Jump to content
Salle-DN

Whose ideas are these stupid GP base quests?

Recommended Posts

Quote

...yeah someone might also not se a reason to remove GP from luna resetting instances because many people "enjoyed" pay2rank system, but they removed it regardless.

The reason to remove from instances is simple. An unlimited ammount of GP given by your credit card. This is not the case of those quests. You have to invest time doing them, and its a small and limited ammount. 

Quote

I doubt anyone enjoys sitting in a camp with 50 more people, constantly hitting tab button and an instant skill hoping to get the kill on that camp.

Then... don't do that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

They should nerf GP gained from killing special mobs during siege. Its not worth to do the siege if you know how to PVE guards. 

AMEN.  Where have I seen that before lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Then... don't do that.
 

I am not doing it all day, I usually never do the balaur quests at all, and only do the elyos by accident because I need the camp to make the weeklies. The quests are retarded though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is I have 1 character who has been level 77-78 FOREVER!, and under-geared due to it being impossible for her to complete her campaign and other quests so she could obtain better gear, level, etc. It is impossible for her because the deeper she gets into Lakrum the more chance she'll get ganked by level 80 persons from the opposite faction before she can in most cases even get to the area where those quests are.

I understand Aion is open world PVP and it's what most of you out there live for, but some of us do enjoy PVE, and would like to get our quests completed so we can level up, get gear, etc., so at least we'd have a chance when coming upon an opposite faction member. The way this currently is is ridiculous!

In the old Abyss at least I could usually Fly high enough to get to where they are and complete my quests before worrying about PVP, but the way this is set up with no flying makes that impossible! I've even seen groups of opposite faction members storm right into a PERMANENT camp of my faction in order to get at someone who is under level and just trying to complete their quests. I'm talking about the camps that DO NOT ever change faction here so there's nothing for the group to gain except for one lowly PVP kill for only ONE of them. 

Something needs to change......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aieryn-DN said:

All I know is I have 1 character who has been level 77-78 FOREVER!, and under-geared due to it being impossible for her to complete her campaign and other quests so she could obtain better gear, level, etc. It is impossible for her because the deeper she gets into Lakrum the more chance she'll get ganked by level 80 persons from the opposite faction before she can in most cases even get to the area where those quests are.

I understand Aion is open world PVP and it's what most of you out there live for, but some of us do enjoy PVE, and would like to get our quests completed so we can level up, get gear, etc., so at least we'd have a chance when coming upon an opposite faction member. The way this currently is is ridiculous!

In the old Abyss at least I could usually Fly high enough to get to where they are and complete my quests before worrying about PVP, but the way this is set up with no flying makes that impossible! I've even seen groups of opposite faction members storm right into a PERMANENT camp of my faction in order to get at someone who is under level and just trying to complete their quests. I'm talking about the camps that DO NOT ever change faction here so there's nothing for the group to gain except for one lowly PVP kill for only ONE of them. 

Something needs to change......

Hey bro. 

Have you by any chance done all enshar/cygnea quests ? They give more experience than the lakrun ones.

Or you can have someone carry you through COE.

Or perhaps you could use the luna daily, since we have an exp buff going on right now.

It won't take more than a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

All I know is I have 1 character who has been level 77-78 FOREVER!, and under-geared due to it being impossible for her to complete her campaign and other quests so she could obtain better gear, level, etc. It is impossible for her because the deeper she gets into Lakrum the more chance she'll get ganked by level 80 persons from the opposite faction before she can in most cases even get to the area where those quests are.

I understand Aion is open world PVP and it's what most of you out there live for, but some of us do enjoy PVE, and would like to get our quests completed so we can level up, get gear, etc., so at least we'd have a chance when coming upon an opposite faction member. The way this currently is is ridiculous!

In the old Abyss at least I could usually Fly high enough to get to where they are and complete my quests before worrying about PVP, but the way this is set up with no flying makes that impossible! I've even seen groups of opposite faction members storm right into a PERMANENT camp of my faction in order to get at someone who is under level and just trying to complete their quests. I'm talking about the camps that DO NOT ever change faction here so there's nothing for the group to gain except for one lowly PVP kill for only ONE of them. 

Something needs to change......

You are being a crybaby. I have 11 characters at 80 and I got ganked plenty of times while doing it.

I also do camps on some of those 11 characters on a daily bases, and they are all in a mix of ancient PVE and PVP equipment.

Aion does not have a PVE server where PK is disabled and it will never have. Get used to it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

All I know is I have 1 character who has been level 77-78 FOREVER!, and under-geared due to it being impossible for her to complete her campaign and other quests so she could obtain better gear, level, etc. It is impossible for her because the deeper she gets into Lakrum the more chance she'll get ganked by level 80 persons from the opposite faction before she can in most cases even get to the area where those quests are.

