Forums

Unscheduled Server Maintenance - March 23, 2018

Cyan

3 hours ago, Aislinng-DN said:

It's not the players fault. Event was poorly designed. People are just trying to play and get geared. It's like blaming players who p2w heavily for making the game not fun for the rest of us, it is the company that allowed such mechanics to occur.

This.

Testing events before they are released would save us from many problems, even more on new events like Tiaramanta Eye.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The price point of the temperings and omegas on the BCM are low enough so that people who have the cash will consider buying them, but high enough that there is no fear they will flood the game. Keep in mind they are -always- a limited time offer. Again.. game design. They want to make money, but they don't want to destroy the game. If all they wanted was money and didn't care about the health of the game, they would lower the price a bit and keep them on the BCM year round. Money would roll in continuously.

Binari said that spending 25k a year on the game was nothing to him. He isn't spending that a day or even a weekend.

I have a Prestige Pack. I occasionally spend on other things, but not on omegas or temperings. I earn those in game by doing things. So I am not free2play, but I am also not a whale. I do just fine in PvP. There are groups that melt my face, but for the most part.. I can hold my own. So I work in game and get what I need. Totally fair. I am competitive without being pay2win or hacking. 

As for Truely Free, have you actually looked at other games and their models? Look at Gameforge's Aion compared to ours, just as an example. For us, you can run every instance and wear every piece of gear (save the Casus which was taken down and never should have been in the game) without paying a dime in real money. You can own a house and decorate it. You can skin any piece of armor. You can craft skins. Everything in game.. absolutely free. Can you be the top PvPer? Sure. If you have the skill, the ping and the time. Is it very easier if you pay something? Sure. But the game in it's entirety is still free. Aion is almost unplayable under Gameforge's Gold Pack model. Sure you can buy the gold pack with kinah, but you are spending a certain portion of every month grinding kinah to buy it. I played SWToR. You have to -pay- to be able to turn your freaking hat off and can't wear the best armor unless you pay. GW2 puts some faces and some hairstyles behind a pay2use door. Other examples escape my mind right now but I am sure other people can chime in with out examples of really odd or awful free2play models. And why is this? Why does absolutely every single game either require you or entice you to pay to access important parts of their game? Because games are a business and not a charity. No company puts out a game out of the goodness and kindness of their hearts in order to make little/big children smile. They put out a game to make money, but first they have to cover overhead. Server space. The people that upkeep the servers. The artists and game designers who create the game. The building space for management. And on and on and on.

I have to disagree with this: "If all they wanted was money and didn't care about the health of the game, they would lower the price a bit and keep them on the BCM year round. Money would roll in continuously". The entire point of "limited time offers" is to pressure people into spending more than they normally would for a period of time.. If they extended that window to the whole year, there wouldn't be as much of an incentive for people to buy shugo arcade coins or shugo vault keys.

Being overall-competitive isn't the same as being competitive against the previously mentioned p2w hackers though. The game has unfortunately become more money/gear-dependent than ever. Match-up knowledge and reaction time don't affect the outcome of a fight as much as they used to. You can be a clueless sorcerer who breaks crowd control with glacial shard in 1v1's and still win just because you had a lvl 4 sheba and the other guy didn't. I personally think hackers were much easier to beat in 4.8 than 5.8 because at least the gear gap wasn't unbearable.

There are games out there that have good f2p models. I'm personally playing a game with a pretty good f2p model right now; it's a mixed f2p-subscription model where you can play for free with about a fifth of the game's content or pay real money to subscribe and get access to the other 80% of the game OR grind in-game cash for 2-3 days to buy a tradable subscription pack. The only p2w microtransaction you can do is buy those subscription packs  and sell them on the broker, but the game is centered around skill levels and exp anyway, so even p2winners have no choice but to grind with barely any advantages against some who go the f2p route and buy the subscription pack from the broker. Whereas Aion's f2p model can strip away all the work and progress from grinding/spending on gear or exp with one update, the exp you earn in this game is eternally valuable on top of the fact that gear is unenchantable and tradable here so you're not stuck with it forever if an update decreases its value.
tl;dr: There are viable, rewarding f2p models out there that don't have the ability to scam you out of all the hard work or money you put into the game with one update like Aion's f2p model.

Not to join in on this rant on forums but I just want to point out if no one has yet. @Cyan I had read that the reason why they implemented the price changes because of the amount of people able to share in the loot of the fatties. A better way to may have fixed this would have been to just take the bags dropping from the fatties out. @Cyan if you would log in right now and see the amount of elyos struggling to even get a few fatties because of the amount of asmos patrolling. Thats why they are this mad, I have been playing this game since what 2004? back when I think 50 was cap; I know the struggle of grinding for your set and fixing it up while you have to watch your back for the opposite faction. Maybe things could have been changed differently for this event, also maybe we should go back to pay to play, idk. Anyways wish you guys the best, hopefully you'll come up with an event after this one to make up for this one. Back to grinding and hiding from OP asmos at the moment because my gear isn't up to par yet completely.

On a side note: thanks for the flash sale

2 hours ago, Optimis-DN said:

Not to join in on this rant on forums but I just want to point out if no one has yet. @Cyan I had read that the reason why they implemented the price changes because of the amount of people able to share in the loot of the fatties. A better way to may have fixed this would have been to just take the bags dropping from the fatties out. @Cyan if you would log in right now and see the amount of elyos struggling to even get a few fatties because of the amount of asmos patrolling. Thats why they are this mad, I have been playing this game since what 2004? back when I think 50 was cap; I know the struggle of grinding for your set and fixing it up while you have to watch your back for the opposite faction. Maybe things could have been changed differently for this event, also maybe we should go back to pay to play, idk. Anyways wish you guys the best, hopefully you'll come up with an event after this one to make up for this one. Back to grinding and hiding from OP asmos at the moment because my gear isn't up to par yet completely.

On a side note: thanks for the flash sale

give this man a cookie, he started playing in 2004 when aion was released in 2008

1 hour ago, Asacia-KT said:

give this man a cookie, he started playing in 2004 when aion was released in 2008

Thanks for the cookie, notice the question mark after the statement? Means i was unsure on what year i started but it was pretty close to the beginning, back before they merged onto Tiamat server. Anyways I shared my opinion on forums, have a good day sir/mame. Also to correct you the game wasnt released till 2010 in the US now that I googled it, so which means I started playing in 2011 or 2012. Thanks for correcting me too lol i was off by a lot of years.. 

16 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The price point of the temperings and omegas on the BCM are low enough so that people who have the cash will consider buying them, but high enough that there is no fear they will flood the game. Keep in mind they are -always- a limited time offer. Again.. game design. They want to make money, but they don't want to destroy the game. If all they wanted was money and didn't care about the health of the game, they would lower the price a bit and keep them on the BCM year round. Money would roll in continuously.

Binari said that spending 25k a year on the game was nothing to him. He isn't spending that a day or even a weekend.

I have a Prestige Pack. I occasionally spend on other things, but not on omegas or temperings. I earn those in game by doing things. So I am not free2play, but I am also not a whale. I do just fine in PvP. There are groups that melt my face, but for the most part.. I can hold my own. So I work in game and get what I need. Totally fair. I am competitive without being pay2win or hacking. 

As for Truely Free, have you actually looked at other games and their models? Look at Gameforge's Aion compared to ours, just as an example. For us, you can run every instance and wear every piece of gear (save the Casus which was taken down and never should have been in the game) without paying a dime in real money. You can own a house and decorate it. You can skin any piece of armor. You can craft skins. Everything in game.. absolutely free. Can you be the top PvPer? Sure. If you have the skill, the ping and the time. Is it very easier if you pay something? Sure. But the game in it's entirety is still free. Aion is almost unplayable under Gameforge's Gold Pack model. Sure you can buy the gold pack with kinah, but you are spending a certain portion of every month grinding kinah to buy it. I played SWToR. You have to -pay- to be able to turn your freaking hat off and can't wear the best armor unless you pay. GW2 puts some faces and some hairstyles behind a pay2use door. Other examples escape my mind right now but I am sure other people can chime in with out examples of really odd or awful free2play models. And why is this? Why does absolutely every single game either require you or entice you to pay to access important parts of their game? Because games are a business and not a charity. No company puts out a game out of the goodness and kindness of their hearts in order to make little/big children smile. They put out a game to make money, but first they have to cover overhead. Server space. The people that upkeep the servers. The artists and game designers who create the game. The building space for management. And on and on and on.

Its like you dont play the game lol. To gear up and be viable in pvp i need shit ton of temperings/omegas. This event was good to catch up with all those money cows...

To even be able and compete now i need lvl 80 abyys purifeyd gear,accesories tempered and on top of that braclet and rank A minion,cause ffs lol minions doing 10k+ dmg is so awesome. Some ppl cant farm 24/7 to get what thez need and "catch up". Ppl are mad cause NC fcked up not us,they fcked up they did not fix the problem but what they did is raise the prices. Ppl run in +25 gear with +11/+12 manastones and u want to tell me that they didnt p2w ? Its not fun when someone 2 shoot you and thats why this game is dead. Its ppl choice where to spend and on what to spend but NC is not fixing the problem,they just nyerk it up more

2 hours ago, Steefy-DN said:

Its like you dont play the game lol. To gear up and be viable in pvp i need shit ton of temperings/omegas. This event was good to catch up with all those money cows...

