Contaminated Underpath to be temporarily disabled

Arctic

9 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Look at the sheer number of monsters spawning per round in Contaminated Underpath!

Transfectant Crawler on 3rd round: 150 of these things spawn in total! Does these cause big server load? (and their appearance guarantees S grade)

You have a good point here, if the "amount of accounts" logging in is causing the problem then the server should be marked as "full" while we also know the server load is about 30% for KT server and almost half for DN, also when Aion was still alive we should be getting a bug every day if the amount of accounts logging caused this issue.

If luna instance itself causes any problem to this then it must be a mechanic inside luna instance itself in addition to the amount of people doing it (thus KT getting bugged while DN not). 

I am extremely curious to see what happens in two weeks from now when the week of no luna ends we we see if the server bugged or not.

Farming is a must now in Aion. Not only lunas, also Abyssal splinter, camps, renown, sieges, etc. Even with just one account you need many hours each day just to do repetitive things. You can avoid them, but you will lose a really important source of resources. 

On the other hand, that makes the game soooo boring. Just knowing you have to log in to farm for 2-4 hs in the same things you did yesterday and all the days in the last months sometimes makes me feel that maybe there is another thing to do. Maybe another game for a day or just some TV. 

Also, a lot of players decided to take even more advantage of this and farm them with many accounts. And There are some external software used to autofarm lunas and some other things. 

Now finally you see that the server have an issue related with this. 

My suggestion: 

multiply the rewards x7 and just make it 1 entry each week. Make it harder or create small variations in random way so boting dont work properly. I suggest to do the same with Abyssal splinter. There is no point in making us do it 12 times each day. (only in 1 account). I know it is supposed to take effort, but it is so repetitive. Finally i would like to see less renown discount each week for lower levels. I just need lvl 5 in inggiuson in my alts. Not 9, just 5. But that means every week i have to do 3-4 camps with each of them. Once is funny, but after a couple of months, no tso much. Still, without the time required each day for lunas and abyssal, i guess i wont mind if i have to do few camps. But the first 2 things, without bots can take 3-4 hours each day. 

And if you really want to avoid people farming with a lot of accounts, you can also add some kind of key item only obtainable by playing. 

I have exactly 1 toon.  I do quests for XP, including Luna instance, take a couple of hours max. Yes the repetition is boring.

I do the daily PvP instances, and Demaha altars. Can't do fort sieges because my PC crashes.

15 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

BTW. what's this weeks event called?  Luna Eclipse?

And I would like to know how all the people will get those items now. Lunas from instances are not something that everyboy can do. And if we think that a lot of people is doing 15+ runs every day with alts to get some kinah, then they wont be able to farm them. 

Why nobody thinks about the consecuences of every change? why nobody pay attention to the people who plays and knows better? They should change the retuning system and add back the ress stones before deleting our current way to get those resources. A lot of people asked for that for a long time. But nope. Their priority was to add something new (untested) deleting our saved event items. Kibbelz already made a list with the needs we have (and not only the players, Aion´s needs too). Where in that list they saw "delete items from events"? 

2 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

And I would like to know how all the people will get those items now. Lunas from instances are not something that everyboy can do. And if we think that a lot of people is doing 15+ runs every day with alts to get some kinah, then they wont be able to farm them. 

Why nobody thinks about the consecuences of every change? why nobody pay attention to the people who plays and knows better? They should change the retuning system and add back the ress stones before deleting our current way to get those resources. A lot of people asked for that for a long time. But nope. Their priority was to add something new (untested) deleting our saved event items. Kibbelz already made a list with the needs we have (and not only the players, Aion´s needs too). Where in that list they saw "delete items from events"? 

Exactly what has your rant got to do with a one week disablement of the Contaminate Underpath instance to help find a server bug?

1 minute ago, Ferk-DN said:

Exactly what has your rant got to do with a one week disablement of the Contaminate Underpath instance to help find a server bug?

nothing. 

My rant is about a poorly designed instance and the subsecuent changes that made that instance a need for most of the players to get some important resources encouraging (unintended) people to create an army of toons to farm that instance creating a bug. 

The bug must be solved, but still nobody is looking for the real causes of this. Players need lunas and kinah since aion 6.X. Now we have this issue and the solution is not simply disabling the instance for just a week. Maybe they can solve the issue in that week, but we still have the main issue about the need to repeat C. Underpath a lot of times to get the materials. And, we used to have the resources before. They just decided to change that. 

