Merge the classic servers

Eboy

The truth is, merging the servers isn't too early nor too late, but won't save the sentiment toward the game.

I am not saying Aion Classic is dead here in the NA, but sentiment is so negative. People are quitting the game or getting banned but we are not BRINGING people into the game. I'm afraid future patches likely won't bring that many people back either. 

Will the servers close tomorrow, or even in the next month? Probably not, but it's very clear that it's downhill from here. Difficult to find enough people for certain content even on Siel. Don't get me wrong I very much enjoy Aion but this was not the next generation that we all thought it would be. Numbers will dwindle and we really really really need people. 

5 minutes ago, 2s184EE1 said:

The truth is, merging the servers isn't too early nor too late, but won't save the sentiment toward the game.

I am not saying Aion Classic is dead here in the NA, but sentiment is so negative. People are quitting the game or getting banned but we are not BRINGING people into the game. I'm afraid future patches likely won't bring that many people back either. 

Will the servers close tomorrow, or even in the next month? Probably not, but it's very clear that it's downhill from here. Difficult to find enough people for certain content even on Siel. Don't get me wrong I very much enjoy Aion but this was not the next generation that we all thought it would be. Numbers will dwindle and we really really really need people. 

Exactly.

This is what happens when they advertised the game, gathered thousands of early subs and then everyone stopped playing because of the cash shop and the model: sub + free to login + 1h siel aura/day.

All those NCWest defenders used to  defend candies and the free-to-login with 1h siel's aura used to make fun of those saying that this will kill the game. I tried Classic, didn't like all the things they never said we were getting and stopped, there is nothing that can draw me back to it actively even if they open a new classic server with sub only, because I now in the future they will try to destroy it too with p2w.

I do not trust them, I'd rather log into retail which is free and enjoy whatever I like to enjoy there.

The daeva pass made things worse imo. Being able to get gold gear the moment you dinged a coin-level (31/36/41/46) is stupid. Those lvl46 +10 weap and made going instances useless. Who's gonna spend 2h in SR for 5% chance of a grogget drop when you can have a 14% attack speed weap by paying 30$. And then you're surprised people are already bored/in your face with +15 gear. 

Even worse now, free AP is given through crowns. Since above rank2 it becomes very hard to get AP from guards, those crowns come in handy.

I would have liked for the server to build its endgame like it should have and farming for a gold weapon would have been a key step to having groups running instances (or reps to earn those coins.) which means people to meet when you rift, for both sides.

1 minute ago, Neferupito said:

The daeva pass made things worse imo. Being able to get gold gear the moment you dinged a coin-level (31/36/41/46) is stupid. Those lvl46 +10 weap and made going instances useless. Who's gonna spend 2h in SR for 5% chance of a grogget drop when you can have a 14% attack speed weap by paying 30$. And then you're surprised people are already bored/in your face with +15 gear. 

Even worse now, free AP is given through crowns. Since above rank2 it becomes very hard to get AP from guards, those crowns come in handy.

I would have liked for the server to build its endgame like it should have and farming for a gold weapon would have been a key step to having groups running instances (or reps to earn those coins.) which means people to meet when you rift, for both sides.

The coin weapons, especially later tiers such as Gold and Plat versions, are grossly horrible compared to a lot of other items. We are in the beginning of the balic phase on top of that.  

10 minutes ago, Jake-DN said:

The coin weapons, especially later tiers such as Gold and Plat versions, are grossly horrible compared to a lot of other items. We are in the beginning of the balic phase on top of that.  

Put it +10 and you still have a long way to go before dropping a better weap.

Just to elaborate on that previous post :

- Xenophon weapon used to be a MUST on elyos side. Easy to get, above average stats and not bound to rng.

