Is possible a new server in 6.0?

ANASTASIAME-KT

11 hours ago, ANASTASIAME-KT said:

I currently play in Korea and the amount of players on the new server is impressive

Korea =/= North America

And funny thing! The amount of players on Beritra for the first few months was also "impressive". Of course the other servers were -dead- because guess where the "impressive" numbers of players came from? That's right! THE OTHER SERVERS. And what happened to Beritra once people and leveled and geared? They went back to their other servers leaving Beritra a ghost town.

Seriously, opening a new server would be the worst idea ever. The absolute worst. I know our team is rather out of touch with Aion, but they can't possibly be -that- out of touch that they would even consider opening a new server.

am I the only one who thought of 'Fresh New Server' refers to hardware of our current server? you know, the optimized one with 30 fps on sieges and no DCs anywhere in the world your playing that can handle 1000+ players all using skills at the same time without using F12 (or using F12 just to see your toon clearly and not because of performance issues)?

On 2018-02-01 at 6:46 AM, Aly-DN said:

Korea =/= North America

And funny thing! The amount of players on Beritra for the first few months was also "impressive". Of course the other servers were -dead- because guess where the "impressive" numbers of players came from? That's right! THE OTHER SERVERS. And what happened to Beritra once people and leveled and geared? They went back to their other servers leaving Beritra a ghost town.

Seriously, opening a new server would be the worst idea ever. The absolute worst. I know our team is rather out of touch with Aion, but they can't possibly be -that- out of touch that they would even consider opening a new server.

Korea was in the same state before 6.0 also beritra was open with the launch of a patch that didn't bring much. 6.0 is a brand new game so it would actually make sense to make a new server.

31 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Probably the only reason why a new server would be good is because in 6.0 you won't be able to buy your way through with pro gear right away. You'd start the same just as anybody else.

It worked well in Korea with 2 new servers.

2 new servers? Did they open a second one recently?

8 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

2 new servers? Did they open a second one recently?

The first one they opened upon 6.0 release was Poeta server, however within 1-3 days, it got packed so much, people had to wait in a queue to access it and restricted character creation. NCKorea then opened a second server, Ishalgen.

Ultimately it is NCsoft who will determine if we get a new server or not regardless of the situation other servers are in. With recent mergers no new games coming out and the closure of MxM the company has lots of servers sitting around idle doing nothing more then likely.

I think this is a good thing for returning/potential new players.

The issue is letting the community think that a new server means permanent fixture to the game when it does not have to be.

If they were release a new server but make it a server that is only coming out to help ease returning and newer players back in to Aion since it has such big changes. This way they get a platform to play on for 3 months away from all the advantages the older players have while knowing they will eventually end up with the older players.  This would make them feel  that when they spend money on the game they are gaining personal progression not chasing older players gear. 

Player experience is everything and how are you going to get these returning users to stay around when they get killed by older players who have upgraded purple PvP gear day 1 when 6.0 releases and they are stuck using Gold gear for a week or 2  or more even if they do not pay 100s of dollars to help advance their upgrades day 1 of their return to the game.

will they release a new server imo yes why cause they have done it before with Kahrun and Beritra.  Since 6.0 is basically a whole new game and a reboot for sake of a better phrase they imo will do one again especially with all the hype surronding the release.  If they could fix the issues they had with steam and the fraud stuff that was happening a release of 6.0 and on steam could see lots of players return.  Since we had a merge to the other 2 servers shouldn't see as drastic a drop as we did when Beritra was released.  TBH I don't think Katalam can handle the merge as is as has had a few issues with crashes and stuff since merge.  I dunno I just see history repeating itself.

@HealingSquid-KT.. that was the reason many old players rolled on Beritra. The chance to start fresh with everyone having the same gear. And how long did that last? A month? A little more? A little less? The whales (Aion bless them for keeping the game afloat) are going to spend their money on a new server the same that they would on the old servers. The hackers will still be hacking. The whales who are hackers will be hacking in tricked out new gear. There is -always- going to be someone that kicks the snot out of you. A new server isn't going to change that.