I understand Aion is open world PVP and it's what most of you out there live for, but some of us do enjoy PVE, and would like to get our quests completed so we can level up, get gear, etc., so at least we'd have a chance when coming upon an opposite faction member. The way this currently is is ridiculous!

In the old Abyss at least I could usually Fly high enough to get to where they are and complete my quests before worrying about PVP, but the way this is set up with no flying makes that impossible! I've even seen groups of opposite faction members storm right into a PERMANENT camp of my faction in order to get at someone who is under level and just trying to complete their quests. I'm talking about the camps that DO NOT ever change faction here so there's nothing for the group to gain except for one lowly PVP kill for only ONE of them. 

Something needs to change......

You haven't been playing Aion very long and you have no idea what true ganking is. That's fine, though. Let me educate you. On Kaisinel, the Asmodians once actually took over Eltnen Fortress. The whole thing. Killed all the guards and camped it for hours. Take a moment and wrap your head around that. The -main- town in the second land you go to. It was impossible to quest in the Abyss.. and this was back when you pretty much had to quest there in order to level. You could fly to the furthest corner of the map and still Asmodians would find you. In order to get into Eracus Temple to level, you had to do a quest called "Killing for Castor". We literally got killed every few minutes by fully geared twinks that would one shot us as they ran back and forth across the Eastern Desert. They didn't even have to slow down. Likewise, Arbolu's and Jeiaparan were camped 24/7. I used to go to Theo on alts to kill sparkies way above my level just to have a moments peace. (FYI.. this was reversed on all the other servers.) What you are experiencing is head and shoulders better than the way things used to be.

If you can't manage to level from 77 to 80 in an hour or so, there is something seriously wrong with the way you are playing. I have managed to get my alt characters (in both factions on both servers) to level 80 and with their complete starter gear without every being killed by someone of the opposite faction. Starter gear is fine for both Mirash and CoE. If you are getting killed in those camps then I have to wonder if you were just afk in there or what? Port to the camp and enter your instance. Those guards hitting freaking hard and most people are not going to dive into them, though I am sure it happens. Plus there is luna. Leveling is nyerk easy this patch.

There is something about Aion that you really need to wrap your head around. YOU are a quest mob. I am a quest mob. We all are quest mobs. That "one lowly PvP kill" can spell 20 GP or 40 fighting spirit fragments. 

Nothing is going to change because nothing needs to change. You can minimize your exposure to PvP, but you will never be able to actually avoid it altogether because Aion is a PvPvE game.

And nothing you have to say has anything to do with the topic at hand anyway. Your inability to level can't be blamed on the GP quests that require bases to flip.

Edited by Aly-DN
peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You haven't been playing Aion very long and you have no idea what true ganking is. That's fine, though. Let me educate you. On Kaisinel, the Asmodians once actually took over Eltnen Fortress. The whole thing. Killed all the guards and camped it for hours. Take a moment and wrap your head around that. The -main- town in the second land you go to. It was impossible to quest in the Abyss.. and this was back when you pretty much had to quest there in order to level. You could fly to the furthest corner of the map and still Asmodians would find you. In order to get into Eracus Temple to level, you had to do a quest called "Killing for Castor". We literally got killed every few minutes by fully geared twinks that would one shot us as they ran back and forth across the Eastern Desert. They didn't even have to slow down. Likewise, Arbolu's and Jeiaparan were camped 24/7. I used to go to Theo on alts to kill sparkies way above my level just to have a moments piece. (FYI.. this was reversed on all the other servers.) What you are experiencing is head and shoulders better than the way things used to be.

Man if only Aion was like this again. I know so many WoW heads that are super happy that town raiding is going to be a thing again in classic WoW(dunno why it is currently not a thing).

 

#Nostalgia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Hey bro. 

Have you by any chance done all enshar/cygnea quests ? They give more experience than the lakrun ones.

Or you can have someone carry you through COE.

Or perhaps you could use the luna daily, since we have an exp buff going on right now.

It won't take more than a few hours.

This will really help- you'll level super quickly.

56 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

You are being a crybaby. I have 11 characters at 80 and I got ganked plenty of times while doing it.

I also do camps on some of those 11 characters on a daily bases, and they are all in a mix of ancient PVE and PVP equipment.

Aion does not have a PVE server where PK is disabled and it will never have. Get used to it 

Forget whomever  starts out with insulting you. That's part of why we're down to 2 servers.

