Truth about 6.0

17sED5E-KT

game went from pvp for pvp gear to pve for pvp gear.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. what was the patch you had the most fun on?

as a OG player was hyped for 6.0 soon enogh  got to try it on KR servers and got to talk to some Korean top PVP players about it

6.0 removed all run speed cast speed and all other scrools and made them on available on the cash shop,  the equipment boots no longer have 30 % run speed and gloves no longer have an attack or cast speed, this results in character moving extremely slow and being super annoying and making it close to unplayable. now there is new fix for this is transformation systeam similar to candy that we always used in aion like penguin candy etc that gives few stats, this system been extended to become the most important part of the game after 6.0 these transformations are mandatory now and you guessed it right they are only available on cash shop. just to give you idea of how needed this is  red transformation gives you 100 % running speed 65 % attack speed 45 % cast speed and about 10 other stats like magic accuracy attack hp etc...  by removing scrools and speed from boots and gloves players are now forced to buy either scrools form cash shop to move close to what we moved like before  or buy transformation contracts from cash shop to be able to stay competitive because your not going to win vs someone that has 100 % run speed 65 % attack speed and 45 % cast speed more then you 24/7 while you don't even have attack speed gloves or run speed boots or even scrools your going to run around whith nothing but title speed and 10 % run speed boots after you crafted them... 

so you either use cash shop or you use cash shop because there is no way to get transformation contracts ingame same for run speed scrools etc they not attainable in the game anymore.

as sad as it is aion is not pay2win anymore its pay2evenbeabletomove.

as someone that started game in 1.5 patch very sad to see they keep tryng to find new ways to rip off players and finding ways to force players to spend money in cash for simple stuff good news is they working on Aion 2 so guess this is the last stretch they trying now to rip off as many players as they can before they shut aion down and start working on releasing aion 2 hopefully they wont make aion 2 pay2win like they made aion pay2win since 2.0 patch forward how you went from 32 servers to 1 server is amazing how can someone manage a game so badly and not realize that pay2win ruins any game in the long run maybe some idiots spend money in cash shop and you make a quick buck but that never lasts and looks like you never learn and im not really concerned about your success as a company im just sad a game with so much potential was ruined by bunch of greedy fools and games keep failing MXM game was developed under the same principals cash shop pay2win mentality that worked out great didn't it? oh yea game shut down.... anyway, im out see you all on Aion 2if the company don't shut down and runs only on mobile pay2win games since that's easy to make  and its way more profitable

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started playing in 3.5, and I really enjoyed the game. There were safe timings for open world PvE questing, and PvP was contained in Eye of Tiamaranta. Sieges were important because they gave medals which were rare back then, and provided access to the eye. There was only one hardcore instance (DLR), and every other instance was puggable. PvP gears came from PvP or semi-PvP (frog/lake). 3.5 was truly the perfect patch for everyone.

4.0 became much more stressful because everything became open world PvP. You couldn't catch a break anywhere. Almost every instance was hardcore; you had to have connections with elite players to do them. Fortress sieges were epic, though. I quickly got burned out because of non-stop PvP and hardcore instances, and quit in 4.7 when they added crap like Levinshor and Kaldor.

4.7 onward was a pile of shit. It was like they replaced their entire development team with monkeys. They stopped the 2 main maps + 1 PvP map updates and kept deleting well-liked maps and sieges and adding 2 crappy maps. What made Aion great was sieges, and now we have just Abyss+Kaldor, the most boring sieges no one wanted to do except for GP.

The candies replace the scrolls.  Different transformations give different stats and I think they last slightly longer than the 4m scrolls.  Not only penguins, but also sheep, fennec, balaur, vampire, sheba, kaisinel etc etc.  I think there is something on cash shop which allows u to make the form invisible.

I would think being an AT would be better coz you'll always be covered by a big robot

7 minutes ago, Xoth-DN said:

The candies replace the scrolls.  Different transformations give different stats and I think they last slightly longer than the 4m scrolls.  Not only penguins, but also sheep, fennec, balaur, vampire, sheba, kaisinel etc etc.  I think there is something on cash shop which allows u to make the form invisible.

