Aion Classic: Siege Schedule

Arctic

On 6/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, 1s6F174 said:

terrible time choices. what about  users outside of UTC-EDT ?(the other ~80% of the globe)

AEST aus : 8am-3pm

NZ:6am -1pm.

my 9-5 workmates wont be playing cause IRL comes first.

last time an oceanic server was created to solve this issue can you  do something for this region?

why only 7 hours in a global game ?
make the vulnerability rotating +1 hour for next  vulnerability,  So  every 24 times the cycle completes, everyone gets fair access to sieges regardless of location.

Why would a NA company, with NA servers, targeted towards the NA playerbase and NA employees accommodate non NA players?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 2s205613 said:

Why would a NA company, with NA servers, targeted towards the NA playerbase and NA employees accommodate non NA players?

Because Australia and New Zealand never get a server for their location, therefore being forced into playing NA.

23 hours ago, 2s205613 said:

Australia is part of the NCsoft West area of responsibility. When Aion came out in 2009 we did have our own timezone server called Nezekan which ran for a couple of years until they blew it and opened server transfer, which skattered too many players to keep it viable.

23 hours ago, 2s205613 said:

Because throwing away entire contintents is in the best interest of a company? How is this even a question lmao. 

Guest Aioncandy

Please add more siege times to not lose players, with a good rotation you can please everyone!!! 

Server time   mo             we            fr       

16. 00           western   sulfur    estern

18.00.           Krotan.    Miren.     Kysis

20.00             estern      western   sulfur

22.00.             Kysis       krotan      myren

For weekend is better:

Server time              sa                         su

16.00                    lower

17.00                                                  upper in

18.00                     upper out

I think that making all the time slots of NA players happy and also a lot of EU players

Guest Pewpew
8 hours ago, Alvie said:

Australia is part of the NCsoft West area of responsibility. When Aion came out in 2009 we did have our own timezone server called Nezekan which ran for a couple of years until they blew it and opened server transfer, which skattered too many players to keep it viable.

No, Nezekan had too few players to support. NC offered free transfers to all  affected players.

Australia is no more part of NC West in that sense than South America  would be considered

Guest Holdem

I am utc +1, Central Europe. This timeline means I wont be able to attend any sieges at all, since it happens mostly around 3 am even later... Give people from Europe a chance to participate as well :(

On 6/29/2021 at 3:50 AM, Rastekkel said:

Because throwing away entire contintents is in the best interest of a company? How is this even a question lmao. 

Again, why would an NA company change for an audience that isn't their target? 

On 6/29/2021 at 3:27 AM, Alvie said:

Australia is part of the NCsoft West area of responsibility. 

No it's not

NA means North America and last time I checked, Australia isn't part of North America. Just because a region doesn't have something doesn't mean it's automatically is the responsibility of the NA region. It means you deal with NA times or play something else. 

It's funny cause these same people would never go to a Korean server (or any other region) and demand they cater to them. NA does not automatically = global even if they allow other people (just like KR,JP, and EU servers will) to log in. Unless it says "global" don't assume other wise.

Guest Holdem
24 minutes ago, 2s205613 said:

No it's not

NA means North America and last time I checked, Australia isn't part of North America. Just because a region doesn't have something doesn't mean it's automatically is the responsibility of the NA region. It means you deal with NA times or play something else. 

It's funny cause these same people would never go to a Korean server (or any other region) and demand they cater to them. NA does not automatically = global even if they allow other people (just like KR,JP, and EU servers will) to log in. Unless it says "global" don't assume other wise.

For the money ofc. I already bought founders pack and i intend to remain a sub of this game for a while. I wont stay if i cant play siege at all. Right now theres no EU server for classic, most of the EU is English speaking player base. Its a simple business calculation, if they wish to have people from EU, which they should, then they must at least give us some chance to join sieges.

Guest Joker
On 29/6/2021 at 13:28, Guest Aioncandy said:

Per favore aggiungi più tempi di assedio per non perdere giocatori, con una buona rotazione puoi accontentare tutti!!! 

Server time mo we fr       

16. 00 occidentale sulfurea ester

18.00. Crotano. Miren. Kysis

20.00 ester western sulfur

22.00. Kysis krotan myren

Per il fine settimana è meglio:

Ora del server sa su

16.00 inferiore

17.00 superiore in

18.00 in alto fuori

Penso che rendere felici tutte le fasce orarie dei giocatori di NA e anche molti giocatori dell'UE

+1. This program would be great for all time zones!

On 6/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, 2s205613 said:

No it's not

NCSoft west doesn't mean NA(North America). It's not named NCsoft NA or NCSoft North America. It's NC Soft for the western countries.

Guest Kispilka

Im from Eu. Siege times are terrible for us.

Im out already. I will check sometimes how changes is going.

If you dont need us, keep this game for yourself with all paying methods. Pay a lot for Daevapasses and every epic item what they will add in the future.

Have fun people!

Guest Holdem

Having a subscription based game is fine by me, i chose how to spend my money and if i think something is worth it i will pay it. The problem arrives when i lack the information to decide if something is worthy to be paid. Such information should be provided by the seller of the product. Communication with your customers is key to success.

Aion is a good game and i would like to play it. Someone should let us from EU know if siege times are really going to stay like this for some time. If so then theres no point for most of us from the EU to play this game, since sieges are an important part of the game content. 

Since these are NA focused servers, then i do agree that siege times should focus their region, but EU players make up a lot of the current population. This means if you want EU players to remain, you will have to give us a server of our own, or make it  possible for us to join at least one or two sieges per week.

Someone should really let us know if your planing on adjusting these times or adding a new server, a lot of EU players will leave before you do something, right information can keep them here while you work on a solution.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, 2s205613 said:

Since when customers who pay same price are not a target audience of the business? You sound ridiculous

On 6/30/2021 at 2:54 AM, Guest Pewpew said:

No, Nezekan had too few players to support. NC offered free transfers to all  affected players.

Australia is no more part of NC West in that sense than South America  would be considered

Happy to take our money tho.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:54 PM, Guest Odow said:

Seriously siege hour need to change, even for east coast it's crazy, I'm too old to RvR at freaking 11PM

Yes I completely agree. The siege times are shit for anyone that doesn't live West Coast US. I live East Coast and many sieges are just too late.

On 6/28/2021 at 4:51 AM, 2s205613 said:

'cause right now they are only accommodating west coast, not even the entire NA population, siege at 11PM is way too late. And those hour will follow for dredgion making a huge unbalanced toward west coast player who will be able to attend to everything.

Random question but how do you get medals at sieges? The last 3 I attended my faction either successfully took or defended a fort from either opposite faction or balaur. I actively participated and was in range to get AP during the siege from killing an opposite faction or balaur but I'm still not getting medals in the mail. If anyone can shine some light on this, that would be great. Thanks.

As you guys are looking at catering for more than just one time zone on a server, which is perfectly fine by the way, I think it would be a good idea to have a regular rotation of opportunities during the day for sieges to happen. It would be a lot more interesting and allow more of a chance for everyone playing, regardless of time zone to participate in capturing fortresses.

Archived