Aion Classic

DarkBladeJr-KT

2 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

ROFL HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Again. I can't help it!!!

Sorry folks. When We're polluted with posts like this from such....dare I even say it....from such creative names like "GenericUser," I won't even bother with the numbers I find it  very hard to take them seriously. If they indeed have been playing since beta then they have a username ppl like me Aly, Cheese, Moo Moo, Etc, will prolly know. Why not use it?? Hmmmm? Are they ashamed or just a big fat liar? I have to go with the latter in this case. How bout you guys eh?

Have you seriously  never heard of name change tickets?

If you have indeed played since beta then you would have thought about that before you start accusing  people  of lying (which in any case isn't a good idea).

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2020 at 5:05 PM, Aieryn-DN said:

ROFL HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Again. I can't help it!!!

Sorry folks. When We're polluted with posts like this from such....dare I even say it....from such creative names like "GenericUser," I won't even bother with the numbers I find it  very hard to take them seriously. If they indeed have been playing since beta then they have a username ppl like me Aly, Cheese, Moo Moo, Etc, will prolly know. Why not use it?? Hmmmm? Are they ashamed or just a big fat liar? I have to go with the latter in this case. How bout you guys eh?

GenericUser#Number# names are those given to very old accounts' chars because we had merges and thus everyone got this GenericUser1234 names.

So he is a person who played long time ago and simply stopped and just didn't bother changing the name of his char so forums update that too.

I'm gonna chime in and let you people know a thing or two.

The classic server in Korea is meant to run from 1.x til 2.7, implying it will shut down after that. This shows NCSOFT had always the ability to run an older version of the game from the very beginning, telling petty lies saying "it's not possible".

In KR they have that Daeva pass, which while it sounds good to the outside eyes, it is heavily p2w. The items given there are tradeable, meaning you can throw your wallet in there and sell that on broker, aside from the fact they still have a cash shop. So, the subscription there is approx $15 per month + cash shop + daeva pass that resets monthly where not all items are available to your casual Joe. It's just a weak attempt to cash on nostalgia, since NCSOFT understands their current servers have suffered a population loss.

The files are partially the OG 1.x ones, but modified. Yes, you have the old max lvl 50, Abyss pvp and so on, but that will be ruined over time by the greed from the developers. Just know they could always turn back and re-do the game and fix so many issues where it could be a good game again, they always had this ability, but greed speaks louder.

I wouldn't mind paying the sub so long the game could actually be considered "good" again, only with the condition that the items in Daeva pass are (all items) non-tradeable or available to all without spending Luna/BCC, while keeping the shop purely for cosmetics. You can't tell me that wouldn't work, because I can mention 2 games which already do that and are very successful in their business.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I'm gonna chime in and let you people know a thing or two.

The classic server in Korea is meant to run from 1.x til 2.7, implying it will shut down after that. This shows NCSOFT had always the ability to run an older version of the game from the very beginning, telling petty lies saying "it's not possible".

In KR they have that Daeva pass, which while it sounds good to the outside eyes, it is heavily p2w. The items given there are tradeable, meaning you can throw your wallet in there and sell that on broker, aside from the fact they still have a cash shop. So, the subscription there is approx $15 per month + cash shop + daeva pass that resets monthly where not all items are available to your casual Joe. It's just a weak attempt to cash on nostalgia, since NCSOFT understands their current servers have suffered a population loss.

The files are partially the OG 1.x ones, but modified. Yes, you have the old max lvl 50, Abyss pvp and so on, but that will be ruined over time by the greed from the developers. Just know they could always turn back and re-do the game and fix so many issues where it could be a good game again, they always had this ability, but greed speaks louder.

I wouldn't mind paying the sub so long the game could actually be considered "good" again, only with the condition that the items in Daeva pass are (all items) non-tradeable or available to all without spending Luna/BCC, while keeping the shop purely for cosmetics. You can't tell me that wouldn't work, because I can mention 2 games which already do that and are very successful in their business.