I would think being an AT would be better coz you'll always be covered by a big robot

Welcome to (not) Aion: Animal Kingdom.

21 minutes ago, Xoth-DN said:

There is. You use up a charge of it every time you refresh your transform.

Not gonna lie, though, if I got a Veille or Sheba or Kromede transform, I would run around with that shit up all day every day, even if the stats aren't beneficial to my class.

F2zKbhz.png

somehow i really feel that Aion 6.x will be give our Aion a second wind. I also do not feel that NC is not stupid enough to make this game pay2win. thou i have yet to get the feel when 6.x arrives. but until then im not jumping into the "6.x sucks bandwagon - spearheaded by noneother than.. opsss hahaha. xyz!

2 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

Not to ruin the mood here, but the transformation candies drop from mobs in the new 6.0 zone.

Only white/green grade transformation potions drop from mobs, these are pretty much useless. Imagine if our current scrolls could only be obtained in this manner. Are you saying you would be ok with playing 5.8 (or lower) where  run/cast/attack speed scrolls only dropped from mobs at a random rate, meanwhile being readily available in the cash shop to people willing to swipe.

Well, if being some silly cartoonish thing is the only way to get stat buffs, I'll be buying the means to make that invisible. I hate the inquin, shugo, kromede, this that or the other thing you have to be in instances sometimes as it is and, I refuse to use any of those candies in normal game play. What's the point of skins if you never see them because you have to be a cartoon. 

Okay maybe it's funny for five seconds to see penguins and giant mice killing things but then it's just stupid looking. I play AION not Cartoon Wars. 

Sadly 6.0+ is really boring and most new players (if there will be any) wont level till 80lvl. Why? Because leveling is boring as hell, there is no choice to roam around map anymore and do quests you like, its like get guest, done and move to next NPC to get rewards and next quest (like Cygnea map, only 1 way). Ok new maps looks really Great, BUT you see at best 25% of them because NC took your hand and holding it tight (follow quests from 1 NPC to next), your not allowed to discover map. Remember beach in Heiron? Not a single quest to that zone, same with many other places on every map. Even in Poeta you see at best 30% of map if follow quests.

Remember ascension quest at 9lvl? Screw those new candy's, had bear candy on when challenge Orisan and guess what, in cut scene you are BEAR. Want more, Dressing Up For Bollvig quest and hmm had some transform candy on when you look as skeleton, same crap in cut scene (in this quest skeletons is Daevas who had fight with Blackheart Rasberg and lost but they cant die and revive on binding points because Rasberg magic is too strong, so they stay as skeletons forever). Such epic fail :(

6.2 have a lot of unfinished things, like quest items on ground (those quests doesn't exist anymore), camps, not working teleports in those camps etc all over maps (devs just had no time or will to remove all those things).

P.S. Want to do PvP in 6.2? Forget it if your new player with 75lvl set from quests. Not sure about enemy set but 1k with Glacial on enemy while he did 6k with normal skill on me wasn't fun at all. Still remember when we had chance to PvP in Discordant set against geared enemy's. Oh and meanwhile best in game potions heal for ~4k but SHOP potions for 8k xD

1 minute ago, 66s99B4A-DN said:

Sadly 6.0+ is really boring and most new players (if there will be any) wont level till 80lvl. Why? Because leveling is boring as hell, there is no choice to roam around map anymore and do quests you like, its like get guest, done and move to next NPC to get rewards and next quest (like Cygnea map, only 1 way).

Leveling is fast as hell, took me around 14 hours to hit level 80 (1 day only if counting breaks).