- blue craft lvl 40 was THE solution to get attack speed until you were lucky enough to drop a good staff

Meanwhile, with daeva pass :

bAoEzyI.png

The problem is really the mentality of NA players rather than the game. You will never be happy. You'll only ever see problems. You'll never enjoy what we have. This, more than anything wrong with the server, is the reason so many of you have already quit. People in KR don't spend their life complaining like this, even when they're at a disadvantage. They just play the game and have fun. As a result the game is better for everyone, and stays active. Even now elyos on siel own two upper forts and a lower. I've been to sieges here where we didn't have the numbers to hold off both you and balaur simultaneously. You might not have quite as many people but you have enough to make the game worth playing if you just looked on the bright side and got on with it. 

57 minutes ago, Jake-DN said:

You do know weaponsmithing/handicrafting is in the game, as well as several key world bosses. 

The said worlbosses are locked by the top 2 legions on each server I'd guess (and allow me to think that without those coin gear, they wouldn't have been able to farm it as quick into the server life as we had). So you're left with crafting, which you need to farm for to afford a blue/a gold. So once again, you'd see server activity instead of getting people geared out of thin air.

17 hours ago, Boober said:

merging the servers won't do anything, there aren't nearly enough elyos on IS to make a dent in the gap between SL-E and SL-A.  But hey, we might get some lodas amulets :D.......

I honestly think that it would make things better. But no one can tell for sure.

15 hours ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

Merging the serves would just make people leave

Why is that? I think it would actualy make some people that left come back, at least to check how things are. Again, we cannot predict that 100%.

13 hours ago, Neferupito said:

I think that the Daeva Pass was a must for todays standards. Only problem I see about it is the extremely high price. Should have been $5 or $10.

12 hours ago, Yoda said:

I still think they should disable the forums it’s almost like they enjoy listening to you guys cry for every little thing.

Sometimes I think that too... Or just delete some useless posts because we actually get some answers for issues here, like the SR ban weave.

12 hours ago, Nishe said:

The problem is really the mentality of NA players rather than the game. You will never be happy. You'll only ever see problems. You'll never enjoy what we have. This, more than anything wrong with the server, is the reason so many of you have already quit. People in KR don't spend their life complaining like this, even when they're at a disadvantage. They just play the game and have fun. As a result the game is better for everyone, and stays active. Even now elyos on siel own two upper forts and a lower. I've been to sieges here where we didn't have the numbers to hold off both you and balaur simultaneously. You might not have quite as many people but you have enough to make the game worth playing if you just looked on the bright side and got on with it. 

Exactly! But don't you think for a second that KR players don't complain too. They do complain, quite a lot actually.

11 hours ago, Neferupito said:

The said worlbosses are locked by the top 2 legions on each server I'd guess (and allow me to think that without those coin gear, they wouldn't have been able to farm it as quick into the server life as we had). So you're left with crafting, which you need to farm for to afford a blue/a gold. So once again, you'd see server activity instead of getting people geared out of thin air.

Please tell me what would have been different regarding world bosses?! MAYBE it would have taken them 2 extra weeks to start farming them, but I GUARANTEE you that the same legions would be farming them today. Or would you be there to compete? Also, world bosses drops help, of course, but there are better or equal items in instances (except maybe for Zapiels spear that is easy to combine with any AP weapon and Jeshuti's/Menotios' Mace?). Everyone will catch up very soon. Drop rates are also much better than on classic. Just relax and play the game.

I like IS as it is.

If NCsoft sent out a survey on merging servers, I bet most players would vote against it, because SL is overcrowded.

IS is much nicer to quest on. I don't need half a dozen bots competing for each quest mob.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:30 PM, Eboy said:

SI = Asmos wiping elyos off the server

IS= Elyos wiping Asmos off the server

Both are free farming why not merge, the pvp needs some serious help. 

I always thought this was the gameplan, merge the servers after a couple months and release a new start server with major patches. 

A solution has to be found before 1.5 - It's the big content patch that gives classic an actual end-game/content and a lot of people aren't really playing until it comes. 
It'll be dead on arrival if people are having to go into the new content with such a huge population + AP imbalance.

But hey, we all know NCSoft isn't going to do anything until it's too late.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:46 AM, Alvie said:

I like IS as it is.

If NCsoft sent out a survey on merging servers, I bet most players would vote against it, because SL is overcrowded.

