Aetherforging

Lad-DN

18 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

But they want cap right now, Bryos. If you want it fast, you're going to pay.

Remember when the old professions took lots of time and money to level, and even more mats to try to proc your 399 item with, assuming you got lucky enough to get your recipe quickly because you couldn't just buy it from an NPC and there was no guaranteed proc? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

That event would be cool, though.

But the price for proc the recipe were nowhere near the prices we have to pay just for the NPC materials we need. Forget about the prices of the dropped items ,that has to do with the economy of the server and the fact they removed armo/weapon mythic drops from world monsters so the enchant extraction items are much more expensive now, BUT the items you need to buy from the AF NPC, they are expensive themselves.

Aetherforging is better to use if you have it at 300 only as an ability. The materials to craft anything are insane, because they are not gatherables, but rather drops from monsters or hard instances. Even for potions or scrolls, better do them with alchemy super fast and super cheap than to bother with AF

~~~

The game had such an amazing farming method, the essencetapping, aethertapping, morphing and crafting, what an amazing inclusion in the game. Now they dumb-ify the game by removing things that worked so fine and people liked them.

If AF is going to be such a difficult and expensive hobby, then it better give you something that is too awesome and exclusive so they give you a reason to have it.

Everything has scaled though. It's still cheaper with aetherforging in our inflated kinah economy vs what it cost back in the day when having 12mil meant you bought/bot kinah or got super lucky and got the cleric purification stigma drop.

And until you drop thousand of mats and days of morphing and gathering trying to craft an eternal greatsword only to not get one, aetherforging looks really good and cheap really fast.

Oh and gathering fluxes used to be RNG farming for days while dealing with griefers or big kinah on the broker. And then fluxes were superhighly priced or unavailable on the later vendor. And then I never saw them add a way for me to turn my big fluxes into little ones after the carfting changes in 4.X.

There is nothing romantic about old crafting. I did it. All of it. And it all sucked.

I also mastered all the old professions (except furniture). But I really found them so much better than AF.  (of course I am talking before 4.0)

Yes, you are probably right about prices. We remember small numbers but kinah was harder to get. Wasn´t cheap to run hard instances and as a cleric a lot of times I thought some instances did not pay me the cost of potions+food used there. 

But we needed those items and the only way to get them was from people crafting them. So few quest gave some of those items and the NPCs only sold the ones with 1 min of cooldown and not even the best ones of those. So we had to buy potions and scrolls after some days playing. But that gave a pourpose to the professions. Gathering materials was a good way to get some extra kinah even when required some time. Crafting potions and scrolls provided an steady source of kinah too. 

I also remember how was to deal with the proc rates. Crafting gear most of the times ended with a lot of resources and just some low quality items and none of the best and desired one. But even in those situations those low quality items had an utility and we were able to sell them and recover the kinah from materials. And in some way the difficulty on those crafts were balanced with similar gear obtained from instances. Obtaining a Kahrun´s breastplate required some days farming kahruns, A Tiamat´s breastplate required some runs in TS, and crafting the drenium eternal breastplate also required some days gathering and trying. The effort wasn´t so different. 

But now:

You can craft some potions and scrolls, but the price for recovery potions in NPC is really low and you really need to think if you want to pay 20-30 times that price for a potion slightly better (taking into consideration that I found much easier now to manage our mana in most of the classes). If you try to craft them you will find that the materials are much higher than the price for the potions in the broker. So crafting them is a waste of money and time. We get a lot of potions, scrolls, food from the highest quality fron quest, instances and other sources. Our current HP is the double of what we had on 3.7, but the new potions are not giving the double of hp or mp, so are not so much better than the old ones. Materials for those crafts can not be gathered. We need to farm them killing mobs. That makes the rates and required times totally random and so hard to calculate the effort. Was easier when we knew how many materials we could get gathering in some place. (and for the old professions most of the materials from mobs were provided by bots). 

About crafting gear. Well, yes, it is so much easier now to craft the best greatsword in the list. But, is not worth. It is not cheap. Check the prices for the materials in the broker and you will find that is way more expensive than just geting a harvester weapon box. The new gear also have the proc thing. You have the eternal basic result and if you are lucky you will proc in the purple one. (or at least that is what I read from the description). I only saw 2 of those new weapons crafted. The crafter is somebody that usually tries every possible bussiness in the game. Prob he had to sell them as skins. 

And about wanting everything in just one day and for free... Well just like you I leveled up the old ones. I totally know how much time they required. Tailoring, Armor and Weaponcrafting required the balaur recipes for the last stage. Those materials were really expensive. I also needed so many attemps in cooking to get the tasty foods. I gathered the materials so was a lot of time collecting them. I started with those at low level, so I know how it is to reach the lvl X99 and not having the kinah to start the next stage and have to collect it for like a week (prob not so many players had that). The old professions were way harder than AF. But we saw them as an investment. We knew how much time and kinah required but we got more kinah later from them. From the hundreds of scrolls and recovery potions crafted semi afk in alchemy, to the expensive drenite and fine leather skin, we were able to see them as a bussiness. But now the only reasson to level up AF is to have it there in 6.0. It is pretty useless now. So of course a lot of us take it as money and time used. 

