Contaminated Underpath to be temporarily disabled

Arctic

• Aion Team

Contaminated Underpath will be disabled for a period of 1 week, from 1/13 until 1/20.

For the past several months, the team has been hard at work investigating the general instability on Katalam, which has frequently caused NPCs to lock-up and prompted us to restart the servers outside of maintenance on a weekly basis.

At this time, we believe we may have identified a cause behind the issue: the extreme usage of the Luna instance Contaminated Underpath. In order to investigate this further, we must temporarily deactivate the instance for a period of one week, from 1/13 until 1/20.

We are aware of the impact this will have on Daevas’ experience and Luna materials, so we will be adding the following:

• Existing Luna drops in end-game instances will be increased to 5x the current amount for 1 week, from 1/13 until 1/20.
  • A +200% XP boost (3x normal XP) will be applied for 1 week, from 1/13 until 1/20. We recently shifted our plans from a single, larger short-term boost, and will now soon roll-out the following:
    • Starting this January 23rd and continuing for the indeterminate future, double XP/AP weekends are coming to Aion! From 00:00 on Fridays until 23:59 on Sundays (server time), players will earn double XP and AP.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. If this test yields positive results, we will implement some changes to the instance with the goal of reducing its overall usage and impact to service stability.

If KT server doesn't bug that week it would be an indication that this caused the problem. Check why DN never got the bug, it could be there are more KT bots obviously.

If it indeed causes this what are the changes to fight this? I suggest you make it impossible for more than 2 accounts to enter from one IP in luna at the same time. If a family plays from home and they are more than 2 they can sure do their entries at a different time. There are people who have 1000 accounts and run them simultaneously apparently. I wouldn't be suspicious on people doing luna even if you see up to ten accounts because these can be doable by actual people and there has to be a pillow of safety so as not to ban legit players. If you see 100 or more accounts from one IP that is a dead giveaway.

Edited by Summonela-KT

The thing is luna itself will have to be brought back since it is the only way we make luna currency to retune and re-enter instances. They just have to do something about the massive botters doing it.

If they remove the kinah recipe it will be useless to kinah farmers but they will also damage everyone else too. They have to be careful on how to handle this.

The probable fix for the luna botting is making it when it first came out, where you can't get S rank from afking the instance. Since you need S rank to get the luna light which is required for all crafts.

7 minutes ago, Ide said:

The probable fix for the luna botting is making it when it first came out, where you can't get S rank from afking the instance. Since you need S rank to get the luna light which is required for all crafts.

This will make it harder but I assume they can even attack by themselves. Another thing they can do is change the recipes like EU did, they doubled the amount of luna required to craft (back to what we also had it in 6.x if you remember they halved the recipes at 6.7 I think). This will also make most botters unable to make a profit and leave luna alone

8 minutes ago, Ide said:

La solución probable para el botting de luna es hacerlo cuando salió por primera vez, donde no se puede obtener el rango S por alterar la instancia. Dado que necesita el rango S para obtener la luz de luna que se requiere para todas las embarcaciones.

It seems logical, but not my friend.

"Vanilla" does cubics instance rank S, luna rank S, and a lot of things .. very automated and massively. I have heard of people who use it in up to 15 simultaneous accounts (depends on your pc) while they sleep. Tell me where you have seen hacking software with support and community included. without NCwest lifting a finger to stop it, disappointed in NCWest: c

18 minutes ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

@Kibbelz @Loki

uXIsN7F.png

To anyone belive that luna only about kinah craft bundle i got surprise for you , people who bots luna instance they prefer do luna mats for after gamble in the arcade game of luna to sell enchant stone that where they kinah come from !
9veA1Jj.png

PHnTZxo.png

Vp27jqz.png

They can make all of those rewards account bound then. Case solved.

8 minutes ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

Can we at least get that week's worth of Luna mats + tissue samples in a survey? I don't think anyone would mind it at all in that case. It would save us time and you get to investigate. That, to me, sounds like a fair handshake. @Kibbelz

They most likely won't do that, and even if they did it would have been for 1 char per account worth of materials, not 12x.

Lets hope they come with a good solution and not hurt us all over because the hordes of bots doing it.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They most likely won't do that, and even if they did it would have been for 1 char per account worth of materials, not 12x.