And I would like to say that was the start of the issues with Luna. But even when it was created it replaced the old way to get mounts (and that was hard but worked), even deceiving those players who got some unique mounts as special rewards. 

So. What I try to say is that we are having a mistake after another mistake and we never just fix it. 

21 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

I didn't suggest anything against the rules there and that was part of a big conversation of the whole thread.

If you see where this was a reply was to someone who was asking how to progress and that was a reply to someone saying that you have to pay to win. Making money ingame is impossible in any other way. I also told them I used alts for solvents because it was impossible to get solvents on your main at the amounts needed.

Making an account is not against the rules and doing luna afk is also not against them either. What is against the rules is using 3rd party programs which enable people to run a ton of accounts.

--> If luna causes the bug it is caused by people that have hundreds or thousands of accounts, not people who have 2~5 accounts for their needs. Not in a game with just 200 active people.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

But you can see there is a problem here, right?

It is not against the rules, but Can´t be intended to make people create 3 or 4 accounts to actively farm luna every day. But we should if we really want the kinah. 

Well, somebody created some 3rd party software to help people with that. And now some people can have 10+ accounts at once doing luna with bots. 

and to be honest I feel so stupid now. 8 years following the rules and not using cheats or multiaccount or even buying items outside the store. Now I would like to play but following the rules means I should use the first 2-4 hours each day to farm abyssal and luna. I dont have so much kinah or items. When I ask other people trey suggest me to multiaccount or to install bots to farm luna when I sleep. I even had a suggestion to just pay $5 for each advanced stigma instead of getting inggi renown at 5 every week with every toon in only one account. 

But now I am supposed to have an unfair advantage with my old snowballs and will be deleted. 

I dont see what they want to do. But I see 2 options. They will just fix the issue and after some time we will have something similar with Abyssal Splinter or even with higher numbers of luna runs. Or they will just close the instance so people will exploit something else until it crash too. Why is not easier to just see that all the system was poorly designed and go back in some things creating something totally new about luna? I dont think they are getting so much money from it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

But you can see there is a problem here, right?

It is not against the rules, but Can´t be intended to make people create 3 or 4 accounts to actively farm luna every day. But we should if we really want the kinah. 

Well, somebody created some 3rd party software to help people with that. And now some people can have 10+ accounts at once doing luna with bots. 

and to be honest I feel so stupid now. 8 years following the rules and not using cheats or multiaccount or even buying items outside the store. Now I would like to play but following the rules means I should use the first 2-4 hours each day to farm abyssal and luna. I dont have so much kinah or items. When I ask other people trey suggest me to multiaccount or to install bots to farm luna when I sleep. I even had a suggestion to just pay $5 for each advanced stigma instead of getting inggi renown at 5 every week with every toon in only one account. 

But now I am supposed to have an unfair advantage with my old snowballs and will be deleted. 

I dont see what they want to do. But I see 2 options. They will just fix the issue and after some time we will have something similar with Abyssal Splinter or even with higher numbers of luna runs. Or they will just close the instance so people will exploit something else until it crash too. Why is not easier to just see that all the system was poorly designed and go back in some things creating something totally new about luna? I dont think they are getting so much money from it anyway. 

Yes my comment was directed to thesecretcowlevel for quoting that old post about a new player that didn't know how to progress. The game also allows for drops to fall when you kill mobs... someone made a 3rd party to automatically farm mobs too, imagine if this caused a bug and someone quoted you for suggesting to farm mobs to progress.

Playing the game by the rules can never be wrong, because someone made a 3rd party to ease that part for other people who want to cheat. The whole game is cheatable and playable by hacks and cheats and scripts.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Good good. Before the 6.x   I used luna for saddles and skins. No kinah, but, I had 2 professions (it was a lot of work). This and some missions provided me with kinah. In 6.x everything changes. However I had the resource of aetherforging. Well, raise it to 300 (terrible job), but I was able to make my red pvp and pve gear, make and sell. A great income from kinah. But all that came to nothing now. Without professions and with a little useful aetherforging that I stay ??? make kinah with Luna (also transformation contracts). I'm not lucky with the RNG, so the only thing left for me is to make kinah and buy what I can. I would like to collect, manufacture and sell again but I guess it is no longer dependent on NCWest. If they take out the Kinah from Luna it would be catastrophic for many like me, but I agree that it partly damages the game because of a boots issue. I clarify that Luna I always do it with several alts and no AFK.

