Hidden Mobs

Vasilios-KT

Recently I have been farming a lot of hidden mobs, I really need the manastones for my chanter'a HB set, as well as magical attack stones for my own set. The process to obtain these stones has been brutal. On Katalam, I would say its better. But on Danaria, its absolute chaos. In the last 3 days ive had over 10 hidden mobs stolen from me by players in maxed out +15 soverign with full Luminance accessories. Im not able to produce enough damage on my chanter to actually have a fighting chance of killing them, every single time i make it to a hidden mob i have to dps it down to 50% and pray no one comes so I have some what of a chance in case anyone does. I will admit, theres a couple of people who come and they see im there killing mobs which have agro-ed me, or seeing im fighting the hidden mob, and just leave me be. But half of the time, the person that comes up while im killing the mob, or ads, just decided to steal it and take it for themselves. The hidden mobs should only be lootable by the person, or group, who used the spawn thing. Its ridiculous how greedy some people can get with hidden mobs. If I wanted I could easily go over and out dps,most, chanters on my sorc without an issue and steal all the hidden mobs from them. This shouldnt be allowed, its taking away from the under geared or less dps heavy people. If im having to wait for 2 hours for a thing to respawn, and even with that I only find 1-2, possibly 3, every other hour (with  75% of the time people always being there before i even make it), i shouldnt have to risk losing it because some one decides they dont want to share. I love that hidden mobs have been added to the game it allows for free players to have a fighting chance at socketing their gear, and for new players to get titan coin gear easier then spending hours on hours farming titan coins,. And im not much of a big grinder as i used to be but I personally do like farming for the mobs, the issue appears when people decide to come over and steal it for themselves instead of trying to allow people in the community to advance through the game. 

This is just how people are in Aion, the grind takes so long everyone becomes self interested and it ends up where the new players can't catch up unless they get lucky. 

The change would be nice but it will never happen.  

However, if you do some research, you can find maps of where all the hidden mobs spawn, and you should be able to find 10-15 every hour just on luck.  There are roughly 80 spawns of hidden mobs in each Inggi and Gelk.

12 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Recently I have been farming a lot of hidden mobs, I really need the manastones for my chanter'a HB set, as well as magical attack stones for my own set. The process to obtain these stones has been brutal. On Katalam, I would say its better. But on Danaria, its absolute chaos. In the last 3 days ive had over 10 hidden mobs stolen from me by players in maxed out +15 soverign with full Luminance accessories. Im not able to produce enough damage on my chanter to actually have a fighting chance of killing them, every single time i make it to a hidden mob i have to dps it down to 50% and pray no one comes so I have some what of a chance in case anyone does. I will admit, theres a couple of people who come and they see im there killing mobs which have agro-ed me, or seeing im fighting the hidden mob, and just leave me be. But half of the time, the person that comes up while im killing the mob, or ads, just decided to steal it and take it for themselves. The hidden mobs should only be lootable by the person, or group, who used the spawn thing. Its ridiculous how greedy some people can get with hidden mobs. If I wanted I could easily go over and out dps,most, chanters on my sorc without an issue and steal all the hidden mobs from them. This shouldnt be allowed, its taking away from the under geared or less dps heavy people. If im having to wait for 2 hours for a thing to respawn, and even with that I only find 1-2, possibly 3, every other hour (with  75% of the time people always being there before i even make it), i shouldnt have to risk losing it because some one decides they dont want to share. I love that hidden mobs have been added to the game it allows for free players to have a fighting chance at socketing their gear, and for new players to get titan coin gear easier then spending hours on hours farming titan coins,. And im not much of a big grinder as i used to be but I personally do like farming for the mobs, the issue appears when people decide to come over and steal it for themselves instead of trying to allow people in the community to advance through the game. 

You think that's bad? Right now there are known players using 3rd party programs to check if the mobs are up on alt SM accounts, if they are the account auto parties to the owner's main character, then auto-summons them to the hidden mob location. It's really sad that for a game that has some of the most bizare RNG when it comes to crafting/enchanting/etc they can't actually make a true RNG spawn times on certain mobs. They always give them set windows of spawn time that are easy to figure out and ruin it for everyone that is late to finding out the spawn times. This game is geared to keep the top 1% geared and rich and screw all new players to the point they feel they have to spend real life money to catch up, but even after spending real life money they realize they can't do it through the BCM so they are forced to go to the black market and buy in-game items or kinah from other players. NCsoft really messed this game up bad and allowed too many people to exploit the flaws in the game.

18 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Recently I have been farming a lot of hidden mobs, I really need the manastones for my chanter'a HB set, as well as magical attack stones for my own set. The process to obtain these stones has been brutal. On Katalam, I would say its better. But on Danaria, its absolute chaos. In the last 3 days ive had over 10 hidden mobs stolen from me by players in maxed out +15 soverign with full Luminance accessories. Im not able to produce enough damage on my chanter to actually have a fighting chance of killing them, every single time i make it to a hidden mob i have to dps it down to 50% and pray no one comes so I have some what of a chance in case anyone does.

