NC Soft at 3E 2020

Vessttemona-KT

GW2 has a booth, too.

I think this is NCsoft's first big, official appearance at a PAX event since 2012/2013. Doesn't look like they're doing anything with BnS, Aion, the mobile games, or L2. Just GW2 and this new game.

I think that's the coolest looking booth they've done in the years I've known them.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:31 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm not really into music games like this, but I hope it works out for them.

...it won't work out for them, MMORPG players are not trending like NCSof thinks (or wishes) we do. This thing right there belongs to kids 15~20yo that like TikTok, Musicaly and Instagram.

Aion as an MMORPG lost everything it had about its identity. It was supposed to be an Epic game with warlords, wizards, paladins and warriors with massive sieges etc. It is like Dungeons and Dragons in 3D graphics.

This screenshot right there that Capa posted is the absolute exact opposite of what Epic MMORPG gamers are.

This could have a reason to exist in Fortnite, Hello Kitty even Candy Crash. But not Aion or GW or other (supposedly) epic MMORPG game.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Fuser isn't an MMO, though.

Yes I got carried by the name NCSoft and thought this was a mashup of their mmorpg games and music, they are making something like DJ Hero but they put some 3D models to do exactly what most DJs do... pretend to hit buttons and shake their bodies around.

17 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes I got carried by the name NCSoft and thought this was a mashup of their mmorpg games and music, they are making something like DJ Hero but they put some 3D models to do exactly what most DJs do... pretend to hit buttons and shake their bodies around.

It's the same people who made Rock Band and Dance Central, so it could be interesting.

It looks like you can mix four different parts of over 100 songs to make your own sounds, do quests, etc. I'm not at PAX E, so I can't try it for myself. :(

On 28/2/2020 at 11:03 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

you forgot to say "and call it their music"

Archived