lol... 500% crafting charms were selling for 10m ea from the previous events. If you were smart enough you should've stocked up on those, i literally have hundreds. Also the main ingredient throughout 1-300 are spirit stones, which u can buy 100 ea from the npc up in abyss when landing is level 5? 12m per bundle i think and you can buy a bundle for each alt lv 66+. Honestly just always do your research on what you would need for upcoming patches and always (i cannot say this enough) take advantage on events. Information you need are all available through the internet (Might have to look hard for some). Also i really don't think aetherforging is going to be REALLY good in 6.0 since you can get good gear by doing pvpve anyways. Plus you have to grind for those ingredients in 6.0 so just might as well use your money on your master harvester/ commander gear so you can trade em in for somewhat equal 6.0 gear

<------ 1st NA to level Aetherforging to 300P+!!

My advice... Don't bother, I spent over 400Bil+ just doing so. Sure its cheaper now to level it. But I offer free services to KA-E, just give me the materials and ill craft it, For free!

GG.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the snake event npc that gives 100% crafting boost can this stack with the 500% charm? 

If so, which do I need to consume first? 

Buffs not stacking is a thing here in Aion so don’t want to waste my charms thanks

• 1 month later...
On 2018-03-25 at 6:25 AM, DavidMGS-DN said:

1-10p: Spirit Stone of Eternity Stamina
10-30p: Processed Ordine Paper
30-50p: Any processed scrolls (material scrolls or consumable scrolls)

------
150-170p: Processed scrolls
170-190p: Pet-safe Ribs Ingredient

First, thanks a lot for this guide. 

I am currently preparing for next Crafting boost weekend in 3 weeks, and trying to get all materials needed. Can someone tell me APPROXIMATELY how many crafts it takes FOR EXAMPLE, how many 10-30p: Processed Ordine Paper would it take to get from lvl 10 to 30, or let's say 170-190p: Pet-safe Ribs Ingredient how many those ingredients i have to make from 170 to get to 190? thanks in advance. Don't want to overkill it. Planning to use 500% charm during rotating craft weekend

On 16/4/2018 at 3:11 AM, Azzmaria-KT said:

and you totally lost those 4B. you will not recover so much selling the crafted items. But at least you had x10 exp. on a random day without the charm, could take ten times that time and kinah. 

mmm half right i think, i leveled aetherforging a long time ago, i think it took me more than 10 hours maybe days, but at the end i did recover the kinah invested, true werent many players atm with aetherforging but i sold the upgraded greating potions i made and that was it, and i been selling the blue bunny wings at 300-400 mill and MR wings (warning: super dificult to proc) and now that we finally got the main material for the "golden karky egg" at 1b +/-, so i recovered it. I dont love aetherforging yet cuz as the other profesions the gear you can craft is bs against what we can get in pve and it gives low amounts of consumables (x1) considering farming mats is super hard. Lets hope next update brings something better, i been told that most everything is going to be morphable?

20 hours ago, Heat-KT said:

First, thanks a lot for this guide. 

I am currently preparing for next Crafting boost weekend in 3 weeks, and trying to get all materials needed. Can someone tell me APPROXIMATELY how many crafts it takes FOR EXAMPLE, how many 10-30p: Processed Ordine Paper would it take to get from lvl 10 to 30, or let's say 170-190p: Pet-safe Ribs Ingredient how many those ingredients i have to make from 170 to get to 190? thanks in advance. Don't want to overkill it. Planning to use 500% charm during rotating craft weekend

You need the same mats multiple times. For example, there are a few different times you will need to craft pet safe ingredients throughout the 1-300 period. So although you might have a bunch of leftover edible meat after the first time, you will need it again later. So very rarely, if ever, will you have an overkill problem in aetherforging.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

So very rarely, if ever, will you have an overkill problem in aetherforging.

I made maths and for preparation i calculated i will need:

Natural vitality 1800

Natural Essence 4400

Edible Meat 12900

Edible Fruit 2600

Spirit stone of Eternity 2990

Ancient crafting stone 4160

Spirit stone of light 2770

Enchantment stone 250

Can't wait to see how accurate my maths were xD posting results with actual numbers in 3 weeks

With 1k of each craft + 500% charm + crafting week-end you should reach 20 points from each craft. For 30 points difference, you need nearly 2k crafts, roughly 1.8k. It's been a really long time since I've done the lower (<60) levels so those might take less (like in regular professions) but not by a lot and you'll need those materials later for other crafts (and you'll need a lot more than just 1000x the crafted product) so don't be afraid to overkill before 60pts.

20 hours ago, Heat-KT said:

I made maths and for preparation i calculated i will need:

Natural vitality 1800

Natural Essence 4400

Edible Meat 12900

Edible Fruit 2600

Spirit stone of Eternity 2990

Ancient crafting stone 4160

Spirit stone of light 2770

Enchantment stone 250

Can't wait to see how accurate my maths were xD posting results with actual numbers in 3 weeks

Just a heads up, you will need approximately 13,000 Spirit Stone of Darkness Staminas for 270-300. (With 500% amulet) This high amount caught me off guard, so now I warn people.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived