Weekly Server Maintenance - March 14, 2018

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, March 14, 2018 from 6:00 AM to 8:30 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hour and 30 minutes.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Return to Tiamaranta's eye event will begin. Full details available here.
  3. Shugo Sweep will begin. Full details available here.
  4. An issue where players could not be kicked from Evergale Canyon will be fixed.
  5. Daishunerk's Game of Fate rewards will be modified. Bundles containing Caeus equipment will be removed.
  6. An issue where the leftmost column of rewards in Munirunerk's Treasure Champer not having tooltips will be fixed.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week

ZR_s7TY_yGjRZo_4WzKINxcdnvJvqxpkLNLqbBQG cb55MQJnmAsd9Z5jUCSql0WYm1Bbg8YDWPz7rkwq U3RdDZ1I31BnK9mmLp-ttWQ_IpDN1mS6TmQrFo3i

53 minutes ago, Magikarp-DN said:

PogChamp we did it

Kinda dumb to implement this fix because after EC begins it stops looking for players to enter... What is the point in banning the afk when rely there are more issues here besides people AFK'ing. Like Elyos not geared and get 1 hit by asmo's they are just as bad as the AFK... So why put this fix in when the entire AION is subjected to afk to "KBF/IDL/IWW/FORTS/OW/ETC" why implement this as it solved nothing what if the head leader of the alliance is afk what then... You all don't think of this to...

HELL AION IS AFK... What if we are away from 1 split min to take meds and 30 seconds back your banded... is this right... This is just 1 issue with this crap too.

I am or do not lie this from coming out!

Leave AION alone its broker then anything this is not a fix. Its because people complain about to much crap...

Think About this FIX for (EC),

Asmo Hackers

DC Issues

Under gear Elyos Players who get 1 soothed PVP/PVE wise

AFK Player's

Groups that have not been properly set up.

Que List is random. (We get what we GET) Basically

Limited time on recruiting players in EC, there is a time limit to join a EC while it's going (Banning cant be an issue, if we ban and time limit is up we lose either way)

There are also other issues at play here NOT JUST AFK!

DO NOT PUT THIS FIX IN PLEASE! Or EC Will Be DEAD!

1 minute ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

Asmo Hackers

DC Issues

AFK Player's

Limited time on recruiting players in EC, there is a time limit to join a EC while it's going (Banning cant be an issue, if we ban and time limit is up we lose either way)

Should change that to Elyos hackers.

1 minute ago, Teahamib-DN said:

Should change that to Elyos hackers.

And you, you the expert that see the texus servers under attack with over 3mil pings? Ellyos you say as we are the ones that lose 100 times a day? and DC 18 times in 1 hour? I got 480MB conection 32GB ram 5GB ddr5 vid ram with a SSD card and I get DC to hmm...

1 minute ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

And you, you the expert that see the texus servers under attack with over 3mil pings? Ellyos you say as we are the ones that lose 100 times a day? and DC 18 times in 1 hour? I got 480MB conection 32GB ram 5GB ddr5 vid ram with a SSD card and I get DC to hmm...

Use a packet sniffer and watch your Ping and MS drop off the map with massive lag spikes....

Just now, Deathtouch-DN said:

Asmo Hackers

DC Issues

AFK Player's

There is nothing that prevents you from forming your own premade. That allows you to determine your group set-up. 

The other side has to work with same issues regarding any pug alliances as you do.

If someone is undergeared and is trying their best, i.e. not AFK and is following commands, you can't kick them. Whether they are enjoying themselves without any gear at all is questionable, but you can't stop them. Hopefully they'll realize that with better gear it's  more enjoyable. However, you shouldn't be kicking someone without doing proper, reasonable ready checkS (yes plural), be reasonable.

Finally, I would rather have less pops but fiix reduce the issue of alliances where half or most of the players are zombies. I agree if the leader is AFK, this won't help.

Unless of course they've DCed, please, please fix that!!

2 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

There is nothing that prevents you from forming your own premade. That allows you to determine your group set-up. 

The other side has to work with same issues regarding any pug alliances as you do.

If someone is undergeared and is trying their best, i.e. not AFK and is following commands, you can't kick them. Whether they are enjoying themselves without any gear at all is questionable, but you can't stop them. Hopefully they'll realize that with better gear it's  more enjoyable. However, you shouldn't be kicking someone without doing proper, reasonable ready checkS (yes plural), be reasonable.

Finally, I would rather have less pops but fiix reduce the issue of alliances where half or most of the players are zombies. I agree if the leader is AFK, this won't help.

Unless of course they've DCed, please, please fix that!!

I do agree on that this fix will not resolve anything as there are not enough players to as to form the perfect alliance because even people that are massively geared afk as  well. I have seen this with my own eyes. Why do you think sometimes its so hard to find good clerics or players that can handle things not many Elyos PVP, 80% just don't do it. We are in a bind we get to select our people but also hurt more EC because we have to make the EC takes time have less time in ec's too 3 hours take like 30 to 40 min to form 1 on the DN side so 4 runs a night 5 at tops then to watch some afk and watch under-geared ppl get blown away it wont solve things at all.

17 minutes ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

Asmo Hackers

DC Issues

AFK Player's

For you..

5399857394_5051a66962.jpg

48 minutes ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

Kinda dumb to implement this fix because after EC begins it stops looking for players to enter... What is the point in banning the afk when rely there are more issues here besides people AFK'ing. Like Elyos not geared and get 1 hit by asmo's they are just as bad as the AFK... So why put this fix in when the entire AION is subjected to afk to "KBF/IDL/IWW/FORTS/OW/ETC" why implement this as it solved nothing what if the head leader of the alliance is afk what then... You all don't think of this to...

HELL AION IS AFK... What if we are away from 1 split min to take meds and 30 seconds back your banded... is this right... This is just 1 issue with this crap too.

I am or do not lie this from coming out!

Leave AION alone its broker then anything this is not a fix. Its because people complain about to much crap...

The only moment EC stops looking for players is when the league is full, not when you just got in, so the spot left form a kicked player will be filled with another player.

In the instances you just named, if you dont join a premade is like begging to have a run full of afk people, join or start a premade group where the leader have control of who can or cant join, except evergale, where of the 96 player can go in, the leader can choose only 24, so yeah, its kind of necessary a kick option.

18 minutes ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

Asmo Hackers

DC Issues

AFK Player's

This might be a shock for you, but Elyos hack too, this is not exclusive to Asmos.

50 minutes ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

Where is a GM when you need 1 (OR to say something to them) I vote no on this FIX for EC....

I voted yes, so my vote > your vote.

Just now, Vessttemona-KT said:

The only moment EC stops looking for players is when the league is full, not when you just got in, so the spot left form a kicked player will be filled with another player.

In the instances you just named, if you dont join a premade is like begging to have a run full of afk people, join or start a premade group where the leader have control of who can or cant join, except evergale, where of the 96 player can go in, the leader can choose only 24, so yeah, its kind of necessary a kick option.

This might be a shock for you, but Elyos hack too, this is not exclusive to Asmos.

I voted yes, so my vote > your vote.

This will not solve this issue there are way to many things for this fix to work you have to find the solution for 5 or more of the other things effecting EC. This will NOT work at all!

1 minute ago, Bryos-DN said:

I am just sad because proper Evergale Canyon runs will be rarer. Since leaders will go nuts kicking everyone, that means no Mahot or Daglon, no Caves, and less points gained, which means 30-minute-long runs. Yaaaaay...

Yes it will now be restricted because of this thus EC will be gone!, Thus killing Elyos/Asmo of getting Supplements for their armor.

9 minutes ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

This will not solve this issue there are way to many things for this fix to work you have to find the solution for 5 or more of the other things effecting EC. This will NOT work at all!

I think it will solve it, and as proof is what happened last week, when people thought when the kick option was functional so everybody were really active doing pvp, killing bosses, taking artis and flags, until they realized that the option was not working and started going afk

Just now, Vessttemona-KT said:

I think it will solve it, and as proof is what happened last week, when people thought when the kick option was functional so everybody were really active doing pvp, killing bosses, taking artis and flags, until they realized that the option was not working and started going afk

The ones I where in people where afk, Tons of then not all 24 but many 12 of them at least where in some EC's. But I am just 1 person..... I am a developer myself and writ programs and drivers for things. I beta test Microsoft things and do lot's This wont solve it. only thing it will do is cause chaos to a game already dieing.... EC will be a instance that the ELITE will go in after this is done leaving the low and no good and under gear over gear  afk to be pushed way back... hindering progress for this game to succeed as it should. I have seen weard stuff but this tops the cake. You will see in the coming monthos if this will work or not. and Watch AION die if it does not....

9 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Dont include me on your barely legible rant.

I was not including you... Just expressing how I feel is all.

8 minutes ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

The ones I where in people where afk, Tons of then not all 24 but many 12 of them at least where in some EC's. But I am just 1 person..... I am a developer myself and writ programs and drivers for things. I beta test Microsoft things and do lot's This wont solve it. only thing it will do is cause chaos to a game already dieing.... EC will be a instance that the ELITE will go in after this is done leaving the low and no good and under gear over gear  afk to be pushed way back... hindering progress for this game to succeed as it should. I have seen weard stuff but this tops the cake. You will see in the coming monthos if this will work or not. and Watch AION die if it does not....

Smiley_rollingoverlaughing.gif

Archived