Forums

Aion 7.5 translation gave me headache

Arhangelos

I know this below translation is kinda crude and it also mentions that somethings might not be accurate AND that the weapons that go past +15 are actually not going to be implemented, but everything else kinda gave me a headache.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vqG8gIAkepyV0tWwMu4AHtlkm0gcQeg78_Du1R8SML0/edit

Inggison/Gelkmaros are now the new end game maps. Special bosses/monsters will spawn on these regions. Inggison/Gelkmaros Arena have been added. These arenas last 10 mins and can have up to 24 players - regardless of their race. Garrison & Artifacts have been added to these maps. Dredgion Infiltrates have been added to these maps.

So in short Gelk/Inggi will be the new end game maps, world-boss style spawns and a 24-man arena with limited people... thank goodness we are in a dead server.

Silentera Canyon is now a 80 Level Area You can obtain new gear by defeating raid monster such as Anuhart in it

Now I feel insulted by this. The most useless map ever, no teleports, huge labyrinth, most stupid way to get in... I forgot about Silentera's existence for a few years already and I just realized the map was never deleted and now wants and begs to be relevant again! Seriously they deleted so many maps that worked and served their purpose and they kept silentera whos ONE AND single role was to have the beshmudir temple entrance right in the freaking middle of it, furthest away from the starting points! So many bad memories of it, especially when the enemy race decided to camp it or when that random elite patrolling mob decided to agro-glitch on you from kilometers away and chase you while creating a mini train of elites behind you.

Lakrum is now a cross server area, will be accessible daily through a corridor in Inggison/Gelkmaros. However, it will consume time on your hourglass. Now designed for beginner players, not experienced in pvp Raid Boss rewards have been changed. Current New Legendary & Ultimate T2 Gear will be available for purchase on this map. Its base & bonus stats are slightly below current T2 Gear. All Systems & NPCs related to Pandora are removed.

So lakrum is a timed inter-server map designed for noobs? This timed map sounds like their next step in their fight against bots or something. Another feature that will most likely hurt the actual players more than the botters but we will have to wait and see what it is. First they implement Pandora in 6.x which was hard to even think of, then they make pandora streamlined and super easy and now they remove pandora and make T2 gear simply purchasable. This is another retardation of the game

Dumaha is now a cross server area, will be accessible on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday through a corridor in Inggison/Gelkmaros. However, it will consume time on your hourglass.

레기온 채굴기 (Legion Digger?) have been added. I’m not sure what it is. Raid Boss rewards have been changed Altar rewards / items have been changed

I will personally not miss Demaha since I rarely even go there, last time I went there to do something was like 2 months ago and I accidentally visited it 4 days ago when I miss-clicked in the general return scroll where I want to go (I wanted to go to lakrum and hit the last option... and then realized I noobed), such a badly implemented map and it is now timed!

Katalam will now be accessible on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday through a corridor in Inggison/Gelkmaros. ‘Instable Hall of Knowledge’ have been added. The entrance last for 30 minutes - or untill 20 players entered. It respawn after 1:50 ~ 2:10 (hours). 12 Garrison have been removed. The 13 left have been replaced. Raid Objects have been removed ‘Pandarung Infiltration’ have been added. will detail it later.

hahahaah they couldn't wait to bring katalam in 7.2 only to make it restricted entrance in 7.5 Jesus will they ever learn? If I understand correctly only 20 people can enter it every 2 hours? Is Pandarung a regional translation for Pandora?

Prades & Bassen Siege "are back". 192 player per race can attend it. You need to buy a title with Ultimate Bloodmark in order to attend it (similar to how Antriksha Siege was restricted after Pangea). Inggison/Gelkmaros fortress have been re-added. Dumaha & Lakrum fortress siege has been removed. Altar Bosses are buffed.

They re-implement something like panesterra, Gelkmaros/Inggison fortress will be the "new" end game sieges (again) and they delete Lakrum/Demaha sieges... so the NCRecycling continues, they literally go round robin on all the bad decisions they have been making, deleting stuff to bring it back later as the "new thing". I am more than sure their developer team consists of 1 guy that was left to rotate those changes pretending the game is still having plans for future.

Reputation System... blah blah blah

I really have nothing to say about this, we will have to see it, it is an addition so we have to welcome it before we know anything about it.

Gear:
New gear have been added. This gear can break the enchant level cap with a specific item. Current Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate T2 PvP Gear is not obtainable anymore. Upon failing an enchant above the level cap, the item may be destroyed. Vision Weapon have been added. Depending on the weapon, you can have an additional skill. Ultimate Blinding Starlight Armor Set have been added

OK this is the part they changed and kinda lost in translation, no over-enchanting items or something.

Odium / Rune:
Odium system have been added.  it can be worn on jewels. will upgrade one of you normal skill. Items with odians on it cannot be sold nor stored in the account warehouse. Rune system have been added. it can be worn on feathers. it can add a unique passive and one transformation according to the rune. I don’t know if that transformation is taken into account for the collection system. Both of these can be strengthened with a specific stone. upon failing, the rune/odian become polluted. you will need to purify it in order to be able to increase it again.