But is not that hard. they just dont want to do that work

- Restore the ress stones in the npcs. And let people use them inside instances (not sure who was so brilliant to block all resurrections inside many instances)

- 1 kinah retuning NPC all the time or work in that feature to make it easier all the time. That was an old thing that never worked so good. A very nasty idea from 6.0

- modify the luna retuning too to use kinah (not so much) or another useless item from the useless proffesion that we have now. Should be easier than 20 lunas. 

- Mobs and Bosses inside mid and endgame instances should drop kinah. Maybe even also in dredgion, if you win, and some quest hard to do with bots. 

- Change contaminated to 1 entry each week (no prestige bonus) and provide 7x current drops and 1 key every time. For the exp, can be replaced with the blue crystals (60-80 units) 

- modify the recipes in luna menu to be just old skins and other usefull things (but no kinah or luna). 

Is not so hard to see the mistakes when you are inside the game. But this people never played their own game. Even if they fix the bug without the need to delete Contaminated Underpath or modify the recipes, we still have the main issue about a lot of people farming that instance with 2 or more accounts every day to get extra kinah. And not only that one. Abyssal Splinter is on the same way. We dont have the same amount of runs cause it requires some gear. But one day somebody will create the bot for that. Our current economy and the absurd need of enchanment materials for so many things all related with RNG only works for people who wants to spend a lot of money on the store or just a bunch of dollars with ilegal software and multiaccounts. And guess wich one the players are choosing.  

But don´t do it for us! Who are we? Do it for yourselves!. This is your work and you get your salaries from Aion and the other games. Keep your bussiness alive. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:59 PM, MechEagIe-DN said:

blablabla everyday rage against aion community manager

to be honest, i'd prefer the bots than you, who spends the day being xenophobic with brazilians at LFG and has nothing useful/meaningful to add for the Aion community.
at least bots always helped to balance this dead game economy and make that kind of resource accessible. Without them, most of this would be extremely expensive or hard to get only by playing the game.

RZijyiH.gif

Edited by Lapis-DN

7 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

to be honest, i'd prefer the bots than you, who spends the day being xenophobic with brazilians at LFG and has nothing useful/meaningful to add for the Aion community.
at least bots always helped to balance this dead game economy and make that kind of resource accessible. Without them, most of this would be extremely expensive or hard to get only by playing the game.

@Lapis-DN

You do realise now they gona make sure people cant buy kinah anymore from people who kill the game you say you love  
All the money p2w players spend buying kinah will go in pocket of ncsoft right ?
The game you playing everyday , what you think happening when you pay someone ?
Yeah you get something in return .... 

Forcing people who want to get kinah to buy BCM items and over flow the broker of item we all need !
Forcing people to undercut each other , creating an overflow of items you will like buy who are over price right now! 
AKA : prestige pack , returning stone , pet , housing stuff etc .... 
All stuff that BR cant buy from the BCM cause its in US money who now gona be cheaper in kinah for EVERYONE to buy  ...

Do you even think before open ur mouth ?

giphy.gif?cid=549b592d4da22844f561b78ea1 

So

Can't have meaningful pve activity in open world because mobs have shit loots because of botting so drops are nerfed and you need to do instances.

The npcs in the 1st come 1st serve event are for the most part dominated by players using a hack program.

Luna instance being disabled because same players with hack program are running dozens accounts at same time fully automated leading to server instability.

Waiting  for the day NcSoft  will stop beating around the bush and call out the issue by name even and not just look for ways around to appease the players hacking because while also try not to upset the playerbase that are aren't.  If you won't police your game maybe it is time to admit defeat and move on.

Edited by Euphoria-DN

15 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

RZijyiH.gif

U saying NC must let bots alone or improve the infrastructure to allow more and more bots in game?

Sorry, sir.. ure 100% wrong.

Bots are a cancer on this game, and its because of them new players cant afford prestige pass by the broker, for example. We have people with 60 bi kinnah on their accounts, while in other side people are siting with 100m. Bots MUST be eliminated completetly from the game. BUT, the actual game situtation isnt only bots fault.

