Updated Issues Jan 2020

fearemall-DN

Lets see here...

1. EC......enough said

2. 7.2....?

3. Outdated prestige box items

4. ID invisible box glitch...luckily most people dont have to do this unfair buggy instance anymore

5. Events that keep nobody engaged...Snowman event broken....fixing hitboxes over loot distributions? Why?

6. Server transfers...bugged lugbug quests

7. Not enough content....most people are geared and you took out most zones.....cant we at least have shard wars back?:/ (you destroyed your game, literally)

8. Dredge....more like “grab n go” now

9. BCM items limited and not what everyone wants....thought you would want to make more money

10. and the biggest one....COMMUNICATION!!! You lack this, you don’t care, everyone leaves! We all have our ears wide open but aren’t hearing anything. At least tell us if something is going to be delayed. At least we would know about it instead of being left in the dark

Please feel free to add to this list, as I’m sure these are just a FEW of the problems found in Aion right now.

Everything above plus:

No skins, IB glitch box (never had an issue in ID, only in IB), housing became obsolete, gathering is practically useless, crafting is bad since recipes almost never proc, drop rate in pve instances is awful, class imbalance is killing the game once again.

49 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

IB isn't broken? What game are you playing?

The only thing broken in IB is if people have bad computers they get stuck... outside of that the instance is the most fair instance out of any no gear advantage just people v people

5 hours ago, Tiffany-DN said:

The only thing broken in IB is if people have bad computers they get stuck... outside of that the instance is the most fair instance out of any no gear advantage just people v people

I made my pc 4 years ago or something not very new BUT I got 32GB RAM, i5 7600K (very good for a single core gaming like Aion), RX480 8GB GPU.
My CPU/GPU/RAM usage when I play aion is less than 10% all the time except for sieges or crowded places. In places like IB or instances that have little people the CPU is pretty low.

And I do get the box in IB too some times, this has nothing to do with a bad pc, the glitch box occurs in a flat surface, no obstacles or anything.
What are we supposed to have to have a good pc for aion? 128GB RAM, 2080TI GPU and a 16/32 cpu or something?

The instance is fair in mechanics, since everyone have the same stats, the only thing that makes a difference is the ping of everyone.

17 hours ago, fearemall-DN said:

7. Not enough content....most people are geared and you took out most zones.....cant we at least have shard wars back?:/ (you destroyed your game, literally)

Not enough content i 100% agree with but shard style wars is a player issue not a game/developer issue. 

unknown.png

The only difference between these Outposts and shard wars is that you could fly. For the majority of players at shard wars getting hit by the mobs = 100% death every time. People simply do not want to PvP thus there is no shard style wars anymore in the game.

Back during shard wars you always had those temp/clerics that would pull the guards so you could go in. Now everyone plays only for themselves for the most part so no one pulls the guards away anymore.

@HealingSquid-KT Couldn't agree more with regards to players refusing to participate in PVP while lamenting about shard wars and stuff. Ironically, desipte the woes of a post-transfer DN-A faction, this week has actually been very active with shard-war style PVP at the outposts on the DN faction. I haven't taken time out of my every day to participate but I've done it for a few days now and know I can reliably find asmos to PVP by going there.

Classic zerg v zerg "kite the guards" cluster-fun that was shard wars exactly :)

50 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

What is shard wars?

The shards were where you ported up and down in the abyss. It was just a flight person and some other NPCs. Elyos on one side and Asmos on the other.  For some odd reason, people would gather there and fight back and forth with no purpose other than to PvP.

And the pad wars at Broken Cliff in Katalam, PVP in ID - fighting over the strange ide crystal farming area, and the areas where rare materials were farmed, and instance entrances...PVP wasn't just common and fun, it had actual economic meaning in the game, so it didn't just feel like slap fighting between camps. 

The same for sieging - when you had to fight to open Silentera Canyon, or to gain entrance to the Eye - now nothing has any real meaning.  Siege to get GP for a title that really doesn't matter, meh.

I'm not sure that pad hopping or shard wars or any of those others actually had meaning. In fact I always thought of this type of PvP as PvP for PvP's sake. Nothing to really gain. Even blocking instance entrances (which you can still do, btw) was just a temporary kicking of the beehive in an attempt to get the bees to come out and play. Sort of a "how long can we last before they bring a large enough force to make us go away" type of thing.

I 100% agree though that sieging has lost all meaning. Have the fort.. don't have the fort. Whatever. You can still run the instances. You can still go anywhere you want to. Sieges are only for GP and ap ranked transforms are only for gaining more ap. They aren't even used to take forts any more. I suffered as both a Kaisinel Elyos and then as an Israphel Asmo from not being able to run fort instances because we were so outnumbered that we couldn't take a fort to get the instance. So I thought changing things so as not to tie instances to fort ownership was a good thing. Now I realize that removing the incentives to take forts has made the whole concept of sieging moronic and selfish.

The coming together of a whole faction to work together to take a fort for the benefit of the whole faction was my favorite part of Aion. It's what made Aion different from all other games. And it's gone.

8 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I'm not sure that pad hopping or shard wars or any of those others actually had meaning. In fact I always thought of this type of PvP as PvP for PvP's sake. Nothing to really gain. Even blocking instance entrances (which you can still do, btw) was just a temporary kicking of the beehive in an attempt to get the bees to come out and play. Sort of a "how long can we last before they bring a large enough force to make us go away" type of thing.

I 100% agree though that sieging has lost all meaning. Have the fort.. don't have the fort. Whatever. You can still run the instances. You can still go anywhere you want to. Sieges are only for GP and ap ranked transforms are only for gaining more ap. They aren't even used to take forts any more. I suffered as both a Kaisinel Elyos and then as an Israphel Asmo from not being able to run fort instances because we were so outnumbered that we couldn't take a fort to get the instance. So I thought changing things so as not to tie instances to fort ownership was a good thing. Now I realize that removing the incentives to take forts has made the whole concept of sieging moronic and selfish.

The coming together of a whole faction to work together to take a fort for the benefit of the whole faction was my favorite part of Aion. It's what made Aion different from all other games. And it's gone.

Not pad hopping.  Not shard wars. 

But farming?  If people couldn't farm materials, then your running scrolls, your jellies - anything that required materials to craft were more expensive (bots notwithstanding).  In the early days of EB, Strange Ide crystals were required to make the keys to get into EB.  The broker was often empty of the crystals, they took time to farm, and there was a lot of killing going on in the only two farming areas in the Idian Depths.  

There's nothing like that now.   

(For some reason, couldn't edit the one above that saved by accident before I responded)

@Shoenfein-DN Think you want to say IS entry key requirement .

Also about the game we atill dont have an instance to drop an ulti wep/neclace/belt. Also rings imposible to get. The only items what we have is Wb wep . Or crafted one for pve .Also goodluck with proc on craft . 17 try to get a neclace and got only 1 ancient noble .... goodluck on getting ulti.

6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

ah yes it sure was nice when ppl would cap and hog katalam/danaria/abyss forts for months without end, stacking billions of kinah and thousands of pots and distributing them across their selective legion members, 95% of the faction never even knowing about their existence uwu

for the faction !!!!!!!!!!!111

it's cute that you're all nostalgic and leave out the poisoned part of the fruit that are earlier patches... barracks glide hacks ? the hoards of permawow gunners ? quest items going into your main inventory ? all 4 previously socketed manastones removing themselves if you failed the 5th cuz you cheapened out on feli socketings and were keeping the single one you could afford for the 6th slot ? composites failing to socket ? not getting the tune you want on io/dr weapons after your 3 allotted retunes ? farming Idian Depths for 2hrs straight and only getting enough idium crystals to go IS twice ? stigma shards ? having to unequip the whole stigma tree, stigma by stigma, if you wanted to change specs ? not being able to see elyos behind you on the compass map ? invasion loot drama because loot was number-limited but the factions were not ? you and 22 other ppl failing EB because of 1 person when you were supposed to get 3 more runs done that same day ? being unable to catch up to 5-stars/generals unless you literally used all your playtime to run EBs back to back because they all scrolled multiple EBs every day since months and you didn't have that kind of time ? new players being confused as SHIT about what piece of gear gives offensive VS defensive stats when enchanted (some ppl clearly are still confused) ? non-existent gear sets, having to use the g a r b a g e macro switch unless you had AHK/gaming mouse ? people that could go above the gear cap as early as 4.7 (january 2015) with stones rarer than a blue moon ? mounts being lowkey rare until Luna was added (July 2016) and let's not forget Pandaemonium not having a direct teleport from the entrance to the brokers until somewhere in 5.x ? fun fun fun

if you're not enjoying the game in its current state, put your addiction on ice and quit.

Guess you missed the part where I said I was a Kaisinel Elyos and an Israphel Asmodian. I lived through the pain of having forward progress completely halted because my faction couldn't take a fort. In case you weren't around in the beginning, Kaisinel Asmodians actually locked the Elyos out from being able to complete their Sulfur campaign quest so they effectively were blocked from getting Miragents. We never held an upper/inner. Ever. We did manage to take Roah twice. Once by filling the ramp into the diety room with kisks. Ofc we lost it again the next vuln. 

I didn't gloss over anything. I lived every single painful moment. I used to spend 4 hours in DP duo killing mobs just to try and farm blood stains for my freaking pants.. which I never did proc.

The thing is, even with all of that, I personally enjoyed working as a faction. Even if it was a losing faction. I really liked that aspect of the game. I did some interview with a player that was making a youtube channel about games ages ago and she asked me. What about Aion made it "my game". And my answer was sieges. Even with my history of being on the most oppressed factions. I really liked getting people together who would never have played together if it weren't for sieges. Getting them together and compromising in order to work together to try and get something accomplished. There were times when I would throw my hands in the air and think, "Nothing is worth having to deal with these people!" But if I were honest.. that was the challenge.

I agree that there have been some really good quality of life changes to Aion. I agree that tying instances to fort ownership had a hugely negative effect on people's gear progression. And I did say that initially I agreed with the devs change to remove that. BUT.. there was a negative impact as well. Unfortunately that negative impact took away something I personally liked. 

It's alright if I like something you don't, right? That doesn't mean either one of us has to quit, right?

Just breathe. 

22 hours ago, Tiffany-DN said:

Well. I dont have the really top PC.. just an i7 7700k msi z270 m6. 512 m.2 nvme samsung pro, corsair 16gb 3600 and asus 1060 dual. and I get the box stuck almost 3 times a week.

Beleave me its not the PC. its the game. Some update **** IB. I had another old PC that i used to play like 6 months ago, and I was not having this issue.

10 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The shards were where you ported up and down in the abyss. It was just a flight person and some other NPCs. Elyos on one side and Asmos on the other.  For some odd reason, people would gather there and fight back and forth with no purpose other than to PvP.

Oh yes I remember this, I also participated in it but I never knew it was such a big thing for some people.

I kinda preferred the safe pad wars in Katalam and Danaria and then in the next patch they raised the pads so high that once you fell down you couldn't get back in, it was kinda fun, like a mini siege, no guards included. The dominating side would be outside the safe pad and tried to lure the players out of it and the dominated side would get back and forth into the safe pad trying to pvp. It was like an addition to camp weeklies in Katalam/Danaria so it had plenty of pvp. Nobody ever understood why they changed it, it seems the developers check what was fun for people and they made sure to change it in the next patch.

Now I remembered Sillus siege... man the terrain, the fences that had to be broken, the walls, the turrets on top of the fortress, the corridor to get in. Even that had some awesome pvp.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Oh yes I remember this, I also participated in it but I never knew it was such a big thing for some people.

I kinda preferred the safe pad wars in Katalam and Danaria and then in the next patch they raised the pads so high that once you fell down you couldn't get back in, it was kinda fun, like a mini siege, no guards included. The dominating side would be outside the safe pad and tried to lure the players out of it and the dominated side would get back and forth into the safe pad trying to pvp. It was like an addition to camp weeklies in Katalam/Danaria so it had plenty of pvp. Nobody ever understood why they changed it, it seems the developers check what was fun for people and they made sure to change it in the next patch.

Now I remembered Sillus siege... man the terrain, the fences that had to be broken, the walls, the turrets on top of the fortress, the corridor to get in. Even that had some awesome pvp.

There definitely was strategy in those old sieges. 

And are you saying nobody understood why they raised the safe pads in Kata/Dan? Umm. Gotta disagree there. The flat safe pads were really trolly and open to abuse. Did you never see the SMs who would camp on them and just step off and strip scrolls before stepping back on? Or try hards that would jump off and when they were getting their butts kicked then would just step back on? Raising them at least made you have to -work- for a retreat, since most of them you could get back on.. just took a little doing.

51 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

There definitely was strategy in those old sieges. 

And are you saying nobody understood why they raised the safe pads in Kata/Dan? Umm. Gotta disagree there. The flat safe pads were really trolly and open to abuse. Did you never see the SMs who would camp on them and just step off and strip scrolls before stepping back on? Or try hards that would jump off and when they were getting their butts kicked then would just step back on? Raising them at least made you have to -work- for a retreat, since most of them you could get back on.. just took a little doing.

Of course safe pad wars were irritating at times, but I kinda loved them while the siege was on. If we owned the fortress and took them all the way back to safe pad, people screaming "let them come to contribution area" while people would chase all the way back to safe pad and then resort into safepad wars. I can almost imagine someone like Ele waiting afk at walls wondering why there is no contribution.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Of course safe pad wars were irritating at times, but I kinda loved them while the siege was on. If we owned the fortress and took them all the way back to safe pad, people screaming "let them come to contribution area" while people would chase all the way back to safe pad and then resort into safepad wars. I can almost imagine someone like Ele waiting afk at walls wondering why there is no contribution.

And idiots like you want to keep contribution zone small lul.

Archived