What exactly is the problem with SAS?

Hallo-DN

Ok, since Kibbelz post didnt explain what the serious issue was that both the entrance and npcs had to be removed.. I'm curious,does anyone know why?I asked people in game but no answer either.

I did the instance on several characters but didnt see anything strange (dont know about the npc rewards thou), so assume its 100% some kind of exploit. This isnt a rant post but I hope the fix wont take months to fix,thats all!

Generally speaking, they can't give you that information.  Even though it's been taken out, and "being fixed", sharing the information related to an exploit or bug can cause people to use/discover new similar bugs.

What the bug was has no bearing on you anyway, if you haven't already figured out what it is.  

@Loki @KibbelzSo....will there be any compensation for this instance being down for an extended period or time?  Right now Experience is hard to come by so losing the experience each day which means less Marks to use for progression. On top of that many people still are trying to get ultimate xforms and other things that SAS was the best source of those needed items to upgrade skills, gear etc..  The only way to get an ultimate xform is to get more legendary xforms and pray to the RNG gods...With this instance now removed it is one less way for those of us that don't have $1,000's to spend on this game (especially with what is going on in the world right now) a chance to catch up or even be competitive. 

It's bad enough most of the recent events have been all about money while hurting the little guy which imo make up a bulk of the population. If there was some sort of bug or exploit then fix it and that is fine just do it quickly.  If it takes a while then your only hurting the rest of us. 

100% because those new tree NPCs are close to where the SAS stuff was. Until they offer us a better explanation, this will be my answer. 

THE TREES TOOK OUR BELOVED SHUGOS (and big glowy rock). I propose we take their leaves and make them into motorcycles.

• Aion Team

Hello! :)

Soooo I checked and confirmed for @Hallo-DN that the maintenance yesterday is completely unrelated to Monday's temporary disable of SAS. We're investigating that issue, but it will take some time and I will 100% share when we have more details on SAS.

As others have indicated, we aren't able to share info on the cause of the SAS disable at this time. I know for some that is disappointing to hear, and I apologize. Please know the team is working hard to solve the issue.

@Phisdion-DN, I'll look into this and whether there's a good way to address your concern here.

Just got back from my 7 day vacation that was not related at all to the ban wave from NCSOFT.... but SAS should come back immediately.  Thats how people who weren't around for previous events farm stuff. Thats also how I farm exp I reset the instance every day 4 times just to get all the exp I can get.  Now I really don't have decent ways of farming exp =(

I thought SAS was the maybe the cause of KT's NPC bug issue.
I remember In the hours leading upto the 7.5 patch, the instance and it's NPC's were removed.

Since then, NPC's became bugged in the hours leading upto maintenance, progressively happening sooner and sooner each week.

They removed SAS mid last week and we didn't get NPC bugged until much much later on maint night, just before siege infact. They're probably testing to see if a whole week without SAS in-game fixes the NPC bug issue.

Either way, hopefully they can sort it out ncsoon, cos like others, I need my XP and im getting low on 20% potions!

Archived