Everyone has their own level of comfort with PVP, especially OW PVP.  You can't know what someone else's experiences have been,  how often they've been zerged, griefed so hard they wasted half of their daily playing time to get into the  one instance they wanted to do, etc..  Maybe Aion is a good fit for them, maybe not. It certainly has never helped anyone with problems dealing with PVP to either talk about how much harder it was "back when" or tell them to suck it up. That just discourages them more, whereas explaining different tactics they can use, or helping them to join up with people who would help them could really show better results. That's a win for everyone.

Edited by Rapier-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Forget whomever  starts out with insulting you. That's part of why we're down to 2 servers.

Everyone has their own level of comfort with PVP, especially OW PVP.  You can't know what someone else's experiences have been,  how often they've been zerged, griefed so hard they wasted half of their daily playing time to get into the  one instance they wanted to do, etc..  Maybe Aion is a good fit for them, maybe not. It certainly has never helped anyone with problems dealing with PVP to either talk about how much harder it was "back when" or tell them to suck it up. That just discourages them more, whereas explaining different tactics they can use, or helping them to join up with people who would help them could really show better results. That's a win for everyone.

Even if I could edit and remove that first sentence, it would have meant the same. I just said out loud.

And I don't think that that drove people away in the past. That's the company's job, to keep people playing and getting new players. And they are so much terrible at it. They say they have a localization team, yet most changes are hated by the community. Don't you dare thrown that blame on players, they just play the game the way it's handed to them.

Edited by KonkersGG-EK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Forget whomever  starts out with insulting you. That's part of why we're down to 2 servers.

 

"All I know is I have 1 character who has been level 77-78 FOREVER!"

When a person starts off with a statement like this and in caps FOREVER! kinda implys they been leveling it for quiet a long time. Especially true since they also said

"In the old Abyss at least I could usually Fly high enough to get to where they are and complete my quests before worrying about PVP"

 

While your intentions are good this particular person sounds like they do not even want to play that character or maybe even Aion at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Even if I could edit and remove that first sentence, it would have meant the same. I just said out loud.

And I don't think that that drove people away in the past. That's the company's job, to keep people playing and getting new players. And they are so much terrible at it. They say they have a localization team, yet most changes are hated by the community. Don't you dare thrown that blame on players, they just play the game the way it's handed to them.

Yes, its so easy not to take any responsibility for our actions. Even easier when you start to think of other players as quest mobs and forget that there are real people on the other end of that screen.

No company can EVER build a game that will keep people playing by itself. This is an MMO- everyone's actions go towards that goal. What you do directly impacts other people's enjoyment of the game. It has nothing to do with localization, but everything to do for respect for the community.

Edited by Rapier-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Yes, its so easy not to take any responsibility for our actions. Even easier when you start to think of other players as quest mobs and forget that there are real people on the other end of that screen.

No company can EVER build a game that will keep people playing by itself. This is an MMO- everyone's actions go towards that goal. What you do directly impacts other people's enjoyment of the game. It has nothing to do with localization, but everything to do for respect for the community.

What you are saying is that you should not kill someone in open world because it can hurt their feelings? Come on now. Be realistic. You said it yourself, it's a godamn MMO that has open world PVP and it is not going to be removed. I won't hold on my quests because it can hurt their feelings. Sure I'm not going to camp them to finish my quest entirely on them, but I WILL KILL THEM if I see them on the map.

And the company can create ways around that. Like making Queues from the UI instead of going to the entrance of the dungeon, and so on. But I'm sure that you know that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

Yes, its so easy not to take any responsibility for our actions. Even easier when you start to think of other players as quest mobs and forget that there are real people on the other end of that screen.

*snip*

But we are quest mobs? Defeat ENEMIES. That's literally what our quests say. It's you that is taking this personally and that's on you.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

What you are saying is that you should not kill someone in open world because it can hurt their feelings? Come on now. Be realistic. You said it yourself, it's a godamn MMO that has open world PVP and it is not going to be removed. I won't hold on my quests because it can hurt their feelings. Sure I'm not going to camp them to finish my quest entirely on them, but I WILL KILL THEM if I see them on the map.

And the company can create ways around that. Like making Queues from the UI instead of going to the entrance of the dungeon, and so on. But I'm sure that you know that too.

Where did I ever say that you can't kill someone  in OW- exaggerate much? that's right-  I never stated that anywhere, nor did I ever state or even insinuate that I wanted OW PVP removed.

If anyone is being unrealistic, it's those people who think that a company can somehow magically have a healthy game  without the community also playing its part. It wouldn't matter what was coded into a game,  in any healthy MMO, the players will create and respect  certain rules. It's necessary for many reasons, even for the one you provide-  by the time a gate to an instance is provide (IF) - players would be leaving with any issues easily for months. Some would quit if the problem was bad enough, which could easily happen on an unbalanced server.

