[Aion 7.5] GemStone Skills

Violeta-KT

Gemstones come in 3 colors Red/Blue/Green. In order to equip a Gemstone you must first unlock a Gemstone slot on an Accessory (only Necklace/Earrings/Rings/Belts). Unlocking a Gemstone slot requires 100 Blessed Manastone Fastners which can be Aetherforged (1p) using 1000 Manastone Fastners. When expanding a Gemstone slot there is a 30% chance of getting 1 of the 3 colors or 10% chance of a slot that accepts any color. You must equip Gemstones of the same color (5 Normal or 3 Shining or 1 Dazzling) to unlock the corresponding Gemstone Skill.

Identifying a Gemstone will also apply a random skill boost, a list of each possible skill boost is here.

Enchanting a Gemstone to +5 activates an additional effect. Each Gemstone color has a different additional effect, and it is the same for every class:

• Red Gemstone +5: For 5 sec reduces HP Recovery effect by 30%
  • Blue Gemstone +5: For 8 sec reduces PvE/PvP defense by 500
  • Green Gemstone +5 : Reduces the Cooldown of Remove Shock by 10 sec.

• Gladiator
    • odi_dropimpact.pngodi_jumpattack.pngodi_parryfocus.png
  • Templar
    • odi_godjudgement.pngodi_fortitudewave.pngodi_protectshield.png
  • Assassin
    • odi_dashattack.pngodi_stormslash.pngodi_raidstance.png
  • Ranger
    • odi_arrowstorm.pngodi_steelarrow.pngodi_instantsprint.png
  • Sorcerer
    • odi_raisingstorm.pngodi_frozenfield.pngodi_physicalwall.png
  • Spiritmaster
    • odi_cursedbreath.pngodi_magicalbreakdown.pngodi_escape.png
  • Cleric
    • odi_thunderbolt.pngodi_divinespark.pngodi_phoenixstep.png
  • Chanter
    • odi_presssmash.pngodi_swordbind.pngodi_renewedvitality.png
  • Gunslinger
    • odi_snipingshot.pngodi_gravitycannon.pngodi_checkingtoavoid.png
  • Aethertech
    • odi_overloadexplosion.pngodi_flamethrow.pngodi_itheumreflector.png
  • Songweaver
    • odi_songofgale.pngodi_magicaldestruction.pngodi_songofhope.png
  • Vandal
    • odi_paintthrow.pngodi_chargingplaster.pngodi_paintshield.png

Many of these skills are game changing, clerics can self cleanse Para/Sleep/Fear, what? You might need to farm duplicate Accessories since you can get screwed while expanding and not get enough of the slot color needed. Probably should open the Gemstone slot before the manastone slots.

@Violeta-KT thx a lot great post :D

33 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

Which gemstone skill does that? Sorry, I am still trying to wrap my head around all this. ?

violeta is so good at making guides, that you can actually click on the little skill images and get redirected to the skill info lol

@Arhangelos-KT you use icon_item_synthesis01.png Extraction Solvent, on Wings, Bracelet, Plume and accesories to get icon_item_enchant_grind_item_dust_01.pngRefining Stone Dust, you assemble 100 of these and get a icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png Refining stone, you just use it like a normal enchantment over the Runes and Gemstones.

P.S.  Omegalul, please send Templars to retirement, Vandal on top  their 60% dmg reduction ''iron skin'' stigma, now they have a 100k shield with Gems, GG.

as usual sorc skills are worthless in comparison to the other classes.

Really, the developers should allow anyone playing sorc to have  a free one-time ticket to re-roll the class of their choosing with all of of their titles, gear and items mapped to the selected class.

Then they can delete the class. They really don't have a clue .

