end of aion classic [merged]

Nunes

2 hours ago, Nunes said:

Unfortunately once again the aion admin ended the game.
I stopped paying this month, but I went in to take a look at how the game was.
siel 434 online from level 1 to 50
israphel 137 online from level 1 to 50
NCSOFT still has the guts to charge for a failed game.

https://imgbox.com/ezx90Kdd

Agreed. They made exactly the same mistakes this time they did last time. I guess they didnt learn from their previous mistakes.

I dont understand NCSoft's line of thinking. The last change I noticed was the largest drop  and that is the reduction of AP. Now the die hard players were able to get their AP gear so NCSoft made it so it was nearly impossible for the average player to get AP gear. 

Here is the thing NCSoft doesnt seem to grasp. Aion is a multiplayer game and you have many different playing styles. Just like in the real world some styles of play dont work well with others. Some people just like to do the quest, some like running instances, others like to just kill mobs and grind for drops, others like pvp, and their are different styles of pvp. Some like the high level pvp or Fort defenses, some like to rift and gear out at lower levels to pvp, and their are other styles.  They clash, but all work. When you remove or reduce the reward for one play style you lose that section of player base. When you change and try to push everyone to play the same style you lose the majority of your player base and only keep the small section.

Nurf rifting - Lose some player base (Ap has been reduced to about 25% of what it was.) 

Speed up leveling - lose small player base (You out level the rewards from the quest making the rewards and the quest pointless)

Increase drop rate - Lose small player base ( Gold items drop way to much right now)

Give to much free stuff - lose player base (Economy is now screwed up, to many free coins, Free scrolls, free food on a daily basis is to much)

Every time you git rid of something to make one group happy you eliminate the other group. You are not going to make everyone happy. My wife love to PVE and she always complained about getting ganked, she still played and ran quest because she liked doing that,  she knew getting ganked was part of the game and she still enjoyed questing. 

I wish they would have really released AION Classic instead of the retail version of Aion Classic. We have 2 months left on our subscription and we wont renew. Leaving now for the same reason I left the first time. NCSoft decided to mess up a great game again. 

4 hours ago, UnforgivingOG said:

Agreed. They made exactly the same mistakes this time they did last time. I guess they didnt learn from their previous mistakes.

I dont understand NCSoft's line of thinking. The last change I noticed was the largest drop  and that is the reduction of AP. Now the die hard players were able to get their AP gear so NCSoft made it so it was nearly impossible for the average player to get AP gear. 

Here is the thing NCSoft doesnt seem to grasp. Aion is a multiplayer game and you have many different playing styles. Just like in the real world some styles of play dont work well with others. Some people just like to do the quest, some like running instances, others like to just kill mobs and grind for drops, others like pvp, and their are different styles of pvp. Some like the high level pvp or Fort defenses, some like to rift and gear out at lower levels to pvp, and their are other styles.  They clash, but all work. When you remove or reduce the reward for one play style you lose that section of player base. When you change and try to push everyone to play the same style you lose the majority of your player base and only keep the small section.

Nurf rifting - Lose some player base (Ap has been reduced to about 25% of what it was.) 

Speed up leveling - lose small player base (You out level the rewards from the quest making the rewards and the quest pointless)

Increase drop rate - Lose small player base ( Gold items drop way to much right now)

Give to much free stuff - lose player base (Economy is now screwed up, to many free coins, Free scrolls, free food on a daily basis is to much)

Every time you git rid of something to make one group happy you eliminate the other group. You are not going to make everyone happy. My wife love to PVE and she always complained about getting ganked, she still played and ran quest because she liked doing that,  she knew getting ganked was part of the game and she still enjoyed questing. 

I wish they would have really released AION Classic instead of the retail version of Aion Classic. We have 2 months left on our subscription and we wont renew. Leaving now for the same reason I left the first time. NCSoft decided to mess up a great game again. 

craft- no point , to many strong gear  by coins / world drop 

gathering - full of bots 

11 hours ago, Zarbi said:

Join a bigger legion if you can't play without people around.

But his main point is that there are not many players left....

9 hours ago, UnforgivingOG said:

Rifting: The reduction of AP was to avoid ganking lowbies leveling in Eltnem and Morheim, it doesn't affect Beluslan, Heiron or the Abyss. Good bye twinks. They only drive people away anyways.
Speed leveling: I honestly think that this is great. You know that you don't have to use the repeat quests to level up if you dfon't want to, right?
Increased drop rate: Again, this is not a bad change. And it's only valid for DP and SR. 1 month for 2 weapons in Adma. Zero weapons last month for me on DC.
Free stuff: There is no free stuff. Coins you have to pay the pass. What free stuff are you referring to?

4 hours ago, Magnitoz said:

craft- no point , to many strong gear  by coins / world drop 

gathering - full of bots 

Craft can still make you a lot of kinah. Crafted gear is miles ahead coin gear. World drops are mostly rubbish too honestly,. unless world bosses. And only a small fraction of the players has access to those.

But the game is the same since day 1, if it took you 5 months to realize it then it is your fault. There is no major change in it for them to kill it, what it was it still is.

Bots existed from day 1, p2w existed from day 1, hacking existed from day 1.

You were just occupied with enjoying whatever content you were doing at that time and 5 months later you got bored of it and now you are looking at a different picture.

19 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

But the game is the same since day 1, if it took you 5 months to realize it then it is your fault. There is no major change in it for them to kill it, what it was it still is.

Bots existed from day 1, p2w existed from day 1, hacking existed from day 1.

You were just occupied with enjoying whatever content you were doing at that time and 5 months later you got bored of it and now you are looking at a different picture.

You don't even play. You are a forum warrior.

• Funkula changed the title to end of aion classic [merged]
13 minutes ago, 19s19C5EB said:

You don't even play. You are a forum warrior.

Such a basic effort to an ad hominem. Is this your way of trying to counter argue my comment?

I play retail because I understood what Classic is going to end up like since the first few weeks.

If it took you 5 months to understand what it is then you aren't the brightest tool in the shed.

~~

The only change is that f2p bots could loot a ton of things and they can't do it now, everything else is the same! We understand your frustration.

11 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Such a basic effort to an ad hominem. Is this your way of trying to counter argue my comment?

I play retail because I understood what Classic is going to end up like since the first few weeks.

If it took you 5 months to understand what it is then you aren't the brightest tool in the shed.

~~

The only change is that f2p bots could loot a ton of things and they can't do it now, everything else is the same! We understand your frustration.

An ad hominem is valid as long it gets the point across to the audience. We do not converse privately, but on an open forum. Your input is irrelevant because you do not play Classic.

People are upset about the recent update that essentially ruined the economy on top of ruining sieges. You have stood outside the fence constantly over the past month yelling "I told you so!" as if we haven't been enjoying the game all along. We only want out voice to be heard and have certain things reverted to how they were a couple of weeks ago.

42 minutes ago, 19s19C5EB said:

An ad hominem is valid as long it gets the point across to the audience. We do not converse privately, but on an open forum. Your input is irrelevant because you do not play Classic.

People are upset about the recent update that essentially ruined the economy on top of ruining sieges. You have stood outside the fence constantly over the past month yelling "I told you so!" as if we haven't been enjoying the game all along. We only want out voice to be heard and have certain things reverted to how they were a couple of weeks ago.

I could have given you an F if you at least tried

Untitled-1.jpg

~~~

I also log into classic often just not actively playing it. The concerns are that this item doesn't drop from mobs "x" I killed 1000x of that mob and I didn't get any drop, people have an issue with coin gear and how crafting isn't profitable etc.

The only real problem is the HP of the siege npcs which was a Korean change because they still have a lot of players while we don't.

SO glad I never even considered downloading it, even with all the hype going on when they announced it. I mean, it's ncwest...

Do people even expect anything but full blown money grab and bad management?  

Don't let nostalgia fool you. They will NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER, do anything correctly and or make it like  it was over a decade ago.

I was never able to find logic in the way they operate. It's so beyond unprofessional that they should not even be legally able go keep going for this long (both Live and Classic).  

The game is fun.  Different than original iteration in 2009?  Sure, but still fun.  It's easy to get Lannok, DP, DC and Dredge groups on Siel ... lots of players in Primum.  I'll keep playing until it's not fun any longer.  Hopefully, that's a long time from now.  Looking forward to 1.7, 1.9 and 2.0.  2.0 was one of the greatest patches in Aion.

Maybe you had unrealistic expectations for the game and wanted it to be something that it's not.  Fair enough, that's valid.  But it's a video game, it's leisure and recreational time, we play it by choice.  Not having fun?  No worries, lots of games out there old and new.  Find something that you have fun playing.

Did someone steal your money or rob you of your time?  Now, that's kind of ridiculous.  You pay for a movie, you see a movie.  Movie is good, win.  Movie is bad, lose.  Win some, lose some. 

All of the drama really is laughable.  I mean, how sad is life in general if getting mad at a video game is how you spend your free time? 

And for the record ... a game isn't dead because the same two or three people that are dissatisfied pop into forums claiming that it is, in a blatant effort to try and ruin the game or the gameplay for others.  What else would their motivation be?  Sorry, #fail ... still having fun ...

4 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

And for the record ... a game isn't dead because the same two or three people that are dissatisfied pop into forums claiming that it is, in a blatant effort to try and ruin the game or the gameplay for others.  What else would their motivation be?  Sorry, #fail ... still having fun ...

Sure, clearly the same  3 ppl complaining are also the thousands that already quit. People complaining on forums are the ones that still care enough, and want to make things better. Most just quit and delete it.

Server populations are decreasing every day. Nobody needs to be a genius to compare population numbers from first month to now.  

Is it dead? Not yet. But the life span will be shorter than most think.

Imagine having to edit hp of siege things simply because there's not enough people as it should have.

But hey, it's no dead UwU. It's just slowly dying. 

On 11/5/2021 at 4:54 AM, UnforgivingOG said:

I agree with most of it but this :

?? Are we playing the same game? I've ran DP like10 times and I saw only 1 ring drop and only got 1 piece of armor. No elder drop, no godstone drop. Zapiel/Jesh droprate for weapon is still garbage

If anything, they should be the worlddrop gold rate...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 9:28 PM, Unbuff-DN said:

Sure, clearly the same  3 ppl complaining are also the thousands that already quit. People complaining on forums are the ones that still care enough, and want to make things better. Most just quit and delete it.

Server populations are decreasing every day. Nobody needs to be a genius to compare population numbers from first month to now.  

Is it dead? Not yet. But the life span will be shorter than most think.

Imagine having to edit hp of siege things simply because there's not enough people as it should have.

But hey, it's no dead UwU. It's just slowly dying. 

It's dead if you aren't having fun and that fits your narrative.  It's not dead if you're having fun and enjoying it, which I am.  I understand frustration, but there's enough of it in real life, I don't let it permeate my leisure and free time.  All games die, and players move on.  I've enjoyed them all ... Aion, Rift, Tera, GWII, SWTOR, Neverwinter, Archeage, BDO, Revelation.  Aion was my first love and I'm still having fun, so I don't let the noise effect that.

Truth is, on Siel, I don't have any issues running content.  I can get in Dredge at anytime during the 2 hour window.  Forgot about it last night and quick  queue'd with 3 minutes left, got in and won.  No issues running DC and Adma on CD or finding groups to do Daily Romp with.  The population is most likely way down, for sure ... what I'm saying is that it really hasn't effected my gameplay at all.  I'd rather it had not effected anyone, but that's the nature of MMO's and we all know it ahead of time. 

I hope they merge servers so that IS players can enjoy more content and more groups.  I hope NCSoft makes some changes and I'm looking forward to 1.7 and fort instances and maybe Divine, although I'm not sure when Divine comes.  Then 2.0 was the best patch in Aion's history, so I'll definitely be around for that.  I enjoyed Aion retail all the way up until the ruined Tiamaranta.  I'll stick around until then if there's still people to play with.  Maybe there will be, maybe there won't.

In the end, the only requirement I have for a game is to have fun.  I'm having fun, and when I'm no longer having fun, I'll move on to a game that I can have fun playing.  I hope you find that game too.

It's a real shame. I was holding out hope that Aion Classic would take off successfully and thrive. But reading through all the posts here, and some valid points made, bring me to one conclusion. Aion Classic is far from perfect - NCWest has a history of crash 'n burns, no doubt about that. But anyone who has done any gaming and has an IQ above room temperature knows that a toxic game community will commit suicide 9 chances out of 10. Is that why people are leaving in droves? Not entirely, no. But it sure doesn't help when the gameplay is struggling for air.

I'm not suggesting that we all start watching Care Bear re-runs and popping a qualude just before we log in. But a little less salt wouldn't hurt. 😜

Archived