 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

But we are quest mobs? Defeat ENEMIES. That's literally what our quests say. It's you that is taking this personally and that's on you.

giphy.gif

No clue what your post was trying to say at all. taking what personally?    snipping out what I wrote out of context to make what point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

If anyone is being unrealistic, it's those people who think that a company can somehow magically have a healthy game  without the community also playing its part. It wouldn't matter what was coded into a game,  in any healthy MMO, the players will create and respect  certain rules.

Companies play 80% of the role in a healthy community. The 3 roles the consumers/players have to do is to populate and participate and spend(not all players but on the whole this kinda is a requirement for the game to continue).

NCwest rewards players for not participating so 33% of the players ability to make the game healthy is removed. It is questionable to say Aion is populated but you can see people so we are going to have to say it is populated for the sake of the discussion.

Everything else is NCwests fault.

 

Edited by HealingSquid-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

Where did I ever say that you can't kill someone  in OW- exaggerate much? that's right-  I never stated that anywhere, nor did I ever state or even insinuate that I wanted OW PVP removed.

If anyone is being unrealistic, it's those people who think that a company can somehow magically have a healthy game  without the community also playing its part. It wouldn't matter what was coded into a game,  in any healthy MMO, the players will create and respect  certain rules. It's necessary for many reasons, even for the one you provide-  by the time a gate to an instance is provide (IF) - players would be leaving with any issues easily for months. Some would quit if the problem was bad enough, which could easily happen on an unbalanced server.

You said we can't consider them as mobs, but that's what they are in open world. Everyone playing games is pixels. Sure you play to have fun and if I can have fun in ancient gear, why can't the next person too? If you want to get endgame gear in a month to not be griefed, then P2W.

And I didn't understand your point on the gate thing. What problem? Why would people quit over it? KR and EU already have that functionality, and they have more players as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been enjoying the activity all over the map and the pvp has been crazy fun, but what's not fun is having to compete against friends and factionmates for quest credit. :/ I'd love to see changes made to the artifact quests so that they can be completed and shared within an alliance. I've already seen people bringing their alts along, and there's plenty of group vs group vs group vs group (a mix and match of elyos and asmodians all over the place)- so why not consolidate things into alliance vs alliance in open world? Not only is it damn fun, it gives incentive for players of the same faction to play together, more people will get their quests completed faster, it will be safer for lowbies and undergeared players to complete their genesis camps, and there will be waaaay less in-fighting. 

I really do appreciate a lot of the changes made to ranking up and GP but like others have said across various threads, it's extremely self-serving. Rather than encouraging players to work together, all I've seen as a result of the GP system in its current state is people selfishly wasting their xforms at the start of siege to get credit from the GP mobs, playing solo or in small groups outside the league to try getting higher tier rewards, and sniping artifact captains from other groups. Like honestly I give it maybe another week or two before we start seeing recruitment ads in LFG saying things like "GP quests- high dps only" and that's such a sad attitude to cultivate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just comment about open world pvp it's true that Aion is PvPvE game but they completely forgot now it's just PK game not so much PvP if your opponent is completely helpless and can't fight back o_o

Just got an idea from the lastest update gears that specify can use be on certain maps,maybe it wouldn't so much of pk if Aion is limited gears that can be use on certain maps.
But a lot of people doesn't want pvp they just want PK someone that's all :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
8 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

*snip* ...what's not fun is having to compete against friends and factionmates for quest credit. :/ *snip*

Just boiling down your quote a bit before I reply. I really agree. It's nuts how selfish Aion has become in the 6.x patches. Sieges once again inspire solo and small groups. The GP mobs push people to use a transform at the very beginning of the siege to get into the fort to kill those mobs and not for their traditional use, which was to help your faction push against the enemy. The ranking rewards in arenas have killed the competition of them and instead we see people spending hours upon hours queuing against their own alts to tie for first place. Even though things like the legendary kib bosses and Anomos drop for full leagues, players are making much smaller groups and attempting to outdps the league so they don't have to share the rollable rewards. Naked alts in the Pandora instances. Competing groups for flipping the camps for the GP quest. The list goes on and on. I honestly think the game is weaker for this. There really isn't a sense of us vs. them. It's more us vs. everyone else.

