Account banned due to suspicious activity @Cyan

Reality-KT

My account was randomly banned for "suspicious activities". Upon talking to support, this was the response they gave me:

https://imgur.com/HG04YdX

I haven't used a ping reducing program since 2014 and I can guarantee that I have never botted before. I do not use any 3rd party programs while playing Aion, the only logical explanation I can think of is someone reported me for AFKing Ancient Kibriums farming at the beach as them thought I was a bot? The GM I talked with refused to look into the issue (as seen in the image link, he won't look into the issue any further. I spent countless hours on this game gearing up my account and get banned for no reason?

What can I do???

1 hour ago, Reality-KT said:

My account was randomly banned for "suspicious activities". Upon talking to support, this was the response they gave me:

https://imgur.com/HG04YdX

I haven't used a ping reducing program since 2014 and I can guarantee that I have never botted before. I do not use any 3rd party programs while playing Aion, the only logical explanation I can think of is someone reported me for AFKing Ancient Kibriums farming at the beach as them thought I was a bot? The GM I talked with refused to look into the issue (as seen in the image link, he won't look into the issue any further. I spent countless hours on this game gearing up my account and get banned for no reason?

What can I do???

Rekt.

They don't say you were banned because of your IP. They say you were "observed in game" looking like a bot, which means they saw you.

Everyone that comes here for themselves or on behalf of a friend is always innocent. On the off-chance that you really are, what do you mean by "afk farming"? Are you using any kind of program/add-on/script to loot the body for the kib? Open a new ticket and explain exactly what you mean by "afk farming" and exactly how you manage the looting of the body. Also, ask for a senior GM to look at your ticket.

34 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Seriously, how tf do you afk farm without using a third-party program?

I assume this guy plays elyos since beach is at elyos's side of the map. Only way he can afk  and farm if he in group/alliance and others killing the kib mobs. Mobs dont die themselves :P if he swears that he isnt using a botting program. 

9 hours ago, Reality-KT said:

I do not use any 3rd party programs while playing Aion, the only logical explanation I can think of is someone reported me for AFKing Ancient Kibriums farming at the beach as them thought I was a bot? The GM I talked with refused to look into the issue (as seen in the image link, he won't look into the issue any further. I spent countless hours on this game gearing up my account and get banned for no reason?

What can I do???

No 3rd party programs? Not even to lower ping, vpn? Thats messed up if there isnt any proof needed to ban someone. I assume NCsoft uses xincode to check if someone using a 3rd party program ( maybe it doesnt work that way). Maybe try again and send another ticket to get a different gm if they respond.... Sorry that  lost your account

2 minutes ago, Heuo-DN said:

*snip*

No 3rd party programs? Not even to lower ping, vpn? Maybe send a ticket again to get a different gm. Thats messed up if there isnt any proof needed to ban someone.

He said he doesn't use anything to lower his ping and the ticket says that he was observed in game acting like a bot. It doesn't say anything about his IP.

Not saying that Support hasn't made mistakes on bans, but we need to stop confusing the issue.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I do it all the time. I log on my main account, and then I log my second account and join the alliance for afk kibrium farm. Someone keeps bringing the kibrium mobs close to the NPCs and kills the mobs there. Every 5-10 minutes I check for the bodies to loot. That's how you "afk farm".

2 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

I do it all the time. I log on my main account, and then I log my second account and join the alliance for afk kibrium farm. Someone keeps bringing the kibrium mobs close to the NPCs and kills the mobs there. Every 5-10 minutes I check for the bodies to loot. That's how you "afk farm".

It's not how everyone does. Purposefully didn't say how some people afk farm to see what the OP would say.

Pretty sure you have noticed the characters that are auto collecting the kib and aren't doing it the way you do.

Anyway, if he is legit, he should be able to have Support check the records and get unbanned.

Manually looting the bodies every 5-10 minutes is not "afking it" as you keep claiming and even if it were to be be true (which it is obviously not) then any player with a lick of sense would notice who is afking botting and looting and who is not.  You claim not to see any of this because your afk but also claim to be manually looting?  Which one is it?  Get off the fence, make up your mind, take a stand.  The bad thing about this is people seem to accept that afk botting this crap is accepted.  GMs should visit these spawns every so often and just flat out drop ban hammer on these morons standing around getting loot.

1 minute ago, Gabe-DN said:

Manually looting the bodies every 5-10 minutes is not "afking it" as you keep claiming and even if it were to be be true (which it is obviously not) then any player with a lick of sense would notice who is afking botting and looting and who is not.  You claim not to see any of this because your afk but also claim to be manually looting?  Which one is it?  Get off the fence, make up your mind, take a stand.  The bad thing about this is people seem to accept that afk botting this crap is accepted.  GMs should visit these spawns every so often and just flat out drop ban hammer on these morons standing around getting loot.

If you read carefully you will notice that I'm not the guy that was banned. And yes, if I don't kill the mobs and only loot the bodies when I remember to alt+tab, then I'm "afk farming". I don't even know the guy that was banned! Gosh people are so salty for no reason.

1. ncsoft dont wanna ban any player,  less play less money for them

2. i never saw ncsoft perma ban account without reason

3. if they do ban anyone in misstake they do reverse and unban but in this case not. he said he never use any program but i dont think so.

4. i met/knows many players who got ban but once they ticket they check issue and unban which is again in this case they are so confident that he/she used some kind of program

5. bot = hack they use same program 

edit: shugo console is HACK too, i know alot of people using it i hope they ban them too. 

it help alot if you know enough about aion.

6 hours ago, Heuo-DN said:

I assume this guy plays elyos since beach is at elyos's side of the map. Only way he can afk  and farm if he in group/alliance and others killing the kib mobs. Mobs dont die themselves :P if he swears that he isnt using a botting program.

5 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

I was meaning "fully AFK and could be considered a bot" not "tab in every five minutes and loot the bodies AFK" lol. xD

2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I was meaning "fully AFK and could be considered a bot" not "tab in every five minutes and loot the bodies AFK" lol. xD

Once you have your slaves working the bosses you can alt tab every 15 to 19 minutes and loot 6 corpses so its 99% afk xD

Sorry guys, was at work all day. Thanks for the replies even though some of you are trolling. I will try to answer most of your comments:

17 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Now you know next time you cheat put more $'s in for immunity LOL.

The only thing I bought was 1x prestige pass in November/December?, maybe that's why they do not care about providing proof before banning me. Squid I've played with you and Orange (I am Aug/Justin/Down). 

11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

They don't say you were banned because of your IP. They say you were "observed in game" looking like a bot, which means they saw you.

Everyone that comes here for themselves or on behalf of a friend is always innocent. On the off-chance that you really are, what do you mean by "afk farming"? Are you using any kind of program/add-on/script to loot the body for the kib? Open a new ticket and explain exactly what you mean by "afk farming" and exactly how you manage the looting of the body. Also, ask for a senior GM to look at your ticket.

They observed me, so why can't they provide proof? It's like putting someone in jail for murder with them not having a chance to defend themselves. I LITERALLY GOT 1 RESPONSE FROM THE GM AND IT WAS JUST THAT IMAGE (saying they won't look into it further).

I am coming here for myself, sadly I don't have friends :<.

AFK farming is basically for the Elyos side on the beach. There are 2 Ancient Kibrium bosses that spawn. The Elyos have an alliance going there almost 24/7 with 80% of the people AFKing and coming back to pick up loot every 5-10 minutes. It's free guap. Some people do it with 6+ clients (not me). I am not aware of any bots doing this, people just AFK and come back after 5-10 minutes to pick up the Kib as I stated.

I am not using any kind of program/add-on/script on looting the body, I do it all manually as mentioned. How I loot is SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK.

The GM was not specific at all and he told me explicitly they wouldn't look at this issue anymore (what kind of logic is this as they've wrongly banned people before). I will try the senior GM route.

11 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Answered right above! You must be asmo cause every Elyos knows this and AFK farms beach as alliance is going on there almost 24/7.

10 hours ago, Heuo-DN said:

No 3rd party programs? Not even to lower ping, vpn? Thats messed up if there isnt any proof needed to ban someone. I assume NCsoft uses xincode to check if someone using a 3rd party program ( maybe it doesnt work that way). Maybe try again and send another ticket to get a different gm if they respond.... Sorry that  lost your account

I stopped using VPNs since I came back to the game. I used BattlePing/WTFast in 2014 when I last played.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING, ITS MESSED UP. The GM I talked to REFUSED to provide proof. I'm actually starting to believe because I stopped spending money on this game they don't care about my account. 

Thanks for the overall support dude lol. I will probably quit the game even if I get my account appealed, this is just sad, how they treat a loyal player since 2009 who bought subscriptions and a physical copy of the game when it came out. Literally did nothing wrong. 

10 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

He said he doesn't use anything to lower his ping and the ticket says that he was observed in game acting like a bot. It doesn't say anything about his IP.

Not saying that Support hasn't made mistakes on bans, but we need to stop confusing the issue.

I am 100% sure it was a mistake. You don't need to trust me, but if I really did bot I wouldn't still be stuck at 3 pieces of Red gear 6 months into the patch LOL.

9 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Yes, exactly what I do. I don't dual client often. Last time I did it was a month ago?

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

It's not how everyone does. Purposefully didn't say how some people afk farm to see what the OP would say.

Pretty sure you have noticed the characters that are auto collecting the kib and aren't doing it the way you do.

Anyway, if he is legit, he should be able to have Support check the records and get unbanned.

You don't need to test me lol, I have no motif to lie to you over the internet

I haven't noticed this, when people do this method they literally check once every 5-10 minutes and dont read chat or anything, loot their toons 1 at a time and just AFK again

I want them to check my account thoroughly, I know I didn't cheat. I seriously don't even know how to download bots, nor have I even google'd it before LOL. I play this game for fun and friends not to do that stuff

7 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, the ticket said the decision is final, so...

Honestly, I don't care about bots, I think NC should focus on the rampant hacking, but I don't believe one word this guy says.

TBH, they didn't specify I was botting, they actually think I hack LOL. Which is even more ridiculous because I am a shit player. I have been killing alot of bots for the 50 kill quest on my sin for the fragments. Maybe one of the "bots" was actually a player and reported me for hacking because I kept killing them over and over again??

What have I ever done to you lol. I get this is the internet, but you're belief is what makes the Aion/MMO community so shit.

5 hours ago, Gabe-DN said:

Huh, I AFK for any where between 5-10 minutes and come back to manually loot the bodies. I think you are just misunderstanding what I am saying. How is AFKing for loot bannable, just because that's what you believe doesn't make you right LOL. If I were to bot this, you really think I would do it on my main account??

5 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

If you read carefully you will notice that I'm not the guy that was banned. And yes, if I don't kill the mobs and only loot the bodies when I remember to alt+tab, then I'm "afk farming". I don't even know the guy that was banned! Gosh people are so salty for no reason.

IKR LOL WHY IS THIS GUY SO MAD???

4 hours ago, BEAT-DN said:

1. ncsoft dont wanna ban any player,  less play less money for them

2. i never saw ncsoft perma ban account without reason

3. if they do ban anyone in misstake they do reverse and unban but in this case not. he said he never use any program but i dont think so.

4. i met/knows many players who got ban but once they ticket they check issue and unban which is again in this case they are so confident that he/she used some kind of program

5. bot = hack they use same program 

edit: shugo console is HACK too, i know alot of people using it i hope they ban them too. 

it help alot if you know enough about aion.

1. Yeah, I stopped paying them money, so they don't really care about me

2. It's actually happened quite a few times before if you look around of the forums

3. Yeah they have reversed banned before as they realized it was their mistake, but for some reason they don't want to look into my case again. NOT EVEN ONCE according to this GMs response?

4. I didn't use ANY 3rd party program. I am not lying LOL, you guys really need to understand I play this game for FUN.

5. Yeah, they might have banned me for assuming I hack? I've been killing alot of bots for the 50 kill quest with my assassin in orange gear. Maybe one of them was a real player and reported me?

I have never used shugo console in my life. I do know alot about aion, I've been playing on and off since 2009 lol

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Sorry for misunderstanding, I was not fully AFK.

4 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Yeah, well, he wouldn't admit to it in the forums though...

I'm honest. I would actually admit it if I was botting.........

4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Once you have your slaves working the bosses you can alt tab every 15 to 19 minutes and loot 6 corpses so its 99% afk xD

Yep, Elyos always have an Ally going like this.

I don't know what else to tell you guys to make myself more transparent lol, even if I get unbanned, there's no point of playing a game where you can get accused for shit you didn't do with GMs like this. Worked hard s for my 3 pieces of ultimate gear since coming back in 6.0 LOL. Sad they can't ban real hackers and ban legit players without any proof. 

Thing is, a lot of people have sworn up and down that they don't hack when they've been caught blatantly hacking (best ones are when they've streamed themselves hacking and claim they don't hack), so forgive us our swift skepticism, lol. We really, truly, sorrowfully have little reason to believe or trust you. :/

You can keep replying to that ticket and asking for a senior GM to review your account. It is really rare that they ban anyone for anything in this game, to where even the bot bans are a recent development. It could be an accident, if you really are telling the truth.

99% of games will never reveal their evidence for your cheating, as that can compromise their detection methods.

If you are innocent, I do hope you can be unbanned and sorry to see you go if it is a false ban that they won't review.

If you aren't innocent:

ob2kOxY.png

2 hours ago, Reality-KT said:

The only thing I bought was 1x prestige pass in November/December?, maybe that's why they do not care about providing proof before banning me. Squid I've played with you and Orange (I am Aug/Justin/Down). 

Some times you have to msg them like 6 times and then msg them from another account. I had this issue when i got banned for whispering the CC hackers back in the day it took me 2 weeks to get un-banned and 2 emails since they did not reply to my main one. On the second email try to get it escalated Asap so you do not have to deal with the muppets that do not know anything about Aion.

One other possibility -- and what HAS happened within the past year, and we have proof of it on these forums -- is someone else who is sharing an IP with you might have been hacking. So your IP was banned, including you.

banning my IP address preventing me and many others at my institute from accessing Aion and other NCsoft games

Source thread:

As you can see, it has happened before. One person got banned, and everyone at his university got banned too.

Does anyone who plays Aion share an IP with you? Could this be a possibility?

The only issue is that the note from Support didn't say that his account "was associated with accounts". Rather it said that his account was "observed". 

I suppose he could be sharing the account and the other person used a program to bot or hack. (Botting is hacking, btw. It's all 3rd person programs.) But in that case the new Account Sharing Rules would kick in and the account would still be banned.

I don't know. We saw someone recently who was banned for 3rd party and everyone sort of snickered behind their hands because the guy was not only guilty as sin, but also a douche canoe. He didn't spend. And then suddenly he was unbanned.

Support sucks.

Keep messaging and opening tickets and eventually they will probably give you what you want.

Though. Be aware of what Cake said. There is not a single gaming company out there that will provide you proof of your crimes. You can see why they wouldn't, if you calm down enough and look at this rationally. The last thing any gaming company wants to do is make it easier to circumvent their methods for detecting 3rd party. And they don't have to show you anything. It's their game and you are a guest in it. Break their rules and they can ban you from playing.

TBH, they didn't specify I was botting, they actually think I hack LOL. Which is even more ridiculous because I am a shit player. I have been killing alot of bots for the 50 kill quest on my sin for the fragments. Maybe one of the "bots" was actually a player and reported me for hacking because I kept killing them over and over again??

What have I ever done to you lol. I get this is the internet, but you're belief is what makes the Aion/MMO community so shit.

It says clearly automated gameplay on the picture you showed. So, it isn't hacking.

I have nothing against you, but, we here have seen many times people coming to forums and swear they don't hack, and then their in game friends come and tell how nice of a person they are, etc. That doesn't help your case.

99% of games will never reveal their evidence for your cheating, as that can compromise their detection methods.

I don't think they have a method at all, they just log in and look at the behavior case by case. I remember in the first weeks of EK, I saw a group of bots, and was commenting on LFG, and then all of a sudden, an actual GM appeared where I was, asking about the bots. He wouldn't do that, if he didn't had to check in game how the bots behave.

So, we cannot trust what this guy says, but I don't think we should trust NC either.

Archived