Transformations Are Dumb

Lumin-DN

This new transformation system replacing scrolls is dumb.  I never used candies because Lumin should look like Lumin, not a nyerking penguin or a deku or a jester or KAISINEL.  

10/10 on the hate meter.  I know there are other threads about this, but I want to make my own because I'm a special butterfloof.  

I hate them too, i have spent more than 100 hours and A LOT of real money in character customization for now i cant even see my character as it is? There are too many good changes, but transformation was unnecessary, the crafting scrolls system was OK when the game used to be limited in items/enchanted.

1 hour ago, Lumin-DN said:

This new transformation system replacing scrolls is dumb.  I never used candies because Lumin should look like Lumin, not a nyerking penguin or a deku or a jester or KAISINEL.  

10/10 on the hate meter.  I know there are other threads about this, but I want to make my own because I'm a special butterfloof.  

What?!? You mean you dont enjoy looking like a low polygonal polar bear after spending hours and perhaps $100's RL cash making your character look pretty? For shame!

But yeah, its fubar. I mean, the transformations themselves arent the problem...the problem is the fact that your only options when it comes to hiding these abominations is pay or grind for said option. Thats the part thats inconcievable. Whole new level of greed on NC Korea's part.

Yeah, its a business. They need to make money. However, this is NOT the way to go about it. Not in NA at least.

The only good thing about it is that it gives mixed stats (while with scrolls we had to pick between casting or attack speed, with some classes you need both). Regardless it would be way better if it worked like cubics or something... Something that you enable in your inventory and that's it. Lmao customizing your character, to look like some goofy arse penguin, bear, nasty skeleton (or similar mob)  90% of the time you play? Feels nice, I guess.

That's the only thing I strongly dislike about the update. Literally whoever came up with  it..... I dunno what they were thinking about.

@Cyan Would be nice if there was just a button to turn off the appearance of the transformation on your character. The same way you hide the hat/plume/cloak.

When it comes to dollar signs in the eyes of executives, reason is non-existent. You are quite correct. There is quite a bit of noise about this and not in a good way so hoping that a future patch will address this issue in NA, because that's what it is. An issue. 

Myself and a few friends are cautiously progressing in this patch to see what happens, but if we get told to nyerk off by ncsoft and deal with it I'm done. Most everything else is reasonable, but as has been said before, the only way to stem the eventual migration of players pissed off by this xform system is to make transparent scrolls easily available in game and an event where you can PICK at least an ancient level transformation to keep permanently. 

Why not just turn all the tranforCRAP into class pots, scrolls and contracts of various levels. One set of varying grades for each class, no goofy cartoon looking crap. As it is, those things that I do get are vendor rubbish - can't broker them and I refuse to use them. I crated my characters to look a certain way and refuse to waste my effort by using those transformations. I never used candies, sold those for the same reason-  ugly, stupid, makes character creation useless. Just make us all black blobs if we have to have these transformations anyway.

This was created so you'll have to open your wallet and buy transparent transformation scrolls on CS. I don't give a nyerk regarding the mechanic of the buffs transform gives, what pisses me off is being forced to run like a retard panda or whatever and not being able to see my character...

36 minutes ago, Lutien-KT said:

This was created so you'll have to open your wallet and buy transparent transformation scrolls on CS. I don't give a nyerk regarding the mechanic of the buffs transform gives, what pisses me off is being forced to run like a retard panda or whatever and not being able to see my character...

The hell even with the transparency scrolls, the whole system itself is beyond nyerked up.  I had no problem at all dealing with low running speed as well as attack or cast speed as a beginning player, in fact I enjoyed getting better gear. However, this RNG-based system  (and P2W) is not all how I want to progress plus it tosses out all the past effort.

I refuse to use transformations PERIOD. I won't pay to keep the look of the characters I created and, I won't hide that look under a stupid cartoon character. If I need to move fast, I have a mount, as for the buffs, well I'll just do without those buffs. Yes I tried a contact and a pot - had to click it off in two seconds - can't stand it.

8 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

Yeah, its a business. They need to make money. However, this is NOT the way to go about it. Not in NA at least.

They won't get any "more" money from me this for sure, I hate the transformations, I too never used any before plus I worked very hard to be able to make my own scrolls and potions, why did they take them away? I know just to get more dollars from us, but I think this time they went too far....... in my opinion. >:(

I honestly hate all this crap with transformation thing  . For me this might be it.. I hoped in something diffrent, i played for couple hours these days and im already bored and sick of what im seeing. The thrill and excitement that used to be in Aion is long gone..I really miss old Aion,my heart is shattered by all these changes.. This is not the game i fell in love with..

I agree, I refuse to play this game if I have to run around looking like that butt bear. The only thing Aion does better than other games is let you make your character look the way you like it. But now they took that away and make you pay real money to see your own character. That's it for me,. straw that broke the camel's back.

Archived