Can't play during Siege? Any help?

Zelix-DN

My computer build is:

CPU- Ryzen 2700x 3.7 Ghz

Gpu- rtx 2070

Ram- 32gb 3200 

Motherboard- gigabyte 470 gaming 5.

Located in the USA

During siege I can barely play even with shift +f12.  My computer freezes sometimes. The lagg is horrible. Ping very high. I am always rubber banding. With my computer build I should not be having this problem. Normally I play at High settings except at siege because I wouldn't be even able to play at that rate.  

Is this problem fixable ? Is it my computer or is this game that much shit that not even a 2070 will work to where I can play during a siege. Are the servers terrible?  Anyone know anyway I can fix it from a technical point of view or is this NCFails problems and I should look into playing another game? Any advice?

If your ping is high it has nothing to do with your computer and it definitely has nothing to do with the game or NCsoft.  Your ISP is really bad!  You can connect through another server.  Use a ping reducing program like Battleping or WTFast.  Although if your internet connection is not good in the first place then you will have a problem staying connected to their gaming servers.  

Siege is god awful for everyone. Here are a couple things that help me make it more bearable:

- Turn Fixed FPS on (check the box) in graphics settings

- Turn off effects for all in graphics settings

- Turn off ranks/titles and legion names in general settings

My ping in Lakrum or just normal playtime is around 20 on average. In siege, it will be around 50-70. So yes, your ping can rise during siege. Unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Siege is god awful for everyone. Here are a couple things that help me make it more bearable:

My ping in Lakrum or just normal playtime is around 20 on average. In siege, it will be around 50-70. So yes, your ping can rise during siege. Unfortunately.

Agree with the comment above. In addition, use shift+12 during siege.

Its the problem with Cry Engine, that AION runs. No matter how much horsepower you have, you always will get a lag. Only good tuning may reduce the lag.

13 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

20ping? you live next to the gamer server? and what ISP you do you have...

aion is the only game that my ping is 200+ 

Use ping reducer I'm playing on my potato laptop and I got that problem too and I use pingzapper (its the best for me) and my ping on siege is stable normal my normal ping (200) but when I don't have pingzapper I got 6k on siege lol and rubberbanding since October I'm playing normal even on siege problem only are fps but still doing good

On 1/23/2019 at 2:50 AM, Zelix-DN said:

My computer build is:

CPU- Ryzen 2700x 3.7 Ghz

Gpu- rtx 2070

Ram- 32gb 3200 

Motherboard- gigabyte 470 gaming 5.

You pretty much have a similar setup to myself.  Since you got high speed ram, are you overclocking at all?  Whether you are or not, you should check your temps (if you haven't already) to see as this can cause freezing. Checking ram couldn't hurt,  grabbing a copy of memtest and letting it run over night isn't a bad idea.  Internet wise, if you're capable of getting the server's ip, you can traceroute it and see if the issue is on your end or not. You can use the windows tracert command or grab a gui like Pingplotter or winmtr.

Are you are using Windows 10 and Defender's real time antimalware feature?

Under Task Manager look for something like: (CPU will be higher when more players are near by.)

c07yCO5.jpg

If so, we can add Aion as an exclusion:

a8aCgtv.png

In Daily Luna, when the "Lots of Footsteps" wave of mobs would attack, my PC would lag. After adding Aion to exclusions, Luna is much smoother, and the sieges are a little better.

MayBlue

Siege Problems are a combination of two things: CPU and Network.

With as many players are there are in siege, your CPU is likely having a nyerk of a time trying to place where everything is.

Similarly, your network and AION's server have to locate everyone.

I find when I get into the fort itself (lakrum) is when I lag massively. Thus, this leads me to believe it's a joint problem of CPU plus Aion's Server.

Edit: I have an i7-6700K not OC, btw.

4 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

Let's talk more about the network issue than CPU.... 

what about this: before and during 5.8 I could do siege without any problem.... After 6.2 I get DC within 2-3 mins... (and it's not a CPU issue!)

It's probably the surge in population. Some people who always comes for a new patch and play for a few months are already leaving. When the population lower a little bit perhaps you will have an easier time sieging.

10 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

It's probably the surge in population. Some people who always comes for a new patch and play for a few months are already leaving. When the population lower a little bit perhaps you will have an easier time sieging.

So you're telling me that a little rise in population would raise my ping from 600 to 10-15k? If that's the case that means the population must have risen by X times to achieve that.. the problem here won't be that few ppl, you can't explain that huge ping spikes with +100ppl at siege

This is hard to answer because it could be a magnitude of things causing your issues. Lets use my issue for example. Not sure why but Siege weapons are the cause for my big ping spike issues during siege.

I go from 215 ping all the way up to 800 ping the very second my side summons Siege weapons. However this is not an issue for everyone i would assume as not many people complain about this being an Issue. I have determined this being the issue due to having stable ping up to the point the siege weapons come out as well as 215 ping at Anomos. While you could argue Anomos has less numbers showing up that is why you are not having ping issues there. My answer to that would be i sieged on EK when people had 100-150 per side less numbers then Anomos and i still had high latency back then but not for the entire siege.

Now when i think back when ever the side with the siege weapons got completely wiped my ping would go back to normal.

On 03/02/2019 at 0:50 PM, Magistone-KT said:

So you're telling me that a little rise in population would raise my ping from 600 to 10-15k? If that's the case that means the population must have risen by X times to achieve that.. the problem here won't be that few ppl, you can't explain that huge ping spikes with +100ppl at siege

Not much "a little" as one would think, sieges of a thousand ppl are happening some times. I think that is way more than the time Forthyn would record the numbers. But anyway, do you normally play with 600 ping ? My ping is 150 to 200 and it goes easily to 10000 in KT sieges. The screen freezes to the point I can't  move and eventually i get disconnected.

On 6. 2. 2019 at 0:41 AM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Not much "a little" as one would think, sieges of a thousand ppl are happening some times. I think that is way more than the time Forthyn would record the numbers. But anyway, do you normally play with 600 ping ? My ping is 150 to 200 and it goes easily to 10000 in KT sieges. The screen freezes to the point I can't  move and eventually i get disconnected.

To answer your question, the ping of 600(+-) I used to have at any siege pre 6.2 even with so many ppl there, I usually play with smth between 200-300 but at siege (if I even have time to go) goes like 15k+ and a DC can happen within 2 mins

On 2/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, Magistone-KT said:

Let's talk more about the network issue than CPU.... 

what about this: before and during 5.8 I could do siege without any problem.... After 6.2 I get DC within 2-3 mins... (and it's not a CPU issue!)

its true the 5.8 siege was more playabe than lakrum and divine i have lag issues too, at 5.8 i did not suffer this horrible lag

Archived