Scrolls will just be deleted?

Arhangelos

So I have a ton of stat scrolls, normal crafted ones. If I knew that you will just delete those I wouldn't have crafted it, why not compensate something for them as well? You are acting as if normal scrolls were given to us for free, I worked really hard for those and now you are deleting them. Only the 1 hour scrolls are exchanged and in a really bad ratio!!!

This is one of the worst things you decided to do. I spent hours gathering, morphing, crafting to get them and now you are
"hey whatever is not on that list we will just delete it yay, you should be so happy we are the best team, we are so smart that you should just can't even..."

I agree, but I kind of see their point.

I also have spent hours and hours of game time gathering, morphing and crafting scrolls. I feel that I should get some compensation for that.

BUT.. imagine the abuse if they compensated for crafted scrolls as well. People could craft non-stop from now until Oct. 24th and have hundreds and hundreds of potions.

Maybe cap the number of potions you can get for crafted scrolls to prevent abuse?

It would be indeed be abused, I know a lot of people who have more than 3k scrolls of running, attack or casting speed scrolls. It would be disastrous and just give them another advantage, so the best choice is to remove them completely. Same happened in Korea when 6.0 launched there.

The fact that in a couple hours after the announcement, the prices of 1 hr scrolls spiked is a very obvious sign that people will abuse whatever they can abuse. Even if said potion only last for like what? 5 mins? 10 mins? Imagine the 5 min scrolls. I have to agree with ncsoft on this one.

We are "exploiting" the temperings and omegas, hoarding them to get something in return.
We are enchanting our items to get the exchange
We are enchanting essence cores to get gold ingots as a return.
...the list goes on and on for what people are doing to get "ready".

I do not see where the problem with anything. Crafting normal scrolls is not a simple click, you either gather hours and hours or aethertap, then morph, then craft non stop. As I said I worked really hard for these scrolls and now I have to sell it on the npc for pennies, heck if I even manage to do so with the kinah sales limit.

It is not our fault they are totally revamping the game to the point they want to eliminate everything we did so far. Why didn't they tell us 2~3 month ago what items will be deleted so we will only keep those we need? 6.+ existed for long enough and we should at least know that they are going to delete key items that are crucial so far. Telling me the last week that my scrolls will be deleted is a bad move.

6.2 is not a new game, it is a continuation of our gameplay so far, if they want to reset it all then they are hurting whatever we did so far.

47 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

We are "exploiting" the temperings and omegas, hoarding them to get something in return.
We are enchanting our items to get the exchange
We are enchanting essence cores to get gold ingots as a return.
...the list goes on and on for what people are doing to get "ready".

I do not see where the problem with anything. Crafting normal scrolls is not a simple click, you either gather hours and hours or aethertap, then morph, then craft non stop. As I said I worked really hard for these scrolls and now I have to sell it on the npc for pennies, heck if I even manage to do so with the kinah sales limit.

It is not our fault they are totally revamping the game to the point they want to eliminate everything we did so far. Why didn't they tell us 2~3 month ago what items will be deleted so we will only keep those we need? 6.+ existed for long enough and we should at least know that they are going to delete key items that are crucial so far. Telling me the last week that my scrolls will be deleted is a bad move.

6.2 is not a new game, it is a continuation of our gameplay so far, if they want to reset it all then they are hurting whatever we did so far.

"6.+ existed for long enough and we should at least know that they are going to delete key items that are crucial so far." O u understand that? Right back at you then, you had long enough to research. Google exist and so does google translate. This isn't year 2000.

2 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

"6.+ existed for long enough and we should at least know that they are going to delete key items that are crucial so far." O u understand that? Right back at you then, you had long enough to research. Google exist and so does google translate. This isn't year 2000.

To  be fair, EU players said they got potions for scrolls.  The crafted ones.

6 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

We don't get the same exchange as Korea, or EU. Deleting something without compensation is NSWest's decision for our servers.

Reading Korean patch notes had nothing to do with kinah conversion on our server, omegas or temperings etc. EU also got it totally different.

I am referring to them, they know 6.0+ for some time, if they had planned all this before we could at least know what they are about to make. They shouldn't be taking all these sharp decisions the last moment.

Also try not to be too salty on your posts, I read all those patch notes, if you are playing this game long enough you could understand that we are getting a custom version of the game. Don't imply things that are untrue about me or my research, it only makes you look like a troll.

2 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

To  be fair, EU players said they got potions for scrolls.  The crafted ones.

Koreans got exchange for normal scrolls too, I am sure I read it in the notes (Sywo the youtuber also mentioned that for the korean patch notes, he also played in korean servers to test it.

It was 1000 normal scrolls for 3x potions. 1000 scrolls = 1 slot full of scrolls effectively.

No offence but they probably thought it through you know, yeah perhaps they should have said so earlier but you have to realise that your not the only one with master alchemy crafting 1000s upon 1000s of scrolls.

And sorry for the saltiness, its just that recently I've seen too many o why r we not getting compensated o why r we not getting compensated posts

7 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

No offence but they probably thought it through you know, yeah perhaps they should have said so earlier but you have to realise that your not the only one with master alchemy crafting 1000s upon 1000s of scrolls.

This is irrelevant to what I wrote. Whoever has crafted scrolls one way or another (or bought them from broker) will have them deleted now. And this info was sent out to us the last week before the deletions.

In EU they had the patch notes like 1 month before the update (or even more), the whole August players already knew what was going to come 100%, they didn't release a single note the last week, because it was already pre planned at least 1 month before that. The same date they announced the update, they also gave exchange rates.

NCWest announced the date of update and then for the next weeks they said nothing, waiting last week to release exchange rates and item deletions. Also reading the patch notes of both Korea and EU was bad for us, since we thought we would get something for our scrolls, if I knew that I would have simply sold them.

I didn't craft my scrolls hoping to get an exchange, I already had them crafted long time ago before even the announcement of the update, I would have had plenty of time to sell as much as I can for people that would use them. Now I know I'll have to NPC sell them.

Well, if you say so that its irrelevant then continue going on ahead questioning ncsoft's decision lol. Not like anything is going to change. Let me tell you this, if they aren't going to compensate scrolls basically everyone just loses out and we're all even. If they are going to compensate scrolls everyone also wins and we're all even.

17 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

So I have a ton of stat scrolls, normal crafted ones. If I knew that you will just delete those I wouldn't have crafted it, why not compensate something for them as well? You are acting as if normal scrolls were given to us for free, I worked really hard for those and now you are deleting them. Only the 1 hour scrolls are exchanged and in a really bad ratio!!!

This is one of the worst things you decided to do. I spent hours gathering, morphing, crafting to get them and now you are
"hey whatever is not on that list we will just delete it yay, you should be so happy we are the best team, we are so smart that you should just can't even..."

Long story short: you gambled and lost. Such is life. Even those things you mention such as Temperings and Essence Cores were not fireproof investments - they too carried risk with them, as without knowing the exact rates there always was a chance you'd pull the short end of the stick.

In hindsight, it's always easy to say "I wish I had/hadn't".

11 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

Long story short: you gambled and lost. Such is life. Even those things you mention such as Temperings and Essence Cores were not fireproof investments - they too carried risk with them, as without knowing the exact rates there always was a chance you'd pull the short end of the stick.

In hindsight, it's always easy to say "I wish I had/hadn't".

I didn't gamble in anything, I played the game as they designed it, then one day they told us that will be deleting things so we all start from nothing. I am a hoarder of these things. I just had a lot and still have.

Pretty annoyed all the time I spent mastering Alchemy is now pointless.  Can’t recall any MMO that removed people’s crafting professions entirely.  

Not sure why they couldn’t just make the scrolls no trade, no longer craftable, and let us use up whatever we have left.  Would give people time to find an okay transform and allow people to have some speed initially.  

1 hour ago, Channing-DN said:

Pretty annoyed all the time I spent mastering Alchemy is now pointless.  Can’t recall any MMO that removed people’s crafting professions entirely.  

Not sure why they couldn’t just make the scrolls no trade, no longer craftable, and let us use up whatever we have left.  Would give people time to find an okay transform and allow people to have some speed initially.  

You still had advantages from having levelled alchemy at any time that you did it, may it be years ago or last week... While I don't disagree that they should've left the old crafts in the game, cleaning it all up isn't a bad idea (and the info has been out since January when KR got 6.0, let's be real). It got so messy, particularly recently, because you couldn't gather the same way as before, and on top of it you couldn't get any "bundle" items (the green/blue/golds)(except for textiles/woods) that made gathering actually kinda worth it if you had time to spend in the flower fields. Plus, for years everyone has been trashing lvl50~65 balaur mats despite designs needing hundreds, sometimes thousands, of them, making them ridiculously scarce. It was time to move on.

