Aion Classic

DarkBladeJr-KT

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a terrible idea for NA... Already a small community, to make it more split would be the death of the game. NA has been notoriously terrible with ALL Private servers that attempted to do the same thing FOR FREE... Not to mention, who is going to support the NA Classic AION, the 3 and a half employees they have working at NCWest for the current version of AION?

19 minutes ago, Hoarror-KT said:

Such a terrible idea for NA... Already a small community, to make it more split would be the death of the game. NA has been notoriously terrible with ALL Private servers that attempted to do the same thing FOR FREE... Not to mention, who is going to support the NA Classic AION, the 3 and a half employees they have working at NCWest for the current version of AION?

I dont think that, viable way its merge dn - kt in one server, the main one and get the classic server. Classic server going to bring back lot of players to.

50 minutes ago, Hoarror-KT said:

I don't think you understand the hype about classic. I haven't played Aion in a very long time (3.0 or something like that). Opening a classic server would bring a lot of older players that don't play Aion currently back (like me). Nobody in NA plays Aion retail now because... it sucks lol.

Private servers are failing because none of them are good. They either have boring and unbalanced versions like 4.6 or shitty codes and lots of bugs. Having an official classic server with decent code would solve this issue. I can guarantee that if there is a classic server for both NA/EU together, there would be over 500+ players playing it. I have about 10 friends who would join it and i'm sure it's the same for a lot of older MMO fans.

Running a classic server is easy and doesn't need a lot of people. Since Korea is doing it before the west, all they would have to do is translate the Korea version and run the server. No development to do.

Best thing NCsoft could do for the company would be to open one classic server for EU and one for NA and charge 10-15 $ or Euro per month. Trust me, the subscription model worked for years and still work for games like WoW. The thing that kills MMOs are pay2win cash shops.

Anyone who would join classic server, please reply to this thread. The more replies, the more NCsoft will consider a western classic server.

Terrible idea..comparing the Western community (NA) to KR doesn't make sense since you're talking about a much, much smaller community. Doesn't make any sense, you would just kill off the existing servers that much quicker and  the classic server wouldn't last that long anyway. Anyone who compares Aion to WOW's numbers as well is really disconnected from reality.

Not only that , but KR is bringing back Aion classic not as a true classic  version with  only a  subscription model but with a cash shop so again no thank you.

1 hour ago, Hoarror-KT said:

Yes, it's a small community because nobody wants to play this version of the game where you have to give your life to equip yourself or you don't play pvp, and when you give your life and equip yourself, you have nowhere to do pvp besides siege and of the pvp instances, because there are no players on the maps, most players today log in just to make an event, in the community of my country has 7k followers the aion page would bring at least 1.5k back to the game or more ezly ...  not to mention that the monthly fee system for them would be much more profitable, than some players buying some items and getting an end game, and some p2w events

17 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Terrible idea..comparing the Western community (NA) to KR doesn't make sense since you're talking about a much, much smaller community. Doesn't make any sense, you would just kill off the existing servers that much quicker and  the classic server wouldn't last that long anyway. Anyone who compares Aion to WOW's numbers as well is really disconnected from reality.

Not only that , but KR is bringing back Aion classic not as a true classic  version with  only a  subscription model but with a cash shop so again no thank you.

Yes, it's a small community because nobody wants to play this version of the game where you have to give your life to equip yourself or you don't play pvp, and when you give your life and equip yourself, you have nowhere to do pvp besides siege and of the pvp instances, because there are no players on the maps, most players today log in just to make an event, in the community of my country has 7k followers the aion page would bring at least 1.5k back to the game or more ezly ...  not to mention that the monthly fee system for them would be much more profitable, than some players buying some items and getting an end game, and some p2w events

1 minute ago, DarkBladeJr-KT said:

Are you at all aware that even when this game was at its most popular (and I did play then)  - they were forced to change from the subscription model? and that the classic server  (in NA, if it follows KR) would not be ONLY based upon a subscription model? You seem to think that you would be able to get by only on a small subscription - almost certainly not with what would likely be a small population.

Not to mention, once again - the effect that it would have on the existing servers- unless you do want to kill retail Aion. That's fine, I'm not going to pass any judgement - just pointing out what would likely happen, since those servers would probably be even emptier.

Finally - it has been a small community for years. It didn't just happen overnight. There has been a series of drop -offs related to various issues. Some have been related to core game design, some are related to more recent changes. Whenever NCSoft has come up with some magic gimmick (new server, new class, patch)  interest always perks up but it does not last because there is only so much interest in this game,  and it is limited.

2 hours ago, DarkBladeJr-KT said:

Well said

NA and EU went to f2p in 3.0 while Korea didn't get f2p til 6.0, why is this, because it was more profitable in NA to swap to f2p with cash shop over being sub based. Korea having the largest population was ok for longer until the population started to shrink thus they swap to f2p 3 whole patches later. Classic with the original sub fee does not equal they same income as f2p not even close classic serves as a supplement to the retail server's cash shop to help get a boost in revenue. It doesn't matter if plenty of people come back to Aion classic and play it will never equal the amount of money retail makes. What it will do was said it will kill the retail server if even 15% of the retail server goes to classic and doesn't play retail or only plays retail 2 days a week because of siege or events retail will die and Classic will not be able to support all of Aion in NA thus killing the game in NA.

Classic went live in KR about 24hr ago and it is fine but it is also the 2nd day it went live it needs time to see how it goes. Honestly there is nothing wrong with it imo its fine but we have to see how it does regardless before it would ever possibly come to NA. If it is not working well to generate enough revenue in KR is sure as heck won't here in NA doesn't matter how many friends you have that would come back to play classic. It would be the same as nostalgia wears off people quit playing as the pace of the game slow as they are trying to retain the "Classic" appeal people stop playing. I mean "paying". In Korea regardless they are going to keep the Classic server up this time regardless if it does well or not because they aren't banking for huge money just small waves of people to come back play a bit increase profit and if they stay cool if they leave more will come later and they are only doing up to 2.7 so they can put little effort into it.

We have to gauge the response in Korea before we can see if it would work here. It most likely will just get ported here same as Korea so we have to watch if they add bad stuff to cash shop or ruin other things or just how it all got updated just wait and see and keep tabs on it in Korea

19 minutes ago, Flatten-KT said:

I'm a recent returning player after 7ish years, I'd be so happy if an official classic server were started here. I know a ton of players who would flock to play and stay for several patches as long as they didn't make it very P2W. 

Get them to make noise about it. The thing is nothing will ever come of it if all the community ever has is the same 10 of us saying yea we want a classic and the other 10 saying nah the region does not have enough players interested in classic so it will only hinder the current servers.

There will never be enough noise surrounding it unless people actually get behind the project. However the issue everyone already thinks that it will never come to NA so no one wants to put in the effort for something we will never get so we are in a lose lose situation.

It's not that I never think it will come to NA I am saying as of right now it would be horrible in NA. We need to see how it works in Korea then possibly I have said this in the million of other threads about Classic for years now probably sweeten the deal by being the only other non Korean Official Classic Server so we can pull the players from EU to come here. So essentially not giving GF the license for Classic and making their playerbase come to NA to play Classic the new servers are already much better for EU players now so they shouldn't have too many problems playing here with decent ping.

This would bring enough people to NA and because Korea does ban in decent waves if you don't have valid ID as well as without you cannot purchase things in the shop and I am unsure how you would buy more game time without as well so non-Korean or people with work visa in Korea I don't know how they play long term in Korea

I don't doubt about NA will launch classic or not (obviously they will because success of KR)

But what I doubt is management of NA counterpart I think CMs purposely selective to answer some questions and avoid most questions that could affect in negative way.
Sure I do selective response to some people too but I'm not an official staff who works on NCwest behalf so I don't need to answer everyone criticism toward to me.

But as a representative of NCwest who working on Aion, I think it's important that they need to answer everyone questions related to the game,servers and incoming project.
You don't have to answer everything if that question is beyond your ability to answer just acknowledge those questions and say you will find out about it or given information to the community as soon as possible but it's the worst if you pretending those questions don't existed and leave it unanswered or acknowledged.

You can't solve anything by pretending problems don't existed you know.

I haven't played in years but I would 100% come back for an Aion Classic server and I would definitely pay a subscription fee. I think it would be a great idea and I really hope NCWest takes this seriously. It's a no brainer idea with very little work required to even implement. Count me in.

2 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I don't doubt about NA will launch classic or not (obviously they will because success of KR)

You cannot judge the success of KR by less than 2 days of Classic. The other times they had tried it failed so yes those weren't meant to be long running things but they failed nonetheless. So we must to wait at least more than a month to be able to judge if it is a "success"

Also @Kibbelz is one man if this guy had the ability to have a steel will with all the people who bash him constantly everyday on the forums and could also timely answer every single question asked of him I would demand this guy get a huge raise. Not to be mean to Cyan, but Kibbelz has done more in the less time he has been our CM. I get everyone wants their questions answered but cut the man some slack he has to not only manage the forums but also communicate with the team and relay that information to us. Most likely he does not work on these game things so all he can go by is what they talk about at the meetings. But also the meeting probably don't have a scheduled "storytime with kibbelz" so the amount of things he can try to address in a single meeting are not going to include every single topic brought up on the forums.

Give the man time and just remind him by bumping threads and tagging the man. Don't be rude to our CM he is the connector that we have so we get info from the Dev's on upcoming topics

Aion NA died when it went free to play. 

I know when players on this forum vocalize their opinion is has zero impact on the decision of NCSoft.

I believe if they made a classic server, it would be successful with just a bit of advertising on mmo sites.

I've played KR Classic, and so far everything about it has been excellent. 

I know this will draw in old aion players and possibly new ones that may leech over into the current version aswell. But again I emphasize the need to advertise the game, so a refer a friend program may help dramatically. People play MMOs when they have a friend circle to bring them back. World of War craft does this quietly, and effectively, and that game is very expensive. 

Aion classic: subscription/season pass/cosmetic shop will be successful. But Korea has to approve. 

People want to enjoy a game, not spend 1000's for gear. Business models like this just bring in toxic elite e-boys, and this is why your population is low on retail. 

Stay safe friends ~ Mivok 

Of course when 2.X was out the population wasn't perfect people did start leaving as new games were coming out. During late 2011 to early 2012 there were quite a few games coming out at this time or earlier in 2011. Gameforge bought Aion in EU sometime around 2012 late '11 and it went f2p in 2.7 in Feb '12 yes because GF is notorious for doing things like this. 2.X in NA wasn't that bad there was decent amount of players and no shortage of things to do with new people still coming to the game. F2P hearing that is what coming in 3.0 for NA killed all feeling to continue this game for my 2 legions in 2.X they quit for Terra and other games.

3.X was just ok but most of the population issues were not fixed with the f2p I would not agree that the p2w started in 4.X it was already starting in 3.X but it was still not to the point it was going to reach in the following year and progress to what we have today. But like NC does it saw what GF did and wanted to make more money too and NA follow suit.

I was totally fine with 3.X it was fine for me and I don't really have any big qualms about it but 4.X was by far the worse experience in Aion for me hands down. I hated it with a passion this coming from a guy who has 3 fairly large Aion tattoos on my body at least the one on my back takes up my whole upper back the ones on my shoulders take up most of my shoulder but not as big as the one on my back. I love the game so much why I still play it to this day.

The one issue is Korea didn't go f2p until 6.0 so why didn't they go f2p when it was supposedly bigger money? NA and EU Aion was never as big as they hoped it to be so by going f2p it could make more money and potentially compete with newer games as well as the Giant that is WoW. This didn't happen and the populations slipped away. I played KR Aion all through beta and still play today population has changed but is still fairly decent but the thing is money. NC constantly has all of its titles in top spots in KR and it wants too keep that money coming when games don't do well they try to make more ways to earn more a lot of them are the distasteful things we don't like but hey that's the business all we can do it try to be vocal and steer them to a better direction as much as we are able. With all the other project that NC has done it is sad to see Aion left on the shelf and I hope that they do put more into it Classic is nice but we would be delusional to think that it is meant to be its own title that makes money like the rest of the NC titles. It is more of a joint Aion thing to boost the overall sales of the game, why the cash shop is linked if you buy or already have on retail you can use it on classic and vice versa.

We just watch Korea make sure there is no reach from NC to make more money by adding things that weren't there and if it continues to keep up well then we would probably get it here. From the 2 days it's been live in KR I enjoy it will I play it as a main game, no, but I like to play it every now and again and have some fun with the old game. The cash shop is limited and nice and the Pass is acceptable and not overly needed for progression or makes the people who do buy it really any better than the one who don't. But 2 days is not enough time to tell how it will be going forward just yet. I would be more open to entertain the idea of Classic in NA when we hit our 12yr anniversary like Korea did that also gives us 10 months of data on how it goes in KR to judge how successful. A lot of people I know were talking about it and there was a large number of players at the PC Bang today playing Classic Aion so that is good but lets see in a few months time to the 10 months how its going

What P2W was there in the shop in 3.X? They wanted to sell the keys at one point, but we, the community, blew up on them for that, so they didn't. We didn't start seeing true p2w things until 4.X with the tempering solutions and, to a lesser degree, instance reset scrolls for EB and a couple other things.

I was NA in 2.7. Played on New Israphel and New Vaizel/Tiamat. The population on those two servers from 2.5+ wasn't that amazing, even on the "winning" side. We talked about it all the time in the guilds I was in. New Siel might have been better. I know you guys don't like to think about it and swim in your nostalgia goggles, but the original F2P model NA had was halfway decent for the game and brought and kept a lot more players with the model they'd had at the time versus what it is now. Was it perfect? No. Of course not.

However, I really don't particularly care whether they do a classic server here or not. I'm just the meanieface reminding people that nostalgia isn't all that it seems. If they release it here in NA, cool. I just don't think it'll last all that long. The existing issues in NA that drove and continue to drive people away, even beyond P2W, aren't magically going to go away with Classic. But, if they release it, I hope people enjoy it.

I was on the server Vaizel for my elyos and Zikel for my asmo that became Tiamat yes the server was not populated well, neither of them were before that merge. I was on Israphel for elyos and Siel for elyos and asmodian because I had from 2 separate accounts. Those were the servers that I played and the rest before or the ones added later I do not know.

As the feathers and accessory enchants were added to the game and the "f2p" adding back the sub in the old prestige. The cash shop adding the Black Cloud Market C.U.B.E and everything else. I could go back and list every specific thing but I didn't say it was worse than 4.X or def not 5.X but it started and you can't say it didn't.

I personally don't want to see classic anytime soon I want us to at least wait a year if we were to get it now the game would be over and shut down. The game is old no one wants to pay a sub fee for a dated game people in Korea love the game and it gets advertisement there. here it does not. We have much to do before we can think about things like Classic.

I even went to tour the office that was in Seattle during this time in 2.5 there was enough people but the population wasn't great. I highly doubt that 3.X made the game much better in terms of population; new, returning, or existing players. If you have numbers I'd gladly check them out

Archived