To even be able and compete now i need lvl 80 abyys purifeyd gear,accesories tempered and on top of that braclet and rank A minion,cause ffs lol minions doing 10k+ dmg is so awesome. Some ppl cant farm 24/7 to get what thez need and "catch up". Ppl are mad cause NC fcked up not us,they fcked up they did not fix the problem but what they did is raise the prices. Ppl run in +25 gear with +11/+12 manastones and u want to tell me that they didnt p2w ? Its not fun when someone 2 shoot you and thats why this game is dead. Its ppl choice where to spend and on what to spend but NC is not fixing the problem,they just nyerk it up more

So basically you saying they need to give you soul stones? While you can farm in the beginning of 5.8? 

No offence but i see how SPOILED some of players in na aion.

Some people were saying to us (people who tried to clear FM when it came out.)

THOSE FREE BEES SAID "why would you try so hard JUST WAIT NCSOFT WILL GIVE US GEARS LATER ON" 

Look now you guys crying not having lvl 80 gears.... YOU GUYS WANT FREE STUFF (not in money but try to grind soulstones) TOO MUCH IT IS ALMOST STINKS. 

I can show you some people who have 10~12 manastones WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY PURE GRIND. she only spent money on buying 100% manastones socketing sup. And she finish her gears to purify atleast armor parts.

STOP CRYING!!! Go farm your soulstones try to beat FM do you think people upgrade their gears without any grind? You cant buy soulstones i am almost finishing up all gears to upgrade it was pure grinding no money can buy soulstones

Let me point out one thing guys

I see some of 24/7 fatty farmer (1person) put 200 tempering solution(be4 nc shop)

If it was old prices 4000 tempering...

COME ON 1 PERSON FARMED 4K TEMPERING... GOOD GOD YOU GUYS HAVE NO LIFE.

let me show you if in that case what's gonna happen next...

some of people play with money in hand they will buy them ALL and enchanting acessories to 9~10+ not only that but also enchant stones, you guys complain some people 20+ their armor rite? Those people will havr 30+ if it was old prices.... 30+ 2 enchant skills on every armors... can you see now why they raise up their prices?

It was so importtant that they raise up the prices FOR YOU NOT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MONEY IN HAND WAKE UP.

40 minutes ago, BiNaRi-KT said:

I see some of 24/7 fatty farmer (1person) put 200 tempering solution(be4 nc shop)

some of people play with money in hand they will buy them ALL and enchanting acessories to 9~10+ not only that but also enchant stones, you guys complain some people 20+ their armor rite? Those people will havr 30+ if it was old prices.... 30+ 2 enchant skills on every armors... can you see now why they raise up their prices?

It was so importtant that they raise up the prices FOR YOU NOT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MONEY IN HAND WAKE UP.

How do you know for sure he got them from the event? You realize that many temperings costs like 70k coins right?

7 hours ago, Aml-KT said:

up here to keep the flame burning

OR improves or can shut the doors NC Shit

\o 

Not sure how things are on KT, but people are back to farming the Eye on DN.

Anyone can update for KT?

1 hour ago, BiNaRi-KT said:

So basically you saying they need to give you soul stones? While you can farm in the beginning of 5.8? 

THOSE FREE BEES SAID "why would you try so hard JUST WAIT NCSOFT WILL GIVE US GEARS LATER ON" 

Look now you guys crying not having lvl 80 gears.... YOU GUYS WANT FREE STUFF (not in money but try to grind soulstones) TOO MUCH IT IS ALMOST STINKS. 

I can show you some people who have 10~12 manastones WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY PURE GRIND. she only spent money on buying 100% manastones socketing sup. And she finish her gears to purify atleast armor parts.

STOP CRYING!!! Go farm your soulstones try to beat FM do you think people upgrade their gears without any grind? You cant buy soulstones i am almost finishing up all gears to upgrade it was pure grinding no money can buy soulstones

Okay you beat FM and you can spend a lot of money and don't care about this event reward.  There are other people who has done more FM than you, and spend more than you, and yet they are still upset.  We are not given stuff for free, we are okay we increase in rate, but 20-20x is too much.  If I played a class that only needs 1 weapon then I would already have all armor, accessory and 1 weapon, but since I use many weapons I have to save my weapon soulstone instead of exchanging it to armor.  I was expecting the soulstones to be around 10x more expensive, about 50 coins, so that would mean I can get 2 soulstones per hour.  With that in mind I skipped doing dredge, and sky island for a whole week.  Sky island takes about 5-10 minutes dredge takes about 20 minutes.  The opportunity cost to continue farming eye instead of doing other stuff in return gave me less than what I would of normally gained.  If you don't understand why people are upset, then you really are clueless.

