Known Issues: Server Merge

Cyan

I found the name change ticket, I entered my character's original name, it wont let me have my character name back. I am VERY upset about this as my character had that name for over 2 years, I have worked very very hard on this character. It is not right that I cannot use the same name because yall did this now some one else is using my character's name. This is NOT RIGHT! I WANT MY CHARACTER'S NAME BACK!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Aislinng-DN said:

My group applied to Ashunatal Dredgion and everybody got pop, except for me and someone else, when they went in they had no enemies and two other randoms joined.

Adding to what Aislinng said, the other person did not appear on neither my nor someone else's friendlist as online while we were in the instance, even though he said he never logged out or dc'd

21 minutes ago, 1s33A041-KT said:

I found the name change ticket, I entered my character's original name, it wont let me have my character name back. I am VERY upset about this as my character had that name for over 2 years, I have worked very very hard on this character. It is not right that I cannot use the same name because yall did this now some one else is using my character's name. This is NOT RIGHT! I WANT MY CHARACTER'S NAME BACK!!!

There is a procedure for attempting to get your old name back. LINK. So basically rather than freaking out, you need to submit a ticket. But keep in mind that someone else may have a stronger claim to that name and Support may not rule in your favor. 

3 minutes ago, Otohana-DN said:

Adding to what Aislinng said, the other person did not appear on neither my nor someone else's friendlist as online while we were in the instance, even though he said he never logged out or dc'd

Was either person still using the gibberish names? Or had you changed them already?

16 hours ago, Cyan said:

The forum database is working hard! All names for characters should start appearing and showing up but it may need a little time. 

The in-game server names will be updated so they are same as the forums.

Thank goodness. I didn't like the idea of some my toons being known as 'katal'..... moo.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone, 

we're investigating the issues reported since the server merge such as logging into Iluma/Norsvold and the Coalition window. We will update everyone as soon as we have information to share. Thanks for the reports.

I cannot even get to the accept EULA page. The game login window comes up and I log in to Aion then the update window pops up which says I am already using the newest version and hit Play Now button  and wait and wait for an average of 3-4 minutes then it goes away. That's it. I have file repaired from the update screen. Started the game from root folder, under admin rights, without admin rights, initiated file repair again, successfully verified files. I have tried to start the game 20 times and each time it gets to the Aion Splash screen it just....goes away.......after about 3-4 minutes. Please dont tell me to re-install.....its a magic invisible button isnt it. I just didnt get the email on its location? My ex-wife put yall up to this? Going on 6 years playing and never had this one happen.

I see a lot of people reporting issues of disconnection after attempting to log in. I faced the same problem where playing a lowbie ran smoothly, but I disconnect the moment I try to log in to a higher level character. The 'File Repair' option didn't seem to work either. 

Those of you struggling with this issue...try starting up aion from your C: Drive as an administrator. This took care of the problem for me. Good luck!

-SAMBAKZA [ㄴ므ㅠ맠ㅁ] ^_^

4 hours ago, 1sD03CF-KT said:

I cannot even get to the accept EULA page. The game login window comes up and I log in to Aion then the update window pops up which says I am already using the newest version and hit Play Now button  and wait and wait for an average of 3-4 minutes then it goes away. That's it. I have file repaired from the update screen. Started the game from root folder, under admin rights, without admin rights, initiated file repair again, successfully verified files. I have tried to start the game 20 times and each time it gets to the Aion Splash screen it just....goes away.......after about 3-4 minutes. Please dont tell me to re-install.....its a magic invisible button isnt it. I just didnt get the email on its location? My ex-wife put yall up to this? Going on 6 years playing and never had this one happen.

Did you try disabling your antivirus/firewall? Maybe your graphic card driver needs to be updated?

The last resort would be reinstalling it I'm afraid.

about the kinah from housing,my other toon got it attached on mail.The other one however didn't .So I sent a ticket  and didn't get any reply at all. I have the mail,but only the  guest petals are there,no kinah.And it's not even the level.Both toons are of the same level 68.So I dont understand why I get on another and the other one no.I ws hoping for at least a response,but nothing. @Cyan,will  they ever give it back to us or just ignore our tickets?

• Aion Team
17 hours ago, Jaimie-KT said:

Any idea when we'll be receiving the title we were meant to get upon merge?

The titles unfortunately were not part of the merge process and they need to be sent out manually. We will try to have everyone's sent out next week.

It seems the players originally on KR caught the brunt of this "merge" Total loss of rank Dropped from 4 Star to Soldier 1), blown economy as now Broker items at 10 times more than before. getting pathetic returns on houses etc. Undouble, that once reopened housing will be going at inflated prices since that is the trend of the economy change, but since there was no cap placed on kinah or GP /AP on the merge they smaller server (KR) just gets screwed with out the courtesy of a kiss first. What has basically transpired is that the smaller server population has been effectively removed from being able to compete and function with the larger server's population. Well thought out NC... got to love the logic.

1 hour ago, Crowe-DN said:

It seems the players originally on KR caught the brunt of this "merge" Total loss of rank Dropped from 4 Star to Soldier 1), blown economy as now Broker items at 10 times more than before. getting pathetic returns on houses etc. Undouble, that once reopened housing will be going at inflated prices since that is the trend of the economy change, but since there was no cap placed on kinah or GP /AP on the merge they smaller server (KR) just gets screwed with out the courtesy of a kiss first. What has basically transpired is that the smaller server population has been effectively removed from being able to compete and function with the larger server's population. Well thought out NC... got to love the logic.

Yes. KR was impacted the most with merge to  Danaria, (no argument at all) however Tiamat was also impacted- we also dropped ranks and our economy was not equivalent to Israphael either. As a long-time mansion owner, I had a laughable return on my original price, and contrary to what many people think, not all long-time players have 50 billion kinah lying around so I have no chance of replacing it.

Even given all of the above, I'm happy to see the larger population.

I've still been experiencing DC when logging in with my level 67 Songweaver - she's stationed in Iluma, so I guess that's why.

I've tried starting the game as administrator (which I think it does automatically anyway) and got nada change, still DC in Iluma.

All my other characters have been fine and not DCing when I log in with them, so I've changed all their names.

So, my question is, when is this Iluma problem going to be nyerking fixed? Is there at least some kind of tentative time frame? Are people who are missing out on the Haunted Energy event going to be compensated? I'm logging in for the event almost every day and I can't even take advantage of it. I guess I'll just have to miss out, eh? *sooper salty*

I received 335mill than it got taken away and I didn't even own a home, what's going on NCsoft? I don't like the bone being dangled in front of my face like that and it was by someone called GM Fructuoso and GM Wraith. There wasn't even mail of some sort.

False, I attempted to go into both to see full empty character slots.  Totally unplayable and not cool if this is not fixed.  I stated that I created a new character to try and see if that would somehow bring them back, but now I have a level 1 with all other empty character slots.

7 hours ago, Tree-DN said:

False, I attempted to go into both to see full empty character slots.  Totally unplayable and not cool if this is not fixed.  I stated that I created a new character to try and see if that would somehow bring them back, but now I have a level 1 with all other empty character slots.

Woah thats pretty serious. have you checked both servers and factions?

Archived