EK Incentives / Catch up?

1s249CEF-KT

Can we get some incentives for players to play on EK server?

It is not even the "recommended server" when new players start the game; that honor belongs to KT for some reason.

Elyos side has like 30-50 people online and the economy is completely dead. There aren't even manastones in significant quantity. Not to mention, everyone on EK is completely undergeared compared to the other servers, which already impacts cross-server instance pvp and will be a problem when there is inevitable server merge (because EK is basically dead right now).

IMO, EK needs some serious incentives and catch-up mechanics to remain viable; particularly the legendary pvp enchantment stones that the other servers got in the hundreds during that past event. This kind of event doesn't necessarily need to be EK only; it would be good for everyone who is just starting to play to be able to at least have a fighting chance against geared people (since your new combat system is so ridiculously gear dependent compared to previous patches).

So yeah; Aion really needs a legendary PVP enchantment stone event. EK really needs some incentives to encourage new players to play there and to help EK catch up to the other servers in terms of gear. As it stands, EK Elyos is completely dead. EK Asmo seems to be a little bit better but it's probably not far behind.

I would be against any incentives for the EK server.

The EK server was billed as a "fresh start". People rolled there because they wanted a fresh start even knowing that there would be behind the curve with the other two, established servers. To now ask for items in order to catch up with those servers defeats the purpose and the reason why players demanded a fresh server.

The fact that the server is now dying was predicted by many of the veteran players.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

The EK server was billed as a "fresh start". People rolled there because they wanted a fresh start even knowing that there would be behind the curve with the other two, established servers. To now ask for items in order to catch up with those servers defeats the purpose and the reason why players demanded a fresh server.

The fact that the server is now dying was predicted by many of the veteran players.

Amen

In addition thinking that everyone on the old servers got hundreds of  stones is ludicrous, a lot of people are running around in ancient gear or crafted gear and not having a great time- IF  they’re still playing. 

By the way, what makes you assume they’ll even pay the cost of a merge?  They might just transfer you like GF recently did. No reason to penalize another server by merging you. 

Wait... why do you care? You don't play on EK, right?

And if either of you read what i wrote i said EVERYONE needs to get some kind of pvp enchantment event. IE if everyone got some legendaries it would allow people to "catch-up"

My comments about the incentives were more like... this server is dying give it double XP or there's going to be nobody there.

7 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

And then they make Cross-Server instances a thing. The logic makes me laugh.

1 minute ago, Rapier-DN said:

*snip*

By the way, what makes you assume they’ll even pay the cost of a merge?  They might just transfer you like GF recently did. No reason to penalize another server by merging you. 

Wouldn't that be amazing?

I vote +1 for that.

1 hour ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Every sane person: "This server is gonna die in a month"

*server dies in a month*

EK players:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Did every sane person know that people on the server were going to send in a ticket to get compensation gear there to ruin the moral of the server as well?

17 hours ago, ImagoMortis-EK said:

And then they make Cross-Server instances a thing. The logic makes me laugh.

You knew that when you decided to roll on the new server. You didn’t have to, but chose to.

Plus honestly, it’s easier to get geared on a lesser populated server in terms of pvp. You have a higher chance at higher rewards at sieges, camps are easier to do, there’s less competition for mobs for drops in open world. 

It's pretty hilarious watching this community fight itself and then wonder why the population is so low.  You have people wanting to help newer/fresh start players on EK to keep new people/returning players in the game, but then the big names come in and shut down any type of help for these people to enjoy the game.  Pretty easy to predict that the fresh start server is going to die because you guys fight for it to die.

It's a fresh start and people want to actually enjoy the pvp, but nope, DN and KT want you to get slaughtered by them in PVP instances, just like Beritra, by forcing you to go into instances against them.  Want to have an event where the EK server can get some kind of help to get a little better gear and make pvp instances at least a little more equal despite the biggest gear gap in the game's history?  Nope, people are going to fight against that too.  There's another thread open where people want more events and even asked for a pvp event where they could get pvp stones from pvp instances.  So you want force EK people to continually get destroyed by the two bigger servers in pvp instances and watch the other two servers get more shit?  I'm sure they would love that, not demoralizing for them in the least.  Yes, they chose to go to a new server and didn't have to, but why would you treat the new server the same way as the other ones?  To me, it just shows that you really don't give a shit about a low population or player retention.

Take a look around the forums.  The people trying to spread ideas to get people to join the game and retain players has now become the minority.  Curious as to how EK incentives affect the servers that are YEARS old, thousands of dollars in, and with compensation gear.  So new people are going to catch up to you in 2-3 weeks with an event or some incentive bonus?  Yeah i doubt it.

This was all stuff predicted by big and little names, though, and not as self-fulfilling prophecies. There were a lot of predictions, including the server would die within three months, they were going to get toasted in cross-server instances, and P2W players on EK were going to quickly get ahead, stomp faces in in Lakrum/siege/etc, and then go back to their home server when they got bored because people would quickly quit and they'd have no one to gigglestomp anymore. I don't know if anyone predicted the huge population imbalance that quickly set in, or that fantastic faux pas with the ticketed compensation gear, but it's not a surprise either. It might not be a perfect form of history repeating itself, but it did certainly, how's the quote go, rhyme with what happened in the past.

It would be cool to see some events for the undergeared, but how would you exclude the obscenely geared people from it? By limiting it to new/returning accounts? That just breeds contempt among those who have been playing and can't win RNG to save their little lives. It's been a problem for years. How do you help those that need help without advancing those who don't even further ahead from them?

What incentives would you want to see? Specifically?

33 minutes ago, Timmain-KT said:

This was all stuff predicted by big and little names, though, and not as self-fulfilling prophecies. There were a lot of predictions, including the server would die within three months, they were going to get toasted in cross-server instances, and P2W players on EK were going to quickly get ahead, stomp faces in in Lakrum/siege/etc, and then go back to their home server when they got bored because people would quickly quit and they'd have no one to gigglestomp anymore. I don't know if anyone predicted the huge population imbalance that quickly set in, or that fantastic faux pas with the ticketed compensation gear, but it's not a surprise either. It might not be a perfect form of history repeating itself, but it did certainly, how's the quote go, rhyme with what happened in the past.

It would be cool to see some events for the undergeared, but how would you exclude the obscenely geared people from it? By limiting it to new/returning accounts? That just breeds contempt among those who have been playing and can't win RNG to save their little lives. It's been a problem for years. How do you help those that need help without advancing those who don't even further ahead from them?

What incentives would you want to see? Specifically?

An enchantment stone event would help the undergeared more than it helps the geared by diminishing returns. If everyone was given, through participation, for example, 50 untradeable legendary enchantment stones, the benefits would be slim to none for the player with full +15 ultimate gear, small for the player with full +10 ultimate gear, and relatively great for the player with full +0 legendary gear. I wouldn't suggest that anyone be excluded; in lieu of NC allowing players to acquire legendary pvp enchantment stones at a reasonable pace given that you're literally gated by time and RNG, an event to supplement that would be very welcome.

With regard to EK, specifically, I think that there should be incentives to convince new players to roll there. Things like, for example, double experience, double crafting experience. It should also absolutely be the "Recommended Server" when you first launch the game.

As someone who has leveled 2 toons to 80 on ek while playing my main.  Double experience is unneeded level so fast now as is let new players if any actually learn the classes playing.  When you do see the server list in game EK Does say NEW in () .  Also with the upcoming patches like 6.5 and the population allready dwindling on EK not many incentives they will be able to do to bring numbers back up.  TBH imo they should take the asmos transfer them to KT and take the Elyos and transfer them to DN.  Forget a merge.  The server won't rebound no matter what they do the history of new servers in NA prove that once the numbers starts crashing they keep crashing.  I was against a new server from the start as everyone saw this coming a mile away I get why people wanted it and respect that but na history has proven it just won't work.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:19 PM, 1s249CEF-KT said:

Can we get some incentives for players to play on EK server?

It is not even the "recommended server" when new players start the game; that honor belongs to KT for some reason.

Elyos side has like 30-50 people online and the economy is completely dead. There aren't even manastones in significant quantity. Not to mention, everyone on EK is completely undergeared compared to the other servers, which already impacts cross-server instance pvp and will be a problem when there is inevitable server merge (because EK is basically dead right now).

IMO, EK needs some serious incentives and catch-up mechanics to remain viable; particularly the legendary pvp enchantment stones that the other servers got in the hundreds during that past event. This kind of event doesn't necessarily need to be EK only; it would be good for everyone who is just starting to play to be able to at least have a fighting chance against geared people (since your new combat system is so ridiculously gear dependent compared to previous patches).

So yeah; Aion really needs a legendary PVP enchantment stone event. EK really needs some incentives to encourage new players to play there and to help EK catch up to the other servers in terms of gear. As it stands, EK Elyos is completely dead. EK Asmo seems to be a little bit better but it's probably not far behind.

You won't get support for anything beneficial for EK or any other new server because the super geared are now the vocal majority.  If you make EK enticing for new/returning/lower geared people from other servers, then the new server might become more popular than the old ones.  If the server became more popular, then some of the players, especially lower geared players on DN and KT that aren't highly invested and/or getting sick of getting steamrolled, might actually move to the new server because it would be more fun for them.  The super geared on DN and KT rely on these lower geared people for them to be able to steamroll so they can have their fun.  If all the lower geared people leave, they would then be left with other people similar gear to them and due to this, they would just become average geared and it would be less fun for them.

What would be nice to see is EK to get a crafting buff. The reason being is that the other servers had a lot of kinah, compensation gear, an other legacy items, which gives them an unfair advantage in PvP eg. Dredge, ID, arenas etc. because we must fight teams from other servers.  So it's very hard for EK to win the PvP stones etc. required to upgrade the genesis ancient get. Many players are trying to level their crafting so they can get some better gear. Trouble is that, once you get above 100 in aetherforging, the crafting materials are expensive, and extremely slow to grind. I am lucky if i can get 2-3 levels per day grinding for hours on end.

Archived