44 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

The Frost Binding skill is not too bad because it cannot be removed/dispelled. Inhuman Toughness could go either way. On one hand, you can't use any skills while it's in effect, but on the other hand, it reduces your Remove Shock CD by 10 seconds.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

you use icon_item_synthesis01.png Extraction Solvent, on Wings, Bracelet, Plume and accesories to get icon_item_enchant_grind_item_dust_01.pngRefining Stone Dust, you assemble 100 of these and get a icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png Refining stone, you just use it like a normal enchantment over the Runes and Gemstones.

Sorry, could you elaborate on this a bit more? I was out of town for two days at the start of this patch, and I feel so lost about many things now since I missed all the legion chat/lfg questions that were being asked and answered during that time lol. So if I use the Extraction Solvent on a bracelet (or whatever) to get the Refining Stone Dust, does it destroy the bracelet? In other words, should I only be doing this on rubbish gear I don't intend to keep? And when you say you use it like an enchantment stone, is this what gives your gemstone the +5 effect over time?

24 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Sorry, could you elaborate on this a bit more? I was out of town for two days at the start of this patch, and I feel so lost about many things now since I missed all the legion chat/lfg questions that were being asked and answered during that time lol. So if I use the Extraction Solvent on a bracelet (or whatever) to get the Refining Stone Dust, does it destroy the bracelet? In other words, should I only be doing this on rubbish gear I don't intend to keep? And when you say you use it like an enchantment stone, is this what gives your gemstone the +5 effect over time?

the solvent is a new extraction tool, so yep the item gets destroyed, also if you extract the item the normal way you only will get manastone fastenrs and Zero refining Dust, about what items to extract i would use only the best you can get, always Ultimate grade, wings prefareble or necklace/bracelet, to maximize the amount of refining dust, because this solvent can be tricky to get, the sources are very few with weekly caps, and with Fame renown lv 6 and higher. (you can get 5 easy per week, 3 from lugbug and 2 from aetherforging)

the extra +5 effect you get it by enchating the gems and runes with this icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png&key= Refining stones. 
BUT note that the New skills gets unlocked according to the gemstone quality, Normal, Brilliant and Dazlling. The greater the quality the less amount of Gemstones of same skill you need to have socketed to unlock said skill.

for example you want this chanter skill odi_renewedvitality.png you need to have 1 Dazzling gem, or 3 Brilliants gems or 5 common gems green color, socketed and then the skill gets unlocked. To get the extra secondary effect (Remove shock CD reduction) you will have to get them to +5.

if the enchanting fails, gems/runes became corrupted, they still work, but can't be enchanted anymore, unless you Purify/Cleanse? them with some item i don't have a clue how to get.

19 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The Frost Binding skill is not too bad because it cannot be removed/dispelled. Inhuman Toughness could go either way. On one hand, you can't use any skills while it's in effect, but on the other hand, it reduces your Remove Shock CD by 10 seconds.

It extracts it for manastone fasteners, if you also use this solvent you also get the dusts. Edit: Devil got me on this first

I am practically done with 7.5, the amount of bs they brought to the game is insane.

45 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Snip

OK- look at the SM  who now have 3 useful skills, the Vandal shield, the cleric remove para/sleep/fear . not that every class has amazing skills but I don't see a single class that requires someone to be immobilized (second such skill for sorcs) . 

So, they basically repeated an existing vision stigma  that is semi-useful as it is very situational (repulsion field)  and an existing stigma (winter binding) which is again semi-useful (adding- the non-removable effect) and which I rarely socket, and added a not very impressive  damage skill. Looks like they phoned this in. Not at all impressed.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

the solvent is a new extraction tool, so yep the item gets destroyed, also if you extract the item the normal way you only will get manastone fastenrs and Zero refining Dust, about what items to extract i would use only the best you can get, always Ultimate grade, wings prefareble or necklace/bracelet, to maximize the amount of refining dust, because this solvent can be tricky to get, the sources are very few with weekly caps, and with Fame renown lv 6 and higher. (you can get 5 easy per week, 3 from lugbug and 2 from aetherforging)

the extra +5 effect you get it by enchating the gems and runes with this icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png&key= Refining stones. 
BUT note that the New skills gets unlocked according to the gemstone quality, Normal, Brilliant and Dazlling. The greater the quality the less amount of Gemstones of same skill you need to have socketed to unlock said skill.

for example you want this chanter skill odi_renewedvitality.png you need to have 1 Dazzling gem, or 3 Brilliants gems or 5 common gems green color, socketed and then the skill gets unlocked. To get the extra secondary effect (Remove shock CD reduction) you will have to get them to +5.

if the enchanting fails, gems/runes became corrupted, they still work, but can't be enchanted anymore, unless you Purify/Cleanse? them with some item i don't have a clue how to get.

Thank you, your explanation is very helpful!

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Snip

OK- look at the SM  who now have 3 useful skills, the Vandal shield, the cleric remove para/sleep/fear . not that every class has amazing skills but I don't see a single class that requires someone to be immobilized (second such skill for sorcs) . 

So, they basically repeated an existing vision stigma  that is semi-useful as it is very situational (repulsion field)  and an existing stigma (winter binding) which is again semi-useful (adding- the non-removable effect) and which I rarely socket, and added a not very impressive  damage skill. Looks like they phoned this in. Not at all impressed.

SMs Shadow Insignia, is situational at best. Its the green gemstone which gives the 10sec remove shock reduction, but it can't be used in combat, so it can only be used as an opener to drop target or in between fights. I'd take Sorcs green gemstone over that in a heartbeat. Inhuman toughness doesn't immobilize you, it silences you. Repulsion Field at +15 paralyzes anyone that hits you for 3sec and I've seen Sorcs in Korea use it to great effect. Since you are comparing SMs Gemstones, their Red Gemstone has a base Damage of 3200 while Sorcs red gemstone has a base of 1950 x 3 if that is unimpressive why is SMs so useful? Lastly Sorcs Blue Gem Stone, Frost Binding, is a second Winter Binding (the AoE root) not the stigma skill Ice sheet. It's also the strongest snare at 70% speed Reduction.

2 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

You get icon_item_enchant_purifier_dust01.png by extracting Gemstones/Runestones. 100 can be combined to make icon_item_enchant_purifier_01.png which can be used to cleanse the gem/rune. Every time a Gem/Rune is corrupted it will take increasing amounts of potions to cleanse it, the potions are pretty hard to get so this could be a problem.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It extracts it for manastone fasteners, if you also use this solvent you also get the dusts.

When using an Extraction Solvent on Accessories you get Refining Dust instead of Manastone Fastners. If used on a PvP Item you also get Fighting Spirit Fragments.

13 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

When using an Extraction Solvent on Accessories you get Refining Dust instead of Manastone Fastners. If used on a PvP Item you also get Fighting Spirit Fragments.

Oh ok, I didn't know that, that is one more thing to add to the confusion lol.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

@Violeta-KT thx a lot great post :D

violeta is so good at making guides, that you can actually click on the little skill images and get redirected to the skill info lol

LMAO, thanks @DevilNest-KT. I actually did hover over the icons before I made my post to see if they had a URL attached to them, but for some reason the link didn't show up. ? Sorry!

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2020 at 9:25 PM, Rapier-DN said:

Really, the developers should allow anyone playing sorc to have  a free one-time ticket to re-roll the class of their choosing with all of of their titles, gear and items mapped to the selected class.

Then they can delete the class. They really don't have a clue .

[rant]Yeah i really have no idea what the thought process of the developers must be regarding sorcerers. We finally get some worthwhile shield and they go nah they can't have that lets make them silence themselves while using it, its not enough that most other classes can silence/para/stun lock us and have enough damage to kill while it lasts, and we are completely disabled when silenced(physical classes can still attack when silenced and heal, buff, shield when blinded) with zero to none recovery options after if we even survive that long. Sure thanks ill just wait 30% longer to die now, the effect is going to be the same.

These kind of skills work for healing/tanking classes, because they can use it between healing/shield cooldowns to buy themselves some time and pop a heal after it, we dont have those so using such a skill that silences us and then if we manage to survive we end up with a ton of dots and debuffs that we are as good as dead, basically what happens with repulsion field most of the times, it might be helpful when in group but then you have to rely on heals, solo its seems more of a punishment for using it that an advantage. The other two skills are just meh. That combined with the pointless cc DP skill and the pointless-er Divine Daevanion which slightly different version of the same cc DP skill, and the fact that most of our stigmas when enchanted just give reduced cooldowns, instead of dmg increase like a normal person(stigma), useless stigmas that never got with the times like wintry, elemental ward, curse of weakness and i start thinking who in the dev team got hurt by a sorcerer as a child(Varys is that you in there) that grew up hating out class so much.[/rant]

Maybe i'm not getting something, if so feel free to correct me.

The problem with sorcs is that all the other classes became dps classes while they kept their original role. Even the most solid tank... the templar is also a dps class by pvp standards.

A sorc was a dps only class and remains a dps only, but with the others classes having shields, heals, resistances etc PLUS dmg we are left just a piece of glass that does the same dmg to everyone else without having good survivability.

Sleep is obsolete, it takes so long to cast that we die before it finishes its animation.

21 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

[rant]Yeah i really have no idea what the thought process of the developers must be regarding sorcerers. We finally get some worthwhile shield and they go nah they can't have that lets make them silence themselves while using it, its not enough that most other classes can silence/para/stun lock us and have enough damage to kill while it lasts, and we are completely disabled when silenced(physical classes can still attack when silenced and heal, buff, shield when blinded) with zero to none recovery options after if we even survive that long. Sure thanks ill just wait 30% longer to die now, the effect is going to be the same.

These kind of skills work for healing/tanking classes, because they can use it between healing/shield cooldowns to buy themselves some time and pop a heal after it, we dont have those so using such a skill that silences us and then if we manage to survive we end up with a ton of dots and debuffs that we are as good as dead, basically what happens with repulsion field most of the times, it might be helpful when in group but then you have to rely on heals, solo its seems more of a punishment for using it that an advantage. The other two skills are just meh. That combined with the pointless cc DP skill and the pointless-er Divine Daevanion which slightly different version of the same cc DP skill, and the fact that most of our stigmas when enchanted just give reduced cooldowns, instead of dmg increase like a normal person(stigma), useless stigmas that never got with the times like wintry, elemental ward, curse of weakness and i start thinking who in the dev team got hurt by a sorcerer as a child(Varys is that you in there) that grew up hating out class so much.[/rant]

Maybe i'm not getting something, if so feel free to correct me.

Agreed, repulsion  only works to buy time in a group (sometimes) talking about +15 repulsion  in Korea is not realistic for NA. How many sorcs are running with that?  However- even more important -  at this point in the game  why don't sorcs have anything to block magical damage- as  elemental ward is meh - and does anyone use even use COW?  For physical damage wintry is waaaay behind the times, maybe the improved is worth it but playing a class that considers freezing someone in place or preventing them from using any skills as both of their ultimate shields is  really trolling.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The problem with sorcs is that all the other classes became dps classes while they kept their original role. Even the most solid tank... the templar is also a dps class by pvp standards.

A sorc was a dps only class and remains a dps only, but with the others classes having shields, heals, resistances etc PLUS dmg we are left just a piece of glass that does the same dmg to everyone else without having good survivability.

Sleep is obsolete, it takes so long to cast that we die before it finishes its animation.

Cheer up guys. In 7.7 almost every class  gets additional AOE skills. That will be even better for us, right? I mean it it isn't as though sleep breaks on damage right? The future doesn't look too bright yet.

5 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

Cheer up guys. In 7.7 almost every class  gets additional AOE skills. That will be even better for us, right? I mean it it isn't as though sleep breaks on damage right? The future doesn't look too bright yet.

...our casting sleep is already outdated since 6.0 when everyone is practically attacking at full attack speed without the need of buffs.

• 3 months later...

"You must equip Gemstones of the same color (5 Normal... " Can I really equip 5 gemstones of blue color? I bought 3 blue gemstones (Chanter), their names are same, but the 1st skill different, I socketed 1 with Pentacle Shock, and it doesn't let me socket any more, trying to socket those with Backshock

W99pAhJ.png 

TI6ouvS.png

My questions: 1) Does it prevent me from socketing a 2nd one because their boost skills are different? Will it allow it with same skills?

2. Should I socket them to 5 in the window left from Profile only?

3. Will I get Binding Spell if I socket 5 blue gemstones without refinement? The info in the in-game description  is somewhat contradictive: +1  Binding Spell obtained under Refinement Effect, then "If you socket 5... you will receive the Gemstone skill effect"

4. If I socketed 1, is there any effect? (The skill pentacle shock didn't change) 

5. The procedure of getting Refining Stones is crazy, from the description here, but if I decide to do it, can I refine the soicketed gemstone? Can I take a gemstone out of the socket or it will be destroyed? Will I have an effect from refining 1 of 5 gemstones, or should refine all 5? Will I have an effect for refining one gemstone to +1? Returning to q3, what exactly do I need for getting Binding Spell skill?   

40 minutes ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

"You must equip Gemstones of the same color (5 Normal... " Can I really equip 5 gemstones of blue color? I bought 3 blue gemstones (Chanter), their names are same, but the 1st skill different, I socketed 1 with Pentacle Shock, and it doesn't let me socket any more, trying to socket those with Backshock

W99pAhJ.png 

TI6ouvS.png

My questions: 1) Does it prevent me from socketing a 2nd one because their boost skills are different? Will it allow it with same skills?

2. Should I socket them to 5 in the window left from Profile only?

3. Will I get Binding Spell if I socket 5 blue gemstones without refinement? The info in the in-game description  is somewhat contradictive: +1  Binding Spell obtained under Refinement Effect, then "If you socket 5... you will receive the Gemstone skill effect"

4. If I socketed 1, is there any effect? (The skill pentacle shock didn't change) 

5. The procedure of getting Refining Stones is crazy, from the description here, but if I decide to do it, can I refine the soicketed gemstone? Can I take a gemstone out of the socket or it will be destroyed? Will I have an effect from refining 1 of 5 gemstones, or should refine all 5? Will I have an effect for refining one gemstone to +1? Returning to q3, what exactly do I need for getting Binding Spell skill?   

1) It provides 1 skill boost and 1 additional skill. So you need 5 normal, 3 shining or 1 dazzling to get the lower skill that is mentioned (in your screenshots the Binding spell). The upgraded skill needs only one gemstone to be upgraded through enchants, so int he screenshot Backshot requires only one blue gemstone that has it to enchant it and get and upgraded version of your skill.

2) Irrelevant on how you put them in.

3) Yes, if you socket 5x +0 normal blue gemstones, you get the special skill at +0. If you have 4 blue gemstones at +5 and one at +1, then your acquired skill will be +1 (always the smallest enchant). To get a +5 acquired skill all gemstones need to be at least +5. Each gemstone has potentially a different skill to upgrade (the top skill) so if you have a blue gemstone that is +5 then in your screenshot backshot will be +5, but if you have another blue +1 then the Binding Spell will be +1

4) If you socket one you can only upgrade the skill you already have by enchanting the gemstone, to get the additional skill you need either 5x normal, or 3x shining, or1x dazzling. In your screenshot backshot will be +1 if you have the gemstone +1

5) Yes the gemstones and runestones are like stigmas, you can socket and unsocket them as you please. Also you can give them to your alts to enchant with their refining stones and hand them back to your main (via broker obviously), this way getting refinement stones doesn't sound that hard.

45 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

1) It provides 1 skill boost and 1 additional skill. So you need 5 normal, 3 shining or 1 dazzling to get the lower skill that is mentioned (in your screenshots the Binding spell). The upgraded skill needs only one gemstone to be upgraded through enchants, so int he screenshot Backshot requires only one blue gemstone that has it to enchant it and get and upgraded version of your skill.

2) Irrelevant on how you put them in.

3) Yes, if you socket 5x +0 normal blue gemstones, you get the special skill at +0. If you have 4 blue gemstones at +5 and one at +1, then your acquired skill will be +1 (always the smallest enchant). To get a +5 acquired skill all gemstones need to be at least +5. Each gemstone has potentially a different skill to upgrade (the top skill) so if you have a blue gemstone that is +5 then in your screenshot backshot will be +5, but if you have another blue +1 then the Binding Spell will be +1

4) If you socket one you can only upgrade the skill you already have by enchanting the gemstone, to get the additional skill you need either 5x normal, or 3x shining, or1x dazzling. In your screenshot backshot will be +1 if you have the gemstone +1

5) Yes the gemstones and runestones are like stigmas, you can socket and unsocket them as you please. Also you can give them to your alts to enchant with their refining stones and hand them back to your main (via broker obviously), this way getting refinement stones doesn't sound that hard.

Thank you! Do do I need 5 gemstones with exactly same skills?

7 hours ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

Thank you! Do do I need 5 gemstones with exactly same skills?

The second skill is identical in every gemstone of the same colour and to get it you need 5x normal or 3x shining or 1x dazzling of that colour

The first skill is the one you already have and can be enchanted via the gemstone can be anything fromt he list below and it should never be the same skill in two gemstones because you do not benefit from having the same skill more than once. So you shouldn't put the same skill here more than once as that doesn't give you any benefit.

7 hours ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

I closed the Gemstone/Runestone window, how can I open it again?

To unsocket gemstones, is it "Remove Gemstone" function in Gear modification window?

Yes remove socket is the thing you need.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

The names of the below images are from EU I think, but you understand the skills in NA.

The first skill can be any of the skills below depending on colour, you need one of each skill only to make the skill enchanted and it is irrelevant to the amount or colours of the other gemstones

2020-11-13-11-11.png

The below chart shows the special additional skill you get from having a combination of the same colour. And that skill is also enchanted based on the enchant level of the combination of the gemstones you need to have it.
2020-11-13-11-11-01.png

14 hours ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

I socketed 1 with Pentacle Shock, and it doesn't let me socket any more

Does it prevent me from socketing a 2nd one because their boost skills are different?

Just checking to make sure you realize you have to socket them in different pieces of gear. It's a bit unclear from your wording, but it sounds like you're trying to socket 5 gemstones in 1 piece of gear? If so, that's not how it works. It's 1 gemstone per piece of gear. So you'd need 5 accessories all with the blue slot to be able to socket 5 regular gemstones. That is why most people don't bother with regular gemstones and go for the Shinings; you only need 3 Shinings to get the extra skill. (Or 1 Dazzling.) It's very tough to get 5 accessories with the same color.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Just checking to make sure you realize you have to socket them in different pieces of gear. It's a bit unclear from your wording, but it sounds like you're trying to socket 5 gemstones in 1 piece of gear? If so, that's not how it works. It's 1 gemstone per piece of gear. So you'd need 5 accessories all with the blue slot to be able to socket 5 regular gemstones. That is why most people don't bother with regular gemstones and go for the Shinings; you only need 3 Shinings to get the extra skill. (Or 1 Dazzling.) It's very tough to get 5 accessories with the same color.

@SunwheelGreen-KT yes we forgot to mention the obvious, your accessories have a coloured slot or a rainbow slot. If your ring for example has a blue slot you can only socket a blue gemstone, if it has a rainbow slot you can socket whatever colour you want.

Archived