And so what if they get soulstone's for farming fatties, you are upset that its free?  You do FM does it cost you anything?  Thats 25 soulstones you make in about 2 hours, compared to people making 1 soulstone at the moment farming fatties per hour. 

2 hours ago, BiNaRi-KT said:

LOL did i say i wanted free gear? I said they nyerked up did not fix the problem on time but raised the prices. I said it would help ppl to gear up/catch up, there are ppl with jobs/school who cant farm 24/7 like some ppl or be a cash cows. Congrats on beating FM jeez lmao

5 hours ago, BiNaRi-KT said:

You need to stop now. Your first mistake was admitting you don't mind throwing your wallet at your monitor when you are in the bcm because it let us know where your thoughts are coming from, along with every post you make. Just to clarify that not all people like you ,think like you're thinking right. We get it you are happy with the way things are because it suits how you play. We get it you don't care, you're essentially selfish in your thoughts. You are so biased at this point it's so silly.

For the last time and I'll put the point of the complaints in a different colour so you don't keep repeating. People are not angry because Ncsoft isn't allowing them to farm 4000k temperings for free. People are angry because they were different suggestions in a thread with far better ideas than what they did which was to basically say "We don't want you to gear up at all for free. We want you to buy those items from us. Made even more evident with the quick addition of the power up event which you probably love. I don't hate anyone that p2ws. It's their money and we are happy money keeps the game alive but at some point enough is enough.

If you enjoy pvping and killing people in 5 seconds because they can't compete with your gear okay good for you. If you find that engaging competitive pvp, good for you. At the end of the day they are still a lot more f2p people and when they leave the game will still shut despite donations to the online store. At least this way it dies by the hands of us the players and not Ncsoft deciding one day they have enough money time to cut our losses and leave. 

In regards to omega's and temper's being so easy to obtain,pre nerf, who care's more supply means much lower prices which benefits everyone pay2win and F2play.The only one's it doesnt benefit is ncwest because ppl can stockpile them for later chanting events,and buy them from the current flash sale which is just a bltant slap in the face and deliberate cashgrab.

As to purified gear with 6.0 not that far off gear should of just been purifiable with spinels and AP not add in all the soulstone's.Considering they are reverting to +15 gear max in 6.0 apparently this gear being able to chanted so high is another indication of their cash grabbing by getting people to buy omega's from their store to try and get +30 and higher gear before 6.0 hits and wipe's all that effort away.

If people want to throw 25k or more at a game good for you,most sane people even those with money prefer to win without their wallet's,nothing wrong with supporting a company financially but most people dont see the point of pvping if you win everytime by 2 shotting the player you engage.

Finally if people enjoyed this sort of gameplay and combined with hacker's we would not be seeing player's leaving in drove's and a steady decline of revenue on ncsofts financial releases.

3 hours ago, BiNaRi-KT said:

Or how about this?  How many artifact of knowledge do you have in your inventory?  The item you get from obtaining 4k pts in everagle.  As for me, I had 200 at one point, haven't done much since tia eye.  What if they raise the requirement per quest to 20x?  So you will need to exchange 40 artifact of knowledge for 1 soulstone?  That would be fair right?  Since evergale doesn't cost you a thing, people just afk it, log alts, same shit as tia eye fatties.  You would be fine with this as well?

^ sure. As long as everyone is working for it the same way. No cheap free handouts like these temporary events which only benefits the current ones playing but not the new players who joined the next week. How would they compete with the players who gets these handout from these events after the event is over? 

4 hours ago, Targutai-KT said:

How do you know for sure he got them from the event? You realize that many temperings costs like 70k coins right?

Do i have to explain this? Ok kid listen

1. I checked nc shop at that time they didnt put up temper for sale.

2. Who would put tempering for sale knowing there will be more tempering available?

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

^ sure. As long as everyone is working for it the same way. No cheap free handouts like these temporary events which only benefits the current ones playing but not the new players who joined the next week. How would they compete with the players who gets these handout from these events after the event is over? 

It is mmorpg ofc you need time for grind for stuff. Do you think some1 play for 2 years and someone play 2 days same? Do you think it is fair? 