IS is much nicer to quest on. I don't need half a dozen bots competing for each quest mob.

I agree. IS is much nicer for a single player grind simulator. Because that's what the server is. It's so deserted and empty you can just kill mobs and do quests 24/7 because no other content is available.
There's zero public group activity. If there happens to be a group for something it takes for up to 30 min+ to fill the slots. Around 20:00 NA east coast there's at max 4 groups of which 1 is FT, 1 is MM, 1 is alquima and the last one is some quest. That's it. So few people run instances that the broker is as empty and dead as the server.

At this point nothing other than merge will do anything for people who have characters on IS. IS as of right now is nothing more than an offline server with online tag suggesting there's someone else other than you playing.

34 minutes ago, 1s3169C8 said:

There's zero public group activity. If there happens to be a group for something it takes for up to 30 min+ to fill the slots. Around 20:00 NA east coast there's at max 4 groups of which 1 is FT, 1 is MM, 1 is alquima and the last one is some quest. That's it. So few people run instances that the broker is as empty and dead as the server.

At this point nothing other than merge will do anything for people who have characters on IS. IS as of right now is nothing more than an offline server with online tag suggesting there's someone else other than you playing.

Many people just don't like PVE because all the PVE gears will be replaced by PVP gears eventually and it's waste of money to +10 or +15 PVE gears.

The broker is empty because everybody can afford everything,  people just snipe the items instantly.  Merge the server will not change the fact that people will still buy out everything on broker.

38 minutes ago, 1s3169C8 said:

I agree. IS is much nicer for a single player grind simulator. Because that's what the server is. It's so deserted and empty you can just kill mobs and do quests 24/7 because no other content is available.

I disagree with almost every point you made.

IS is not deserted, I play in some kind of groups every day, usually running an instance or battling elite mobs.

Therefore I think you are just rubbish talking IS.

48 minutes ago, Alvie said:

I disagree with almost every point you made.

IS is not deserted, I play in some kind of groups every day, usually running an instance or battling elite mobs.

Therefore I think you are just rubbish talking IS.

Because he is rubbish talking Israphel. There are multiple groups for different instances throughout each day. Playing Asmodian, btw.

Things sell on the broker too. How would I know? Because I still sell them.

Is Israphel overpopulated like Siel? No, but it is still populated and has enough people to run content with.

Let people decide which server they want to play on. There are 2 different servers for a reason. NO to any kind of merge, it is way too soon.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:39 AM, Bip said:

Please tell me what would have been different regarding world bosses?! MAYBE it would have taken them 2 extra weeks to start farming them, but I GUARANTEE you that the same legions would be farming them today. Or would you be there to compete? Also, world bosses drops help, of course, but there are better or equal items in instances (except maybe for Zapiels spear that is easy to combine with any AP weapon and Jeshuti's/Menotios' Mace?). Everyone will catch up very soon. Drop rates are also much better than on classic. Just relax and play the game.

Well, I'm part of one of these legions. I still think the paid daeva pass created too much of a gear acceleration for endgame. Doing worldbosses who dropped good bluewas a thing back in 2010. Now nobody even knows what I'm talking about when I say Akairun of Medeus

6 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

Because he is rubbish talking Israphel. There are multiple groups for different instances throughout each day. Playing Asmodian, btw.

Things sell on the broker too. How would I know? Because I still sell them.

Is Israphel overpopulated like Siel? No, but it is still populated and has enough people to run content with.

Let people decide which server they want to play on. There are 2 different servers for a reason. NO to any kind of merge, it is way too soon.

I have 5 toons on Siel all L30-32, and 1 x L37 on Israphel. I much prefer playing on Israphel. I wish I had rolled on IS a couple of weeks earlier instead of rolling 5 toons on SL.  I am thinking of eventually deleting a couple of toons on SL so I can roll more on IS after I get the one I have there near L50.

I sell stuff on the IS broker every day. It's slow on the lower level gear sales, but otherwise ok. I think that's because people have lost interest in green and white items, now that there are so many blue and gold bits on offer.

Archived