Evergale sabotage

Kubei-DN

I’m calling it sabotage because it’s what it is. Few months ago we had a similar issue with the Pocos keeping the coalition lead, kicking people and just afking sieges, giving the opposite faction a clear win. 

Now we’re facing with similar issue just this time it’s evergale. I don’t even do evergale that often except for weekends, but the amount of afk is mind blowing, and I know for a fact most of the “Elyos” characters are actually Asmodian alts. So, what do we call this? Sabotage. 

Afking has been already an issue for a long time, but an instance such as evergale gives mats necessary to purify your 75 ap gear and it’s not possible to even win it on Elyos side. Not to mention the mass DC you can get too, which usually ends up in some send logs.

Possible fix would be to either put a time limit for afking and give auto kick within 2 minutes, or maybe even disable dual clienting during evergale. Either way, don’t give mats to PvP instance where the whole basis of it is to afk.

I don't even do EC, and that sounds terrible to me. Until (if) we get a solution from the devs to resolve this issue, the only thing you can do as a player is to form your own alliances. Gather your friends and legion mates, and if you absolutely have to, allow a few slots for quick entry. I think if enough people on the server are bothered about this, even the solitary players will eventually band together to form their own ECs. 

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I’m calling it sabotage because it’s what it is. Few months ago we had a similar issue with the Pocos keeping the coalition lead, kicking people and just afking sieges, giving the opposite faction a clear win. 

Now we’re facing with similar issue just this time it’s evergale. I don’t even do evergale that often except for weekends, but the amount of afk is mind blowing, and I know for a fact most of the “Elyos” characters are actually Asmodian alts. So, what do we call this? Sabotage. 

Afking has been already an issue for a long time, but an instance such as evergale gives mats necessary to purify your 75 ap gear and it’s not possible to even win it on Elyos side. Not to mention the mass DC you can get too, which usually ends up in some send logs.

Possible fix would be to either put a time limit for afking and give auto kick within 2 minutes, or maybe even disable dual clienting during evergale. Either way, don’t give mats to PvP instance where the whole basis of it is to afk.

Even 2mins will make a big gap in points, and new players looking on score would be think, "meh another match with losers, alright gonna afk". Afkers should got time limited block for next EC runs, 3-7days of block will be fine.

The options could be many:

- modify it to be a 24 vs 24 instance. So making an alliance before entering could be a good way to avoid people afk in your team. 
- giving only 24 slots for people with the quick entry option and using the remaining space for 3 premade alliances. 
- giving a penalization time to the people who afk. Currently we are penalized with 10 or 15 mins if we leave. But nothing if we stay there doing nothing. Maybe 30 mins penalization to enter again in EC if the game detects that you did nothing, could help. 

John. probably you saw that is harder for asmodians to find an enemy team on the siege time. Most of the elyos do not go to EC if there is a siege available. Elyos think is better to get more GP from a siege than going to EC. (I still do not get it). 

Not sure if is a sabotage. Or at least is not the only reasson. A lot of elyos, who only play on that side, do EC in AFK mode to do more runs, and get easy GP. I see a lot of names that I know between the AFK people on my runs. 

1 hour ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

I know for sure Asmo have a harder time to queue up for evergale with long queues times while Elyos seem to get in within a minute. Clearly this means theres too much asmo and not enough elyos, I wonder why?

Because not afkers leave EC often instead of w8ing for lose, as result more free space.

6 hours ago, Lenalyn-DN said:

the only thing you can do as a player is to form your own alliances. Gather your friends and legion mates, and if you absolutely have to, allow a few slots for quick entry.

Even during the few times where I've seen 1-2 alliances with geared people + leadership on the Elyos side it was impossible to go beyond 1.5k pts. EC in its present state just serves a foil for Asmodian characters to max out their Grey Wolf accs within a week, and then receive a free box per day.

Solutions? I'd start by limiting the maximum size of the instance to 24p, as well as implementing an auto-kick function that removes players who haven't moved for over a minute. I'd also give kicked players a debuff that will prevent them from re-queuing for 5 minutes.

To avoid people logging on alts it could also be an idea to implement a mechanism that will gradually generate bonus points for the team with less people (if the difference is like 5 or more players), to give them somewhat of a motivation to try getting back into the match or at least ensure they stick around.

Goodness. 

First, comparing afkers in Evergale to what the Pocos did to DN E is just insulting. Yikes.

Sure. Afkers in Evergale are a problem. And, unlike every other PvP instances, there is no way around them. You cam make a pre-made, non-afk alliance and still be plagued with 72 afkers.