This is the additional headache, more refinements in items, almost identical to what we had pre 6.0 that were deleted for the "streamlining" of the  game, only re reintroduce those in a different name and items of interest. Refinements like godstones and idians removed and now we have refinements for accessories!!! All of their changes make 6.x look even more stupid, they simply wanted to delete 90% of the game and wanted to invent a reason and called it 6.2 only to bing it back later. I am more than sure RNG will be the absolute driving force behind this system.

Instances:
Altar of Awakening have been added. 6man PvE instance can be entered twice a week.  It will have an EM and a NM.  It will drops necklaces* & feather*. Rewards will change depending on your timer. The boss is called 모르타샤 Mortasha. New cubus added for Mortasha boss.

Another pve instance, almost identical to what we have no with an easy mode dropping nothing while normal mode will most likely be impossible to end like stellin is now. The positive thing is that the faster you end it, the better the rewards which is something, because once you get geared you do it fast and it becomes obsolete to keep doing it unless it rewards you better every time you do something.

The following instances have been removed : Narakkali (BoS), Holy Tower (Frozen Monolith), Prometun Workshop NM (Primeth Forge normal), Makarna NM (is that IDD?), Beshmundir, Makarna HM have been added. , it will share its entry with Prometun Workshop HM. It will drop the armor of Light Fragment Set. New Cubus added for the boss of the instances. Item timer spawn in Runatorium have been changed. there will also be a teleport in it. ToC (I think this is EC on us)Ranking will now only rewards the 30 first*. All the PvP Battlefield got their duration changed. Esoterrace renewal.

Deleting instances is bad but I won't miss BoS/FM, but I will miss Beshmudir because there was a time it was so important and we did it with pleasure. Normal Mode in PF is now becoming the new Hard Mode and I won't do another PF in my life or IDD. Esoterrace renewal... so they delete some instances and bring back all the outdated ones. Recycling!

Valley of Chaos have been added. 6:6 PvP Battleground.  All player will have the same stats. Timer : 10 minutes

A 6v6 IB style instance, which is good to have new things.

Equipements sets have been increased from 5 to 8, 55 lvl cap with missions have been removed

I only used 2 of them anyways and yeah, lvl 55 required you to have all the previous campaigns of that map done or something, and then they did a standalone single campaign to progress and now they remove it. I mean it is not even a big fat deal but I welcome this more than other things because putting such tiny useless and unreasonable restrictions never really made any sense.

Signia/Vengar Removed

I am having an Alepo moment... what is Signia/Vengar? And why the hell do they remove that too?

Resurrection menu on death have been removed (?)

Acquiring a legendary item will no longer create a message for the region.

No more luna self rez or something? And thank goodness they are removing the global message for legendary items.

#####################################################################

Am I turning into an old grumpy gamer that no longer enjoys anything or are the changed still a lame excuse for changes?

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Cygnea and Enshar.

My favorite thing is they're invalidating all your 7.0/7.2 gear within the same 7.X patch series. They're trying to kill their game. :/

Dayum... they really can't wait to cash up again, so now we will have to re-gear? This is getting out of hand.

Just now, Cheesecake-DN said:

"Current Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate T2 PvP Gear is not obtainable anymore."

And the "addition of new gear." :/ + the new enchanting and odiums and runes and what the nyerk else they're coming up with.

And most likely our 6.x and 7.0 pvp materials for upgrading will also get more obsolete.

I guess they will have new gear and I can only hope my current T2 gear will be upgradeable to the new one, oteherwise this might seriously be the end for me.

Can you imagine the regional nerfs NCWest will serve us for dinner?

8 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Now I feel insulted by this. The most useless map ever, no teleports, huge labyrinth, most stupid way to get in... I forgot about Silentera's existence for a few years already and I just realized the map was never deleted and now wants and begs to be relevant again! Seriously they deleted so many maps that worked and served their purpose and they kept silentera whos ONE AND single role was to have the beshmudir temple entrance right in the freaking middle of it, furthest away from the starting points! So many bad memories of it, especially when the enemy race decided to camp it or when that random elite patrolling mob decided to agro-glitch on you from kilometers away and chase you while creating a mini train of elites behind you.

2.0 was designed for a PvPvE game and they did it so well. You had 1v1s you had 3v10s you had 10v6s or even 6v6s as well as zerg v zerg. You name it you had it all because of the Gelk/Igg/SC game design.

It split the community up across the 3 maps people could get all the content they desired. It was the very essence of a PvPvE style game. 3.0,4.0,5.0,6.0,7.0 All failed to capture this. While sure 3.0/most of 4.0 were great patches in their own right they never really captured the true essence of what Aion was and that is a game where 2 factions are at war with each other while simultaneously fighting a 3rd AI faction from bringing further destruction to the home lands.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

2.0 was designed for a PvPvE game and they did it so well. You had 1v1s you had 3v10s you had 10v6s or even 6v6s as well as zerg v zerg. You name it you had it all because of the Gelk/Igg/SC game design.

It split the community up across the 3 maps people could get all the content they desired. It was the very essence of a PvPvE style game. 3.0,4.0,5.0,6.0,7.0 All failed to capture this. While sure 3.0/most of 4.0 were great patches in their own right they never really captured the true essence of what Aion was and that is a game where 2 factions are at war with each other while simultaneously fighting a 3rd AI faction from bringing further destruction to the home lands.

They did well because they were adding content and it was the early years of the game. I also feel nostalgia for those times too, but the game was much more basic and whatever new they imported, we loved to explore because it was an addition.PvPvE was at its most presence when rifts became a thing and very important.

We couldn't walk in Gelkmaros without being attacked by hordes of elyos for example and vice versa. I remember I personally never been in Inggison with a rift with my main because I never saw the need since Gelkmaros was always full of elyos and also don't forget the enemies could capture the enemy map fortresses at some point. I remember there was times both Gelkmaros fortresses were captured by elyos and we had our first LFG wars. Silentera never played a role into this, at least not for me, I rarely ever went there and only if I had to go and pass to the other map for a siege.

Silentera Canyon was a badly designed map and it remained like this forever, it acted as a slowing obstacle between Gelkmaros and Inggison.

(p.s. someone told me at the moment silentera is part of the leveling campaigns or something)

You and I rarely agree, Arhangelos, but we definitely do here. 7.5 gives me the same bad vibes that I was feeling back in 5.8 when 6.0 was on the horizon. The only thing in your analysis that made me perk up in semi-happiness is that they're reviving Esoterrace -- but that's only because I want that skin, and they'll probably end up removing that skin from the instance.

I actually like the Lakrum map quite a lot. It's easy to get around, and back in 6.2, open world pvp was pretty easy to find. I don't like the Demaha map because it's so time-consuming to get to places, so I won't be sad to see its usage lessened.

Silentera Canyon... ehh, I'll have to wait and see. They may re-design it a bit so that it's easier to get to and navigate through, not sure.

14 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

(p.s. someone told me at the moment silentera is part of the leveling campaigns or something)

Yes. It is the last yellow quest in Gelk/Ing before you move onto Enshar/Cygnea.

Gelk/Ing sieges were my favorite sieges out of all of Aion after Abyss sieges died down. They were a lot of fun. The chances of these sieges being the same as old gelk/ing sieges are unlikely but we can hope.

It is strange they are redoing the gearing system, more or less, again without a raise to level cap. Usually after about 2 years they raise the level cap so either they have no plans right now to raise the level or they are just going to redo everything (again) with 8.0...(If this survives that long)

They just need to settle on one gearing system and improve upon it like in the past but it seems like every year now we get a new gearing system. The reason is obvious of course, but still they should find a happy medium and improve upon it. I do like the direction of creating more equipment with varying skin skills and these vision weapons with different weapon perks specific to the class. Character customization is what many people enjoy but instead we keep falling into enchantment hell to min/max our characters instead of being able to create our own builds that are enjoyable to play.

On 17/11/2019 at 0:36 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Cygnea and Enshar.

My favorite thing is they're invalidating all your 7.0/7.2 gear within the same 7.X patch series. They're trying to kill their game. :/

they gave up on this sh1t

Dark Talon will remain as the top endgame pvp gear for more time.
The infinite enchanting crap was change to an almost impossible to reach +15 and even at this point Dark Talon will reamin competitive

56 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

Dark Talon will remain as the top endgame pvp gear for more time.
The infinite enchanting crap was change to an almost impossible to reach +15 and even at this point Dark Talon will reamin competitive

ackchually
At +8 the infinite gear is already better than Dark Talon (T2 Genesis), and if you take a look at Powerbook, you'll notice that even if you fail to enchant, you only have 8~10% chance of destroying the piece.

Idk man, for one single item, weapon or shield depending on class ? I'd take those odds. I'm sure others would, too. If you want to be max geared, "hurr durr it might break QQQQQQQ" will never stop you. Additionally, people who would aim for these items already have full T2 set at this time... hence nothing else to do from now until 7.5 (apart from 2nd/3rd/4th set). Might as well do this.

Of course, you start with one item, and once they put the enchantment stone on the BCM/events, you finish the rest of the set.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

You cant know that yet.

those are passive skills that comes within the new vision weapons, like ereshkigal chest/wings or any old +20 armor skill, not actual socketable Godstones.

it's safe to assume the 3.5% Godstone Supression is not going to work against these skills, otherwise all the lower grade skills would be dead since birth, beceasuse the  supression % would be higher than the activation %

Ancient      vw_silence_g1.png  2%

Legendary vw_silence_g2.png  3%

Ultimate    vw_silence_g3.png&key=0425f1f81d30adcce9 5%

Archived