NC have have 50% of the guilty here.. there is hundreds of ways to improve the game economy and turn the gameplay into a healty environment. U wanna hear a simple way to make more kinnah around? Well... make kinnah bundle dropable on the final prizes at each dungeon (that ones with the daeva mark). Or what about put ACTUAL interesting itens into the BCM? Where the hell are the skins? And what about that broker fee? Thats ultrageous for any new player or players that dont have bilions and bilions into their accounts.

45 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

U saying NC must let bots alone or improve the infrastructure to allow more and more bots in game?

Sorry, sir.. ure 100% wrong.

Bots are a cancer on this game, and its because of them new players cant afford prestige pass by the broker, for example. We have people with 60 bi kinnah on their accounts, while in other side people are siting with 100m. Bots MUST be eliminated completetly from the game. BUT, the actual game situtation isnt only bots fault.

NC have have 50% of the guilty here.. there is hundreds of ways to improve the game economy and turn the gameplay into a healty environment. U wanna hear a simple way to make more kinnah around? Well... make kinnah bundle dropable on the final prizes at each dungeon (that ones with the daeva mark). Or what about put ACTUAL interesting itens into the BCM? Where the hell are the skins? And what about that broker fee? Thats ultrageous for any new player or players that dont have bilions and bilions into their accounts.

F2P is what caused the rise of bots. If it costs zero to open as many game accounts as you want,  then people are going to abuse it.

Back in 2009 Aion use to cost real money to play. I forget how much I paid, something like $10US per month.  Back then you could transfer the kinah from bots quite freely between players.   

Who cares if some accounts have 60bill kinah, it's not like it's circulating inflating prices making it hard for other players. I use to play on the EK server, and the amount of kinah in circulation was a tiny fraction of that on KT or DN, no idea how much people had stashed away doing nothing. The prices on the broker were way less than that on KT or DN. The point being is that the economy adapts itself to how much currency is actually in circulation, not how much is being hoarded.

Edited by Ferk-DN

35 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

F2P is what caused the rise of bots. If it costs zero to open as many game accounts as you want,  then people are going to abuse it.

Back in 2009 Aion use to cost real money to play. I forget how much I paid, something like $10US per month.  Back then you could transfer the kinah from bots quite freely between players.   

Who cares if some accounts have 60bill kinah, it's not like it's circulating inflating prices making it hard for other players. I use to play on the EK server, and the amount of kinah in circulation was a tiny fraction of that on KT or DN, no idea how much people had stashed away doing nothing. The prices on the broker were way less than that on KT or DN. The point being is that the economy adapts itself to how much currency is actually in circulation, not how much is being hoarded.

Inflation is the self regulatiof of generated kinah. It is a good thing for people to have kinah when they are those who make it themselves so they can afford to do their needs (especially when retuning one piece can cost you up to 250m)

The problem is in the game design currently, if everyone could make everything for end game (like we did in 6.5) then the amount of kinah wouldn't make you a god, but would only help you reach end game faster. Of course gearing faster is a good thing because you can get many sets for each occasion but that is another topic.

On the other hand 7.x is designed on exclusive things, especially things that drop from world bosses or massive events, or things that are practically impossible to make just by playing one character. For example if everyone could make their dazzling gemstones securely (no matter how slow it would be) for their class and select the skill they wanted, then nobody would have a problem with a dazzling costing 5B on the broker, you either buy one or you make one. But there is no way to make those and if there is, it is pure randomness on the outcome so you might never be able to get one for your class or get one for your class but the wrong skill in it, this creates a market for them that exclusively has them and this is where currency becomes powerful because it is what can buy you the exclusive things.

Kinah itself is never the problem, because I wish everyone would walk around with 10B, this way retuning your gear, buying potions, scrolls, XP extractors etc, would have been an easy thing. But when kinah has the power to buy you powerful exclusive items, then it is where the game fails in every possible way. It gives botters a more powerful role and those that get the kinah get to have the good items.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

10 hours ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Bots are a cancer on this game.

Yea but bots are like skin cancer if detected early can be removed with very little risk. While events on the other hand is like liver cancer that will ruin the game for life. Chances are by the time the company realizes it is to late to turn down the events they can not because the spread of free stuff makes the player base lazy.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT