Jumping ahead of the Awakening S+ grade minion problem in NA

Rag-DN

@Loki @Kibbelz

So in 7.7 part 2 we will be getting the Awakening S+ minion feature. To unlock this you need to consume an S rank level 4 minion and pay 99,000,000 kinah. I havn't  confirmed yet, but I have heard there is a chance to FAIL the upgrade process which would destroy your S grade level 4 minion and take your 99mil kinah. 

Video link preview of the system:

Here's my concerns:
1. NA players, especially returning/new players, are still struggling to even get an S rank minion. (The combine rates are just horrible even with our restore token system)
2. 99mil kinah for an ATTEMPT is a lot to most players that don't bot, buy kinah, or own 100 accounts that they're afking lunah on. 

My suggestion:
1. Up the combine rate success rate to get an S rank minion drastically.
2. Increase ways to get A and B Minium in the game. (Perhaps restore the Minium pouches to EC, KBF, and other que instances?)
3. Make kinah actually achievable to earn in game without botting or afking 100+ toons in luna every day.

What are your guys's thoughts on this? Please voice your concerns or ideas below, even if they differ from mine. Let's jump ahead of this issue before it even gets  here so NCwest has time to prepare a solution to release with the patch!

Agree 100%.

Minions should not be hard to achieve any longer just as +15 Gear shouldn't be a struggle to farm either. These are basic entry-level endgame requirements now in Aion.

A and B minium should be more widely available outside of minium vault and events or drastically increase the minium and A rank minions acquired from minium vault.

The prestige addition was nice but it still takes a month of grinding 12 characters for prestige which gets boring and old quick.

why it have to be easy now? most of us had to wait for months to have  S-Rank...

its not our problem if someone started to play 2 days ago or 1 day ago,the process should be the same to everybody that is playing.

i also failed 3 times and i kept trying instead of cry on forum lol

main problem here is that you all want free stuff and there is nothing free here we all know it

everyday is a new complaint on forum,maybe time to try a new game? i think so

31 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

The worst is combining 4 A ranks and still failing. 70% my ass.

Agreed. Burned all my restoration tokens on 4x 4 combines to get nothing.

8 minutes ago, Watain-DN said:

why it have to be easy now? most of us had to wait for months to have  S-Rank...

its not our problem if someone started to play 2 days ago or 1 day ago,the process should be the same to everybody that is playing.

main problem here is that you all want free stuff and there is nothing free here we all know it

This kind of input is not helpful. Perhaps you should change games? You don't understand how this game works. When things first come out they are difficult to achieve, but over time they are supposed to become easier to obtain the more people get them. Take your toxicity elsewhere please. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Watain-DN said:

I had it hard, so should everyone else! Such a helpful outlook on life.

/sarcasm

36 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

The worst is combining 4 A ranks and still failing. 70% my ass.

Tin foil hat conspiracy here, but I feel like it used to be 70% when they first introduced S rank minions, but sometime after that, the rate got nerfed. The combines seemed to succeed a lot more often. I got my first S rank minion on my first combine of 4 minions. My 2nd S rank minion took 3 attempts at combining 4 minions.

25 minutes ago, Watain-DN said:

Ideally, the restore tokens should be used for a mistake the player make. Failing some deliberate like combining minions when its says there is a chance in not succeeding shouldn't even be allowed. With 3 restores that applies to this until they succeed.. why is 100% not a thing? Im sure theres no one combining their minions when they used up all their restore tokens. Did you?

On one hand I disagree simply because of the substantial benefit of having an S rank minion, and also because I'm one of those who grinded for months to get mine (although I succeeded on my first attempt).

On the other hand I agree that it should be made easier. This game is already a grind and having an S rank minion opens up a lot of doors for end-game, the faster newer players (and existing players alts too) get to this stage, the more people there will be ready for end-game content. I say this because DN-E has a serious lack of geared Templars and I would love to gear one out, I just can't be bothered with the grind again.

The chances should be ABSOLUTELY higher when combining 4 rank A minions. It's really hard to max out 4 rank A's and when you try to combine, you fail, and fail, and fail, until you run out of restoration tokens.

This is not even a complaint, just straight up facts.

I've seen people failing to get rank S minions so many times already. All that luna used to reset the minion dungeon gone forever. Many times, it's weeks and even months of work, to get 0 reward.

I don't think anybody here is asking for free stuff. All we want is a system that's more rewarding and fair.

You work hard = you get something in return.

I have failed on S minion before as well but there IS a significant rate increase from using 2 to using  3 ant to 4 it is night an day different. I have yes had prestige and grinded every single reset and etc on all 12 of my toons and 1 by 1 I do 3 extra run on 1 toon a day until I get the S and move to the next all 12 of my toons have 1 S minion. 2 have 2, 1 has 3, and 2 have 5. Sure I agree I would love for more ways to get minium because the grind is tiresome but I hear people complaining about the rate in game and then they tell me they are using 2 or 3 minions. Well that is your problem right there if you get prestige and run 3 extra run each day using luna resets its 2 month to get your 4 minion attempt. Forgetting the alts and as long as you don't plan on swapping your main in 6 months for the reset on the token thats 12 rank 4 wing A minions on 1 toon by the time it does reset just wait for an event that Korea had similar to the ultimate transform people are wanting you combine X minions and you get S minion of your choice.

Not trying to belittle the frustrations of others just saying if you were to run luna and reset it thats 1 4 A minion combine per 2 months

The need to add another way of making combines something like below:

• 2x minions = 15%
  • 3x minions =30%
  • 4x minions =70%
  • 6x minions = 90%
  • 8x minions = 100%

I know a lot of people would simply do the 8x just to be sure, I wouldn't even trust that 90% I wrote above because Aion RNG works with sketchy algorithms. 

6 hours ago, Watain-DN said:

why it have to be easy now? most of us had to wait for months to have  S-Rank... its not our problem if someone started to play 2 days ago or 1 day ago,the process should be the same to everybody that is playing. i also failed 3 times and i kept trying instead of cry on forum lol main problem here is that you all want free stuff and there is nothing free here we all know it everyday is a new complaint on forum,maybe time to try a new game? i think so

Here is the thing

• We got our first ancient and legendary transforms the hardest way, now you can get a legendary just by playing normally or by getting a free one from a potential event.
  • Enchanting stigmas was awfully hard, then we were given stormwing event and then we got our rates permanently increased and then it was pumpkin event handling free +12 stigmas
  • We accumulated a-minium without Minium Vault and it was slow and hard, now we have Minium Vault that you can do your minion in like 1 week if you have luna
  • There was pandora gear for starters and it was hard to get by the upgrades, then they made it ready to ultimate T2 pandora by doing the quests which was better than pandora T1 so bummer to those that farmed T1 and then they removed pandora and now you can buy an ultimate set with 2~6 XP marks per piece! You don't even need to jump into legendaries before you can get ultimates.
  • PvP gear was hard to get by enchanting and upgrading, by doing pvp instances and sieges, now many people get it by collecting souls and by good luck and RNG get what they need, which for me is a bad way but for others it works (I dislike the RNG of it and the pve grind aspect)

...nothing is fair, the game progresses and some things that were niche items are becoming available.

7 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

So in 7.7 part 2 we will be getting the Awakening S+ minion feature. To unlock this you need to consume an S rank level 4 minion and pay 99,000,000 kinah. I havn't  confirmed yet, but I have heard there is a chance to FAIL the upgrade process which would destroy your S grade level 4 minion and take your 99mil kinah. 

As I saw from the video you can place an existing upgraded minion into the combined mode by paying 99m kinah and you can remove it and put it back with 25m kinah, it didn't show any failures, just kinah fees to put minions into combined mode.

The good thing is that you do not "sacrifice" any minion for this, you can always restore them and put them back to normal state by kinah.

4 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Not trying to belittle the frustrations of others just saying if you were to run luna and reset it thats 1 4 A minion combine per 2 months

Congrats on having S ranks on alts, however there are some of us that have been playing for a while and still keep failing even with combining 4 of them per attempt and have even used up all of our restore tokens in trying to get a S rank! 

And realistically 1 attempt every 2 months is kind of a harsh grind, esp if you consider this means you have to spend all your luna lights to convert to Luna bundles for the extra runs, so you are loosing basically 99% of the way to get kinah this patch. 

6 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

DN-E has a serious lack of geared Templars and I would love to gear one out, I just can't be bothered with the grind again.

This is true on all servers/factions I think! DN-Asmo side is basically begging for more templars to be in game cause lots of the end-game instances seem almost impossible without a Templar, but decently gearing more then 1 toon at a time this patch seems impossible. They need to adress this issue, a quick fix would be increase Glad's emnity to what it use to be so they could hold agro...the whole "Hey let's remove Enmity + and - from gear" idea was a major Fail on NCsoft's side. 

4 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Congrats on having S ranks on alts, however there are some of us that have been playing for a while and still keep failing even with combining 4 of them per attempt and have even used up all of our restore tokens in trying to get a S rank! 

And realistically 1 attempt every 2 months is kind of a harsh grind, esp if you consider this means you have to spend all your luna lights to convert to Luna bundles for the extra runs, so you are loosing basically 99% of the way to get kinah this patch. 

I'm stating again there is always push and pull in any game you have to sacrifice something if you want something else. We all don't have unlimited time and money just some have more or less than others. Out of all of my S minions I have failed on the 4 minion attempt 32% meaning the supposed 70% success it pretty spot on. If I look at my 2 combines which is supposed to be about 15% I am lucky if I look at the 3's which is 40% I belive for this I am unlucky. Even with all this our rate is much better than other regions they have the same KR rate of 15-2 32-3 49-4. I can assure you this isn't our rate as my many toons on 2 accounts having S minions and all the attempts for 4 combine average higher than 49. I have since been buying the pre maxed minions from prestige and combining to try to make sure all of my alts have 3 S minions for the upcoming SS and I can say that rate is still more or less correct maybe its more like 66%. Also 3 runs is 120 luna a day this is half your total luna lights so you are making half of what you use to with the luna kinah boxes not all.

4 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

This is true on all servers/factions I think! DN-Asmo side is basically begging for more templars to be in game cause lots of the end-game instances seem almost impossible without a Templar, but decently gearing more then 1 toon at a time this patch seems impossible. They need to adress this issue, a quick fix would be increase Glad's emnity to what it use to be so they could hold agro...the whole "Hey let's remove Enmity + and - from gear" idea was a major Fail on NCsoft's side. 

For this I mean AT does the same job a Templar does with more damage the downside it doesn't have the same sustain the templar does when its not shielded. Its a much better tank than Glad could ever be and can easily hold agro and put out high amount of dps while still being main tank. There are an extremely small amount of players who play these classes, I understand, opposed to others but what can you say its a 1 shot or be 1 shot patch and players are looking for burst rather than survivability. Little surprising as Templar still even now is considered a broken class in Korea and has been for quite a while even with the last balance seeing a decent nerf along with Sin and Cleric the other 2 broken classes of the patch. Still NC pretty much wanted Temp or AT as tank and both do that job well it helps add to team diversity unlike older patches where some classes got excluded from content because their role wasn't needed because there was no need for it or their role was easily filled by another class who could do it ok enough and put out higher dps

I have no issue with what Arhangelos said if we want to as specific NCwest to allow a beyond 4 combine 100% method I don't mind at all and also you can get A minium through the random lugbug rewards as well as the gold sand, luna random, MV, and prestige. If they want to add more Minion based rewards in event also I wouldn't be opposed. I think the majority of people I have asked who had failed minions did 3 minion or 2. The ones that did use 4 only did it once and failed I have not yet failed the 4 combine twice in a row but maybe that will come sometime later for me I have failed on the first time a few times but the 4 is the safest way and does not take too long to farm. I just think like all things in the game if its not just given it is broken in the eyes of the playerbase. It is frustrating, I will say but how many time have you failed to enchant an ulti piece of gear with an ulti stone? Would you rather that as the 4 minion combine rate? I personally love the 70% we have I can assure you its much better than any other region even if its not truly 70%. Only reason I have 1 of each SS in korea is due to the events like I stated do X amount of A combines and get selectable S minion box

Also here you go it states; Minion awakening has been added. You will see the awakening added to the S minion of lvl 4 stage only. When you click it will list all possible materials but it can only be awaken with S minion but the type and level are irrelevant. <- Minion used to awaken can be S rank no enchant.

Then says, If you register a material minion and press awakening The minion will succeed with 100% probability as shown. After awakening blah blah you saw in the video Rag posted. I attached the thread post so you can see for yourself

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=939406&viewMode=list&size=20

If you don't want (or have time) to grind out multiple Luna reset runs of Minium Vault like people in Korea like to do for some bizarre reason, then I'd recommend that everyone attempt any S rank combines they can by the end of this month. BUT make sure you have at least one token restoration available to get the minions back upon failure. Use up all token restorations that you currently have because on January 1st, they will reset. So you lose nothing from trying only 2 A rank minions if that's all you have right now because you will get them back with your tokens. Maybe you'll get lucky and get an S rank, but if not, you will have your 2 A rank minions back and can keep running Minium Vault until you get 4 A ranks and can try again.

tldr; combine any A rank minions you have by December 31st as token restorations reset on January 1st, but make sure you have tokens to get them back upon failure 

The only thing I am saying is the rate in Korea is 15 for 2, 32 for 3, and 49 for 4, this sucks. I cannot buy a pre maxed A minion, I cannot farm luna for free in Korea as they do not have these option in the game I want luna I buy it with money. I want minium I can buy it with money so that is a way to circumvent that but its too expensive to be doing that for minions. In NA the supposed rate is 15 for 2, 40 for 3, and 70 for 4. With this buff I would do all I can to take advantage of it instead of scoffing at it because no other region is as blessed as us in a lot of features we have. KR and EU still demote on xforms. If I had this in Korea I would do anything for it. I do have one of each SS minion in Korea but I can't tell you the amount of money I spent for it, would make you sick but thats on me because I enjoy collecting just like I do in WoW or BDO or whatever other game GW back in the day.

Yes use your tokens as they don't stack. But if idk you make 1b a month off luna then using those resets on MV means you'll get that progress and only make 500m instead seems like decent trade off if the minion is what you wish for. I think the info on SS is fine wasn't 100% correct but I attached the KR patch notes so that is corrected as far as what we have here in NA its pretty great imo. Sure if we wish to ask for other ways to obtain minium as we cant buy it like in KR and we haven't had any of the minion events, although the events aren't giving minium they are promos for combining A minions so it wouldn't help the people asking for things about minium not minions, I will be glad to agree with Arhangelos like I did about making an even better chance combination for 6 or 8 minions or possibly adding it to AS not just prestige so that the free players who don't have prestige can partake as well

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

If you don't want (or have time) to grind out multiple Luna reset runs of Minium Vault like people in Korea like to do for some bizarre reason, then I'd recommend that everyone attempt any S rank combines they can by the end of this month. BUT make sure you have at least one token restoration available to get the minions back upon failure. Use up all token restorations that you currently have because on January 1st, they will reset. So you lose nothing from trying only 2 A rank minions if that's all you have right now because you will get them back with your tokens. Maybe you'll get lucky and get an S rank, but if not, you will have your 2 A rank minions back and can keep running Minium Vault until you get 4 A ranks and can try again.

tldr; combine any A rank minions you have by December 31st as token restorations reset on January 1st, but make sure you have tokens to get them back upon failure 

Vantheria is correct, use your tokens by the end of the month! Perhaps during whatever guaranteed S event is coming?

Also I disagree that the 70% success rate is spot on. I have had nowhere near that success rate trying to get my 2nd S rank.

Archived