*cough* These guys.... yeah.  M7TfmEW.gif

I'm a solo player and I run into players like this on a regular basis. I like to refer to them as the <A$$hole Patrol>. They don't really benefit from anything Hidden Mobs drop as their +15 fully-geared, advanced skilled, high-ranking backsides don't need the gear and nothing is sellable, tradeable or broker-able. They're KS'ing you for the entertainment value of pissing you off.

All you can really do is try to get stronger and do enough damage to the mob so that when they swoop in at the last second and try to steal, the kill and the loot still go to you.

If your're frustrated focus on something else for a bit besides manastones. Work on getting enchants or improving a skill or swapping out an accessory.

.....or find a buddy. The KSers will find it harder to steal from both of you.

r09BUSK.gif

Its crazy how players get so greedy with the game they arent wiling to share. I dont have an issue with finding them, its just a third of the time when i do find them they get stolen from me. My alt is a support spec chanter, i can only do so much with my sov staff, it is fun grinding for them. Its just such a pain when some people decide to steal them.

1 minute ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Its crazy how players get so greedy with the game they arent wiling to share. I dont have an issue with finding them, its just a third of the time when i do find them they get stolen from me. My alt is a support spec chanter, i can only do so much with my sov staff, it is fun grinding for them. Its just such a pain when some people decide to steal them.

Literally 2 seconds ago i just saw a full group of people form 'No Se Ingles' go max dps on the hidden mob just to steal it from this sin

27 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Literally 2 seconds ago i just saw a full group of people form 'No Se Ingles' go max dps on the hidden mob just to steal it from this sin

thats to be expected since that's an entire legion of people who got kicked from real legions for using aiontool

4 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

They don't really benefit from anything Hidden Mobs drop as their +15 fully-geared, advanced skilled, high-ranking backsides don't need the gear and nothing is sellable, tradeable or broker-able. They're KS'ing you for the entertainment value of pissing you off.

Actually no. They're most likely doing it to disenchant the gear. You need a lot of manastone fasteners this patch because of the blessed fasteners needed to unlock runestone/gemstone slots.

52 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Actually no. They're most likely doing it to disenchant the gear. You need a lot of manastone fasteners this patch because of the blessed fasteners needed to unlock runestone/gemstone slots.

There are a dozen other (better) ways to get fasteners other than yeeting them from players who need the gear and manastones.

Apparently they don't get the concept that you're (supposed to be) on the same team.

49 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Thats understandable, it is very helpful now to do them for fastners. But when they decide to steal them from other players, who may benefit more outside of the fasteners, by getting the armor and manastone boxes, thats when it becomes an issue. 

(Also, ive seen a couple of your videos. Youre part of the reason i got back into gearing my chanter. Just being able to see how amazing chanters can heal, is so fascinating, and for someone who plays heal spec for any class that can heal, including sw, its very nice to see theres more then the traditional cleric.) 

19 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

than yeeting them from players who need the gear and manastones.

19 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

But when they decide to steal them from other players, who may benefit more outside of the fasteners, by getting the armor and manastone boxes, thats when it becomes an issue

I don't disagree. I was just stating that there IS a purpose for geared players to want to kill hidden mobs.

1 hour ago, Lapis-DN said:

on DN asmo it looks fine farming hidden mobs, never got ks'd before

Well Elyos may be more greedy then asmo. I dont know about DN, as I have just come back to the server.... but KT on the other hand seem to get quite greedy when it comes to instances

14 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Well Elyos may be more greedy then asmo. I dont know about DN, as I have just come back to the server.... but KT on the other hand seem to get quite greedy when it comes to instances

Nah. We're all human, so we're all equally greedy. The difference is that KT has a higher population than DN.

DN-Asmos, geared 3 characters from nothing on hidden mobs, not a single KS - many could have.

Maybe an Elyos only problem? Higher population tends to lead to more assholes, it's just statistics. Outnumbering the other faction isn't always a good thing.

1 hour ago, Delessa-DN said:

DN-Asmos, geared 3 characters from nothing on hidden mobs, not a single KS - many could have.

Maybe an Elyos only problem? Higher population tends to lead to more assholes, it's just statistics. Outnumbering the other faction isn't always a good thing.

I havent been on DN-Elyos for long.... but i dont think theres any high population problems. It takes 20 minutes alone to form for a pug IDD easy or SL, or PF.

4 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I havent been on DN-Elyos for long.... but i dont think theres any high population problems. It takes 20 minutes alone to form for a pug IDD easy or SL, or PF.

Haven't played in years, however, per memory, Elyos populations have always been at least 2x that of Asmo if not more.

If it's not population, then sadly that faction simply has more asshats.

3 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

Haven't played in years, however, per memory, Elyos populations have always been at least 2x that of Asmo if not more.

If it's not population, then sadly that faction simply has more asshats.

I think asmos has definitely grown larger then elyos, or theyre about even. The second comment does describe some parts of the faction, though, in my opinion.

Archived