAMO. Apparently the work around in bdo had it so you were able to run Xigncode through a 3rd party program or something like a virtual windows system but it did not give any logs to Kakao games. Basically it allowed people to open the game and freely use the hacks but sent no information through to the company as far as i understand it to be. Now the work around in Aion may work the same as the way it did in BDO or Para has gotten a better work around then the guy did for BDO. Unless you know 100% ncsoft is taking action on the information the anti-cheat gives them you really have no idea if we will see a ban wave happen.

For all we know they are collecting data till the release of 6.0 then do a permanent ban wave on the release of 6.0. Maybe they have it installed as a scare tactic just to stop the people who did use it but are scared of the words Anti-Cheat and do not want to risk a ban since they spend lots of $ on the game. We never know.

@HealingSquid-KT Exactly.

Though I don't think any of our hacker babies were smart enough to release that just because they -could- get in and continue to hack that they really shouldn't because the program was in data-collection mode. Silently collecting all of their hacking so that one day, just like BDO, bans will rain down. Don't you remember them all posting on the forums? Giggling?

I can be patient. I just want to be here to watch them all burn..

giphy.gif

I wouldnt have any desire to test a work around.  I dont need to cheat in a game.  Nor do I care to check any logs.  I dont know if you misinterpreted the root message I was getting at in my posts but my point is there are people that are working hard to not work in game. 

1 minute ago, Ymad-DN said:

I wouldnt have any desire to test a work around.  I dont need to cheat in a game.  Nor do I care to check any logs.  I dont know if you misinterpreted the root message I was getting at in my posts but my point is there are people that are working hard to not work in game. 

I was not directing it at you like you were a cheater sorry if you took it that way probably the ? at the end of the statements. Also you can not check Ncsofts logs as they are collected sever side :D.  I did cherry pick that part of what you were saying  just to give an example of what may or may not be happening right now i was not really posting to answer what you said as it was directed at someone else :D.

@Aly-DN It may be a very fun time to be on the forums :D

I am honestly surprised by how people fail to understand that the solution of giving rewards to winners only will not solve anything.

• Again, first of all, people AFK for the chance of winning. They dont care if they get 25 GP and 10 Battle Marks or none at all. If there is any chance of getting the good rewards, then they will attend.
  • Second, a very small percentage of losing teams manage the 4,000 points. In most cases, it is just a very OP team completely beating the opposing team against the wall, and the losing team gets nothing of real value.
  • Third, doing this hurts teams that actually tried but didnt win more than everyone else. You are basically telling them "Even though you worked, you get nothing, and the AFK on the opposing team deserve it more than you do".

So, no, not viable at all. More so, it hurts more than what it solves (which is nothing).

Archived