Lets hope they come with a good solution and not screw us all over because the hordes of bots doing it.

I agree with you, this sounds like the most likely  path they would take to compensate us. Giving us 5x luna drops doesnt seem like a good way to do this for this week for several reasons. For starters the luna mats dont always drop after every boss kill and second ( at least for me) its rare that those bundles give a light or flawless crystal.

4 minutes ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

I agree with you, this sounds like the most likely  path they would take to compensate us. Giving us 5x luna drops doesnt seem like a good way to do this for this week for several reasons. For starters the luna mats dont always drop after every boss kill and second ( at least for me) its rare that those bundles give a light or flawless crystal.

And also lets admit losing one week of luna isn't the end of the world, we should be more concerned about the outcome of all of this and the permanent solution they will implement.

So lets focus on giving suggestions on how they can battle the problem without hurting the actual players too much.

You cannot speak for everyone by saying it really wont effect us much. I have an entire weekly routine with farming mats based on the day of the week while also doing luna reset for both MV and SaS . Rather than buy essence on the broker i farm my frags. Not everyone farms luna for kinah, So yes a week worth of luna mats makes a big difference. While I am concerned about what will happen in the long term i also dont like my play style interrupted.

16 minutes ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

You cannot speak for everyone by saying it really wont effect us much. I have an entire weekly routine with farming mats based on the day of the week while also doing luna reset for both MV and SaS . Rather than buy essence on the broker i farm my frags. Not everyone farms luna for kinah, So yes a week worth of luna mats makes a big difference. While I am concerned about what will happen in the long term i also dont like my play style interrupted.

On the other hand everyone else loves having their game play interrupted so yeah we are all bad.

Man it is closed for us too, we also run it for luna on our mains and we also do it for extra runs on abyssal splinter and other instances.

I also didn't like it when we had 2 months without Abyssal Splinter during summer, but there was little to nothing we could do about it. That is one week and after that one week I am more than sure a nerf will come.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

34 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

The bug looks like a memory leak, or some other buffer overflow. Obviously KT being a busy server brings it on sooner.

This is exactly what I have been saying for so long, DN never got it because they never had too many players doing things to create the overflow.

We got the bug earlier when we had more people doing things, lately we started getting the problem on Monday or even Tuesday since there is not much to do now and I see we usually have less and less people active.

Even popping animal farm takes time.

1 hour ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Its known that kinnah bundle is the source of 90% of the incoming kinnah from bots.. removing it from luna should not put a end to bots, but gonna decrease it drastically.

Exactly, they should focus on that specific thing and leave the rest of luna intact.

Will Danaria pay for the rubbish players that Katalam has? Bug abusers, hack and etc?

Instead of 400% xp buf, in the 1200-1500 Lunas for this lost week, as we use Luna for Reset and retuning.

but I also find it funny to show prints of Luna's items, but love to buy Kinah from people who farm like that, right Mech? joke.

Without luna it will kill many things in the game, like stigmas enchants and daev skill, new players will never get +15 skills without our friends from Luna. the fact that one depends on the other.

1 hour ago, Hallo-DN said:

So because of bots, rest of us who dont use shady practices to  play game have to suffer? When will you guys finally stop pretending that certain V. tool doesn't exists? There is proof....

2 hours ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

Will Danaria pay for the rubbish players that Katalam has? Bug abusers, hack and etc?

Instead of 400% xp buf, in the 1200-1500 Lunas for this lost week, as we use Luna for Reset and retuning.

but I also find it funny to show prints of Luna's items, but love to buy Kinah from people who farm like that, right Mech? joke.

Without luna it will kill many things in the game, like stigmas enchants and daev skill, new players will never get +15 skills without our friends from Luna. the fact that one depends on the other.

Your server is simply less populated and thus it never reaches the memory overflow, did you just pretended your side doesn't have bots because you never got the bug? If luna is what causes the problem that is because KT server has more people and thus more alts accounts and bots. Having less luna botters doesn't make your server legit in any way.

The actual benefit for the KT bug was DN players that had a fully functional server and cashed double entries while KT was bugged for half a day or more.

I hope they find the reason KT server bugs and fix it. I know DN people will find a way to accuse KT players for not being able to get double entries for no reason after the fix.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT