Why not rename Aion 6.0 to Blade & Soul?

Sunix-DN

4 minutes ago, Kircheis-KT said:

Is it really that odd for a company to re use assets? Sames them time and money to focus on other things.

It is not unusual, but the extent to which NCSoft is doing this at present certainly makes one question their stances towards their games. It's hard to pass it off as just re-using some assets or borrowing ideas anymore. The problem is that this suggests that they either 1) have completely ran out of creativity/ideas or 2) just consider everything besides Lineage2:Mobile (their major moneymaker) as a secondary priority or quick cashgrab (hello, MxM).

Such things do not exactly indicate a bright, prolonged future for the game.

It is not uncommon for a company like NC to be reusing ideas, its something they have done for a long time, i remember when Aion 3.0 came out (i think) i was playing L2 and people were saying what the Kamaels had to do in Aion. Taking an idea from one game to another is done very often, and a proof is MxM (RIP) where NC took characters from past and presents games and put them in a new one.

2 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

It is not unusual, but the extent to which NCSoft is doing this at present certainly makes one question their stances towards their games. It's hard to pass it off as just re-using some assets or borrowing ideas anymore. The problem is that this suggests that they either 1) have completely ran out of creativity/ideas or 2) just consider everything besides Lineage2:Mobile (their major moneymaker) as a secondary priority or quick cashgrab (hello, MxM).

you got the best reply, Kircheis.

13 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

Good reply. As also Rinkusan said, the company seems focused on short-term investments atm.

Btw, the revenue from mobile games lowered in the last quarter. But still the major moneymaker, you're right. Aion is unexpectedly raising!

XK3Py8x.png

5 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

Aion is unexpectedly raising!

Due to the merge, which occurred during 4th quarter. Everyone wanted to come back and see what it was like. I expect 1st quarter 2018 will also be steady due to 5.8 coming out. We won't truly be able to tell if Aion is steady or back into decline until summer (when 2nd quarter 2018 reports are released).

7 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Due to the merge, which occurred during 4th quarter. Everyone wanted to come back and see what it was like. I expect 1st quarter 2018 will also be steady due to 5.8 coming out. We won't truly be able to tell if Aion is steady or back into decline until summer (when 2nd quarter 2018 reports are released).

those numbers counts for every Aion server. Not only NA

Look at the GW2 numbers, thats what I call a truly Revival

On 2/8/2018 at 6:22 PM, Sunix-DN said:

This game has become an awful artistic copy & paste of BnS.
They started copying skins, little features, systems and now 80% of the new mobs are BnS sprites

FULL SIZE

pxuEjnY.jpg

Amazing, it's almost as if both games were made by the same company...

On 2/9/2018 at 9:57 AM, KallSu-KT said:

Good reply. As also Rinkusan said, the company seems focused on short-term investments atm.

Btw, the revenue from mobile games lowered in the last quarter. But still the major moneymaker, you're right. Aion is unexpectedly raising!

XK3Py8x.png

I figured that Aion would go up, though that only shows maybe half of it. I hope when they show 1Q 2018 it'll be much more. I'm also glad the mobile gaming craze is starting to calm down lol 

Archived