Remember ascension quest at 9lvl? Screw those new candy's, had bear candy on when challenge Orisan and guess what, in cut scene you are BEAR. Want more, Dressing Up For Bollvig quest and hmm had some transform candy on when you look as skeleton, same crap in cut scene (in this quest skeletons is Daevas who had fight with Blackheart Rasberg and lost but they cant die and revive on binding points because Rasberg magic is too strong, so they stay as skeletons forever). Such epic fail 

Doesn't matter because you can always use Transparency transformation scrolls to hide your transformation. They are cheap, can be bought with 1 Gold Bar and it gives you 20 scrolls. Yes, this is a stupid system in the long run but it's also their source of income.

P.S. Want to do PvP in 6.2? Forget it if your new player with 75lvl set from quests. Not sure about enemy set but 1k with Glacial on enemy while he did 6k with normal skill on me wasn't fun at all. Still remember when we had chance to PvP in Discordant set against geared enemy's. Oh and meanwhile best in game potions heal for ~4k but SHOP potions for 8k 

PvP will be different compared to now because of its in game access. If you wish to max your PvP gear, you do camps, upgrade it to +15 and purify it, done. You don't need to throw in your wallet into the game to actually get somewhere, the pace is slower, but it's not mandatory. At one point everyone will be maxed in both PvE and PvP gears and it'll be just a never-ending zerg fest of groups trying to out-kill each others. It's kinda fun.

Overall, people are overdramatizing again, if 6.0 launches, try it. If you don't like it, you're free to leave, play other games, I wish people would stop this childish behavior already.

9 minutes ago, 66s99B4A-DN said:

Sadly 6.0+ is really boring and most new players (if there will be any) wont level till 80lvl. Why? Because leveling is boring as hell, there is no choice to roam around map anymore and do quests you like, its like get guest, done and move to next NPC to get rewards and next quest (like Cygnea map, only 1 way). Ok new maps looks really Great, BUT you see at best 25% of them because NC took your hand and holding it tight (follow quests from 1 NPC to next), your not allowed to discover map. Remember beach in Heiron? Not a single quest to that zone, same with many other places on every map. Even in Poeta you see at best 30% of map if follow quests.

Leveled 1-80 on KR using broken english translation patch in 12 hours without even trying. They made leveling concise and efficient and not bogged down. It was refreshing and still enjoyable. Not quite sure what you're talking about.

2 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Are you saying you would be ok with playing 5.8 (or lower) where  run/cast/attack speed scrolls only dropped from mobs at a random rate, meanwhile being readily available in the cash shop to people willing to swipe.

And they say there are no silly questions.

Well of course I'm not saying that. Where did you even get all of that from? What I was saying is that some candies drop from Lakrum mobs which I think is relevant to the topic. You can still have all the salt you like, I'm not taking any away from you.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

Leveling is fast as hell, took me around 14 hours to hit level 80 (1 day only if counting breaks).

Yes its fast but BORING, kill 10 mobs, loot 10 items etc. No more fun as we had with old quests :(

Doesn't matter because you can always use Transparency transformation scrolls to hide your transformation. They are cheap, can be bought with 1 Gold Bar and it gives you 20 scrolls. Yes, this is a stupid system in the long run but it's also their source of income.

Seriously? 1.3m = 1 gold bar and we all know that in 6.0+ 1.3m is A LOT, i mean A LOT when most quests give you like 40-60k.

PvP will be different compared to now because of its in game access. If you wish to max your PvP gear, you do camps, upgrade it to +15 and purify it, done. You don't need to throw in your wallet into the game to actually get somewhere, the pace is slower, but it's not mandatory. At one point everyone will be maxed in both PvE and PvP gears and it'll be just a never-ending zerg fest of groups trying to out-kill each others. It's kinda fun.

Overall, people are overdramatizing again, if 6.0 launches, try it. If you don't like it, you're free to leave, play other games, I wish people would stop this childish behavior already.

Maybe all those changes will be ok for "NEW" players but most of old ones wont like it. Time at time made new char by myself and enjoyed quests and freedom how to level up by doing quests. Can see it on RU servers atm, they opened new server with 6.2 launch and now 2 weeks later announce that merge last of 2 old servers. Server merges was done on KR too in 2nd week if remember right.

