Weekly Server Maintenance - May 4, 2022 [Aion]

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

PLEASE NOTE: After May 6-8, the double XP/AP weekends will no longer continue. We hope you have enjoyed these special boost weekends while they were in effect. 

--------------

EDIT: 5/4/2022 @12PM PST:
Based on community feedback, the following has been changed for the BCM Update. This will also be reflected in it's own forums post, and updated on the blog. 

• “Apsaranta Mega Package” will now reward x2 [BCM] Abundant Autumn Harvest Coin
  • An additional Promotion reward has been added:
    • Anyone who purchases 1x “[BCM] Legendary Hanbok Transformation Contract (4 Types)” from the “Autumn Harvest Manager” will received a 1x “Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 Types)” after the event ends.
    • These will be delivered before end of day, June 1st.
    • This promotion is available once per account.

--------------

KNOWN ISSUES:

We will be reporting on major known issues as they arrive from 8.2, and posting and updating about them in the thread below. If you find any critical issues with events or game functions, please post them in the Bug Report Section of the forums, or contact support.aiononline.com

--------------

Thank you!

[BCM] Abundant Transformation Contract Selection Box (20 types)

Need to change it to 22 types ㅡㅡ 

바이젤이랑 아스펠 어디갔니????

Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel Vaizel 

In kr 20types

Israphel’s Apostle

Marchutan’s Apostle

Zikel’s Apostle

Kaisinel’s Apostle

Siel’s Apostle

Nezekan’s Apostle

Vizel’s Apostle

Yustiel’s Apostle

Triniel’s Apostle

Lumiel’s Apostle

Valiant Hanbok Pixel

Wise Hanbok Pixel

Clever Hanbok Pixel

Agile Hanbok Pixel

Cat Doctor

Cat Nurse

Hanbok Cuddly

Hanbok Fuddly

Warm Winter Fox

Fluffy Winter Fox

오타 맞지??

$500 USD for a Hanbok. NCW please, they cost us $15 USD last time. Why are you gatekeeping the Instant Return skill so much? We waited all year for NCW just to say "oops forgot" when the Hanbok pixel window came and went, don't charge us $485 more for the exact same product just because you forgot to implement the event earlier and it now might be incompatible with the coming build of the game. 1200 BC Coin was the price of a selectable legendary Hanbok, and should remain as such. $500 buys us a lot of different games we could be playing instead.

Disappointing disconnect from what everyone was asking for vs what NCW was willing to give us.

why we still stock in 10 types transformation rewards. its 2022 for aion sake. Lately this events are getting in bad shape turning back on what it was once. No more growth for us free to play stuck on this forever. I wish they release a free to play new ancient contracts or some apostles maybe ? Pvp right now is in bad shape you fed all pay to win now most free to play players lost the appetite to fight or play , Yeah some of you think free to play can't afford being pay to play and complain yes some of us can't spend a penny on a dying game because its smart. If you really wanna save the game please make free to play feel like its "truly free to play" like you advertise, cause apparently its not. 

Not an excuse but during 5.0 when server went through massive fall out of players Fire temple event rise and bring players back like it was once before, People who loved aion was still there and always be there watching waiting for the right time to comeback give them the right push and a wise one. 

I get that it's a BCM Sale... but $500 for a single Apostle Contract is incomprehensible ... 
$300 for a Hanbok is even worse since that's 20 times what they went for last time they were available. 
This ultimately puts a +3 Paragon item being worth less than an Apostle Contract when it should technically be the other way around. 

754058660174626909.webp?size=96&quality=

Limit 5 per account... So 5 coins per account.. Even those of us that need x2 hanbok pixel wont be able to purchase them cuz they cost 3 coin each... And i dont even know if its selective because it does not say... @Rin Are you guys for real???

8 hours ago, Rin said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

PLEASE NOTE: After May 6-8, the double XP/AP weekends will no longer continue. We hope you have enjoyed these special boost weekends while they were in effect. 

Thank you!

Hello @Rin 

The survey which we got past week asked our review about the events we want, but now you guys have put overpriced items on the bcm for sale.

Secondly, We havent really had any really good event in the mean while, why not just bring the petal event( which we had last year) with better rewards

The price of contract which you have put $500, which is not worth a try, it would be better to make apostle and ultimate  transform selective in diffrent price range instead of putting all together ultimate and apostle transform, Ncsoft should make an effort and put the transforms of different type in their own selective boxes.

Finally, Very very very disappointed with the way ncsoft is dealing with events, You guys have to make sales too but not loot us too. You have lost out trust as a player, im saying we have  put more time in the game you probably put in your jobs.

Lastly im expecting some good event in the future as a player. But if you guys cant handle it very well. Then there are better games out there were we can move and enjoy our time.

Yo like this is a joke right $300 or $500 just for a transformation like honestly the hell, I honestly rather fall down the stairs than spend that much money on a transformation, I could buy a brand new CPU for that price or a cheap a** car or literally alot more useful stuff than that for $500 this is honestly the most Absurd  thing I've ever seen in any game I've ever played in the past 18 years of playing games

The problem is that once again these apostles and ancient transforms are exclusive to a BCM sales event, and f2p players will still be unable to get any of the transformations that are part of amazing collections.

All of the extra transformations should be acquirable via combination. Why on earth did they exclude those from combining?

~~~

I do not want to play devil's advocate but you do not pay 500$ to get one transform, you buy those bundles with paragons, enchants, fully upgraded selectable minions etc, and you get the coin which you can use to buy the things from that NPC.

It is like the previous BCM sales event that you needed to give 200$ to get the ancient fox transform and you could get up to 2x per account for 400$ total and I think there was still some RNG over which one you would get or something.

Plenty of the player base in NA servers do not even make 500$ per month as a salary in their country!

Edited by Arhangelos

37 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

All of the extra transformations should be acquirable via combination. Why on earth did they exclude those from combining?

8.2 is introducing some RNG transparency mechanisms.  I hope NC starts being more transparent about what is possible to obtain via combination.  The expectation by most is that transformation combinations yield a random higher grade if successful, or a random current grade if unsuccessful with 100% of the transforms of that grade being candidates for the result.  If this isn't in fact true, then NC should be clear about the nuance.  It's very easy to mislead a player base behind RNG failures where the situation is broken and certain results are impossible, not simply unlikely.

17 minutes ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

All renown from quests (excluding Apsaranta) have been multiplied by 6x!

The entire Apsaranta corps quest rotation have been completely changd again

8.2 repeatable quests list:

...oh god it is all back to level 1? Pfff!

At least we finally get to make renown on enemy maps.

Edited by Arhangelos

@Rin Quick couple questions concerning the Wardrobe System.

• The wardrobe works for each character.
  • Only items that can be extracted can be registered in the Wardrobe.

What does this mean "works for each character?". Does that mean my characters share registered items, or each character gets their own wardrobe?

Also, what is meant by "extracted"?

• Aion Team

Good morning, everyone.

Thank you so much for expressing yourselves with me today. I completely understand your frustrations with these sales here and have given this feedback to the team.

After investigating what possible fixes we could do based on your feedback, we have added the following:

• “Apsaranta Mega Package” will now reward x2 [BCM] Abundant Autumn Harvest Coin
    • Anyone who purchases 1x “[BCM] Legendary Hanbok Transformation Contract (4 Types)” from the “Autumn Harvest Manager” will received a 1x “Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 Types)” after the event ends.

The above will also be reflected in the blog post momentarily.

One thing I want to state very clearly though that will hopefully ease your minds, is that the survey we did asking for your feedback on future events was not related to this sale. This sale was pre-determined outside what we do with the NA client—We have been asking for your feedback on events to see what we can start planning out for the future. This will take time and as always, and there’s limits to what things we can and cannot do, but I can officially say it was NOT related to this BCM sale.

Again, to reiterate, this sale is *not* related to the survey, and our efforts to utilize your feedback for events for the future is still coming!

I very much appreciate each of you raising your concerns when these things arise, and I will continue to push for your voice to be heard and make changes happen if and when possible.

25 minutes ago, Rin said:

Good morning, everyone.

Thank you so much for expressing yourselves with me today. I completely understand your frustrations with these sales here and have given this feedback to the team.

After investigating what possible fixes we could do based on your feedback, we have added the following:

• “Apsaranta Mega Package” will now reward x2 [BCM] Abundant Autumn Harvest Coin
    • Anyone who purchases 1x “[BCM] Legendary Hanbok Transformation Contract (4 Types)” from the “Autumn Harvest Manager” will received a 1x “Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 Types)” after the event ends.

The above will also be reflected in the blog post momentarily.

One thing I want to state very clearly though that will hopefully ease your minds, is that the survey we did asking for your feedback on future events was not related to this sale. This sale was pre-determined outside what we do with the NA client—We have been asking for your feedback on events to see what we can start planning out for the future. This will take time and as always, and there’s limits to what things we can and cannot do, but I can officially say it was NOT related to this BCM sale.

Again, to reiterate, this sale is *not* related to the survey, and our efforts to utilize your feedback for events for the future is still coming!

I very much appreciate each of you raising your concerns when these things arise, and I will continue to push for your voice to be heard and make changes happen if and when possible.

The problem with all this is that its always the "takes time" excuse, time longer than you guys seems to stick around, so its an endless loop of various people, coming, promising and moving on without much to show for, rinse and repeat. How does an event that already exists, since we've had it before takes months/years to "plan out", while conveniently all the things we seem to want the most seem to show up in "sales" with an exorbitant price tags? Funny how that works, eh?