But ye, having them exchanged for ancient pots (1000:1 or whatever) would've been cool.

On 21/10/2018 at 5:21 AM, Capa-KT said:

But ye, having them exchanged for ancient pots (1000:1 or whatever) would've been cool.

This is what EU and Korea got (or something similar). I am also not pissed off deleting alchemy and other professions since it takes you 1 day to take it from lvl 1 to lvl 499 with all the crafting buffs and amulets and I really made a big profit back in the days, it kinda paid off already.

But it is never wise to make such decisions so sharply. I'd say if we knew like 3~4 months ago that "these items will be deleted or rendered useless" people like me who have a lot, we would have had time to sell them and obviously we would stop crafting any more. This was a last week call on behalf of them.

I would enjoy 1 crafting profession to have them all (like aetherforging) than having 6~7 different ones and needing alts to master those, but they are kinda retardifying the game with removing the aethertapping, morphing and generally the gathering part of the game. They said essencetapping is not removed, so I guess we will still be able to gather some materials, but although 6.0+ is out there for so long, there is always little to no information on most things anymore.

The days that sites were dedicated to ALL details about a game are gone since Lineage II and WoW.

6 minutes ago, Jaimie-KT said:

@Cyan Any idea as to why we're the only region not having the chance to trade in regular crafted scrolls for the transform bundles?  Seems a bit silly... 

I'm sure the only scrolls EU exchanged were the crit/spell resist ones. Most of the 30min and 1hr scrolls weren't.

3 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I am also not pissed off deleting alchemy and other professions since it takes you 1 day to take it from lvl 1 to lvl 499 with all the crafting buffs and amulets and I really made a big profit back in the days, it kinda paid off already.

It certainly didn't take one day at launch when I did it. 

I'm just saying - I'm fine if prior work like levelling or crafting is "sped up" and made easier, or they add new levels of mastery you need to earn.  It's just a little off-putting to have the work removed entirely - seemingly on a whim. 

It makes me question investing in any of the game's systems as they can just hit the "start over" button under the pretense of having new players catch up.  And how many new players is this game really going to get at this point?

21 hours ago, Channing-DN said:

I'm just saying - I'm fine if prior work like levelling or crafting is "sped up" and made easier, or they add new levels of mastery you need to earn.  It's just a little off-putting to have the work removed entirely - seemingly on a whim. 

It makes me question investing in any of the game's systems as they can just hit the "start over" button under the pretense of having new players catch up.  And how many new players is this game really going to get at this point?

I understand your frustrations and do agree to a certain extent. My alchemy is also maxed out and cooking is almost there. So I get where you're coming from. :) However, it's not really "on a whim" that it's being removed. I don't want to dismiss your concerns because, again, I understand the time and kinah you've put into your crafting. That said, their removal is part of an overall growth attempt for the game -- an attempt to make it a better, more cohesive game. It's painful at first, but it's better - in the long run -- for the health of the game. Also, yes, games can always hit the "start over button"; that's just how games work. That's a reality we have to consider when we do something in ANY game. It does suck, but NCsoft has to try to get this game to be more cohesive and less outdated, and this is just one of many things they needed to do. I'm sorry that it negates your work; it negates mine too. But if it's better for the game in the long run, we should all try to be okay with it. :)

On 22/10/2018 at 8:24 PM, Channing-DN said:

I leveled Alchemy and all professions back in the days that it was hardcore to do so. I leveled alchemy lately in alts to have more crafting speed, it took me 1 day and the amount of money was not a problem rally for the current economy. This is what I meant.

I also leveled aetherforging to lvl 300 and that took me about 2,5b kinah and I even used a +500% crafting amulet and when the passive crafting buf was on... if they ever decide to remove aetherforging that would be a really bad move.

On 24/10/2018 at 11:32 AM, Pizzachu-KT said:

I think 'they could have handled it better' sums it up pretty well. All this exchange and erasing etc could have been done more elegant.
It's a brutal nuke, and that we knew it was coming doesn't make it much better.

This is exactly my point here, one day you play the game as they designed it, the next day they take the decision to simply delete many thing. The last 2 months could have been a preparation for such a game changing update. They chose to do it last week.

Archived