Totally unrelated to any of this, we are having this "I just want to PvE" push again. "I never gave my consent for PvP! It's against my willlllllllllllllll!" The moment you step onto a map that allows PvP, you gave your consent. You don't want to PvP? Then don't enter those maps. Ofc that means you cut yourself off from certain activities and gear, but that's your choice. There are games that can be played in complete safety. Aion isn't one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, there's been no "push for PVE" .  As soon as someone dares to raise their hand in these forums and mentions they're having any issues 2 things will happen:

1-some disparaging comment along the lines of "suck it up or GTFO", and/or some meme along those lines ---> most likely to occur-

2- someone will actually post some suggestions to help the person. 

We will always get someone on here who will ask for less PVP. So what? Like @Matsukamy-KT simply and quickly did, just try to give them some practical suggestions, without any judgment. Maybe they will even start to enjoy PVP a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   

Hello,

just to give everyone an update on these 2 quests. We're going to be swapping the resets for the quests (request was sent to the developers to swap it, so we are waiting for them to implement it). So the PvP one will become daily and the Lakrum Base quest will become weekly. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello,

just to give everyone an update on these 2 quests. We're going to be swapping the resets for the quests (request was sent to the developers to swap it, so we are waiting for them to implement it). So the PvP one will become daily and the Lakrum Base quest will become weekly. Thank you.

Awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 2:04 PM, Aly-DN said:

You haven't been playing Aion very long and you have no idea what true ganking is. That's fine, though. Let me educate you. On Kaisinel, the Asmodians once actually took over Eltnen Fortress. The whole thing. Killed all the guards and camped it for hours. Take a moment and wrap your head around that. The -main- town in the second land you go to. It was impossible to quest in the Abyss.. and this was back when you pretty much had to quest there in order to level. You could fly to the furthest corner of the map and still Asmodians would find you. In order to get into Eracus Temple to level, you had to do a quest called "Killing for Castor". We literally got killed every few minutes by fully geared twinks that would one shot us as they ran back and forth across the Eastern Desert. They didn't even have to slow down. Likewise, Arbolu's and Jeiaparan were camped 24/7. I used to go to Theo on alts to kill sparkies way above my level just to have a moments peace. (FYI.. this was reversed on all the other servers.) What you are experiencing is head and shoulders better than the way things used to be.

If you can't manage to level from 77 to 80 in an hour or so, there is something seriously wrong with the way you are playing. I have managed to get my alt characters (in both factions on both servers) to level 80 and with their complete starter gear without every being killed by someone of the opposite faction. Starter gear is fine for both Mirash and CoE. If you are getting killed in those camps then I have to wonder if you were just afk in there or what? Port to the camp and enter your instance. Those guards hitting freaking hard and most people are not going to dive into them, though I am sure it happens. Plus there is luna. Leveling is nyerk easy this patch.

There is something about Aion that you really need to wrap your head around. YOU are a quest mob. I am a quest mob. We all are quest mobs. That "one lowly PvP kill" can spell 20 GP or 40 fighting spirit fragments. 

Nothing is going to change because nothing needs to change. You can minimize your exposure to PvP, but you will never be able to actually avoid it altogether because Aion is a PvPvE game.

And nothing you have to say has anything to do with the topic at hand anyway. Your inability to level can't be blamed on the GP quests that require bases to flip.

Uh-Ummmmm!, I've been playing since release. That's 10+ years now, for one. I play Asmodians, for two, and I do have 6 other characters that ARE level 80. And, since I love Flying, I used to traverse the Abyss a lot so I do think I've some idea of what I'm talking about here. Fact is I could out-fly most ppl I came across regardless of their faction. And yes, I've been chased quite a few times while in the Abyss and even got caught once in a while due to my own stupidity. But this here in Lakrum is different. There's no room to maneuver and my new character (the one that's level 77-78, ((78 now)), doesn't have the fast mount/s (yet) my other characters have so she can't get away at all.

In addition, I never said anything about avoiding PVP. It's a fact of life in Aion which I've dealt with now for over 10 years. All I said was I'd like to at least have a chance to defend myself when it happens instead of being under geared and under level.

Also, I very much remember the Elthen fortress thing. It brightened my day in fact tho I wasn't a part of it.

And finally regarding the GP quests. It has a lot to do with it because I get ganked before I can even get to the enemy base and kill who I have to kill!!

And in completion just to clear things up for the 1st person who replied to my post: I'm a She as in Female both in real life and in game, so the term "bro" doesn't apply. I do very much appreciate your suggestions tho. It's a shame that most of my friends have left the game since 6.0's release so I have no one ATM to carry me through anything. I am currently looking for another game beside RO. where I can sprout bird like wings and fly with Aion's realism. But until I find that (if it even exists) I'm here for the duration anxiously hoping for change and with any luck, an elimination of transformations for good, lol.

Edited by Aieryn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×