Anyway its just my opinion and maybe other players will like those changes. I tough that changes is great in leveling system after watching other player streams/videos,  but when tried by myself then didn't like those changes. Feels pretty same as FailAge leveling system.

2 minutes ago, 66s99B4A-DN said:

Anyway its just my opinion and maybe other players will like those changes. I tough that changes is great in leveling system after watching other player streams/videos,  but when tried by myself then didn't like those changes. Feels pretty same as FailAge leveling system.

Dear Diary....

1 minute ago, 66s99B4A-DN said:

Yes its fast but BORING, kill 10 mobs, loot 10 items etc. No more fun as we had with old quests 

It's not boring. You're either lazy or a big crybaby. You prefer endless grinds in CoE?

Seriously? 1.3m = 1 gold bar and we all know that in 6.0+ 1.3m is A LOT, i mean A LOT when most quests give you like 40-60k.

Really? At level 80 I had approx 7 mil kinah done already (not counting spending it ofc). You get kinah easily if you know what you're doing, repeatable quest give a nice amount, selling gear and world drops gives also a nice amount. You expect to have 5b within 1 week of playing? Give me a break.

Maybe all those changes will be ok for "NEW" players but most of old ones wont like it. Time at time made new char by myself and enjoyed quests and freedom how to level up by doing quests. Can see it on RU servers atm, they opened new server with 6.2 launch and now 2 weeks later announce that merge last of 2 old servers. Server merges was done on KR too in 2nd week if remember right.

You don't know if "most" will like it or not. 

Server merges happened on KR because people abandoned the old servers and moved to the new ones. I see your reading skills are up to par.

Here's a fun fact for you: stop crying about a patch you haven't even played.

4 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

It's not boring. You're either lazy or a big crybaby. You prefer endless grinds in CoE?

Really? At level 80 I had approx 7 mil kinah done already (not counting spending it ofc). You get kinah easily if you know what you're doing, repeatable quest give a nice amount, selling gear and world drops gives also a nice amount. You expect to have 5b within 1 week of playing? Give me a break.

You don't know if "most" will like it or not. 

Server merges happened on KR because people abandoned the old servers and moved to the new ones. I see your reading skills are up to par.

Here's a fun fact for you: stop crying about a patch you haven't even played.

Looks like your some kind of grinder and all you see is LEVEL FASTER FASTER FASTER, instead of playing game and doing quests to enjoy leveling.

Yeah meanwhile there was some quests with some amount of kinah in rewards but did you check available quests/drops after hit 80lvl xD

Get your facts right maybe? Done one char 66-80 and another 1-71 ...............................

Just now, 66s99B4A-DN said:

Looks like your some kind of grinder and all you see is LEVEL FASTER FASTER FASTER, instead of playing game and doing quests to enjoy leveling.

Yeah meanwhile there was some quests with some amount of kinah in rewards but did you check available quests/drops after hit 80lvl xD

Get your facts right maybe? Done one char 66-80 and another 1-71 ...............................

Like I said, your reading skills are up to par. Can you get my sarcasm?

As a matter of fact, I enjoy questing more, it would've taken me longer to level in the PTS server had I not skipped everything. I enjoyed questing as much as in 4.9 as in 5.8, your logic is absurd beyond stupidity.

Availability depends on the publisher. The EU PTS has almost exact same Korean rates, though I'm sure it'll be nerfed regardless. You can get a kinah bundle as well so I'm not sure what are you crying here about. There's tons of quests in the new map and a lot of them are also repeatable. What's your point again?

I main a level 75 cleric, rest of my toons are between 71-73. I'm in no hurry anymore in leveling them because I know what'll happen when 6.2 hits in NA. It was a speed race back in 5.3 due to the elemental xforms and how op they were. Now? I don't even care.

I've been leveling a chanter on PTS and as someone who plays sin/chanter at or near cap, the attack and move speeds in 6.0+ are just agony. It took me mantra, potion and WoW to reach anything close to "normal" speeds. The idea of being forced to farm or swipe for transforms just to get back where I was are a big turn off for this patch.

Archived