Not true, they actually have run temporary classic servers a few times in Korea as an attempt to gauge the interest they were short lived partially due to the way they were set up not truly being classic with the items in the shop. They said in the Dev video that it is in fact here to stay they with slow the pace of the patches as necessary. The daeva pass only gives the same items as the item you get for free in the same daeva pass. I guess you missed it in the thread or didn't read previous posts as HealingSquid kindly took a SS of the pass itself you just get more consumables and candies that you already get for free from the same pass. The only thing you do not get is the high level enchant stones you do in fact get the low level ones from the pass. The cash shop only has ticket for name change, surgery, gender change, legion, and limited skins  and consumables so I don't see the issue here. The fact that people can pay money for extra rewards means they do not have to craft or purchase the consumables from the broker I see nothing wrong with this and it helps to keep the dev team funded for future things for classic as you stated its not free so they need money to keep putting workers on future development. The fact that NA has not made a Classic only speaks to what Korea allows NA to do within the licensing rights. Most of the players do in fact play Retail and Classic. With Classic being live for just over 2 weeks now Retail has yet to see any harm from the Classic patch Retail as well has a playerbase that outnumbers the size of the Classic patch although Classic does in fact have 4 full servers the servers capacity is smaller than Retail. I hit lvl 50 yesterday and I am now done with Classic I will play out the rest of my sub then I will just watch and maybe come back every now and again when I feel there is something interesting happening.

Just now, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Not true, they actually have run temporary classic servers a few times in Korea as an attempt to gauge the interest they were short lived partially due to the way they were set up not truly being classic with the items in the shop. They said in the Dev video that it is in fact here to stay they with slow the pace of the patches as necessary. The daeva pass only gives the same items as the item you get for free in the same daeva pass. I guess you missed it in the thread or didn't read previous posts as HealingSquid kindly took a SS of the pass itself you just get more consumables and candies that you already get for free from the same pass. The only thing you do not get is the high level enchant stones you do in fact get the low level ones from the pass. The cash shop only has ticket for name change, surgery, gender change, legion, and limited skins  and consumables so I don't see the issue here. The fact that people can pay money for extra rewards means they do not have to craft or purchase the consumables from the broker I see nothing wrong with this and it helps to keep the dev team funded for future things for classic as you stated its not free so they need money to keep putting workers on future development. The fact that NA has not made a Classic only speaks to what Korea allows NA to do within the licensing rights. Most of the players do in fact play Retail and Classic. With Classic being live for just over 2 weeks now Retail has yet to see any harm from the Classic patch Retail as well has a playerbase that outnumbers the size of the Classic patch although Classic does in fact have 4 full servers the servers capacity is smaller than Retail. I hit lvl 50 yesterday and I am now done with Classic I will play out the rest of my sub then I will just watch and maybe come back every now and again when I feel there is something interesting happening.

The issue is people hyping up the Classic server as some sort of blessing that will save the game.  Whether it's been out for two weeks or two months, over time they will start adding things for players to buy in order to cash in on the nostalgia. Who knows, maybe they'll actually release this "Aion 2" because of all this.

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

The issue is people hyping up the Classic server as some sort of blessing that will save the game.  Whether it's been out for two weeks or two months, over time they will start adding things for players to buy in order to cash in on the nostalgia. Who knows, maybe they'll actually release this "Aion 2" because of all this.

The only thing I am saying is for Korea there is no impact on Retail at all at least not noticable. Still the same players still the same people spending money which is noticable as they have the new Joker card event giving all 4 ultimate trasforms now so only NA/EU are thinking that this is meant to replace Retail which is kind of odd seeing as WoW did this and Retail still has roughly the same playerbase its not meant to be the carrying force of the game this is why I don't think currently in NA/EU it will do well or even work and these people must to wait for the Retail to improve before they can ever hope to see Classic in these regions if it ever does come to these regions as I feel its easy to see that it would not be profitable for these regions currently

On 11/25/2020 at 12:02 PM, Rapier-DN said:

Have you seriously  never heard of name change tickets?

If you have indeed played since beta then you would have thought about that before you start accusing  people  of lying (which in any case isn't a good idea).

Yes, I have but those of us like me with such history have no need to state the obvious.

Hey Guys! I Just made another video about Aion Classic, found some lost mp4s here, its a 10 years old (edited) video! So Check this out and take a look how aion classic could be in NA for us 😃

(The video is in Portuguese lol so... :X)

Basically i explain that the ranger had abyss lvl 30 gear, so he could kill 50's !! 

Zot was the Azphel's Elyos Nighmare, since he ganked everyone (ungeared ppl).

Well... here it goes!

14 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

No, I was waiting for someone else to do it. 

Do you want me to do it ?

If you want to that is fine but i think if you are not to keen to answer all the questions that you will get from posting the petition on reddit(and other platforms)as well as reaching out to the NA based MMORPG websites to get the word out to the Classic Aion community that are not coming to the forums then i would say do not bother.

If you are someone who can dedicate the time to it then i would say go ahead because i know from experience with getting flyers nerfed in Ark: Survival Evolved is that there are 1000s of people who will not sign a petition for something unless they get answers being it ones they want to hear the answer to or not.

I hope it's ok to talk about classic and beyond 2.7 here xD

I kinda quit that server we can't talk about now because it's greatly declining very hard to buy ncoins a lot of people that used to talk a lot on lfg gone (celebrities) I can only think because it lacking of update. Is it the proof that classic failed ? No but it's a proof that lacking of update will fail the game no matter live or classic.

Let's talk about turning point of Aion most people think it's 4.8 but actually the downfall started with 4.7 because unlimited enchantment there. Katalam/Danaria didn't retired in the right time it should be gone (if it must) in 5.0 where blood mark and 4.0 forts are completely obsoleted actually if it's up to me I would let it be there as alternate maps or whatever.

SAM (Sealed argent manor) was totally mess up replacement of AM/EF it was extremely hard for majority of players and all skins untradable it could be a lot better if they removed time limit or at least make skins tradable. ORB was super bad idea to make PvE groups go to enemy maps and farming something very basic PvE. I really don't like the idea that some stigma turns into skills like bestial fury I found out it's extremely stupid to use it as ranger and get jump on easily and it turns into a normal skill I'd rather only skills renewal and keep stigma slot same but improve/nerf skills.

Back to 4.6 they shouldn't make attack speed gloves/harp into luxury for elite players it should be basic stuff that every SW should be able to get. I perfer them to increase animation of harp but I got 19% attack speed at the end then make skill fast in the beginning but you got no improvement at all.

But here's the worst starts when they introduced Luna in 5.0 this system making playing the game extremely stupid because why you even play when you can afk and making money (from selling skins) and getting exp.

The situation could have be a bit better if we have an give up option like crucible for lesser rewards. But still I'd rather them to remove Luna system entirely and let players farm something like coin quests and trade for skins instead. When you can afk without doing anything and get rewards that's where fun stops. Fun means we doing something and get rewards not doing nothing. A game isn't about farming or making money it's about having fun.

A lot of people misconception of gaming already. Ideally we shouldn't even have exp event we ain't suppose to solo BT or FoO to exp with events we should just have fun no matter what level we're. 65 75 pvp is not even a goal. NC can't force people to stay log in game because silly stuff like afk events or Luna instances. Only thing that matter for everyone is fun. Even you gave +15 gears,skills ultimate transform to everyone but if the game isn't fun it's pointless.

Only fair and fun matter.(No fair no fun)

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Athreous said:

It's a great idea and I totally support this!

Classic NA would bring a lot of players back to the game.

Just ignore whoever says it'd split the NA community, because the current NA doesn't even know what the old aion was.

I am sure that an Aion Classic in NA region would mean the death of retail. It doesn't matter if people know or not the old Aion, they will try it and once they do they will see that is had a ton more fun things and lacks a ton more awful things that 7.7 has.

Only people heavily invested in their current chars on retail will have a problem leaving their chars. People who enjyo playing an MMORPG in general will enjoy classic more than retail because retail is no longer an MMORPG, it lacks 90% of what makes an MMORPG.

BUT I hold my case because you never know how our publishers would bring a retail to us. They have proved many times their are always getting the worse decisions in every possible aspect so far as non of the publishers is a gamer themselves.

Archived