Edit: why dont you ask to give all of us best gears in the beginning of everyday? If you want that play notaion they give free gears in the beginning

2 hours ago, zikira-KT said:

In regards to omega's and temper's being so easy to obtain,pre nerf, who care's more supply means much lower prices which benefits everyone pay2win and F2play.The only one's it doesnt benefit is ncwest because ppl can stockpile them for later chanting events,and buy them from the current flash sale which is just a bltant slap in the face and deliberate cashgrab.

As to purified gear with 6.0 not that far off gear should of just been purifiable with spinels and AP not add in all the soulstone's.Considering they are reverting to +15 gear max in 6.0 apparently this gear being able to chanted so high is another indication of their cash grabbing by getting people to buy omega's from their store to try and get +30 and higher gear before 6.0 hits and wipe's all that effort away.

If people want to throw 25k or more at a game good for you,most sane people even those with money prefer to win without their wallet's,nothing wrong with supporting a company financially but most people dont see the point of pvping if you win everytime by 2 shotting the player you engage.

Finally if people enjoyed this sort of gameplay and combined with hacker's we would not be seeing player's leaving in drove's and a steady decline of revenue on ncsofts financial releases.

Actually you know they reward and change 5.8 ap gears to 6.0 gears? In korean server if they have 30+ purified commander setschange  to best ap gears in 6.0?

If omega was cheap as i mention  people who has money will go for 30+ because of that reason. It means no metter how us try hard who as money will take us even at 6.0

I did farm too i have close to 2k i am upset too but if you guys want put an end of fighting against people has spend money you have to spend some money too. 

If you dont mind going slow on gears then grind more and spend less money or fast less grind and spend more money than others.

I do spend average 1k~2k but i have 3 fully geared toons. 300~700 per acconut. Isnt 300 per month is average spending in aion (talking about above average geared people)?

3 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

You need to stop now. Your first mistake was admitting you don't mind throwing your wallet at your monitor when you are in the bcm because it let us know where your thoughts are coming from, along with every post you make. Just to clarify that not all people like you ,think like you're thinking right. We get it you are happy with the way things are because it suits how you play. We get it you don't care, you're essentially selfish in your thoughts. You are so biased at this point it's so silly.

For the last time and I'll put the point of the complaints in a different colour so you don't keep repeating. People are not angry because Ncsoft isn't allowing them to farm 4000k temperings for free. People are angry because they were different suggestions in a thread with far better ideas than what they did which was to basically say "We don't want you to gear up at all for free. We want you to buy those items from us. Made even more evident with the quick addition of the power up event which you probably love. I don't hate anyone that p2ws. It's their money and we are happy money keeps the game alive but at some point enough is enough.

If you enjoy pvping and killing people in 5 seconds because they can't compete with your gear okay good for you. If you find that engaging competitive pvp, good for you. At the end of the day they are still a lot more f2p people and when they leave the game will still shut despite donations to the online store. At least this way it dies by the hands of us the players and not Ncsoft deciding one day they have enough money time to cut our losses and leave. 

I am not happy i am upset too. Me selfish? Maybe you are rite but arent we all think themslef first? Dont nyerking pretend anyone of us do. At the end me myself is first. 

Why cheaper tempering and omega hurt not only econ but also game itself? Whoever has money they will smile on cheap items instead 20+ they will 30+ 2 enchant skills... the gap between who spend money with grinding and who spend no money and no grind will always have gear gap that what this game is...

Ok good bye forum this is no point argue. 

Have some mercy on those who farmed 4k+ tempering and omega who is actually reason ncsoft raise up the prices.

They are the one should get blame for high prices not others.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:15 AM, BiNaRi-KT said:

I am not happy i am upset too. Me selfish? Maybe you are rite but arent we all think themslef first? Dont nyerking pretend anyone of us do. At the end me myself is first. 

Why cheaper tempering and omega hurt not only econ but also game itself? Whoever has money they will smile on cheap items instead 20+ they will 30+ 2 enchant skills... the gap between who spend money with grinding and who spend no money and no grind will always have gear gap that what this game is...

Ok good bye forum this is no point argue. 

Have some mercy on those who farmed 4k+ tempering and omega who is actually reason ncsoft raise up the prices.

They are the one should get blame for high prices not others.

You may be right with the gap between those who pay and those who don’t and again like what everybody is trying to tell you thats the whole point of an event. You clearly underestimate what f2p peeps can do with this event they can be on par with p2w, but that doesn’t limit them (p2w) from doing what f2p peeps can do.

This game just showed its true colors with p2w, it would have been nice if the event stayed with the same price making free loaders happy then came with this bcm sale to make p2w happy.

Economy damage forecast was already debunked.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived