Renown

MiphaBae-DN

@Kibbelz This is a major issue in the game right now and should be looked at immediately. I think some people are still getting hit with double reduction. Even without the double renown reduction, and even without double we simply lose too much renown each week. In some regions we simply have no way to maintain renown with the reduction. In other regions we'd have to do every available quest to maintain if we only get hit with normal renown reduction. This seems pretty stupid to me, I'm fine with a system that rewards continuing to play, but you shouldn't have to spend your whole week in that region just to maintain your renown.

With everything else NCwest should be caring about right now, allllll the problems the game has and the literal mountain of feedback they've gotten...just let this one slide guys. Call it a feature. Forget to mention it in your correspondence with KR. Turn it off. Don't worry about it. The decay system is nothing but pure awful garbage that neither pushes your monetization nor yields any sort of fun for your players.

And it keeps breaking. Let it die.

@Loki

6izptSi.png

If your lose twice as much as the amounts listed in this table on a Monday, your character is still affected by the double renown deduction bug.

If you can post screenshots in a format similar to this post hopefully NCWest will be able to escalate this to the NCSoft developers again, and in turn have they disable weekly renown deduction again worldwide (until they hopefully truly fix it completely).

Having some characters lost 575.8k renown per week while others still lose 1.15M renown per week is not fair.

Renown could have been a one time investment, they could make it slower or harder to obtain but should be a goal and once you do it you can enjoy it. It woudl have been the same for everyone in the end.

(Imagine losing cubicles every week and you had to put more to keep your level, or losing enchants from your gear and had to re-enchant, now let me shut up before someone from korea sees this post and gets bad ideas!)

My lakrum used to be about 10%  into level 9, my demaha was freshly 70% into level 7 almost 8, all together I lost almost 2 levels, lakrum I got up, but I've had to bust out the last little b it and I'm still not even 9, its taken what like a full week to gain that 10% I lost, and that's from still doing bosses and weeklies, like its crazy how BIG and hard it is to get to level 9, but a simple mistake can take all that hard work and destroy it, like being so close to finishing one level to work on another just to have them all taken back down is a hard hit, and that's with me being able to have the time to do this stuff, for players who can't play like I can afford to are hit even harder, I don't know  how much overall people lost, but I feel like I lost a lot more then what people are saying, Maybe the math is wrong, but this is huge

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I had level 3 Inggison renown at 2%. I lost 17% today when, according to the chart above, I should've lost only 9%. So I got doubled. :( Pretty sure I got doubled on some others, but I don't have the numbers to confirm what it was before with positivity.

You didn't lose double. Your deduction for this week was the deduction value for level 3.

Level 2 bar has less than half the capcity of a level 3 bar, so your % drop faster when the deduction drops your levels to one below. But it takes much less renown to fill up your level 2 bar than it takes to fill up your level 3 bar.

10 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

You didn't lose double. Your deduction for this week was the deduction value for level 3.

Level 2 bar has less than half the capcity of a level 3 bar, so your % drop faster when the deduction drops your levels to one below. But it takes much less renown to fill up your level 2 bar than it takes to fill up your level 3 bar.

Exactly, people that are at 2~5 or 4% of their level shouldn't try to calculate the amount they lost just by looking the percentage.

If you are level 5 and 0% then you will lose 575.800 FXP and that will take you to lose more than half the level in level 4.

From level 4 and 0% to go to level 5 and 0% you need 925.000 FXP, and you just lost 575.800FXP and that is about 62,22% on level 4.

You will go from level 5 and 0% to level 4 and 37,78% making you think you lost tripple the FXP (because at level 4 you lose 205.700 which is 22,23% only but you actually lost the amount of level 5 to the level 4 if that makes sense).

Archived