I think that blaming the other side for your afkers is stretching it. I see a ton of people afking their own alts on their own side just trying to get more stigmas for enchanting or selling. It's a good way to make kinah. I'm not saying that people don't afk alts in the other faction, but it isn't any more likely than afking an alt in their own faction.

We've been over this several times on the forums. Here. Here. Here. And I am sure I am missing more.

You aren't going to get NCWest to start banning akfers in Evergale any more than you are going to get them to start banning afkers in quick queues or in sieges. Korea isn't going to add a kick function because it is way to easy to abuse. Evergale is a poorly thought out instance that we only care about now because it gives us the material we need to upgrade.

7 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Goodness. 

First, comparing afkers in Evergale to what the Pocos did to DN E is just insulting. Yikes.

Sure. Afkers in Evergale are a problem. And, unlike every other PvP instances, there is no way around them. You cam make a pre-made, non-afk alliance and still be plagued with 72 afkers.

I think that blaming the other side for your afkers is stretching it. I see a ton of people afking their own alts on their own side just trying to get more stigmas for enchanting or selling. It's a good way to make kinah. I'm not saying that people don't afk alts in the other faction, but it isn't any more likely than afking an alt in their own faction.

We've been over this several times on the forums. Here. Here. Here. And I am sure I am missing more.

You aren't going to get NCWest to start banning akfers in Evergale any more than you are going to get them to start banning afkers in quick queues or in sieges. Korea isn't going to add a kick function because it is way to easy to abuse. Evergale is a poorly thought out instance that we only care about now because it gives us the material we need to upgrade.

Yeah so why not revert it back to 5.6 where it gives one of the fragments no matter what....

5 hours ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

I know for sure Asmo have a harder time to queue up for evergale with long queues times while Elyos seem to get in within a minute. Clearly this means theres too much asmo and not enough elyos, I wonder why?

Win rate on asmos side is way higher than elyos.. why even bring up queue time... lol

5 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

*snip*

Win rate on asmos side is way higher than elyos.. why even bring up queue time... lol

That's funny. Because from an Asmodian prospective, Elyos win rate is much higher. (Not sure why you added it, but guess I should, too.) lol.

@Ele-DN.. do you mean do I take screenshots of all my losses? Umm. No. Please tell me you don't, because that's just sad. 

Trying to get you to step out of your racial qq's and realize that afks happen on both sides and cause as many losses for one as it does the other. But maybe asking for calm, rational thinking is too much to ask.

Samples are on the forums based on who posting what... who asked for screenshots? 

Just now, Vantheria-DN said:

Asmo here. 4 Evergales last night. All losses, not even 4k points.

Yes, Asmos lose too, Ele......

Win rate? Won one game that i quick queued in (paired with a winning premade) and lost like 7-8?

I never said asmos never lose, they have a way higher chances of winning. (average population) if they're not paired with 2 premade alliances.

The point, @Ele-DN, is that the problem is not unique to Elyos. Asmos have the very same problems. As many Elyos afk their Asmo alts as Asmos afk their Elyos alts. And both sides afk an alt right alongside their main in the same faction to try and get twice the stigmas. Asmos lose because of too many afks at the same rate as elyos lose because too many afks.

It's not a racial issue and you trying to make it so is just silly. Stop. You destroy our case to try and get a solution by bringing race into it. So try and be -calm- and -rational- instead of crying about the evil Asmos destroying all of your fun.

Instead of blaming people (or the other faction) for our problems or situations, we should be demanind NC a solution to this problem. After the metal breakdown i had a few weeks ago for not reaching the 4k points, I started looking for ways to avoid afkers as much as posible, and i realized that a lot o people dont get in a league with @Momo-KT or @Mochigirl-DN or @KnightZM-KT, they will just go afk, so i try to go to their leagues, and if im not in of theirs, i just leave.

It is a game issue, that's why they have rules and they adjust to player behavior. Humans will always seek the most efficient path and its up to the developer to curtail player behavior. Think about MTG, POE, Star Craft, CIV, Source engine games and other well managed games, they are constantly adjusting their rules and actively enforce them. Something to remember is that Korea plays this game mostly at PC centers where afking costs them money and is impractical.  In the west we play at home so afking costs us nothing and we can easily multi-box. NCSOFT ins't writing rules that takes into account two different cultures, it is a one-size fits all implementation and it fails miserably.

Finally, during the 3 mass DCs yesterday, people confirmed that it was both side because their elyos alt disconnected. So yes people have multiple accounts.

Archived