All a new server is going to do is pull numbers from the old servers before they leave the new server to return to their old one leaving -all- the servers in a sad state. 

I don't want to have to go through another merge. A new server will guarentee that.

Things NA isn't likely to do:

Advertise.

Fix the freaking website.

Make the game appealing to new/returning players for very long.

It's not a surprise Korea needs more servers; their game just went f2p. We had the same influx when we went f2p, but I strongly doubt we'll see anything like it ever again, especially with NCsoft's amazing NA/EU track record. At best, we'll see a short-term burst; everyone will realize that it's just a mobile-style p2w game and the hackers still won't be dealt with, and they'll quit.

Merging in Aion isn't quick and easy. Between names and housing, what do you do? Keep housing disabled on the new server? Put out a notice that there's the distinct possibility you won't get to keep your name in a few months when the server inevitably dies?

Maybe I'm jaded, but we've seen how Ncsoft works with its players. I strongly doubt the new game feel will last beyond a few months, and even the new Korean servers will start having problems. Aion is old. It's not well managed. The company is greedy and killed their own game, and, when that new patch magic fades away, people will realize it's business as usual, just with a new skin.

/jaded and cynical

34 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

@HealingSquid-KT.. that was the reason many old players rolled on Beritra. The chance to start fresh with everyone having the same gear. And how long did that last? A month? A little more? A little less? The whales (Aion bless them for keeping the game afloat) are going to spend their money on a new server the same that they would on the old servers. The hackers will still be hacking. The whales who are hackers will be hacking in tricked out new gear. There is -always- going to be someone that kicks the snot out of you. A new server isn't going to change that.

All a new server is going to do is pull numbers from the old servers before they leave the new server to return to their old one leaving -all- the servers in a sad state. 

I don't want to have to go through another merge. A new server will guarentee that.

A new server should be about re-introducing players back in to the game.Your point about Beritra is exactly the point i am trying to make its about avoiding the same issues to their highest ability. Making a temporary server that would be merged in to the old servers at a later date means they can disable some features as i will list below a few just to say what i mean. These changes would make it so that the characters getting merged in to the older servers would not affect the old servers except increase population.

Character Creation Restriction - Put a restriction on character creation only new accounts can make a character on the server that would remove the issues of conflicting factions and a lot of issues that come with merging.

Housing - Since it would be getting merged with old servers they have no chance of obtaining a house or mansion anyways so that means they should leave housing locked the entire time the servers are up so when merging does happen again the older servers are not affected.

GP - Base GP is taken with you on transfer off the server.

Character Name - Since cheesecake mentioned it in the post after i made this post you do not get to keep your name if it is conflicting with one of the current server names.

I can not see any other issues except for the player base poaching which is impossible to fix.I do however think that letting the community know that the server would be temporary and some features of the game will be disabled to ensure a smooth merge in to the rest of the games population would stop a large portion of players from re-rolling on to the new server.

All in all i am on the same side as you in terms of a new server is worse for the game as a whole if it is done incorrectly and their is a 99.95% chance of doing a new server incorrectly.

I'll tell you right now if there is no fresh start server with 6.0 this already dead game will be buried another 6ft deeper. The entire focus of the KR devs for 6.0 was to shift the game mechanics towards their new f2p model. This means the gearing and character building process through this new system *is* the 6.0 content. All you existing players who will be compensated the new endgame gear will have almost nothing to do a week after the patch hits. Combine this with how hollow the game will feel to many of you diehard fans that still play and I can actually see many aion4lifers finish their journey with this patch. The amount of nostalgia and feeling of betrayal on the KR forums is extremely high and the only reason it isn't a catastrophe is the f2p player boost and fresh start servers. 

New players won't stick around on old servers for long if 6.0 even manages to catch some buzz. The gap between existing and new/returning players is still insurmountably high and the gearing process is time gated so these players will be put through the ringer while they slowly gear up with the hope that one day they aren't just a 2 shot kill.

Archived